Greenscapes LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since January 2011

Winner of the 2014, 2016 and 2017 Angie's List Super Service Award, Greenscapes LLC has established a reputation as a leader in commercial and residential landscape design, construction, and maintenance in the Greater Madison Area. As a full-service landscape company, we are a one-stop shop for all

Rivenstone, Town Hall, BrusselsSeat Wall, Pondless Waterfall, Fire pitFront Entry

lawn & landscaping (52)hardscaping (19)snow removal (17)lawn care (12)Patios (9)stone & gravel (8)lawn treatment (6)mulch delivering (5)outdoor kitchens (3)tree service (3)masonry (3)leaf removal (2)

05/05/2022

Frank & Eve C.

I used them for like 6 years now. I've been trying to get a hold of them. As far as I'm concerned they've all paid up but I got a bill last September and this year in the beginning of March or April they charged me $8.00. I kept on texting, calling and emailing them but they're not responding. If they had a legitimate reason I would like to hire them again since they did a good job in the past but I was just confused why they're ghosting me.

Description of Work
They mowed my lawn, they also do the chemicals, they treated it for weeds, they also did the winterizing stuffs.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

Work Completed On 09/10/2021

11/03/2021

Marybeth B.

It went well but they are some communication gaps.

Description of Work
They build a pond in the patio.

Work Completed On 11/30/2020

10/28/2021

Dianne S.

It was great -- Nick the landscape designer understood completely what I had in mind, and he produced an excellent design. When his crew arrived, they knew exactly what they had to do, and they were very courteous and professional. I would definitely hire this company again.

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 08/30/2021

10/30/2020

Joe K.

Never received a call back from them! I expect a call back even if they don't do this type of work - 2 other companies called back to say they were not able to do the job

Description of Work
landscaping - retaining wall repair

Category landscaping, woodworking, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

11/17/2018

John Paul K.

Josh and his crew are great! They listened to all my questions (and I had a lot) and never made me feel like what I was asking was dumb. There were a couple hiccups along the way (the stone for the retaining wall wasn't what we had initially expected), but the guys fixed it without hesitation. My top 3 reasons why I'm planning to continue using Greenscapes as my landscaper for future projects: #3 - Very professional - they were unbelievably patient with all my questions and concerns #2 - The end result looks great (lots and lots of compliments from our neighbors and random passersby) #1 - When the going gets tough, they stick around and make sure it's done right and to the customer's satisfaction Extra special call-out to the crew managers I dealt with most often while the crew was onsite - Nick and Wilton. They were outstanding.

Description of Work
Major Landscaping (retaining wall, lawn grading)

Work Completed On 10/19/2018

10/03/2018

Penny L.

I am 2 years post-use of Greenscapes to do landscaping work at my home. I'm disappointed, at best. Specifically, the areas where they were to remove existing pea-gravel beds and turn them into grass, well, they still have a pea gravel there, the grass still has not grown because they did not use shade grass seed in the shaded areas of my yard (so I have big bare spots), and what's worse, is the plastic mesh they put down over the grass seed, that they swore was made from a material that would just breakdown and decompose, IS STILL THERE 3 YEARS LATER! I will not use Greenscapes ever again, and neither should you. I give them a D because there was 1 foreman who actually seemed to know what he was doing and made his crew work well; problem is, he got hurt, and didn't come back to finish the job, so I got a crew of teenagers who mostly screwed around, failed to put down enough rock in the rock beds, didn't put down the weed-barrier fabric correctly (so now I have a big weed problem), etc. I contacted Greenscapes now, after discovering that a bunch of edging from a flower bed they were to have removed they instead just buried in my yard, to get them to fix the above problems. After multiple back-and-forth emails, I can only characterize them as obstinate! Do not use this company! Ever! They do not stand by their work, they do a sloppy job, oh, and did I mention they threatened to send me to collections back 2 years ago because I didn't pay the final bill because the job wasn't done yet? I finally paid the bill, to get them off my back, and never heard from them again until I just now contacted them. Basically, they got their money and didn't complete the project to my satisfaction. They have a very poor way of doing business (ie threatening collections, not fixing their mistakes), and I regret hiring them.

