A & L Appliance Servicing, LLC

Founded 1998 • With Angi since May 2006

6270 S Linnie Lac Place

New Berlin, WI 53146

City of New Berlin's "Business of the Month, April 2015" A&L Appliance Servicing LLC opened for business in 1998. We serve residential homes as well as condominiums and multi-family complexes throughout Greater Milwaukee area and Waukesha County in Southeastern Wisconsin. Our repair technicians are

06/14/2019

Kenneth K.

Top notch! Done in the time they stated.

Description of Work
Repaired Washer

10/01/2018

Ed R.

The technician determined the issue and gave us our options to fix, or replace. We opted to replace the appliance.

Description of Work
Refrigerator review.

04/26/2017

Cindie Z.

Great! Professional, friendly, knowledgeable, and good value.

Description of Work
Washing machine repair

04/26/2017

Ed R.

Maintenance and installation was done perfectly.

Description of Work
Appliance maintenance, and install range hood.

03/13/2017

Robert Q.

It went very well. From the initial contact through the scheduling to the home visit. All was smooth and top level professional. Excellent resource.

Description of Work
The requested service was to diagnose and repair dryer problem.

02/27/2017

Jan G.

He is real fair. Quality of work is great, and is fair priced. him and his wife are just wonderful people.

Description of Work
He comes by a couple times to replace a washer and dryer.

02/16/2017

Debra M.

A & L Services showed up on time and got to work. I am very pleased with the repair and the repairman was very knowledgeable. He even took a look at the dishwasher while he was here and explained a feature that I thought was working wrong. I would recommend this company.

Description of Work
The upper oven on our range stopped working and needed the igniter replaced. Also I thought the dishwasher was not working properly.

09/27/2016

Jean M.

While at the house he informed me of a manufacturer defect in my refrigerator. It was already out of warranty so I never would have thought they'd fix it for free. He thought it should be covered anyway, and he was right! Frigidaire said that it needed to be taken care of by an authorized Frigaire service center (which A&L isn't) so he gave me all the information I would need and only charged for the service call. I have used them before and they left a great impression so I had to find them for this appliance repair as well. All I can say is they're the only service provider that I trust.

Description of Work
Ice maker repair

04/25/2015

Jonathan B.

Steve showed up within the guaranteed window of time. Very professional and friendly. I was very concerned about using my oven and Steve reassured me it was okay. Showed me how to use the broiler. Also wiped up the kitchen floor before moving the refrigerator back against the wall. Would definitely use him again for other appliance repairs.

Description of Work
Looked at my oven because there was insulation hanging from the oven vent. Also checked out the 'workings' of the oven. Moved and cleaned the coils on the back of my refrigerator.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

12/30/2014

Donald B.

Figured out the problem and fixes it quickly

Description of Work
Repaired ice maker

11/06/2014

Jessica G.

Steve was the nicest guy. He was prompt, which I sincerely appreciated, too. He not only fixed what needed to be fixed, he educated me on what I could try before having to call him again (and help save me money!). They guarantee their work for 90 days and assured me that if the same problem arose, he would be back, free of charge. He was easy to schedule and he was able to address our problem very quickly in a time frame that was convenient for us.

Description of Work
We have a Viking range that was not lighting appropriately. He came to clean it up and determine the problem. 30 minutes later, it was fixed and he educated me on what I could do moving forward to prevent it from happening.

12/18/2013

Ruth S. A.

We've been consistently pleased. Steve is pleasant and helpful, and a good explainer. His prices seem reasonable and the service is very good.

Description of Work
Today Steve simply called me back to answer a question about our dishwasher. He has been fixing our dishwasher, washer and dryer since at least t least 2008.

01/25/2011

MARCIA R.

Excellent. Asked us clearly if we wanted to pay the money for the dishwasher door noise which was not harmful and the parts cost a lot. Also told us he could not identify specifically the cause of the water not draining so he did a couple of possible fixes and it worked. Very clean, courteious, and professional

Description of Work
Repaired washing machine that would not drain and a squeek in dishwasher door

12/09/2010

KRISTIN T.

