Wetzel’s Home Improvements Inc

Founded 2005 • With Angi since August 2006

5746 N 82nd Ct

Milwaukee, WI 53218

Additional email - info@wetzelshi.com. Additional phones - (414) 460-3721, (414) 460-3751, (414) 915-8935. Additional contact names - Jason, Ray, Peter.

03/31/2021

CATHY H.

The service was outstanding. Wetzel's kept us informed during the time between signing of the contract and payment of the deposit until the time the material was delivered to our house and work began which was about 6 weeks. The team installing our siding arrived every day on-time and worked throughout the day. At the end of each day, they cleaned up their tools. They used a dump trailer for the old materials, which I appreciated very much. At the end of the job, which took as much time as they said it would, they cleaned everything up and we were just left with a beautiful looking siding job. There were a couple minor details after they left (like not re-attaching the satellite cable to the side of the house), but they were very responsive after the fact. It is clear that they really want the customers to be happy with the work. They assisted in helping us pick a good color which went with our existing trim and windows which had been done at an earlier time. The attention to detail was very much appreciated. All the trim around the windows, the items (like vents and kickplates) were painted to match the trim. Very satisfied with the job and would highly recommend.

Description of Work
New Vinyl Siding for 2-story Colonial

Category chimney sweep, siding

05/02/2018

curt H.

Very well. They actually did the work during cold temps - sometimes sub zero. Crew was very professional, and did an excellent job. We had to have them come back in Spring as some shingles had come off. This was due to the cold temps and the tabs not being able to melt down. They responded promptly and took care of it - put up around 6 shingles that had come off. No further problems. I would highly recommend Wetzel's to anyone needing roofing work done!

Description of Work
Complete tearoff and new roof for a 6-unit condo buliding.

08/10/2017

Mark P.

Did a great job at a good price. House looks amazing. Tom was great at responding to questions and inquiries.

Description of Work
Siding whole house and repair chimney damage

05/15/2017

Sidney G.

We were provided a fair estimate and were treated very professionally. The workman showed up on time and completed the work quickly. The quality of workmanship was outstanding. I would highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
We had some structural damage to our front fascia and a few patches of siding that needed replacement.

01/02/2017

Anthony I.

Vendor recommended a complete tear off, new siding, new gutters - and said they could do it in winter. Completely missed the leaking in the living room was actually coming from upstairs bedroom window / frame. 2 other vendors called back and said the problem was most likely ice damming and recommended removing the snow, ice from the roof and gutters - which was done for the most part and the leaking stopped.

Description of Work
Needed to figure out why water was leaking in the living room and fix it if possible.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

07/17/2016

Dave M.

Outstanding. Best experience i could have hoped for, We had four (4) companies bid the project before we went with Wetzel's. I won't hesitate to use Wetzel's again.

Description of Work
We had new doors put on the front of the house and the utility door in the garage. We also had the roof repaired because of ice dams.

Category roofing, siding

10/06/2015

Tim L.

Description of Work
Repaired/re-attached gutter/fascia damage due to ice damming. Great clean-up after the job was completed. Final bill was a bit less than the original estimate! Very friendly and great to work with.

Category gutter repair, roofing

05/21/2015

John B.

Jason and his crew did an excellent job on both projects.

Description of Work
New Roofing and Siding

01/21/2015

Tim L.

Description of Work
Wetzel's responded quickly to a roof leak that we were experiencing around our chimney. They addressed the leak and also cleaned up a number of soffit and fascia issues - all items that a previous roofing contractor had left us with. They were prompt and affordable. Best of all, the things they fixed have stayed fixed for more than two years at this point!

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

05/31/2014

charles J.

He does a very good job and he gets it all done very quickly. I would give him all "A's" because the roof was done in two days.

Description of Work
I used the services of Wetzel's Home Improvements. He did the roofing, gutters, exterior painting and landscaping.

Category gutter repair, landscaping, roofing, house painters

01/30/2014

Mark L.

