Smart Roofing & Sheet Metal

Founded 1950 • With Angi since June 2004

4985 S Sunnyslope Rd

New Berlin, WI 53151

When you need a capable and reliable Milwaukee Area roofing company, Smart Roofing is the smart choice. As a family owned and operated business, we've gone the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction for three generations. Don't take our word for it, though; Smart Roofing gets most of its work through referrals - satisfied customers who have seen us stand behind our name 100%....

03/09/2022

Lisa R.

Wonderful! Excellent service and quality product! Professional and prompt! A great company to work with and would highly recommend.

Description of Work
complete tear off of old roof, new roof installed, new gutters and rain guards

Category gutter repair,roofing,chimney repair

09/08/2021

Ken P.

Excellent customer service - called at mid-morning to report my issue an left a message, Dale showed up early afternoon, indicated he was working just a few miles away, reviewed my problem and suggested a replacement to the ridge vent and replace the flashing around the plumbing vent. We agreed on a price with an open date for service. To my surprise Dale arrived the next morning with supplies and said that the work would be completed that same afternoon after they finished the job they were working on a few miles away. Work was indeed completed that afternoon. Dale also indicated that there may also be a crack in the vent pipe which may contribute to the ceiling leak, since the open top of the pipe would collect debris, rain, and snow and freezing would damage the pipe, he suggested that a vent cap would prevent debris, rain and snow from building up in the pipe and damaging it further causing more leaks. As a temporary measure, Dale arranged a vent cover with a bucket - this temporary "fix" was the solution to the leak - after more rain there were no additional leaks. I will pursue the installation of vent caps to both vent pipes. Dale certainly knew what the problem was. I would highly recommend him and his crew for any and all of your roofing needs. Professional results and complete customer satisfaction is their highest priority.

Description of Work
resolve leak in bathroom ceiling after heavy rain.

Category chimney sweep

08/11/2021

BWO Insurance L.

Dale and his crew did a fantastic job with our new roof. They were actually able to start ahead of the planned start date. Entire project only took 1 & 1/2 days. Very efficient. Cleaned up well once project was completed. I would recommend giving Dale a call and would hire him again if needed.

Description of Work
New roof & chimney flashing

07/28/2021

steve N.

Communication with Dale Smart was good. Price was very good. Work performed was exactly as expected. Job was performed and completed as scheduled.

Description of Work
Replace roof and gutters

04/19/2021

Jeff C.

We have a side by side duplex. After wind damage, our roof sprung a leak. We tried contacting several roofers who had no time for us. Dale not only responded, but got us scheduled earlier than expected. He and his crew work as a team - nonstop. In less than 2 days we had a new roof and they corrected the flow angle of our gutters, which had been improperly installed previously. New wood was installed to replace the damaged wood (which our former roofers neglected). Their cleanup afterwards was impeccable! I mowed the lawn the next day and found no debris or nails. Dale doesn't job out. He is right there in the thick of things working with his crew. I could go on and on about how pleased we are. But, I'll just say that if you need roofing done, look no further than Smart Roofing!

Description of Work
New roof needed

Category gutter repair,roofing,roof cleaning

01/06/2021

James S.

Dale installed our roof back in 2002 and we were happy with the quality craftsmanship and price. Fast forward to 2021, we encountered a ice **** leak. I texted Dale at 5am and he got back to me in less than an hour later. After discussing the problem I was having, Dale assured me he would be out to take a look and being the man of his word he was. Dale found the problem and took care of it. When the time comes for a new roof I know Dale and his team will be the only one I call.

Description of Work
Ice **** leak

Category roofing,roof snow removal

08/08/2020

John J.

Excellent job by Dale Smart Jr. and his crew. Very efficient. Did not use a dumpster or dump truck for the old shingles. Instead use a piece of equipment called the "Equipter" which was raised up to the roof to collect the old shingles. That prevented the shingles from landing on the ground or flowers. Installed Northgate architectural shingles from Certainteed. The cleanup was the best by any contractor who did work on the exterior of our house.

Description of Work
Removal and replacement of old roof shingles.

Category roofing,woodworking

05/18/2020

Kathy S.

Dale and his crew did an extraordinary job. Dale took all the time to explain everything that was going to be done. He gave us addresses of homes with the various roof colors so that we could see them on a completed project; he followed up with every detail; he communicated what was going to be happening and when; he cleaned up meticulously; he and his guys were extremely pleasant and personable. I would recommend Dale and Smart Roofing without reservation. The roof looks great!!!

