COLDER'S APPLIANCE

With Angi since May 2000

9725 S 13TH ST

Oak Creek, WI 53154

A family owned and operated business since 1942, Colder’s prides itself on offering value, selection and service. Serving Southeastern Wisconsin with four showrooms of quality name brand furniture, mattresses, appliances and home décor you are sure to find just what you’re looking for. And if you

08/26/2013

Johanna L.

Felt pressured into the sale by the West Allis Colder's location employees. Appliances seemed over-priced compared to nearby competition (Home Depot). Felt tricked into the sale. Not pleased with the delivery charges, or the delivery service (laziness of the installers - not flushing the copper water line first, not putting the line in the bracket attached to the fridge to ensure it wouldn't kink and break when we were moving the fridge around, etc). One thing Colder's did right was recommend M R Installations to hook up our water line for us. We could have done this ourselves, we've since realized, but Mike from M R was super reasonable, friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, and he charged a very decent price for the job. I'd work with Mike again for sure. Not so sure I'll buy from Colder's again.

Description of Work
Sold us a new refrigerator, delivered it and installed it. Moved our existing refrigerator from the kitchen to the basement.

Category appliance repair, appliance sales

01/19/2010

BARBARA C.

The headboard is damaged, so someone is coming to look at it today. I noticed when they delivered it that the wood looks like it was not pieced together properly in the middle. Everything is great with the refrigerator. The stuff was delivered at the end of December, and we have been waiting all this time for someone to come look at it. So, far I give them a "C" overall. The price was pretty good. The refrigerator's quality is an "A," but the headboard is probably a "B," so I averaged them to a "C." I don't like that they told me they try to repair it, rather than replace it, so we will see how that goes. I am going to wait to see how this gets resolved before I shop at Colder's again.

Description of Work
We go to Colder's to purchase furniture and appliances. The last time we were there we purchased a refrigerator and a headboard.

Category furniture sales, appliance sales

08/13/2008

JOHANNA S.

The people I dealt with were nice but I would have liked their help with the one issue and more elaborate instructions. I would definitely try someone else before I went back.

Description of Work
They sold me a new dishwater. They sent someone out to install it and there was a clip missing. When they came back with the clip they wouldn't tell me where it was suppose to go. I thought that was odd and would have appreciated their help.

12/13/2005

SANDRA O.

Description of Work
Purchased an entertainment center for the living room.

Category furniture sales

03/13/2005

JANETTE R.

ON 2/20/05, I PURCHASED A NEW WASHER AT THE OAK CREEK STORE. AFTER THE PURCHASE WAS COMPLETED, I WAS TOLD THEY HAD NONE IN STOCK. THEY WOULD GET ONE IN ON 2/25/05 AND DELIVER IT TO ME ON 2/27. ON 2/26 I CALLED TO CONFIRM THE 2/27 DELIVERY AND WAS TOLD MY WASHER HAD NOT COME IN. JEFF TOLD ME IT WAS AT THE END OF THE MODEL YEAR, THE WASHER WAS BACKORDERED, AND THEY WOULD CALL ME AS SOON AS THEY RECEIVED ONE. I CALLED AGAIN, TWO WEEKS LATER ON 3/11, WHEN I RECEIVED MY CREDIT CARD BILL FOR THE PURCHASE. I TOLD ROY I WAS RELUCTANT TO PAY THE BILL BECAUSE I HAD NO WASHER. HE CHECKED WITH JEFF AND TOLD ME THE MODEL I PURCHASED WAS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. HOWEVER, THEY WOULD DELIVER THE NEW MODEL FOR THE SAME PRICE ON 3/13. IT IS NOW 3/13, AND I FINALLY HAVE A WASHER. INTERESTING FACT--I VISITED THE STORE YESTERDAY TO LOOK AT THE NEW MODEL I WAS GETTING, AND THE OLD MODEL WAS STILL FOR SALE IN THE SHOWROOM!! AND, GIVEN THE CHOICE, IT IS STILL THE ONE I WOULD HAVE PREFERRED!

Description of Work
I PURCHASED A NEW FRIGIDAIRE WASHER.

11/09/2001

Description of Work
PURCHASED A STOVE

11/09/2001

Description of Work
I BOUGHT A FREEZER THERE.

05/01/2000

KRIS K.

Description of Work
STOVE AND REFRIGERATOR MAINTENANCE.

Category appliance repair