American TV & Appliance of Oak Creek

With Angi since April 2011

4.4

9191 S 13th St

Oak Creek, WI 53154

Additional phones - (262) 548-8550, (414) 521-1000, (515) 273-3000, (563) 359-5000, (815) 229-1400. Additional fax - (414) 362-1339, (608) 275-7529. Additional DBAs - American TV, American TV and Appliance & Furniture, American of Brown Deer, American of Appleton American of Oak Creek, American of

06/02/2012

Brenda F.

American TV has good pricing. I also purchased a washer and dryer at the same time as the dishwasher. My sales person was wonderful! He didn't try to over sell me, and he was very honest. As a matter of fact, he talked me out of spending more money. I thought I wanted a super deluxe washer, with the steam and all the extras. The sales guy specifically asked me what kind of laundry I had. He told me I did not need the expensive one. I am perfectly happy with the one I bought, for a lot less money! I would definitely shop at American TV again.

Description of Work
I purchased a dishwasher from American TV & Appliance of Madison about 2 years ago.

04/13/2011

PATRICK T B.

I had to wait for some parts to get in but the salespeople seemed knowledgeable. They helped me select products and they gave me a good deal. I had them come and install the TV and the Bose sound system. The installers were knowledgeable, professional, and fast. I could have gotten it cheaper on the internet but I wanted to support local business.

Description of Work
I bought a 46 inch LCD Sony TV from American TV & Appliance.

Category home theater design, tv sales

08/21/2009

JEANNE N.

On 1-22-09 we purchased mattress set from American. By June of this year we developed a problem with mattress having huge lump/hump in the middle with body indentation where we sleep. We notified salesman who sold it and he did state to me this has been happening in the past. He sent out representative who inspected the mattress by putting a 30" level to determine that the body indentation just missed the 1 1/2" that was required to reject mattress. This obviously was very inadequate way of measuring. He then suggested turning mattress which we did and then also suggested putting board under it. He was at our home 6-2-09. We had to pay for this inspection also. I then called manager back at American and told manager this issue was not resolved and we could not live with this mattress as is. Both my husband and I have developed very severe back pain and he actually rolled out of bed and we could not tolerate this mattress. They said they could do nothing. I then contacted Sealy on July 20th and filed formal complaint. I have not heard back from them and each time I leave message and they promise to call back I get nothing. Our back problems are so severe we can no longer even sleep in that bed.

Description of Work
On 1-22-09 we purchased a new Sealy mattress set. This was a more top of the line set and we were assured comfort and durability and Sealy guarantee.

Category mattresses

04/17/2009

Dennis J.

I purchased the appliances over the Thanksgiving holiday as part of a kitchen remodel scheduled for late January/February. Salesperson did a great job with helping me with the selection and working with my remodel design. She also did a great deal of work to look for the best deal, including possible rebates as well as helping with the hold of appliances until needed as part of the remodel. After delivery, I had problems with the grates on the range (warped - manufacture defect) and a bad motor housing on the dishwasher (manufacture problem). Both situations were handled promptly under American's service dept and I was left feeling confident I had both the best deal and made the best purchase selection. They could use a little more help on the scheduling of delivery (they were to call 1 hour before delivery so I could leave work to meet them and actually called when they arrived at my house... they agreed to make one more delivery and come back to meet me). All in all, it was a good experience and I would go back to them again based on price, service and product selection.

Description of Work
Purchased new appliances: Frigidaire Professional Series SideBySide Refrigerator, Slide-in Range, Dishwasher, and Over Range Microwave.

07/23/2008

MARGE & DON G.

The sales person was very good, and I am very pleased with the refrigerator that I bought. They delivered it for me and took my old one away. My only problem was the scheduling of the delivery, the sales person told me that it would be an evening delivery, but the delivery people told me it was afternoon, so it took a little effort to change it.

Description of Work
I bought a combination Amana Refrigerator and freezer from them.

05/28/2008

CONNIE W.

