M&M Tree Care

Founded 1968 • With Angi since September 2001

8844 W Calumet Rd

Milwaukee, WI 53224

Family owned & operated. 20 employees. Additional email - office@mmtreecare.com. Additional contact name - Robert Miller. See website for additional service areas....

tree service (165)mulch delivering (12)lawn treatment (3)firewood company (3)snow removal (1)pest control (1)

11/17/2020

Wendy D.

Excellent service! The crew was extremely polite and friendly. I was really empresses with their clean up after the project was complete. I felt the charge for their work was very reasonable. I would definitely use M & M Tree Care again in the future! Wendy D

Description of Work
Tree removal, stump grinding and tree cabling

Category firewood, tree service

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

05/14/2020

Gunnar L.

This is an update of prior reviews. The black ash tree in our yard needed some significant trimming. They used a cherry picker and really cleaned the tree's structure up. The chopped everything thing up as they cut including some stuff that was already on the ground. Anyway the tree has been doing very well and is actively growing. It is due for it's ash borer treatment this spring as well. I am so glad we saved this tree with their help. It is irreplaceable for where it's at in our yard.

Description of Work
Tree trimming

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

10/14/2019

LESLIE K.

They were very good and explained lots of things to me which other companies didn't. Did a very good job, polite and took direction well. The pricing was good and very responsive. I was very pleased the service.

Description of Work
They prune the black walnut tree and honey locust tree.

Work Completed On 09/14/2018

07/11/2019

Jay P.

The workers were very professional, trimmed the tree, disposed the branches and cleaned up sidewalk and street of debris

Description of Work
Tree trimming

Work Completed On 07/09/2019

06/29/2019

Jay P.

After several phone calls, I finally had someone come to the house and give me an estimate. Unfortunately I am still waiting for the work to be done.

Description of Work
tree trimming

Work Completed On 06/29/2019

04/12/2019

Karen H.

They removed my apple tree from back yard. They really cleaned up after themselves. I was very impressed with that. They were the only company I found that would grind stump. They were the only company that would do it.

Description of Work
Tree removal

Work Completed On 03/06/2019

03/12/2018

Travis H.

The work went great. The crew showed up when expected and did a great job. They cleaned up aftert hey were done and everything looks so much better now.

Description of Work
I needed some pines trimmed and some blue spruce removed

Work Completed On 03/09/2018

01/08/2018

Bob T.

It took them 3 days to complete the job and the crew started every day as promised. They did an excellent job of cleaning up and they had all the right equipment to get into the back yard with minimal disturbance to the lawn.

Description of Work
Had 3 trees and stumps removed, one was a very large black walnut tree.

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

11/21/2017

Robert S.

Went very well. Responsive and professional

Description of Work
remove several fallen trees in my mother-in-law's yard.

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

11/14/2017

DIANNA O.

From estimate to price to work performed M&M did a great job. Their crew came in this morning and did the work professionally and quickly.; the tree was completely down in 3-1/2 hours. I would recommend M&M Tree Service unconditionally.

Description of Work
M&M removed a 23" round Norwegian maple tree in our yard and trimmed tree branches hanging over the garage

Work Completed On 11/14/2017

10/19/2017

Jay L.

They were really good. They were prompt, they cleaned up their mess really well. They did an excellent job. It was big job, and they did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Took down a willow tree

Work Completed On 09/20/2017

09/22/2017

Levi K.

M&M tree care was my first quote I received on removing this tree. Honestly, should have just went with them right away instead of waiting for more quotes. I did the clean up myself which only saved me about $100 but every other quote was a grand or more even with me doing the cleanup quoted into the price. I gave them a B on responsiveness but I'd give everyone else a C. Getting a tree removed was harder than I though. Most MKE companies are contracted out by the city due to the emerald ash borer destruction so if you need a tree removed plan well ahead in advance. Would definitely hire these guys again.

Description of Work
Remove dead sugar Maple in very tight spot between mine and my neighbor's house/garage.

Work Completed On 09/11/2017

09/06/2017

Janet D.

Just fine, done in two hours. They even kept the heavy equipment off the lawn and just used the bucket truck over the house.

Description of Work
Major tree pruning on two trees.

