KWK Electric Inc

Founded 1985 • With Angi since November 2002

2504 N Booth St

Milwaukee, WI 53212

Several Employees. Rarely Uses Subs. Cost Is Determined By The Job. Travel Charges May Apply. Extra Charge For After-Hours Service. Additional Address: 604 E Wright St.

09/17/2017

Patrick B.

KWK is by far the best. Old fashioned customer service and craftsmanship made this project smooth and hassle-free! Everyone did their part professionally, from the office staff answering my questions, to the estimator being on time and offering some solid options, to the electricians who did a great job and actually took real pride in their finished work. Plus, they took care of everything, all the paperwork, permits, materials, dealing with the city inspector, everything. They completed the work on time and cleaned up after themselves. I literally didn't have to do a single thing I will definitely have KWK back when it is time to update the kitchens in this duplex!

Description of Work
Upgraded a pair of old 60amp fuse panels to circuit breakers in my duplex

04/10/2017

Christina N.

I electrician was late and made no contact to let me know what was going on. I called the office and found out what was happening. (flat tire) When the electrician did arrive he was not apologetic and even laughed (chuckle) about it all. I of course contacted the office again about such behavior. I continued to have issues with communication from the electrician the whole project. (three days) It finally came down to the owner coming out and going over everything with me. He was very good and ensured that they would be working with the electrician to correct his behavior. The effort he and his son put into making things right saved this review.

Description of Work
I had up upgrade my service and some small work in my garage for the overhead door.

04/03/2017

Kara B.

I found KWK through Angie's List when we bought our first home, and I will never call another eletrician. Every professional they have sent to our home has been courteous, allowed me to follow them and teach me about what they are doing, and have given me a high quality of service for a reasonable price. Both Tom and Steve are very knowledgeable in their craft, willing to share if you want to learn, and are genuinely nice people that are pleasant to be around.

Description of Work
Removal of old wires

05/17/2016

Valentyn P.

Bob came out within the hour to quickly squeeze in our electrical inspection for the sale of our home. He was honest, knowledgeable and generous.

Description of Work
Inspected electrical box for corrosion.

04/15/2016

Gerald W.

KWK did an excellent job of installing electrical service for our new laundry room and workshop. The price they quoted was the price we paid. The project manager came to our house to review what needed to be done and provided a quote in just a few days via email. A few days later the tech came to do the installation. The work was professional and exactly what we wanted. The following day the project manager came back to review the work with us to make sure we were satisfied. I would definitely recommend their services. They get an A rating from us.

Description of Work
Installed electrical service for basement laundry room and workshop.

12/23/2015

Ann M.

The electrical box replacement was good. They were very quick and very efficient. One time, the guy was late. But he called and said he was going to be late. When he came, he just talked too much.

Description of Work
They put in new electrical panels.

11/26/2015

Jennifer M.

The electrician changed out 2 light fixtures. When he was ready to change the third light fixture, he took down the original 1920's fixture and accidentally broke it in the process. I had to leave to pick up my kids after school, and I expected the electrician to put up a new fixture since he broke my old fixture. That never happened. I returned after picking up my children and found the electrician simply reinstalled the broken fixture and there were still small shards of glass down my basement stairs. My husband and I were very upset. The other very upsetting part is the job was not finished and the broken fixture reinstalled for a huge bill of $425.60. Update: The owner contacted me and will personally rectify the situation, which I appreciate. Based on the owner's credibility I feel comfortable recommending them. The professionalism of the owner is an A, the specific worker that I unfortunately had was not professional, and the owner is addressing that however he feels is necessary. The owner also did update the price to make it more fair and accurate.

Description of Work
Changed 2 light fixtures and the electrician left a broken light fixture.

10/24/2015

Penny L.

My rating might change if the provider would respond.

Description of Work
Nothing so far. I sent a message on 10/13 requesting to schedule an estimate. It's 11 days later and I'm still waiting...

06/25/2015

ELAINE B.

They were great and willing to squeeze me in when they realized the problem. Called Tuesday for an estimate - tried to get out that day but could not - did keep me informed of what was going on. Came out the next day and when they realized how serious the problem was said they would be out as soon as possible. Within an hour I had an estimate and they offered to come out that afternoon to fix it, even the though the electrician said he was scheduled all the way into late July. It didn't take long, very professional.

Description of Work
Reattached electrical box at the back of the house

06/18/2015

Erica S.

We contacted KWK on a referral from our home inspector in the process of purchasing a new home. We called and easily got an appointment scheduled with Ken. There was excellent communication from Ken, before, during and after the appointment. Then, when the seller's electrician did not find the same issues Ken came back AGAIN and personally showed the seller's electrician the issues. We ended up having to walk away from the home because the sellers would still not accept that there were major electrical issues but I am so thankful for Ken and would highly recommend him and KWK to anyone.