The purchase went smoothly and I got a good price, but was downhill from that point on. I scheduled delivery of both the range and microwave, with installation of the microwave for FRIDAY, MAY 23, 2008. (Note: Installation was $100 in addition to the $1940 paid for the appliances). On Tuesday, May 20, while I was out of town on business, American phoned to "confirm" delivery of my appliances on WEDNESDAY, MAY 21 (never scheduled by me). I immediately phoned the delivery center and told them that I never scheduled delivery on the 21st. Delivery was always scheduled on Friday, May 23. They reconfirmed to me that they could deliver both appliances, and install the microwave as originally scheduled on Friday, May 23, and apologized for the mixup. I took a day of vacation on Friday, May 23 and the appliances never arrived. When I phoned them, I was told that there records indicated that I was to call them to reschedule the delivery. I was livid at this point and phoned my sales person who took care of rescheduling the delivery of both items (with installation of the microwave) for Wednesday, May 28, 2008. I even asked them if I should pickup the microwave from the store (rather than have it delivered) so that it was sure to be here when the installer arrived. I was told no, this was not necessary, because the installer would be bringing the microwave out with him, and the range would be delivered via truck. I received a "voice mail" from American on Tuesday, May 27 confirming delivery of my appliances on Wed., May 28. On Wednesday, May 28, 2008, the installer arrived at 9:00 a.m. WITHOUT the microwave. At that point, I called American's delivery department again and was told they had the RANGE scheduled for delivery Wednesday, May 28, and the MICROWAVE scheduled for delivery two days later, FRIDAY, MAY 30. Since I have already taken two vacation days to accomodate these deilveries, I asked them why someone would schedule installation of a microwave on Wednesday, and delivery of it two days later. Anyone with half a brain in their head knows you can't install an item that hasn't been delivered. At this point, I'm waiting for American to call me back to tell me if they can deliver the items today (Wednesday, May 28) and install the microwave today as well, but based on their past incompetence, I'm not very hopeful. If they are unable to do it, I'm cancelling the entire order. If I don't, I'll have to take a THIRD day of vacation to accommodate their incompetence in scheduling and installation of these items. ALTHOUGH AMERICAN MAY HAVE THE BEST PRICES, IT'S NOT WORTH THE HASSLE OF DEALING WITH THE INCOMPETENCE OF THEIR DELIVERY DEPARTMENT. I WON'T SHOP HERE AGAIN.

Description of Work
I purchased an electric range and top line over the stove microwave.

07/28/2007

DENNIS A.

Bought the unit on a Friday. Scheduled it for delivery and set up on the subsequent Friday. American called on Wednesday to identify a three hour time period for the Friday delivery. They arrived about one hour into this period.

Description of Work
Bought a washing machine during American's half price mark up sale. Paid $818 for the washer, by far the cheapest of three quotes. Paid $50 for delivery and set up and $12 for removal of the old machine, plus tax.

05/15/2007

Toby G.

Overall excellent experience. My wife and I went to American looking for a new stove during their 1/2 markup employee discount week. We were immediately approached to be helped. The sales representative was very helpful is showing us gas and electric stoves. The sales representative was knowledgeable about the different brands and differences between them. We ended up purchasing a gas stove later that week that was recommended by the sales representative (recommended in consumer reports as well). The price we got for the stove was a couple hundred dollars cheaper then what I priced at other stores online. The delivery was done the following Saturday and the delivery men actually hooked up the stove and took out the old one. Another store charged extra to have them hook it up outside of their normal delivery charge. Not a hard task to do, but was nice that they did it and verified that there were no gas leaks.

Description of Work
Purchased new gas stove at American TV and Appliance.

10/10/2006

Dena A.

I bought a GE gas stove. I wanted a particular model that nobody else seemed to carry. I called American and ordered it on the phone, and they delivered it the following week for free. The stove came with a slight chip, and they sent someone within a few days to pick it up and deliver a new one. There was no hassle involved; I was very impressed with the customer service.

Description of Work
I purchased a gas stove.

08/04/2006

Paul J.

Mike the installer called me on the day of delivery at work, as I was expecting, and we agreed that the 12:00 noon to 2:00 PM time-frame would work for both of us. He showed up a little after 1:00 PM and removed the old unit and installed new dishwasher in a little over an hour. He did a great job and I was very happy with the entire experience.

Description of Work
Purchased a new stainless steel dishwasher to replace inferior quality unit that failed. The sales person at American TV was friendly and not overly aggressive on the sale. I found the item I liked and ordered for delivery and takeaway.

10/23/2005

STEVE & TRICIA R.

