Lawns R Us Landscaping & Snow Removal

Founded 1996 • With Angi since March 2006

4.4

PO BOX 793

Pewaukee, WI 53072

Nothing makes a home or business look better than a beautifully maintained lawn. That’s why Lawns R Us has committed itself to offering a wide range of landscaping services throughout the wonderful city of Pewaukee, Wisconsin. From installing large commercial landscapes to creating small intimate gardens, Lawns R Us will get it done on time and on budget....

09/16/2020

Sarah R.

We signed a contract with them to do our landscaping in the Spring of 2019 as their quote was fair and they seemed knowledgeable and professional. Then, we never heard from them on the start of our landscaping. After several attempts to connect with them our voicemails and calls were unanswered. When we did finally connect with someone they would either have to call us back or we were next on the list. Several follow ups and they finally came out and did our landscaping later in the summer. Now we have a low spot on the side of our house where grass never grew, a dead tree and dead flowers that are under warranty and after reporting this to them months ago, here we sit. We were promised someone would be out last week to rectify and now we can’t even get a hold of anyone. We are frustrated beyond belief with this business!

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping

12/13/2019

Shelly L.

Customer service issue - Company doesn't return phone calls or explain why a service that wasn't performed and was never billed, suddenly results in a single bill 90days past due; then won't return calls to ask for details and try to resolve. After repeated attempts to contact via phone, during their business hours - even went to their office in person to try to get details about this charge. Still no progress. Finally ended up paying the balance under protest just to put an end to the run around. Look elsewhere - lawn service received isn't worth the administrative issues experienced.

Description of Work
Fertilizer & broadleaf control

06/24/2017

Paul M.

I have some guys that put my fertilizer down. They just show up it's no set time.

Description of Work
They put fertilizer and weed control down.

01/08/2017

John E.

Took 3 months to get work copleted after quote was agreed on. Once the work was completed it was very sloppy. Rocks left in the mulch, plants very small, some areas not mulched.

Description of Work
Replanted a planting bed and re mulched. Also had weed treatment.

Category landscaping, lawn treatment, mulch

11/10/2016

Gregory T.

They did a good job with the project but the responsiveness and professionalism and working with the customer was horrendous. It took them a couple months to even do it but also the worst part was they never responded to my emails or calls. It was like pulling teeth. Because of the lack of communication I would have used somebody else instantly but they are the only company I found that would take on this project. Great people and good quality work but the communication skills are terrible.

Description of Work
They buried my downspout and black snake hose in the yard under the grass so it's not visible anymore and shot out the pop up valve to the middle of the lawn

01/19/2016

Gary O.

See above. They applied 5 lawn treatments.

Description of Work
They were a pain in the but to deal with in terms of billing. I paid in full back in August after calling the office to find out how much it would be to do so. Then last week, I received a bill for $189.18 and it said that I was 90 days past due. I called the office and left a voicemail that I would appreciate a phone call about this. The next day, I received an email that said it was more convenient for her to send me an email rather than call me. Well, as a customer, it was NOT more convenient for me to spend 3 days communicating with them about something that could have been resolved in one phone call. Plus, I was paid in full, and the gal blamed her billing system. Again, a pain in the bootie.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

[Member Name Removed] Sorry!!! it was an issue with the billing. Being straight forward, we did change invoice software which did cause some issues you spoke of, when the info was transferred. I am glad in the end you and billing got it all handled. And happy to see that you renewed again for season 2016

01/13/2016

Andrew S.

Regular service. Was not home. Went well

Description of Work
Weed control,feeding

12/08/2015

Shelleen G.

I had a great experience with Lawns R Us. I was provided an estimate and the work was done in a timely fashion according to the estimate. The owner was available to speak to me about the work being done at my home. The company was reliable, knowledgeable, and professional.

Description of Work
Landscaping work, bush trimming.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

10/15/2015

Gary M.

Lawns R Us has been very competitive and very professional. Their office person is knowledgeable and efficient. Sean is always responsive, even on the weekends. We are more than pleased with them.