Work Completed On 07/19/2017

09/01/2017

W. Scott N.

We never used them. They seemed fine, they were just more expensive for the same service that another company was. The other company had more positive reviews, so it just seemed like a no-brainer to go with the higher rated company with the lower price. In terms of responsiveness, they were very quick to respond. Obviously their price wasn't as good. We didn't use the service so I really don't have any idea. They were professional when I was dealing with them on the phone and by email, but I didn't really deal with them. It was like a normal business; it wasn't like somebody running something out of a truck or something. I had a good experience except for pricing obviously. It wasn't outrageous, but it just seemed more expensive.

Description of Work
They gave us a quote to remove a tree.

08/16/2017

Michael E G.

It was excellent. They did a great job. Their price was very reasonable. Yes, I would use them again. They made sure I was happy.

Description of Work
They trimmed 3 large maple trees.

Work Completed On 08/16/2017

08/16/2017

Michael E G.

I had estimates and they were very reasonable. I've got no complaints at all.

Description of Work
I had 3 large maple that needed trimmed.

Work Completed On 08/16/2017

08/09/2017

Nancy B.

I am updating earlier comments, as the tree was finally delivered - in retrospect, a bit of communication on the delay would have gone a long way. thank you very much.

Description of Work
Selection and planting of tree.

Work Completed On 06/19/2017

08/07/2017

Thomas J.

The guys were on time (early) and despite the tree growing in to the side of my garage and having to work in tight spaces in the central city, they did the job as promised and on time. I was horrified by the price, but alas it ended up being the best price from 4 companies. Only negative was one of the workers chewing tobacco and spitting it all over my property. I also would have wished to known that I had 30 days to pay. I moved money around in accounts so that I could pay them that day, but they just left and I was billed later. Maybe this was in my contract but would like to have had it spelled out for me. It was fun to watch them work. This tree was a beast and they had zero issues. Thanks!

Description of Work
I had a 60 foot elm tree removed from my property.

Work Completed On 06/19/2017

08/03/2017

Gunnar L.

The tree was trimmed with several large branches removed and all the dead wood removed. It was treated for Emerald Ash Borer - we had no direct evidence of their presence but borers have moved through our area killing many trees. Our tree looks great again. It fully leafed out this year and has sustained all the leaves and if anything is looking better as the summer progresses. We really couldn't be happier with their work and correct diagnosis last year which other Angies List top rated services missed.

Description of Work
This is a follow up to my prior review of the care they provided to our Black Ash tree.

Work Completed On 10/02/2016

Review for M&M Tree Care - 8844 W Calumet Rd, Milwaukee, WI - 35958955

07/10/2017

mark L.

Working with M&M Tree Care and Bill has been outstanding. Priced very competitively, excellent work done. Very pleased with everything and will be using them again in the future.

Description of Work
Needed a number of trees taken care of in an 8 unit complex. Work to be done was crab apple spraying, tree trimming and ash tree injections.

Work Completed On 07/01/2017

06/05/2017

James W.

very good crew. work was done to expectations

Description of Work
Trees removed

Work Completed On 05/23/2017

05/17/2017

Ryan B.

I think it went about as perfectly as it possibly could. The guys were great, showed up on the time and date that was discussed and got it all done within 2 days. They coordinated well with We Energies to disconnect and reconnect the power to the house and as well as lowering the cable and phone lines. There was no damage to any property and whole neighborhood was really impressed. They had the perfect machine for the job that could navigate the tight area. Overall, they made what I thought was a near impossible job look like nothing. To put it into perspective, I had called over 6 companies (all with A ratings on Angies list and over 100 reviews) to come out and provide an estimate. Of the six companies, two of them said that the tree was too difficult for them, two had an outrageous price and the last two were very close in price. The reason I chose M&M was the price was very competitive, they responded quickly with an estimate and every time I had a question someone always called me back in a timely manner. I would without a doubt hire them again. I have already referred many people to M&M and have been giving them rave reviews.

Description of Work
I had a very large Silver Maple tree removed in my yard. It was over 50 feet tall, hanging over the house, my neighbor's house and my garage. It was in a very tight location, in a small backyard and a difficult tree to remove.

Work Completed On 05/17/2017

Review for M&M Tree Care - 8844 W Calumet Rd, Milwaukee, WI - 35055267

04/26/2017

Ellen M.

They worked very carefully as the tree had fallen near/on my neighbor's car.

Description of Work
Cleaned up a large spruce tree that was felled by a wind storm. I also had them grind out the stump.