URBAN HERRIGES & SONS INC

Founded 1972 • With Angi since May 2000

121 Wolf Run Suite 1

Mukwonago, WI 53149

DOES NOT SERVICE OZAUKEE OR WASHINGTON COUNTIES ( NN). LIMITED SERVICE TO RACINE (S, SS). 11 EMPLOYEES...

09/28/2015

Beth D.

Called to get a quote on a kitchen/flooring project (hardwood floors, new island, backsplash, etc). Gave all details and things we were looking for as we weren't changing full cabinets and had someone to do the counters. She asked for our budget which was $20-25k. I was informed that their typical kitchen remodel was around $50k but someone would call to ask more details and set up appt for estimate. The daughter called me a few hours later and asked me all the same ?'s I had already answered w the first person. When I asked if we could setup a time for an estimate and explained it would need to be after 5pm or on the weekend I was informed that she was not able to do that as she had plans in the evenings and weekends but would have her dad call to set it up. Got a call from the dad (owner I believe) an hour later, went through same ? And answer session and talked about our budget again and then asked if I could get an estimate and was told sure. But again when explained what times I was avail was told that would not work for him and then he proceeded to tell me how easy it was to do what I was looking to do and should just go to the hardware store and do it myself. I guess my $20-25k wasn't worth 30 min of their time some evening or weekend.

Description of Work
Absolutely nothing!!

Category remodeling,home remodeling

09/18/2014

Anna C.

Met with a gentleman who visited our home and did an assessment on remodel. Very nice person and very encouaging discussion. We wantted to get an estimate on the work so he put us in touch with the kitchen designer. When I finally spoke to the designer on the phone after several attempts at contacting, I was told their company was very busy . The designer didnt know why they were still offering free design consultations since they started that program when business was slow, but now it is SO busy. She had several complaints about the work I wanted to have done, and continued to reinforce the fact they are very busy. Ultimately I was told they did not have time to do any of the remodeling work we wanted to have done. I suggest looking elsewhere for any service this company offers - they're too busy.

Description of Work
Sadly, this company opted not to work with me. My remodel involving kitchen dining room mudroom entryway and living room wasn't the sort the company was interested in doing because they are very busy doing other things.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Dear Ms. (removed member name), I am sorry for your disappointment in our service. We always strive to give the homeowners we come in contact with the best experience possible. At the time of your call I truly felt it would be in your best interest to do a Design/Build agreement with Urban Herriges & Sons, Inc. We do offer our clients a free estimate after our initial home visit but on some occasions it is necessary to go straight to the Design/Build process. This is particularly true in jobs of the scope and size of yours. Giving a potential client an incomplete or inaccurate estimate can lead to frustration and disappointment. The Design/Build process gives our clients and designers the freedom to explore the design process more carefully and to ensure that the estimate given is thorough and accurate. The Design/Build fee varies based on the size of the project and includes the design service, a full set of working drawings including 3-D pictures, the selection process with a licensed interior designer and a written contract with a firm price. Urban Herriges & Sons, Inc. is a small family business. We pride ourselves on the exceptional customer service our customers receive. From the design process to the construction phase we work hard to ensure that each and every customer we work for receives the very best of what we have to offer. If I gave you the impression that we were uninterested in working with you it was unintentional. My true hope was that by using the Design/Build process we would be giving you the design and service you deserved rather than a quickly done free estimate that would not reflect your true wants and needs. Sincerely, Julie Herriges Designer Urban Herriges & Sons, Inc.

08/13/2014

John W.

We were very happy with them. The work was very good quality and they were organized. We were happy with our design for our bathrooms, they both turned out beautifully! The staff at Herriges and sons inc. are honest and you know they'll always get back to you so you can trust them. I would used them again and would refer them to anyone.

Description of Work
They remodeled our bathroom.

Category home remodeling

01/02/2014

Sally K.

They were very professional and organized. We knew when they would be there and what they would do on any given day--they had a serious schedule and kept the work on schedule. The subcontractors they hired were also professional and punctual. We appreciated the fact that they did not try to push us to spend more than was necessary--we wanted a finished lower lever without a lot of frills that were not necessary and they delivered.

Description of Work
Finished the remodeling of our Recreation Room. We purchased our home in the Fall of 2008 and the rec room was not completed by the former owner. Urban Herriges helped us complete the project. They put in a divider wall, finished the ceiling, enclosed all the pipes, put up a wall which provided a storage room, did woodwork, plastering and electrical.

09/05/2013

Vickie J.

Great service and design.. All trades very professional and very experienced.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel

07/30/2013

Daniel B.