Having interviewed numerous local contractors in good standing, and with intent to gain a firm understanding of the scope and cost of re-roofing my mother-in-law’s home, we awarded the bid to Wetzel’s Home Improvement, Inc. for a number of reasons. Namely, we found Wetzel's to be in good standing on Angie’s List, NARI, the BBB, and with the roofing manufacturer, CertainTeed, to which Wetzel’s currently holds that manufacturer’s highest accreditation with use of its roofing products. Owner and Operator Tom Wetzel’s warm and straight forward, no-nonsense demeanor guided us to understand exactly what was needed in getting the job done right. Tom was equally receptive to my insistence on the use of CertainTeed’s genuine and specified roofing system components. Wetzel’s wasn’t the lowest bid we received, nor was theirs the highest, but was the bid we found to be the greatest value for the price. For that price Tom included CertainTeed’s most comprehensive warranty, guaranteeing the utmost quality of materials and workmanship. His detailed estimate also listed CertainTeed’s component products by name, which further assured us of receiving the exact manufacturer’s roofing system we were paying for. Consequently, these specific products were indeed delivered and installed on the home as expected. Wetzel’s coordinated this home re-roofing project with their subcontractor Creative Design, Inc., and supplier ABC. Adverse weather was a factor in establishing a suitable start date, and Tom kept us informed by email of the extenuating circumstances. Tom’s brother and business partner Jason presented as the able on-site coordinator for the project. Jason’s daily presence and involvement throughout the installation process, from beginning to end, was further assurance to us of this company’s care and integrity. As with the leadership of Tom and Jason Wetzel, we were equally impressed with the professionalism, expediency, thoroughness, courtesy and competency of the entire crew from Creative Design, Inc. The neatly disposed torn-off roofing was identified as still under warranty and subject to a current recall from CertainTeed due to defect of material. Tom submitted my mother-in-laws claim for reimbursement on that organic product, which required his photo documentation, a couple of the old roofing samples, and my mother-in-laws application for that submittal. After two months, she’s still waiting for verification of receipt and validation from CertainTeed, though we understand that the processing of the claim can take some time. In the meanwhile, she promptly received her certificate of 5-STAR Coverage direct from CertainTeed. Thus far we’re very pleased with Wetzel’s Home Improvements Inc, and will surely seek their services in future home remodeling projects. Likewise, we feel confident in our choice of CertainTeed product this time around. Thanks, also, to the fine folks at Creative Design Inc. for job well done!

Description of Work
Single layer tear-off and re-roofing of home and detached garage included the following: Replacement of old ventilated soffits, gutters and downspouts on the upper level, wood lap siding, a section of rubber roofing, and relocating of a cast iron stack; CertainTeed Landmark Pro dimensional shingles with 130mph wind warranty and SureStart Plus 5-STAR Coverage.

08/11/2013

Keith C.

Work completed on schedule, at cost and very professionally. All debris was picked up and property left in same condition as when work was started.

Description of Work
They repaired fireplace chimney from roof line to top of chimney, tuckpoint and installed new damper 1st day, 2nd day tore off three layers of roof and installed new roof with roof ridge vent system. 3rd Day, installed new dormer siding.

11/26/2012

Joseph B.

Installation completed within a month of contract date.

Description of Work
Entry doors, patio door, 2 windows

Category replacement windows

11/10/2012

Jim S.

The crew did a great job and paid special attention to the architectural details. The crew was very responsive to making sure the tear off material was picked up and properly discarded. Overall, a great job.

Description of Work
The job was replacing 3rd floor exterior siding on a historic 1892 home.

06/10/2011

Roger W.

Although I feel the quality of the products is good, I didn't go with this company for several reasons. I wanted slider windows that had the swingout feature, but they don't have them. I was told that the board and batten (vertical) siding is not insulated (as it turned out, the board and batten siding would be going on the house gables, which probably doesn't need to be insulated since the gables are part of the attic. The horizontal siding would be insulated for the rest of the house, though). Also, I was looking for a specific price quote, but only got a verbal estimate. This company doesn't have a showroom so that the products can be seen beforehand (I probably could have asked to see samples). Peter did not follow up with me afterwards.

