JRV Roofing LLC

Founded 2012 • With Angi since February 2013

JRV Roofing has five employees, and the owner is on every job site performing the work. JRV Roofing does not sub out any work, and we charge by the job....

A Service Provider's profile image

+5 more images

roofing (147)gutter repair (17)water damage restoration (6)skylight installation (2)pressure washing (1)siding companies (1)

07/21/2020

Nancy W.

JRV did an excellent job. Great communication, on time and very conscientious about their work. Very helpful with questions and concerns we had

Description of Work
New shingled roof and gutters

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 07/10/2020

05/12/2020

Lori R.

Josh was fantastic to work with! He was very helpful through the process and took the time to explain everything in detail. The crew was very fast and efficient! They did a great job on cleanup as well. I would recommend JRV roofing to anybody in need of services!

Description of Work
new roof & gutters

Work Completed On 05/03/2020

04/24/2020

JENNIFER D.

Josh came out to give an estimate and was able to fix the leak immediately because he was prepared and had call in his truck. Great company, great guy. Will hire again. Will tell my friends.

Description of Work
Leak repair

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 04/24/2020

01/02/2020

Laurie S.

They were fantastic they delivered the shingles on time and the crew showed up promptly. The original contractors I hired to do the job delivered no materials, tore my roof off left it exposed, and didn't do any of the ice shield correctly. Thankfully, someone put me in contact with Josh from JRV and he came out and pointed out all the issues from the previous contractors. Josh and his crew came through and finished my roof in a day and did a fantastic job. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Shingles put on my roof

Work Completed On 12/21/2019

11/04/2019

Rudy K.

Great! His crew came out in a couple of weeks (since we had a lot of rain during that time period) and in about 15 minutes formed a new D channel and then installed under the existing shingles. So far there is no leak after the fix.

Description of Work
Had a leak in the attached garage. Joshua came out within hour and half after being contacted even though it was lightly raining. He indicated that the original roof edge was cut too close by another roofing company to the facial board. The fascia meets the garage roof and water was going under the shingles and into the garage . Suggested he would form a extended D edge the same color as the fascia trim to eliminate water going under the shingles..

Work Completed On 10/17/2019

10/14/2019

Matthew T.

Josh and his team were fantastic. They did what they said they would do...timely, courteous, quality work and kept us posted along the way of how the job was going. Josh also want above and beyond and helped me out with some additional shingles months after the project was complete when we had a new bay window installed. I recommend JRV.

Description of Work
House and Garage Roof

Work Completed On 05/06/2019

08/21/2019

Denise J.

Work could not have gone better. Dumpster was delivered on Monday, roof torn off and replaced on Tuesday, dumpster removed on Wednesday. Excellent and professional work right down to the clean-up. They shop vacuumed the area around the garage to get stray nails and made sure wayward debris was removed from the lawn. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Roof and gutters replaced on 2 1/2 car garage with mansard roof.

Work Completed On 08/13/2019

07/12/2019

dean T.

Excellent work. The guys finished the roof in one (long) day. No problems, no upcharges, just quality work at the estimated price. Cleaned up like you wouldn't have known they were there. A+

Description of Work
Tear-off and re-shingle house roof of approx. 15 square.

Work Completed On 06/25/2019

04/23/2019

Maxwell C.

Need a roof or repairs? Look no further! After a bad experience with a different company, we found JRV and it’s been a breeze ever since. We just completed roof number 3 with them and can’t say enough good things. The work is always done with exceptional skill and the job site is clean. It’s nice knowing Josh oversees each project and doesn’t contract out sub-par companies. I don’t have to worry about being over-sold on anything and communication and responsiveness is excellent!

Description of Work
Needed full roof replaced, house and garage.

03/27/2019

Matt F.

The whole process went very smoothly from beginning to end. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
Gutter Replacement

Work Completed On 03/25/2019

12/11/2018

Chuck O.

Joshua was very upfront with what had to done with the garage roof and explained everything that needed to be done. His estimate was very fair and was the best of the other estimates I had. He scheduled the job to be started in the middle of October but due to inclement weather he fell behind schedule, but he kept me informed on what was going on which I greatly appreciated it. He text me and said they would be at our house on November 9 to do our garage roof,it snow that night before and I figure they would have to come a different day because there was about 1/2” of snow on the roof.But his crew was there early in the morning to do the job. They finished the job around 5:00 in the evening. Joshua and his crew were very professional and did a outstanding job I would highly recommend them for any type roofing job.

Description of Work
Our garage roof was leaking and needed to be replaced.

Work Completed On 11/09/2018

Thanks for the great review!!

08/06/2018

Carol M.

All went very well. The crew did an excellent job. It worked long hours to finish in three days. The roofers made an extra effort to protect plants, which was much appreciated. Cleanup was excellent too.

Description of Work
Tear off of roof on home and free-standing garage

Work Completed On 08/02/2018

Thank you! It was a pleasure working with you!

06/06/2018

Gordon H.