My experience with this builder has been excellent. I am extremely pleased with the design and quality of the porch. After 10 years, the porch is still in excellent shape. They listened to our requests and made excellent suggestions to complement our ideas. They provided clear estimates and work schedules. My interactions with their staff was excellent. The work was completed on schedule. I recently contacted them again to repair my front porches. They normally only handle more extensive remodeling projects but since I was a past customer, they agreed to do the work. My experience has been the same. The work is excellent. They call me and let me know when they will be working and if there are unexpected delays. I highly recommend this builder.

Description of Work
Recently, Urban Herriges and Sons rebuilt the columns and rails of my two porches. I have used Urban Herrigues in the past. Approximately 10 years ago, they designed and built an extensive screened-in porch on the back of my house. The porch was designed to match the complicated roof line of the house. Other features of the porch included a wood ceiling, synthetic wood deck, siding ceiling fan, lights and electrical outlets.

Category decks,remodeling

09/13/2012

Ashok C.

They were professional from day 1. Family owned business. Family did some of the work. Honest. Careful. Clean. Meticulous. Did a phenomenal job. Communcated well and constantly. coordinated work with others.

Description of Work
Opened up the walls between family and living room. Also opened up areas between family room and kitchen. HVAC, Dry wall, removal of paneling, beams. painting. repair of window on 2nd floor. flooring.

08/03/2011

Darin G.

It was a formal job. I like them because of the fact that they were on top of everything. It's a family owned operated company. They are very determined to make sure the final product is exactly what we wanted. They are great company to work with.

Description of Work
I used Urban Herriges & Sons Inc for remodeling our bathroom about two months ago. They did a bathroom faucet remodel and master bedroom suite pipe remodel. They also did shower tiles and exterior cabinets.

Category home remodeling

09/01/2010

John G.

At the time we didn't have a porch and he had a very unique idea. Instead of replacing the doors he suggested that we create a cosmetic balcony but we really wanted to keep it accessible because it's the largest straight shot for taking furniture in and out of the house.

Description of Work
Gave us an estimate.

Category decks,remodeling,doors

08/25/2010

Susan W.

Excellent! Would recommend to anyone as a general contractor. We trust the work they do as well as the subs they work with.

Description of Work
Remodeled many items in our kitchen; lighting, pot rack, counters, sink, backsplash. Replaced ceiling fans, put in new lighting in living room; did outside lighting as well as basement floor. Did an AWESOME job.

Category remodeling,home remodeling,basement remodeling

American Home Remodeling

American Home Remodeling is a family owned full service remodeling company where the owners are the people you talk to for your project from start to finish. You don’t get bounced from department to department like with the big companies. We are involved every step off the way including putting on our tool belts on most projects. We are very proud to be at the very top of the remodelers on Angie’s list. We are there by providing our clients with High Quality work at competitive pricing. Our clients reviews speak for themselves. The people we work for always feel that they have received more than their monies worth when we have completed their project. We leave the project having made new friends, and always end up with a new good reference. We hope to add you to our continual growing list of happy homeowners.

Guardian Inc

Protecting You & Your Home Guardian Inc. is a top-rated Roofing, Siding, & Window Replacement Company with clients throughout South Eastern Wisconsin. For over twenty years, the people at Guardian have been raising roofing, siding, and window replacement standards throughout the Milwaukee metro area. Guardian has eliminated the frustrations, deception, and sales pressure that are otherwise so common in the construction industry, giving homeowners a better way to buy home improvements. Live Chat on website www.GuardianExts.com -- managed 24 / 7 -- always available to help Phones answered live - (414) 226 - 5619

Reality Construction LLC

From permits to counter tops and everything in between Reality Construction LLC is committed to helping you make your home your dream home. Mike & Gina will come out to your home for a free estimate. Once we know the scope of your project, we can generally give you a rough estimate on the spot, if you are interested, then we will come back and give you our written proposal and show you drawings of your project. We use sub-contractors, but they work on our schedule. We will give you a firm time frame for your project. We also give you a firm price - we do not come back for more money part way through the job. Mike takes his business very personally and will work hard to make you happy. We take all your goals and needs into consideration when designing your space. We are members of the Milwaukee Metropolitan Builders Association, NARI, the BBB and the West Bend Builders Association. We look forward to turning your dream home into Reality. Additional contact name - Mike Bartelt.

COMPLETE HOME REMODELING, DESIGN/BUILD, ADDITIONS, LOWER LEVEL REMODELING, BATHROOM REMODELING, KITCHEN REMODELING, COUNTERTOP REPLACEMENTS, CABINET REPLACEMENTS, BASEMENT REMODELING, DORMERS, WINDOW REPLACEMENTS, CROWN MOULDING, WINDOWS, DOORS, ENTERTAINMENT CENTERS