Description of Work
Landscaping, including removal of pea gravel beds turned to grass, refreshing other pea gravel beds to 2" rock

Work Completed On 10/03/2018

06/10/2018

Stephen D.

Working with Greenscapes was a great experience from the very beginning. We had several companies come by for estimates. Greenscapes not only provided us with the most detailed estimate addressing all of our goals, they had by far the best price. Communication with Josh was outstanding. He was always available to answer any questions or concerns that I had and at no point did I feel uncomfortable or uninformed with what was happening. When the project started, the crew was prompt and very professional throughout. They went above and beyond for us in every way possible. We had a back yard full of rocks and a few very large boulders they removed without charging us for and even put in top soil and reseeded the areas where the boulders were without any additional charges or fees. The end result was simply awesome. We are so happy with the work they did for us. We have had many contractors/companies help us with various projects inside and outside our home, and none have been as great to work with as Greenscapes. My wife and I recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
Installation of paver patio and seat retaining wall, regrading the back yard, and removal of large boulders

Work Completed On 05/11/2018

10/23/2017

Steve B.

Looks great! Only problem is with reseeding the lawn, probably have to start over in some places in spring.

Description of Work
Landscaping and retaining wall

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 10/23/2017

08/20/2017

James D.

Greenscapes exceeded our expectations during 2016 and 2017 multi-day projects to improve our landscape. When we purchased our new home in 2015 we knew that the very steep hillside needed more ‘repairs’ than we could do ourselves. In Summer 2016 Greenscapes weeded and cleaned-up the entire hillside, then planted many perennials and flowering shrubs in the east and west quadrants of our yard. They pruned old existing bushes in the middle section that we thought, at that time, might be sufficient. In Spring 2017 we realized that the middle section of the hillside does not match the visual quality of the 2016 improvements, so we asked Greenscapes to return. Last week the old shrubs and bushes were removed and replaced with several varieties of attractive plants. The results of both projects are excellent; beyond our expectations. Both crews are respectful, hard-working professionals who we welcome to see again. Special thanks to Josh Cobb for his design skills and leadership during both projects. A few days ago, based on the success of the 2016 and 2017 landscape improvements, we requested Greenscapes to return during 2018 for another project.

Description of Work
Landscape improvement

Category landscaping, mulch

Work Completed On 08/15/2017

08/07/2017

Janice S.

Everyone was professional, pleasant, responsive, helpful, including reception, scheduler, Bob who came out to assess what needed to be done, and the work crew. Bob W. and the foreman of the on-site work crew were extremely helpful, answered our many questions, took as much time with us as we needed. The crew members were polite, hard-working and cleaned up before leaving after a long day. We were super pleased with the whole experience. We met with two other contractors prior to selecting Greenscapes.

Description of Work
Landscaping was needed on a recently purchased home to correct drainage problems as one method to remedy water in basement. They installed window wells and removed slopes toward house and added dirt to create slopes away from house. Made the mulch bed around house narrower and seeded all areas that were dug up.

Work Completed On 07/28/2017

Thank you! We are happy to have helped!

07/31/2017

Ken L C.

Perfect, would hire them again and again

Description of Work
steps up rock wall and pavers under fence, previously installed pondless water feature.

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/24/2017

Review for Greenscapes LLC - 5995 County Road D, Oregon, WI - 35940869

Thank you very much! We are pleased to hear how happy you are!

07/07/2017

Jessica W.

Bob and his crew were great to work with! We were on a very strict timeline, as the landscaping was to be finished and then my fence was going in the next day...Greenscapes kept to their planned timeline even though they were rained out 1.5 days. Even after the installation was complete, Bob was still available to answer my questions. That was greatly appreciated.

Description of Work
I hired Bob and his crew from Greenscapes to regrade a troubled area in my backyard, install a firepit and surrounding landscaping, privacy arbs, and a concrete step for a fence gate. The work exceeded my expectations and looks very professional! I only received one quote for the landscaping, so I cannot comment too much on the price other than landscaping is expensive but totally worth it.