Description of Work
This company was recommended by the realty company I used to buy this house. The job was to be for 10 new windows (6 sliders and 4 casements), plus new siding, soffit and fascia covering, and replacement of the 6 basement windows with glass block. Peter came out and took measurements, and gave me a verbal general estimate of $15,000 to $22, 000, plus $1500 for the basement glass block windows.

Category siding, replacement windows

06/02/2011

James C.

WHI's Salesman was very friendly, courteous, and likable. Job was performed on schedule. Site was left very clean. From the ground anyway, the workmanship on the re-roof appears excellent. (I have not gone up to take a closer look). The only problem encountered was that, as of a little over a month after job completion, we still had not received any warranty confirmation documentation directly from Certainteed. I can't say that WHI had made any specific representation in advance regarding when we would receive warranty documentation from Certainteed but had assumed it would be within a couple of weeks after job completion. When WHI's salesman was contacted about this, he revealed that WHI usually submited warranty related job completion information to Certainteed only and quot;once per quarter.and quot; After learning about this, I emailed WHI directly through its website, expressing dismay at the delay in submiting information necessary for Certainteed to issue and forward warranty documentation to me. To its credit, WHI acted very promptly to resolve my concern, submiting the necessary job completion information to Certainteed (and Emailing me a copy) less than 24 hours laters (on a Saturday)! About 2 weeks later, I received warranty confirmation documentation directly from Certaineed by U.S. Mail.

Description of Work
Tear off and re-roof residence, using Certainteed manufactured shingles.

04/12/2011

Chris H.

They were prompt. They first came and gave an estimate and then did the job. They were less expensive than the other bids we got. We went with them because we wanted the job done right away and they were ready to do that. We also went with them because their price was lower than the others.

Description of Work
We used Wetzel's Home Improvements Inc in December to clean two chimneys.

Category chimney sweep

03/28/2011

Keith C.

They did a good job on both jobs. The workers were very good, especially at my mother’s house. They laid a tarp down in the attic, so when they tore off the old roof, they didn’t get any dust or any such thing on her stuff. They cleaned up after themselves real well. They were timely and took a day each to do each of those jobs. They had a really good crew. The price was reasonable; it was in the midrange of the estimates I had received. I would rate them highly and would use them again in the future if necessary.

Description of Work
I used Wetzel’s Home Improvements Inc to do a roof for my mother this year. They also did a roof for my garage the year before.

09/13/2010

Richard R.

They are very responsive both when you need a quote and when they are going to do the work. They cleaned up the jobsite everyday so I wasn't having to deal with getting around their stuff. They were punctual in getting to the job and completing the job. I think they are a little bit more expensive than other companies, but you buy based on quality and I think it was a decent value.

Description of Work
Wetzel's Home Improvement gave me a quote for a couple of projects and they did some roofing for me. It was a rubber roof on a flat roof.

06/10/2010

Dustin S.

They were professional, but I can't say much about their service since it was only a quote. I would, however, call them up for another quote if I had more work to be done.

Description of Work
Wetzel's gave me a quote for replacing our entire roof.

02/24/2010

Thomas S.

They were very professional and knowledgeable. I only went with someone else due to a particular product they offered. They are worth giving a chance to bid on your work.

Description of Work
Complete home make over, 9 windows, 2 doors, 2 storm doors, 1 patio door, siding, soffit on house, garage and shed.

Category siding, replacement windows

08/27/2009

Keith C.

Shingles delivered at 8 a.m. and even though we had rain in morning, finished at 5 p.m

Description of Work
Tear off and replace roof, match shingles with house shingles

03/06/2007

CRAIG P.