We are so happy with our new roof !! (See pictures from the Mequon job posted by JRV in May, 2018.) The color is Shenandoah Landmark Pro. Since installation, we have been fascinated by the kaleidoscope of colors in this shingle during the different hues of the daylight hours. Josh and his crew did an awesome job! The project was explained thoroughly and we felt completely at ease from signing the contract through the completion of the job. The cost quoted was the best price out of the five quotes for comparable labor and materials. The crew was organized, efficient, thoughtful, neat & tidy. We are completely satisfied and thoroughly confident in recommending JRV Roofing!!

Description of Work
Roof Replacement & Gutter Enhancements

Work Completed On 05/25/2018

Thank you much for the great review! We are glad you are happy and you did pick an awesome shingle!

05/03/2018

Bob F.

Josh and his team are true professionals and stand by their work. I had a roof leak due to a poor roof install from a different contractor. I called josh and his team to fix the leak. The previous contractor did not do the flashing correct. JRV corrected the issue. We continued to have issues with the roof, all problems not created by JRV, but fixed by JRV. It didn't matter what day or time I texted Josh, he always responded. I would work with JRV again and again. A great company and customer service driven. His team is very knowledgeable. Thanks for the help, guys. Bob F

Description of Work
Fix a roof leak

Work Completed On 05/03/2018

Thank you for the great review!

04/29/2018

Ed M.

My impression of Josh is that (unlike most contractors that I have dealt with) he is an honest person who tries really hard to provide an excellent product for his customers. So far, I am really happy with my new roof and gutters. I feel like I got a very high quality roof system for the price of an average quality roof. A couple of things worth noting are 1) Josh is well trained in how to properly vent an attic, 2) JRV is big operation, they showed up (on time) with a big crew and finished the tear off, roof installation and (thorough) clean up in two days, and 3) Josh contracts out the gutter work (he was upfront about this), fortunately, his "gutter guys" did excellent work as well.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters

Work Completed On 04/29/2018

Thank you for this great review, it was a pleasure working with you and we are happy you are happy!

03/30/2018

Susan L.

Josh and his crew are absolutely fantastic, and within 3 days of work our house has a beautiful new roof and gutters. Josh is very organized, responsive, and easy to work with. He provided all the info we needed to make our decisions (product samples, warranty, list of references and addresses to see actual completed work). He took time to listen and address questions/concerns continually throughout the job to ensure that we were satisfied with their work. His crew was friendly and worked seemingly non-stop to stay on top of the tear off debris (windy day). They took care to cover or move things out of the way and did a great job of sweeping the yard and garden beds for loose nails several times. We can't be happier with the service that JRV Roofing has provided and have already recommended them to several friends who have inquired. Thank you!

Description of Work
Complete roof and gutter replacement

Work Completed On 03/20/2018

Thank you for the great review! It was a pleasure working with you, we are glad you are happy.

12/16/2017

Maxwell C.

Everything went flawless, work was done in a timely manner and jobsite was kept clean. Josh was very easy to work with, and answered all questions I had. Came in with best price out of all the quotes we got, will use again and would recommend .

Description of Work
We needed a three layer tear off, and rerouting of a house and garage.

Work Completed On 10/03/2017

Thank you for the review!

11/29/2017

Joseph W.

For our job, Josh and his crew were friendly, efficient, thorough and timely. Just what you want in a roofing contractor.

Description of Work
Re-roofed our house

Work Completed On 09/15/2017

Thank you for the great review!

11/16/2017

Michael K.

