Akrit Sales & Service Inc

Founded 1955 • With Angi since May 2000

17300 W. Cleveland Ave

New Berlin, WI 53146

Additional phones - (800) 678-2578, (414) 529-6380. Family owned & operated. 34 Employees. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply. Additional email - customerservice@akrit.com. Additional fax - (414) 529-6385

05/05/2020

Jennifer N.

Akrit was very professional. Patrick identified the problem, ordered a part and replaced it when the part came in. Great communication about cost, parts, timing. Paid over the phone and received an email receipt.

Description of Work
replace heating element in double oven (larger oven)

11/09/2018

Karen H.

Company was not prompt in replies to my initial request for service and prices are high. However, service tech was excellent - punctual, knowledgeable, professional, very neat and friendly.

Description of Work
Initial call was for Bosch dishwasher repair and Wolf oven door hinge. Replaced dishwasher instead of repair so charges were for service calls and oven door hinge replacement.

11/10/2015

SANDRA R.

He came in, ran the diagnostics, removed the air gap cover, removed a small piece of plastic that was blocking it from draining, ran the rinse cycle and that was it. It cost more than I anticipated but the Service Manager called and was very nice to explain everything to me. It is nice to work with a local company that someone actually listens to your concerns and cares.

Description of Work
Dishwasher had error code and wouldn't drain.

09/08/2015

Deborah M.

They have done great work and are very reliable.

Description of Work
They fixed our refrigerator.

Category home improvement stores

11/19/2014

Becky D.

My Bosch dishwasher wouldn?t drain shortly after the one year warranty expired. Akrit is the Bosch servicer in my area, so I called them. I reached Debbie who told me to try one quick thing before she sent a service person. It worked! Akrit may have lost a service call, but they gained a new customer, a great Angie?s List review and future recommendations from me. (Debbie also made a call to get someone out to me that day if needed!!)

Description of Work
My Bosch dishwasher wouldn’t drain shortly after the one year warranty expired. Akrit is the Bosch servicer in my area, so I called them. I reached Debbie who told me to try one quick thing before she sent a service person. It worked! Akrit may have lost a service call, but they gained a new customer, a great Angie’s List review and future recommendations from me. (Debbie also made a call to get someone out to me that day if needed!!)

08/04/2014

Brian K.

They couldn't find anything wrong with it but the problem still exists. We might need a new oven. The one tech was at the home for about an hour. We've used them a number of times since the last appointment.

Description of Work
They looked at a wall oven for us.

07/19/2013

Karen K.

The first guy who came in said my freezer needed a part that has to be ordered. He put it in a few days later it wasnt working. We called them back and a new guy came out. The new guy said that part shouldn't have been put it all together and we needed a new freezer. Thats what we ended up doing and they reimbursed us for the cost of the part and we really appreciated that.

Description of Work
They came to repair our freezer.

06/25/2013

RICHARD & SHIRLEY R.

We like them, they are one of the few that do the sub zeros.

Description of Work
I used Akrit Sales & Service Inc to check our sub zero refrigerator.

03/26/2013

Jill L.

The technician, Patrick, was prompt and very nice. He is very knowledgeable about the Sub Zero brand. If you are able to request a technician, I would highly recommend Patrick.

Description of Work
Unit inspected by checking freezer defrost cycle, which checked ok, and freezer thermostat which was cutting out. Thermostat replaced.

11/20/2012

Nancy H.

They arrived on time. They were very friendly and helpful and gave me suggestions on other issues with the dishwasher. I am a repeat customer and would definitely call them again.

Description of Work
My Bosch dishwasher would not drain or cycle. They cleaned the drain which was plugged.

07/12/2012

James G.

I was provided a 3 hour window for service, so the technician contacted me by phone ahead of his arrival. He was very professional and courteous when he arrived, and worked quickly to resolve my issue. This was a very painless and easy experience. I would definitely use Akrit again.

Description of Work
The new gas range that I had purchased had an issue with the oven heating properly.

05/31/2012

Lynn W.

The service cost was $89, and the total cost was $300. Their response time was quick, and they were courteous.

Description of Work
Akrit Sales & Service Inc repaired my refrigerator the last time.

05/11/2012

Carolyn H.

All six burners lit without difficulty when the technician left. However, a week later on the final walk-through, the buyers were unable to get one burner to light automatically. Akrit dispatched a technician the day after I called, and performed the additional fine-tuning under their work-warranty at no additional charge to me. So not only were they extraordinarily responsive, they stood firmly behind their work. Much appreciated!

Description of Work
In preparing this property for sale, gas burners on a Dacor cooktop were not igniting reliably. I had called a different provider (more local to the property) but upon arrival they could not service a Dacor appliance. Akrit was able to send someone out first call the very next day, a great assistance as I had travelled back to the Milwaukee area to tend to these details and needed to return home.

10/08/2011

Efrem P.