When Tom came out to estimate he said right away he would not be the cheapest but will guarantee a top rate and professional job. Actually he was not the cheapest nor was he the most expensive bid but he spent a lot of time explaining what would be done and why. He said he could start at any time since he was between jobs and he wanted to keep his crew working. He started a day after a major snowstorm with only a couple days until another storm with lots of rain predicted. I called Tom on his cell phone expressing my concern of having an unfinished roof during a heavy rain/snow. He called me back almost immediately telling me I should not worry, that he assured me he will take care of everything and not to worry. The next day I came home from work to see my roof and driveway loaded with people working on my roof. Tom also came by to check on the progress. My roof and gutters were completed that day as they worked until dark. The job was fantastic and completely cleaned up.

Description of Work
Complete tear off on 1100 sq. ft. home, new shingles. Ridge vent, gutters and downspouts and fascia.

Category gutter repair, roofing

10/11/2006

TRACY K.

Quoted us three options, ranging from $700-$10,000. Claimed needed new roof and it was almost brand new. While professional, felt that this was way out of line. Called another local company, came out and fixed it for under $200! We are leak free, no thanks to this company.

Description of Work
Came to give a quote to fix leak in roof.

THE ROOF WAS IMPROPERLY INSTALLED PER MANUFACTURE SPECIFICATIONS. THE HOME OWNER WAS GIVEN OPTIONS THAT RANGED FROM A MINOR REPAIR TO A COMPLETE NEW ROOF THAT WAS PROPERLY INSTALLED. EVEN WITH MY SUGGESTION OF A 700.00 REPAIR CARRIED A 2YR WARRANTY. IT IS QUITE POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE CAULKED SOMETHING FOR UNDER 200.00 BUT I BELIEVE IT IS IMPORTANT TO DO ALL REPAIRS PROPERLY AND TO SPECIFICATION. THE QUOTE FOR 10,000 WAS FOR AN ENTIRE NEW ROOF AND THAT QUOTE WAS REQUESTED BY THE CUSTOMER.

08/29/2006

JANICE A M.

Phenomenal and very pleased with the job. I was very happy. I would recommend him to anybody.

Description of Work
Three roof tear-off. Gutter guard installed as well.

Empire Home Remodeling

Empire Home Remodeling, Inc specializes in windows, siding, roofing, creativity, customer service and project management necessary for success. Our most satisfied customers are those who want a company to manage their project, leaving the problem solving and details to the professionals, thus allowing them a worry-free experience.

Award 2022
    Offers by Empire Home Remodeling on Angi
    Weather Tight Corporation

Weather Tight is the Milwaukee area window leader and are a family owned and operated company that has been serving the nine-county area of Southeastern Wisconsin since 1986. www.weathertightcorp.com Weather Tight is Wisconsin’s largest exterior home remodeler with more than 30,000 satisfied customers. Our proudest accolades include: -In business for 35 years -Over 30,000 satisfied customers -"A+" Rating with the Better Business Bureau -Wisconsin's most recommended remodeler Weather Tight is licensed, bonded and insured and a member in good standing of: -National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) -Metropolitan Builders Association (MBA) -Better Business Bureau (BBB) We offer our customers a free, in-home, no-obligation consultation and price quote. We are confident that we can provide you with the best quality product, for the best price – guaranteed! Weather Tight has a full-time factory-trained service department that will take care of your needs should you need your warranty serviced. You do not need to track down the manufacturer, just give us a call and we will take care of everything for you!

Award 2022
    Zen Windows Milwaukee LLC

At Zen Windows, we think that finding replacement windows and doors for your home should be a simple, pleasant experience. Our team works closely with you via e-mail and phone to help shape the improvements you envision without ever having a salesperson visit your home. We offer our own product line featuring EPA awarded materials. Our technicians are extremely dedicated to details and personal customer service. We believe in our products and Team and thus provide a lifetime warranty on both the labor and material of your windows and doors. On a final note, Zen Windows sets our clients at ease with our No Down Payment Policy. All projects are completed to our clients satisfaction before any money is paid to us.

Repairs and installation on roofing, siding, gutters, trim work & windows.