Description of Work
New roof with vents added

05/11/2020

Curtis K.

Dale was very easy to work with. He was very helpful at understanding what needed to be fixed and how he would go about doing it. The roofing system was put on in one day and very little was left behind. I would hire this company again in a heartbeat

Description of Work
Deck Roof Removal and Roof Repair. Installation of complete Roofing System

02/16/2019

todd K.

Great! On time. Super price. They left the yard and driveway spotless. Dale took time to educate my wife and I on all things roofing. We recommended Smart Roofing to friends who were also very happy with the company. We still bring up Dale Smart whenever someone talks about getting a new roof. I can't imagine better customer service.

Description of Work
New roof and chimney flashing.

02/15/2019

christine J.

Excellent. Dale spent time helping make the correct decisions. He is honest and forthright. The crew are great. They are friendly and courteous and seem to enjoy themselves. The worked hard and did a great job keeping the property clean. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
new roof and skylights

Category roofing,chimney repair,skylights

05/17/2018

jim N.

very good done on time and on budget everything was cleaned up

Description of Work
tear off roof and install new on house and garage

05/01/2018

Michael E.

It went as well as it could possibly go. Because it was an early season project, weather was an issue. When one good day showed up in the forecast, they brought in both crews, stripped the old shingles off and put the new ones on in one day.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

03/16/2018

Joe L.

Excellent. The guys got a tearoff and roof on in 14 hours.

Description of Work
Tear off and roofing

Category roofing,chimney caps

02/15/2018

Bob B.

Better than i could have imagined. From the first call it was maybe 10 minutes till i recieved a call back. Dale was at my house the next morning, I had a rough estimatebefore he left and a final quote within 3 days... (it would most likely has been sooner but I couldn't choose a color for the gutters that quick). My quote was very fair and Dale explained everything. I signed and we set a date a couple of weeks away. I was surprised by a phone call asking if they could start early (as it didn't rain as much as was predicted) to which i happly agreed. Dale and company showed up early, did a fantastic job, cleaned up at completion. Very professional, great experience.

Description of Work
A complete re-roof

01/31/2018

Darlene C.

This is a family owned and run business. Dale Sr. Owner of the company came out to provide the estimate - both Dale Sr. and Jr. are part of the crew that worked on the job from start to finish. The people that come out to give the estimate are the folks are on the job. We are extremely happy with the appearance of our roof and the work that was done.

Description of Work
Entire roof needed to be replaced.

01/16/2018

Michael J.

Very well. No problems. Work was done on time.

Description of Work
New roof, some facia repair

01/13/2018

LAWRENCE G.

It went great. Owner and crew were very professional and personable. Great job of explaining what was needed and costs required. Responded to every question I had during the job. I was very pleased with how quickly the job was done and that daily cleanup was thorough. I am very satisfied.

Description of Work
Complete teardown of old roofing material; new roofing installed

01/09/2018

Christine W.

This is a great company to do business with. Cost, cleanup and efficiency were excellent. I would definitely recommend them to other people that need work done.

Description of Work
Needed a roof replacement.

01/05/2018

Val T.

Dale came over and gave an option to replace just the ridge shingles or the whole roof. We chose to replace the whole roof but it was nice to have the option. Dale communicated well about scheduling of the work (both on the phone and through email). His team showed up as promised and completed the job quickly and professionally. There were a ton of yellow jackets in my old gutters and gutter protectors and Dale's team did not complain a single bit about having to deal with being bitten by yellow jackets. They cleaned up the job site very well too and I didn't get a single nail in any of my 3 car's tires. Dale followed-up after the work was done to ensure I was satisfied. Overall, very positive experience. I am recommending Smart Roofing to all my neighbors.

Description of Work
Shingles on the ridge of the roof were falling apart and starting to leak.

Category gutter repair,roofing,roof cleaning

Thanks [Member Name Removed]!

10/03/2017

Kyle R.

It was great! They did my whole home (a 2,500 square foot ranch) in 3 days. The roof looks amazing and they did everything I requested. Also the price was much lower than the other quotes. Would definitely go with Smart Roofing again!

Description of Work
I got my whole roof replaced.

08/14/2017

Florence S.