Frustrated and Exhausted We had a very frustrating experience with JRV. Josh (owner) lacks the ability to communicate. And the foreman (Dave) lacks common sense. I would never recommend them for another job. JRV came highly recommended on Facebook. Here is the timeline of our experience. Early August – JRV came and completed an estimate for a metal roof tear-off to be replaced by a rubber roof. I told Josh that I wanted any questionable wood replaced and to factor that into the cost. The roof acts as a 2nd floor porch and so he offered, if I had the railings purchased, he would install them. I did not want to compromise the new roof and would rather put that burden on them, so I made sure that this would happen. Mid September – Finally got around to scheduling JVR to complete work due to family vacations and school starting. Mid October – Due to weather, the foreman (Dave) and crew came on a Monday to start what was stated as a “2 day job.” By the time I got home from work, the tear-off was complete and the rubber install was already happening. I asked if they found any rot to which I was told (surprisingly) all wood was great. The house is 100 years old and we had water coming through the roof on more than one occasion. After the workers left on Monday, I went up to inspect. I was incredibly shocked. I found two areas where the roof sank when you stepped on it. I was dumbfounded by the fact that there were 2 screws left in the roof and simply covered up with the rubber but were obviously sticking up. In two different areas, the rubber was not pulled tight over the edge of the roof causing it to bubble and potential trap water. I immediately called Josh and he said he would come look the next day. By the time I came home the next day, the roof was peeled up and my issues were being addressed…somewhat. I was still told that the wood underneath was not rot. I still have never seen what was under the roof. On Wednesday, new gutters were installed and the roof was finished. Then came the railing. Again, Josh offered to install if it was there. I measured the existing railing and made sure to have a similar one of equal size purchased from Home Depot. It was a black metal railing typical of these homes. After watching Dave struggle for two days, I went to assist him on Friday afternoon when I got home from work. He was using a cordless drill obviously set too high. He had stripped multiple connectors to the point they were useless. I had only purchased enough so needless to say we were short. At 4:30 Dave runs to Home Depot. At this point Josh and I talk via phone. Again, I still haven’t seen Josh all week. Josh is sorry about how the week went and feels horrible for taking so long so he is knocking $500 off the cost. I responded that I was concerned about the price but more with the want of a quality roof. I also brought up my new concerns with Dave and how he was stripping pieces and now scratching the **** out of the new gutters with a crappy old ladder, common sense sort of stuff. Also, when he connected the railing pieces, he put the nuts to face out, cosmetic but still something you would expect to be handled properly. Josh said they would touch up the paint and talk to Dave. As we ate dinner, I heard David come back and then he was gone. I went up to the roof to find my railing standing but a mess of nails, screws, bags and cut pieces of rubber. There was no clean up whatsoever. When I grabbed onto the railing I was shocked again. The base of one of the railings lifted up when pressure was applied to the railing. It appeared that the base was screwed into nothing. This created two concerns. First the strength of the railing and second the integrity of the roof. A week later after finally cooling down, I sent Josh a video that unfortunately Angie’s List cannot post. His response was a text, “I will come look at it tomorrow.” When I got home from work the next day, I did notice the gutters were touched up but there was no change in the railing. So I was confused. And then nothing….for a month. Until I got a “passed due” bill in the mail. Mid November - We called Josh and had a lengthy argument about the lack of communication, about how we never knew he even came to address the issue, about how the screws used for the railing were bought with his hard earned money, about how the roof was our problem now because what was he supposed to do about it, about how he didn’t know he wasn’t going to get paid…..among other things. I told Josh I just wanted to feel like the job was completed, to which I still believe it is not. I am just curious, if this was his roof, would he feel the same? After a few days Josh’s and our tempers cooled. We had a more productive discussion (I thought) about me paying him and he coming back out to look at it. I cut him a check before Thanksgiving and I told him whenever his schedule permitted he was more than welcome to come look. Fast forward to April – I reached out to Josh wondering if and when he would be able to come look at it. He stated he was waiting for me to contact him and he would come next week. May – Josh messaged me saying he was behind and would get to it soon. June – I messaged Josh telling him I am home for the summer. He responded he would come next week. He was trying to coordinate schedules with Dave. End of July – I am done with JRV roofing. I will fix it myself.

Description of Work
Metal roof/porch replaced with a rubber roof.

Work Completed On 11/16/2017

Hello I am just seeing this post now. I’d like to start off with saying that we have worked on 60+ roofs just in Cooper Park from complete roof replacements to large repairs to minor repairs with nothing but stellar reviews. As for this particular roof, the workmanship is not shoddy, the rubber roof we installed and gutters were installed they way it should be by removing the old roof, installing fiber board, glue down .60ml rubber roofing membrane. We also installed 5 inch gutters pitched properly. The problem is in the railing that the homeowner chose and we said we would install it because he was going to do it himself and we were worried it would cause a leak in the rubber. After it was installed it had a wobble to it and let’s just say things did not go the way they should have when JRV Roofing was threatened to not be paid for the entire roof, we knocked $500 off the price because it took longer than expected to install said roof, that’s us being nice and figured it would be more appealing to receive our payment. We did receive payment and was told we can’t go back unless they are home, then was told he was going on a trip and we would hear from him when he got back, between weather, not being able to work unless they are home, our schedules, texts,calls I havent heard from him in a a couple of months. I’m more than willing to check this out and fix it as we do not operate on a shady basis. We carry an ‘A’ rating on Angie’s list with 130+ reviews also have roofed or fixed dozens of roofs in the Cooper Park neighborhood.

10/26/2017

Richard P.

Work was done during bad weather, and it looks great. I was very happy with their quick service.

Description of Work
section of shingles replaced, one gutter replaced, and one gutter repaired.

Work Completed On 03/08/2017

10/14/2017

Peter B.

It went extremely well. All of my neighbors were very impressed with the speed and the professionalism of the crew (and we were all impressed with the clean-up as well). Honestly -- they made it simple, quick and -- on top of it all (no pun intended) -- they did an excellent job. I'm very glad I went with these guys, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Needed a new roof and gutters.

Work Completed On 10/09/2017

09/01/2017

Joan P.

They did a fabulously job. Our roof looks perfect!

Description of Work
Had our roof replaced and two skylights. Also had them put in 6 air vents.

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 08/28/2017

Thank you for the review!!!

08/27/2017

Craig S.

They were great. The roof looks wonderful. Josh assured me that there will be a full warranty without laying down a plywood deck. The existing deck was fine. Other contractors insisted on laying down plywood. This saved me over $1000. The crew was very personable and obviously dedicated.

Description of Work
Replace roof