Oven was not heating up. He came out and said the oven was working fine it must be the fuse. I had to pay an electrician to come out and check the oven and replace the fuse and that did not work. The electrician said the fuse was fine and the oven conncections were fine. Had to have him come back out and then he had to order a replacement part and come back out again. He only charged me for the part, but I still had to pay an electrician and go without an oven for longer.The 450.00 included the cost of the electrician and the 2 visits.

Description of Work
Oven was not heating up.

12/24/2009

JAMES A R.

Steve the owner, was on time. Very professional, a really nice guy. It was very difficult to find the problem because the refrigerator was working. It completely shut down the day before - everything started to melt. Checked it in the AM, it was working again. He tried a new relay switch, this triggered the compressor to shut down. We realized the compressor was the problem,but he put the old switch back and it started running again. I called Maytag they said they could only replace the compressor if it stopped working completely. Steve did an outstanding job. He explained everything to my wife and myself about what could happen next. It could run for a time, he said if we had more problems in the future he would do every think he could to fix the problem. We are very satisfied with his company and his service.

Description of Work
Checked our Maytag refrigerator. It had stopped working the day before. It started working the next day. He performed a diagnostic check on it & cleaned it. The compressor has a bad spot in the winding. The refrigerator is working , however we do not know how long it will continue. The compressor is in warranty now, Maytag will not replace it until it stops running.

10/08/2009

Truman T.

I finally called the Maytag Customer Service number. They referred me to 3 possible repair facilities in my general area. My Wife suggested that I look at Angies' List for possible reference. I am SOOOO glad that I did. I found Aand L Appliance Servicing near my home address with highest Member ratings. I called Aand L. Steve Arndt came to my home arriving at our agreed scheduled time, was exceptionally professional and knowledgable, diagnosed the problem, and had it repaired, tested and running in very short order. I will certainly call Aand L again in the future, and have recommended Steve to all my friends and Family.

Description of Work
Gas dryer stopped working in moisture sensing mode. Possible causes per the manual ranged from clogged vent system to some that appeared to be quite expensive to repair. I comopleted all that I could before looking for a repair facility.

03/01/2009

VICKIE & JOHN M.

Things went well. He was here over 2 hours and was very thorough and explained things well. He did arrive later than the 1.5 hour window given in the morning but the office staff called and gave me a new time, apologized, and called me right before the repair guy arrived.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and fixed multiple problems with an ice maker. Diagnosed wiring problems with a double oven. He couldn't fix the oven but narrowed things down for the electrician to complete.

09/30/2008

JOHN S.

It was very good. His price was very good and the work was done right. He seemed to be very knowledgeable because he knew what he was doing. We would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
He came to my home and replaced a part to the washing machine.

08/21/2008

PAM R.

He came out to check my refrigerator, and found that it didn't need to be replaced. Somehow there was water dripping where there wasn't any pipes! He found the problem with the pan and pushed it back into the right place, without any additional charge. He didn't charge me for the time, just the surcharge. He doesn't try to rip you off, and the work he does is great!

Description of Work
He checked out my refrigerator, and found that it didn't need to be fixed. But he found the source of the leak, and righted the problem.

04/30/2008

DIANE R.

We had another company work on the freezer awhile back and the work wasn't done very well. When we tried to call this company back we found the number had been disconnected. That's when we turned to Angie's List for help. We saw the great reviews for Steve so we called him and he came out at a time that was convenient for us. He fixed everything and was super friendly. The freezer is working fine now, thanks to Steve. We're going to call him for any appliance repairs we need.

Description of Work
Repaired a broken freezer on our side-by-side refrigerator. The door was crooked and not shutting tightly and the ice drawer wasn't working properly.

04/04/2008

Stacie K.