Description of Work
Quote for electrical issues in new home purchase

Category electrician, home inspection

04/22/2015

Julie C.

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! Pulling the wire is much more complicated. More than one electrician shared that information. But Ken assured me he had a really experienced employee to do the job. (I don't remember that fellow's name, but he was really fast.) he kept me updated as he completed each part. He had to place the outlet in a very tight spot too because of the configuration of the range which is unusual because it is a dual fuel range and he explained to me exactly how to position the cord so it didn't end up between the back of the wall and the stove, which would have left a gap between the appliance and the wall. That made a lot of sense- while I was reading reviews on dual fuel ranges one person specifically complained about a gap. One of the things which I liked right away about Ken (the company owner) was he drove a Honda Fit. I commented that my sister had one. And he shared with me that in his family is the most important criteria for vehicles has always been it most fit a 10 foot piece of electric conduit! The installer also drove a plain panel van. 0ne company has really fancy vans with advertising which went around the entire van, even the guy who came out to do the estimate- that has to raise the overhead quite a bit! I just called and scheduled an estimate for installing a new electrical panel. My schedule is pretty restricted, and inflexible, but the scheduler was able to work the appointment in only 6 days later. I often have to wait 3 or 4 weeks for an open spot in others calendars. I'll absolutely use this company for the restive my life!

Description of Work
install electric service for a range in a tri-level.

12/08/2014

Kristin C.

We had the pleasure of working with both Michael and Tom on several items in our condo over the course of two visits. We had a ceiling fan replaced, electrical outlet serviced, ballast replaced, and pendant lights swapped out. Special props to Tom, who has the patience of a saint, for replacing our old Juno Trac 12 lights with new. He was working with an uneven ceiling (we live in an old warehouse building with uneven, timber ceilings) while trying to evenly hang adjustable pendant lights. KWK Electric was recommended to us, and upon checking reviews on Angie's List, we decided to check them out. Without hesitation, we will retain their services in the future and recommend them to others. Thanks, fellas!

Description of Work
Replace ceiling fan, light ballast, light fixtures and work on electrical outlet

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

10/15/2014

GEORGENE S.

We got three bids and they were signifigantly less. They came out did a great job, arrived on time, cleaned up and stayed on price.

Description of Work
We had them move the electrical service in the basement about 5 feet, we also had them run electricity from the house to the garage underground at our rental property.

09/18/2014

Herman R.

Vendor has offered to refund installation cost. I am very satisfied with the resolution. KWK Electric has always done an outstanding job on all my previous jobs. This was just an anomaly for them. I will continue to use them for my electrical needs.

Description of Work
Installed a back yard Barn Style lamp on my garage from Barn Lamps USA.

08/24/2014

Clara M.

I have an 1888 house and was remodeling the kitchen. Needed an exposed conduit on the kitchen wall removed along with the box with plugs as they were in the way of a new cabinet. Also that plug was being used for the refrigerator so it needed to be moved to behind the refrigerator but the problem was the house had 12" thick walls plus lath and plaster so the bottom line is Jim, the electrician, figured out a way to install an outlet for the fridge did all the other work as agreed. He was very knowledgeable, and came out quickly as he knew the cabinets were going in soon. The owner,Ken, was very responsive when we ran into some technical issues a week later and sent Jim out to fix them immediately at no extra charge. I would highly recommend KWK Electric

Description of Work
Moved and replaced electrical boxes and exposed conduit on kitchen wall

08/03/2014

Heath C.

Basically, we called KWK over to assess why half our electricity went out. They came the same day despite being booked, got the electricity going again, and let us know that we needed to replace the meter socket and service entrance conductors ASAP, because they were in a dangerous condition. This was Thursday. They said they could get out Monday, which we agreed to. However, KWK finished a job early on Friday and called to see if they could do the job then. We agreed, and Chad came over. He gave us the run down of what he was working on, an (accurate) estimate of how long the electricity would be down, and got to work. He was great. Our electricity is working great, and the price was half of what I thought it was going to be. You never know with an old house with a negligent owner in its past. I highly recommend KWK Electric. Excellent experience and good neighbors (Riverwest), who I didn't know until I found them on Angie's List.

Description of Work
They replaced burnt up meter socket and burnt service entrance conductors.

07/28/2014

JACKELYN P.

Michael called at 9:30 to confirm my address and arrived about ten after 10 for a 9:30 appt. He looked at the switch and realized the replacement part was in the other company van, so he ran to the hardware store, picked one up and came back. He replaced the switch and that was that.

Description of Work
The rocker switch for the bathroom exhaust fan was replaced.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

05/07/2014

Ernie B.

Good, friendly service. They get the job done.

Description of Work
Replaced outdoor wiring.

04/17/2014

Thomas M.