During that call the very nice woman taking the call noticed that there was a safety recall for the dishwasher control unit. She gave me the information to request the appropriate parts and asked if I wanted to wait on my service call until this was completed. I did. When the replacement part came in we scheduled the repair quickly and the tech did a quick check of the entire unit.Whatever he did solved the leak problem and stabalized the unit overall so that it is quiter than before... they did all of this while out for the warranty repair .

Description of Work
Our dishwasher was leaking during the last part of the cycle I contacted them for service.

01/05/2011

Carla G.

They were the only company that repaired dishwashers, so I didn't have a choice but to use them. There weren't any problems while they were there. They can get in pretty quickly. They are fairly available. They showed up on time and everything. Their price was high, however.

Description of Work
They repaired my dishwasher.

09/29/2010

MARYANNE H.

The service person called to tell us when he would arrive, so we didn't have to wait all morning. He found the problem, fixed it, made excellent suggestions, and saved us money. He worked clean and left everything in order.

Description of Work
They repaired a sub-zero refrigerator, identified leak in freon, and replaced condensor. Also they fixed door latch.

04/18/2010

Zorian P.

The troubleshooting and replacement work went very well - as planned and as estimated. The total price was less than the same compressor replacement 9 years ago done by another company.

Description of Work
Replaced freezer compressor. Our house has commercial type refrigerator that was bought by a previous owner. The refrigerator is now 20 years old and would be very expensive to replace. The compressor was already replaced, 9 years ago, by another company that apparently didn't charged it correctly, which caused its failure.

10/24/2008

Kirby S.

It turned out that the parts that might be needed were unavailable for my range, which is nearly 20 years old. But the technician took the door apart and fortunately found screws, etc., had just worked themselves out and fallen into an area I couldn't get to, so he was able to put it back together again and make the door serviceable. I was very grateful as I wanted to hold off on getting a new stove until we re-do our kitchen, which is still several years off.

Description of Work
Oven door on older Dacor stove would not stay in the "ajar" position and needed to be fixed.

06/02/2008

BERNADETTE J.

They get an A in everything. They were very quick to come and they know everything. They fixed it and they left. They cleaned up behind themselves. They were very professional.

Description of Work
It is hard for me to conect one with another. This was the fixing of are garbage disposal.

11/27/2007

SARMITE G.

Very good. The technician explained what he was doing and how the homeowner could do the same type of troubleshooting of the appliance in the future. We were very satisfied with the service provided by the technician.

Description of Work
We were looking specifically for repair on a Bosch dishwasher. Upon recommendation of another Angie's list appliance repair business, they recommended this company to work on Bosch products due to the differences in the appliance attributes. We were very satisfied with the recommendation that Akrit perform the work on our dishwasher due to the complexity of the product.

10/26/2006

JULIA M.

They did a great job! They even showed me how to trouble shoot the problem by myself so I would not have to call in a repair next time!

Description of Work
I had them come to my home for a dishwasher repair.

10/16/2006

HEATHER L.

Both situations went well. The tech for both was professional, courteous and effective. In the Viking case, a part needed to be ordered, and the follow-up after that was smooth and efficient. The warranties meant that the bill did not go to us.

Description of Work
This company came out on two different occasions to handle warranty work on a Viking oven and a Sub-Zero refrigerator drawer in a remodeled kitchen.

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

03/09/2006

C M.

We were not impressed with them. The first time they were out to fix the microwave (the repair person was extremely helpful and informative). Second time to fix the fridge (the first repair person didn't assess the issue correctly, second repair person came out and reassessed). Meanwhile we are without a refrigerator for several days!! We asked the repair person to have their office call us to discuss the issue, the timing and the cost. The office did not call; instead charged our credit card with the amount estimated. We called again. Didn't receive a phone call back. It was very frustrating because nothing ever happened. We are very limited in the choices we have to fix the appliances we have. ( We bought the house with these appliances already selected). We called them again to look at the dishwasher. This experience was okay. It seems like the experience is directly related to the repair person.

Description of Work
We have had them service our kitchen appliances (microwave, refrigerator and dishwasher).

Category handyman service

11/11/2005

CAROL & JAY E M.

THE WORK WAS DONE VERY PROFESSIONALLY. ORDER WAS PLACED AND REPAIRMAN CAME WITHIN 5 HOURS. HE WAS VERY FORTHCOMING ON THE PROBLEM AND WHAT I COULD EXPECT IN THE FUTURE. I WOULD RECOMMEND UNCONDITIONALLY.

Description of Work
REPAIRED SUB-ZERO REFRIGERATOR WHICH WAS NOT COOLING.

10/10/2005

Carla G.

DOUG CAME AND DETERMINED THAT A SCREW WAS MISSING FROM THE PUMP. IT WASN'T IN STOCK AND HAD TO BE ORDERED FROM THE SUPPLIER. ONCE IT CAME IN THEY WERE RIGHT OUT HERE TO COMPLETE THE JOB.

Description of Work
THE DISHWASHER WOULDN'T PUMP OUT THE WATER. A SCREW WAS NEEDED TO HOLD THE PUMP DOWN SECURELY IN ORDER FOR IT TO WORK. THIS WAS UNDER WARRANTY.