Description of Work
They do snow removal and lawn care for us.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, snow removal

09/26/2015

Guadalupe E.

The trimming of the bushes and weed removal were a big job that they performed well. Thank you.

Description of Work
mulched, weeded, and trimmed the bushes of my entire yard.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

07/20/2015

Molly M.

They exceed your expectations and make sure the job is done WELL, not just done. Very professional and neat.

Description of Work
Multiple projects! Fill dirt to smooth out areas. Aeration. patching. Renewed a waterfall feature in back yard that was 20 years old and not working.

05/28/2015

Jason B.

1/18/2016 - This an update to my original review: After the first moth of service the team of people that came to mow seemed they were always in a rush and would go so fast the lawn was cut uneven they would leave in 10 minutes or less. It so was so bad at the end month you could see where the mower turned on the grass not because of tire tracks but due to the mover cutting the grass to the dirt in spots from how fast they turned. 1/21/2016 - Update after Sean from Lawns R Us contacted me directly: Sean reached out to me based on my review update on 1/18/2016. He was very courteous and willing to work with me to correct the mistakes made. Because of this I have upgraded my rating from C to B, I will still reserve to upgrade the review further once the service starts back up in the spring. It is nice to see a company work with the customer like this and want to thank Sean for contacting me to work on a resolution.

Description of Work
Lawns R Us have done a great job on our lawn and were very punctual on first agreed upon service date. They have been very courteous when it comes to clearing any left over debris and even putting our trash cans next to our garage when their mowing is on the same day as trash/recycling pick up. I plan on using them for snow removal as well.

Category lawn treatment, mulch, hardscaping

05/23/2015

Nancy G.

Excellent performance. My lawn is just beautiful

Description of Work
I have used them for 3 years and have been very very pleased with their work. We have both lawn care and snow plowing.

Category lawn treatment, snow removal

05/02/2015

Edwin M.

Was told all week grass (which was overgrown because of their late start) would be cut BY END OF WEEK.. Now close to 5 PM Saturday and nothing has been done. The man showed up on Sunday and was working hard to catch up.. In talking with him I think he knows what he is doing... I hope we will be able to depend on him coming on a regular schedule which is why we had to stop our prior lawn service...

Description of Work
Cut grass

Category lawn service

03/05/2015

John C.

My house is on an acre lot. When my lawn tractor broke down, I needed a lawn service. I found Lawn R Us in Angie's List and Sean cane right over and gave be a bid. They had my business for the rest of the summer. They were prompt, quick, and do quality work.

Description of Work
Weekly lawn mowing for 7 weeks.

03/04/2015

DENISE K.

I spoke with Sean who sent me the estimate for grass cutting. I was very impressed with this young man. Another very professional person in this company that responded to me so promptly and courteous, that it was a very pleasant experience. He emailed the quote to me so quickly and I was very happy with the competitive price which detailed all the work they do along with the basic grass cutting which was also included in the price. I hired them immediately for this coming 2015 season. And it is nice to just pay monthly instead of some companies that require a lump sum payment at the beginning of the season. Paying by the month means you just pay for the cuttings they do and sometimes we know you don't need your grass cut every week. I love this system of billing.

Description of Work
I left a message over the weekend to have Lawns r us give me an estimate for cutting my grass this summer. They called me immediately Monday morning, very polite and professional. Told me someone would check my property the same day and email an estimate. Which they did and it was an awesome price.

01/06/2015

Cathy C.

We had some issues but they were promplty taken care of.

Description of Work
Lawn service and leave clean up.

12/09/2014

Jennie S.

We have been using them for our lawn service for several years. We have been very pleased with the consistent quality of the work. We also just got a quote from them for holiday lights at the library. Jason was so great about coming over to the library, walking through the options, and getting us a quote. Less that two days later the lights were installed.

Description of Work
We use Lawns R Us for the lawn care and landscape maintenance at the Pewaukee Public Library.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, holiday decorators

09/22/2014

TOM T.

I hired them to mow my parent's front lawn so my aging dad wouldn't do it. They were prompt on returning my call and getting me a quote. They show up each week and do a great job.