Work Completed On 05/19/2017

Thank you for the review! We hope you enjoy your new look!

07/05/2017

Shirley F.

Not happy with retaining wall appearance. Drainage grading was perfect.

Description of Work
Retaining wall and drainage grading.

Work Completed On 06/26/2017

We are so happy that your drainage is working correctly now especially with all of the rain we have been having.. Unfortunately the budget did not allow for a more attractive block. We appreciate your business.

06/22/2017

Brian L.

Bob Wambach and the team at Greenscapes overall did a great job. The team was extremely professional in implementing the plan that we had come up with. They used 3D software to help us visualize what it would look like and we got a color print out of the plan. The design process was relatively seamless. We were really impressed with how professional the crew was. They were on time, and minimized disruption despite hauling in tons of boulders, gravel and needing to use a bobcat to move things around. We were able to continue uninterrupted with our busy lives. Everything was done very professionally and the re-grading and patio looked great when they were done. Clean up was done every day, and they even threw in bonus concrete bumpers as part of the gravel parking area that we had discussed, but was not in the scope of our project. There was some miscommunication towards the end, as I did not initially get a formal walkthrough after completion. But they worked to remedy that. As our project was done late in the season, we would have to wait until the spring to see the softscaping grow into the space and do some patching from the heavy equipment coming through. In the spring/summer, they came twice to reseed the planted grass lawn, but it still continues to struggle, and that would be my only complaint with their work. However to their credit, our lawn space has very challenging conditions with very dense shade. They also replanted some plants that did not seem to make it through the winter and did not grow. So, they went above and beyond, and all in all am very satisfied with the pretty substantial project to our property. We still have more to do and would use them for future work, and we are happy with our results so far.

Description of Work
We purchased a home that had been rented for 6 years prior. As you can imagine, yard work was probably not at the top of the previous renter's priorities. My wife and I loved the potential of the home up on a hill overlooking the lake, with mature trees, privacy and next to a golf course. But the landscaping was in bad shape. We interviewed several landscapers (designers/architects) to come up with a design and implement the plan. We needed to redo and expand an eye sore patio, re-grade the hill to create a lawn for our son to play, put in a boulder retaining wall, install landscape lighting, redo the perimeter planting around the house, improve drainage, and take out some trees to improve the views of the lake. In short, a complete facelift for a big chunk of the property.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, patios

Work Completed On 10/03/2016

Review for Greenscapes LLC - 5995 County Road D, Oregon, WI - 35884722

Thank you! We are glad to help!

06/21/2017

Maureen W.

We had 2 projects. Greenscapes put in a soldier course around our back existing patio and replaced sand grout with polymeric sand. They just completed replacing an uneven front patio paved area, and removed sagging cement walk way and front step. The are the definition of professionalism. Bob the owner is very knowledgeable, and prompt in all communications. His expertise shows in all his ideas. The crew on both projects were amazing. Worked hard and fast. This is our 3 rd landscaping company for projects large and small, and they are by far the best in all details. I would most certainly use them again, and p,an to for future projects.

Description of Work
On separate occasions back patio modification, and front patio installation.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/21/2017

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you are happy with your new look and we look forward to working with you in the future!

11/09/2016

Daniel G.

5 months after they completed the job I'm still compelled to look at my new patio every day. It is simply the best home improvement investment I've ever made. And I'm confident I'll feel this way years from now. Because as good as it looks aesthetically I'm confident that the foundation is solid. I knew a brick paver would look good on the surface, but what earned my confidence in Greenscapes and Bob Wambach was the time we took talking about what was going to go underneath the patio. Talking about the structural integrity of foundations always interests me because I know that's the best way to ensure long lasting enjoyment and best value for the investment. Bob and Lee and the rest of the Greenscapes hardscape team did a fantastic job of building a fantastic patio AND taking care of the customer. They respected our house and our neighbors homes and the neighborhood. Every day they could simply have left all their equipment and made starting the next day even easier for them, but instead they ensured everything was always cleaned up and really limited any disruption for any of us. Some TDS cable laying contractors were working behind my house the week after Greenscapes finished and they left their equipment all over the neighborhood overnight and I had it out with their supervisor when they returned the following day because my expectation now is that anybody can clean up after themselves on a daily basis. Greenscapes has raised the bar and created a new level of expectation for me. I would do business with them again in a heartbeat. My project wasn't even close to being the biggest they've ever done, but it was a HUGE deal for my wife and me and they made me feel like it was a HUGE deal to them. Lastly, Bob and team delivered just what he had designed and showed us electronically. I knew what he designed would transform our backyard, but between the time we agreed to do it and the time the project started I wondered if they'd be able to make that design a reality. They did it!