Steve checked our Frigidaire front load washing machine, which was making quite a racket during the spin cycle. As it turned out the bearings were bad, which I have found a very common problem with this model washing machine. It was only 4 years old! So, Steve recommended we get a new one, since the repair would have been just about as much as a new washer. He helped us confirm the best make and model for a replacement, which was great! Steve also ordered a new ice maker for our Frigidaire refrigerator, then replaced it. He did a great job especially with fixing up our dryer, which unbeknownst to us, the original installers jammed the vent and we had a lint fire because of it. So, he cleaned out the lint, swapped the positions of the washing machine and dryer. This all occurred after a phone call on Friday, the washer check on Monday and dryer cleanup on Thursday. Awesome service and great turnaround! I hope Steve is in business for a long time to come because he is WONDERFUL!

Description of Work
Steve performed the following: 1. Checked out our washing machine and estimated repair. 2. Ordered a new ice maker for our freezer and then installed it. 3. Switched positions of the washer and dryer (to allow for easier transfer of items from washer to dryer). 4. Cleaned out lint from dryer and fixed damaged vent. 5. Hooked back up both washer and dryer.

11/02/2007

BRETT S.

As usual, Steve was on time and professional. He also had the Sub Zero part in his truck and was able to assess the problem and replace the part in less than an hour. While he was at our house he noticed that our washing machine was spinning out of balance. He went ahead and adjusted the washing machine at no charge. We have used Steve a number of times in the past couple of years and highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Steve repaired the ice maker on our Sub Zero refrigerator.

09/25/2007

Jenine W.

He was professional and very pleasant to work with. I would definitely recommend him as he is someone who cares about his work, and places customer before profit.

Description of Work
Steve returned my call within a few hours and came next day before noon. He showed up on time. After checking out the freezer he thought first thought it was the compressor...called later same day with cost of part and labor estimate. Returned following day with new compressor, however since the freezer was cool and not warm as it should have been with the compressor out. He thought it might be something else, so checked out other options with my permission. After removing the coolant and cleaning out the hoses and replacing the coolant the freezer worked fine. Because of his concern and thoughtfulness he saved me money as I didn't need the compressor after all. Thereby the total cost of the work was reduced by half.

08/03/2007

THERESE F.

They saved me money by not replacing the disposal. They were honest. I will use them again.

Description of Work
Fixed garbage disposal.

04/26/2007

Debra O.

He always arrives on time and if he is running a little late he always calls. He can repair any appliance and is fair and honest. He said my washer was not worth fixing because the repair was worth more than the machine but he said I may get a few years out of it. He was right, it is two years later and still working. He has fixed my stoves, refrigerators, washers, dryers etc. As I said above, he went through the trouble on his own time researching how to fix my very old stove, who else would do that?

Description of Work
I have used Steve for a very long time and have never been disappointed. He is on-time, efficient, very honest, clean and most of all he is a repair genius. He fixed my 1941 stove when no one else would touch it. I could write a book about my positive experiences with A & l appliance.

1st Choice Heating & Cooling

With more than 29 years experience as your indoor comfort specialists, 1st Choice Heating & Cooling is dedicated to providing the best possible solution for you and your home. Providing 24-hour service, you can count on us to provide you with a system that fits your family's unique needs. We've installed thousands of systems in Southeastern Wisconsin and our quality service, trust and integrity have earned us a reputation for doing the job right. Additional DBA - First Choice Heating & Cooling LLC

Guardianing Heating and Cooling LLC

We are a family run business since 1983. We specialize in all phases of heating and cooling services, installs, repairs, maintenance, and more! Our goal is to service all of our customers to their satisfaction without fail. Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Donovan & Jorgenson Inc

NATE (North American Technician Excellence) Certified HVAC Technicians available for tune-ups, maintenance, repairs, and installation of furnaces, boilers and air conditioning systems. We also offer Smart Thermostats, Indoor Air Quality Products, HRV/ERV Air Exchangers, and Bathroom and Kitchen venting. Working with your builder for new home systems. Commercial, Multifamily equipment and roof top installations, maintenance, and repairs. We also offer 24 hour emergency service 365 days a year, if you call our office at 262-784-6440 after business hours just press #1 for emergency service. You can also go to our website at donovanjorgenson.com.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

In home appliance and air conditioner window unit repairs.

Furnaces and whole house air conditioning