AMERICAN SALESPERSON VINCENT G WAS VERY HELPFUL. HE ASSISTED US IN FINDING REASONABLY PRICED APPLIANCES FOR OUR RENTAL PROPERTY. HE EVEN SUGGESTED ALTERNATES WHEN WE EXPLAINED WHAT WE WERE LOOKING FOR. THE DELIVERY CREW WAS GREAT. THE PREVIOUS TENANT HAD LEFT THE OLD APPLIANCES IN DIRTY CONDITION SO THEY WEREN'T THE NICEST THINGS TO HAVE TO TOUCH & MOVE OUT.

Description of Work
TOOK ORDER, DELIVERED, AND INSTALLED FRIDGEDAIRE REFRIGERATOR AND FRIDGEDAIRE GAS RANGE. REPLACED GAS RANGE 3/8" FLEX HOSE. MOVED OLD APPLIANCES OUT TO THE CURB FOR US.

01/26/2005

SANDRA O.

THIS WAS UNDER WARRANTY.

Description of Work
I BOUGHT A MICROWAVE FROM THE COMPANY.

07/06/2003

NITISH B.

VINCENT GALLO IS A BIT PUSHY BUT VERY ATTENTIVE AFTER THE SALE.

Description of Work
PURCHASED FRIDGE AND STOVE. SALESMAN WAS MODERATELY PUSHY AND AGGRESSIVE. TRIED TO LEAD US TO PRODUCTS THAT WE DID NOT LIKE WHILE POINTING OUT FLAWS OF ONES THAT WE DID. ALSO BROWSED FOR LIVING ROOM FURNITURE AND ELECTRONICS. SALES STAFF THERE ATTENTIVE WHEN NEEDED BUT NOT PUSHY. MUST HAVE BEEN JUST THIS SALESMAN. IN HIS DEFENSE, DID CALL A COUPLE OF TIMES TO ASK IF EVERYTHING WENT OK AND SENT A CARD. PRICE FOR APPLIANCES WAS SATISFACTORY. DELIVERY AT TIME PROMISED AND DONE PROFESSIONALLY. HAD WATER CONNECTION PUT IN FOR FRIDGE. ALSO PROFESSIONALLY DONE AND SERVICE MAN ARRIVED AT TIME SPECIFIED.

11/09/2001

I'VE PURCHASED FROM THEM BEFORE AND HAVEN'T HAD ANY PROBLEMS.

Description of Work
COMPANY BROUGHT NEW STOVE AND TOOK THE OLD ONE AWAY.

11/09/2001

Description of Work
I BOUGHT A WASHER AND DRYER.

KELLY J.

Description of Work
DELIVERY AND INSTALLATION

KAE T.

Description of Work
PURCHASED A FEW APPLIANCES FROM THERE

11/09/2001

Description of Work
PURCHASED A MAYTAG WASHING MACHINE

11/09/2001

Description of Work
PURCHASED APPLIANCES, THEY DELIVERED AND INSTALLED

CAROL S.

Description of Work
PURCHASED A DISHWASHER

Double U Electric LLC

At Double U Electric, we take pride in offering every one of our customers electrical services at a fair price, while never straying away from our focus on customer service. We offer full range electrical services for anything around your home.

Integrated Building Systems

A small but dedicated work force that provides above average service at reasonable rates. We want to help! Let us know what you are looking to have done. We strive to please. If you need any kind of electrical work from servicing existing to installing new we can help. Our team has years of experience to find and fix even the most troublesome electrical problem. Our years of experience also shows when we install new electric. From adding an electric dryer outlet to updating your electrical panel to wiring a new home or office or retail store, we will show you that experience matters. Poor layouts and wiring practices will haunt you forever. Avoid costly mistakes and hire the team that will work for you like we are the owners of the property. Each and every time your satisfaction is our only goal. If you are unsure of whether or not we offer a type of service please do not hesitate to call to discuss your concern. We also install Solar PV electrical systems, Solar Thermal (Heating of Water by the Sun) Systems, Security Cameras, Audio and Video Systems to complete Bar or Home Theater Systems. If you own a large Warehouse or factory and you are looking to change out some lighting or other equipment to become more energy efficient give us a call and you will be surprised on how we can help. Also I have financing and Leasing available for any type or size job listed above.

Elite Electrical Co.

2022 Super Service Award

American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

Installation, repair and replacement of audio, computer electronics, gaming, car stereo, home theater, appliances, TV antenna & furniture and mattresses.