It went down just as a client wishes all jobs would. Smooth, timely, reasonable, neat, complete, unobtrusive. The two electricians assigned were very personable and considerate.

Description of Work
Electrical prep for installing a new motion control faucet, replacing a can light fixture, changing out an outlet, replacing undercounter rope lighting in kitchen/bar areas.

03/06/2014

NADYA F.

Very well, Michael came 10 minutes before the predicted time, identified the problem, presented options to me, including one that would take a considerable amount of time to fix. I went with the shorter option, and he was finished within 40 minutes. He was very courteous and took the time to give a couple of additional suggestions that will prevent the problem in the future (we live in an older home with few outlets). I was very satisfied.

Description of Work
repaired an outlet

02/27/2014

Jennifer W.

Terrible. Michael showed up in a personal vehicle with street clothes on and no identification 2.5 hours after predicted arrival time.

Description of Work
Looked at the electricals for the water pump to our well

Category electrician, wells

I apologize if the reviewer is unhappy with our service. We are contracted by the reviewer’s Home Warranty policy and was dispatched by the warranty about a issue with her well pump. There was already a plumber sent to troubleshoot the home owner’s water issue and our company was sent after the plumber could not resolve the problem. Our company explained to the reviewer's home warranty using the information from the plumber that the issue was with the well pump and not related to anything electric but they would not dispatch any other technician until we verified it was not a electric issue. Given the reviewer was currently without water and that they would not send out any other company to look at until we did, we reschedule some appointments to fit the reviewer's job in. We gave a window of time which we will admit we were late to due to a previous appointment going long. However we certainly were not 2.5 hour late to our window of time and did patiently wait for the reviewer to pick up their children before we could test the power going to the well pump. After we determined that the issue was not electrical, we informed the home warranty about the issue not being electrical and that a well pump technician should be dispatched by the home warranty. My electrician then went on to the other appointment that were delayed for the reviewer's home warranty service call. As far as the vehicle and street cloths, the electrician uses a mini van as his role in the company does not warrant a full sized vehicle and we would have gladly explained that should she have asked when we set the appointment. We also would like to say that it was in between 15 to 18 degrees out that day and we prefer that our employees would wear temperature appropriate clothing to jobs rather than lighter jackets or shirts with the company logo on them. We at KWK Electric do feel bad she is unhappy about our service, but we did attempt our best to fit her job in that day so that their Home Warranty would be able to send out another company who would be able to resolve her water issue. We also would like to state that the reviewer did not pay our company anything for our service as it was covered by her Home Warranty policy and feel the listed the price of $75.00 for cost of our service is misleading to other Angie's List Members. If the reviewer would like to contact our company or her Home Warranty company, we would be glad to work with her to find a resolution to her complaints.

11/26/2013

THOMAS O.

John was great to work with and it was helpful to be on a time and materials basis that I could pay as we proceeded. The work was completed over six days in a two-month span as John's schedule would allow. I had an initial idea of what needed to be completed, which evolved as the work was completed.

Description of Work
KWK addressed several issues in my home related to the previous owner's diy projects that were not completed to code, and other areas that needed to be upgraded. Work included removing an excessive number of outlets in the basement, upgrading others, and adding new outlets for a sump pump, washer, dryer, and security system; adding GFCI outlets in the kitchen and bathrooms; replacing light fixtures and switches throughout the house; redoing the wiring in the garage, including replacing the feed from the house; upgrading two-prong outlets throughout the house to three prong tamper resistant ones; and relocating a junction box for the main bath that was inside the ceiling to a more accessible spot in the attic.

Category electrician, lighting, wells

11/11/2013

Meleda L.

I had used them 2 to 3 weeks ago. They had come out some multiple corrections on electrical problems that different one process for telling your home different inspectors found. They were very helpful to meet certain deadlines, came out very quickly, responsive, and happy with work. It was excellent for they made it easy, supplied me with seats by email to pass on to relocate company, being wavered, and everything. I will give them an A in everything or something outstanding.

Description of Work
I used KWK Electric Inc. for electrical work.

11/02/2013

David M.

KWK Electric was very prompt in returning their estimate. They answered all my pre-project questions. Tom, the Master Electrician, showed up on time, and moved easily through the items on the project list. His expertise and experience were clearly evident. This company is easy to work with, and communicates very well.

Description of Work
Installed two exterior lights, ran a new outlet, replaced an old 240 outlet, and installed GFCI's.

Category electrician, outdoor lighting

11/01/2013

Theresa L.

Ken Kmet, the owner, takes a "hands-on" approach to his business. He did the original estimate and then came with the village inspector to check the work that was done by one of his electricians. He went out of his way to make sure we were pleased with the job. When we mentioned that we wished one of the ceiling lights had a cover, he replaced it at no additional cost.

Description of Work
The provider added and rewired lighting in our basement rec room, beginning on October 17 and completing the work on October 18.