Description of Work
Mow my parent's front lawn

09/10/2014

Betsy P.

It's $70 for each application. They seem to do a good job, they are timely, and they are very friendly. I don't know what other places charge for that, but they are probably competitive.

Description of Work
They come and do lawn fertilization.

08/31/2014

Carol M.

I have been using Lawns R US to mow my lawn. In the beginning they were good but the last few times have been bad. This last time the lawn didn?t even look like it had been mowed. Lawn in the summer should be mowed to 3 to 4 inches. My lawn is 7 inches. And they damaged my tree. It looks like a lawn mower ran into it. When I contacted one of the owners, Sean McGee, he made excuses. No one has offered to come out and even check the work. Very poor service. 4 days later - Sean came out and remowed the lawn and checked the tree.

Description of Work
Mowed my lawn.

Category lawn service

07/31/2014

Jessica L.

Great - Shawn has been very responsive to my initial request. He came by and then quoted same day. The quote is competitive and with the high service level, we have high expectations for our upcoming cut, yard maintenance and fertilizer treatment next week. 8.11.2014 - Lawns R Us has cut our yard twice, fertilized once and pulled weeds as well. We have been very impressed with the quality of cut, clean up and responsiveness of the company. Our lawn is looking better and it has only been 2 weeks! $42 weekly cut just under an Acre $59 for fertilization services $15 for weeding/trimming as needed

Description of Work
Quote for Lawn Cutting, Fertilization and yard maintenance

06/16/2014

Phillip T.

They do a great job. Since we have hired them we have noticed an improvement in lawn.

Description of Work
Provide fertilizer/weed control to lawn.

06/16/2014

Heather W.

Both services were performed to my satisfaction and I continue to use them. The vendor uses email for communication which is great.

Description of Work
Provides both snow removal and lawn service.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, snow removal

06/09/2014

Bobbie D.

Requested they call before they come; they don't. (We have cats that go outdoors) We have a patch of weeds in the lawn where we used to have a tree (city cut it down for possible interference with a power line). The company never sprays it for weeds (which we would like to have done). They are regular, reasonably priced and nice folks.

Description of Work
sprays the lawn for weeds

Superior Landscaping

Serving the Elkhorn, WI area for 15 years, trust our professionals to think outside of the box to provide you with the best solutions, friendliest service, and a job that's done right the first time. Our residential landscaping services include: Tree planting Tree maintenance Sodding and seeding Topsoil Grading Mulching Landscape lighting New Fiberglass Pool Install We'll keep your lawn and landscape in tip-top shape all year long, as our services are available year-round. Contact Superior Landscaping today for a FREE estimate on the landscaping services you're interested in!

Night Owl Landscape Lighting

Landscape lighting is about so much more than putting a single light on each tree in your yard and a few path lights by your front entrance. It's about creating a mood, an ambiance, and bringing into existence a room outside that you didn't know was there. Night Owl owner and designer Woody Kerwin takes pride in showing his customers what can be done with light to achieve their goals. The world of LED outdoor lighting is rapidly evolving. Many lighting installers are not trained on the newest technology and can only offer very limited options to their customers. Call Woody to work with a designer who is at the forefront of lighting technology and can maximize your home's value by utilizing a wide range of products. Let Night Owl show you your home at night!

Hoppe Tree Service

Our crew has the expertise and equipment for pruning jobs big and small. The equipment, experience, and knowledge of our team of arborists is second to none. Service matters... Hoppe Tree Service has won the Angies List Super Service Award for 18 years in a row from 2001-2018! Get a jump on your trees for this spring season. Contact us to have a certified arborist evaluate your trees! Whether it is pruning or removal work, or staying ahead of insect and diesase pests before it becomes too late. Our crew can help.

Offers by Hoppe Tree Service on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal, Financing Available, American Express

Lawn Maintenance - Fertilizing - Bush Pruning - Sprinkler Systems - Landscaping - Patios - Walkways - Ponds - Waterfalls - Retaining Walls -Commercial Snow Removal & Snow Plowing

Residental Snow Removal, Dethatching