Description of Work
Brick paver patio to replace a 10x10 slab patio with zero character.

Work Completed On 06/16/2016

09/19/2016

Ronald W.

Excellent job. They put a lot of gravel beneath the patio, and they replaced a lot more of the edging than I asked them to.

Description of Work
Install fire pit and patio. Repair edging.

Work Completed On 08/24/2015

09/19/2016

Ronald W.

The quality of the work was excellent. I also asked them to replace edging. They replaced nearly all the edging even though I only asked them to do it on one side.

Description of Work
Patio and fire pit.

Work Completed On 09/19/2016

09/06/2016

Karen R.

They came out the next day! Very professional and friendly employees. Very hard workers and did an excellent job! We have signed a three year contract with this company. We hope to have a long working relationship with them!

Description of Work
Greenscapes did some much needed weeding by hand in our condo community!

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal, mulch, tree service

Work Completed On 08/30/2016

06/26/2016

Sharon O.

We are very pleased with the whole project from design, hardscape, and landscape. Bob is very professional with a great eye for design and was able to transform the space into a much more attractive and usable area. The crews were punctual, professional, courteous, and cleaned up every evening. After installation, Bob helped to assure that the plants and sod made it through the critical first three weeks. We wouldn't hesitate recommending Greenscapes.

Description of Work
1. Demolished 2 existing old retaining walls and rebuilt them. 2. Removed an old cracked, stamped concrete patio and installed a paver patio. 3. Reworked placement of stairs leading down to pool deck. 4. Added paver area near pool. 5. Covered existing cement stairwell wall with a stone veneer. 6. Replaced plantings and shrubs in the entire back area. 7. Removed large area of lilies and replaced with ground cover

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/23/2016

04/15/2016

Catherine R.

Absolutely phenomenal workmanship, and at a great price. Bob came out incredibly quickly after I contacted Greenscapes, walked around the property with me, listened to all the issues I knew about, pointed out ones I didn't know about, patiently explained and suggested a variety of options, and promptly got me a quote. The workmen arrived with Bob to review all the work the day of and introduce themselves. The workmen were very courteous and did a phenomenal job. Greenscapes' quote came in 1/2 to 1/3 of the three other landscaping contractors I had spoken to, and they still got everything I wanted done, and more. They installed dirt, stone, fabric, and plastic edging to fix the water routing issues all over my property. They dug up the collapsing retaining wall, shored it up, installed rocks and edging to route water away, and installed easy to maintenance downspouts away from the building at a proper grade. The other condo unit owners and I couldn't be happier. They did a phenomenal job at a very reasonable price. I would definitely recommend Greenscapes to anyone getting any landscaping done. GREAT JOB.

Description of Work
Provided expert advise on the issues and avoided a serious issue which other landscaping contractors missed, which would have caused mold behind the bricks walls. Installed proper downspouts, fixed grading all over property, salvaged existing retaining wall, installed pop up drains for proper water routing, installed plastic edging to prevent erosion, provided expert advise every step of the way.

Category landscaping, lawn service, pavers, gravel, drain pipe

Work Completed On 04/14/2016

04/15/2016

Melissa W.

I am very happy with the work performed and communication of Bob and his team. During the quoting process, Bob took the time to thoroughly explain options and considerations to ensure a quality result that would last. He also gave options for future expansion on a future budget. The team was prompt and professional, completing the job on-time. I'm thrilled with the results and can't wait to enjoy my new patio!

Description of Work
Greenscapes installed a 14x16' block patio on the rear of our home as well as two 4x8' raised bed gardens.