Dale was able come by fairly quickly to look at the roof and explain the problem. What I liked best was that he also was the person who was going to do the work. Therefore the discussion we had before the start of the project would not have to be passed on to someone else. He was very efficient, took pictures of the problem areas to show me, explained the repair and sent an estimate that evening. Lucky for me he was able to schedule it for the following week.

Description of Work
There was a leak along the side of the chimney on the roof. I had some water in the entryway.

07/14/2017

Shawn G.

I contacted Dale from Smart Roofing to come out and take a look at my roof and give me an estimate. My grandfather had used them before and was very pleased with the work. Let me say I agree 100% Dales estimate was about half what I had pictured it would cost and he even offered to quote my garage. He and his crew showed up early in the morning and worked all day and finished in 1.5 days. They did a wonderful job on the install and the cleanup. No dumpster was required because they have portable machines that can be raised to the roof line to dump debris in. What impressed me was Dale always seemed to be around to take my questions on nights or weekends. I am very pleased with my new roof and I know my house will stay nice and dry.

Description of Work
My old roof was leaking and it needed to be replaced.

04/28/2017

Philip S.

It went well. We had a good conversation about what remediation could and should be done (new decking), and the work proceeded forthrightly. Workers were careful of my lawn and plantings and were courteously conversational.

Description of Work
Tear off old roof. Correct attic air flow. Check attic soffit vents (OK). Correct decking: add plywood decking over 1930 roof boards. Install complete new roof, including ridge vent, ice and water shield at gutter edge, new starter strip at gutters and valleys, new valleys, new underlayment, new dimensional shingles.

04/20/2017

Sue W.

Entire crew was great. Professional yet friendly. Explained what was being done and answered any questions I had. Clean up was done at the end of every work day.

Description of Work
Roofing was originally done about 7 years ago and job was great. Due to a fire on adjoining property, shingles on two sides of roof melted. Called Smart Roofing and they stopped by the next evening, looked at damage, and assessed what had to be done. Fit me into their schedule and shingles were replaced within a week. Great job again.

Empire Home Remodeling

Empire Home Remodeling, Inc specializes in windows, siding, roofing, creativity, customer service and project management necessary for success. Our most satisfied customers are those who want a company to manage their project, leaving the problem solving and details to the professionals, thus allowing them a worry-free experience.

Offers by Empire Home Remodeling on Angi
    Milwaukee Windows

No pressure sales because we know our product and pricing are better than the competition. In addition to our goal of a quality product and competitive pricing, Milwaukee Windows is also able to get you the windows within a short period of time (7-14 days). Milwaukee Windows began as the owner was searching for a quality window manufacturer for his investment properties. Although the big box stores had standard size windows at a reasonable price (for the quality level supplied), custom sizes were cost prohibitive and took a long time to get once ordered. In addition, there wasn't much selection if you wanted a higher quality product. Other window retailers were expensive and slow. After researching different windows and finding a high quality one he liked, he decided to go directly to the manufacturer and negotiate pricing since he had such a high volume of windows he would be ordering. Over the years, friends, fellow investors and contractors began requesting orders. As a result, Milwaukee Windows came to existence.

Weather Tight Corporation

Weather Tight is the Milwaukee area window leader and are a family owned and operated company that has been serving the nine-county area of Southeastern Wisconsin since 1986. www.weathertightcorp.com Weather Tight is Wisconsin’s largest exterior home remodeler with more than 30,000 satisfied customers. Our proudest accolades include: -In business for 35 years -Over 30,000 satisfied customers -"A+" Rating with the Better Business Bureau -Wisconsin's most recommended remodeler Weather Tight is licensed, bonded and insured and a member in good standing of: -National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) -Metropolitan Builders Association (MBA) -Better Business Bureau (BBB) We offer our customers a free, in-home, no-obligation consultation and price quote. We are confident that we can provide you with the best quality product, for the best price – guaranteed! Weather Tight has a full-time factory-trained service department that will take care of your needs should you need your warranty serviced. You do not need to track down the manufacturer, just give us a call and we will take care of everything for you!

New roof installation, repairs, re-roofing, gutter replacement, gutter rehanging, fascia replacement, gutter guard, gutter cleaning, chimney repairs, downspouts, flat-work, roof coatings, sheet metal work, siding, windows, doors & garage doors.

Concrete, major landscaping, major electrical.