JK Contractors Inc

Founded 1980 • With Angi since May 2000

PO Box 250450

Milwaukee, WI 53225

12 employee's no subs. Takes extra care to protect landscape during home improvement process. Travel charges do not apply for service areas. Additional phone: (414) 333-5991....

11/17/2021

Steph F.

Do Not Work With Jeff Kurz or JK Contractors - I am working to warn as many people as possible, (and it’s spreading fast) to spare others what I’ve experienced - Read On! I first filed against their liability insurance and am now preparing a lawsuit against Jeff Kurz and JK Contractors, filing with the license authority to have their license revoked, working with Better Busines Bureau to deplete their rating, posting warning others not to use their services with photos of the project on Facebook and NextDoor and collecting other horrific complaints about his work. JK Contractors destroyed my new roof when they breached contract (promised to cut off old gutters) and instead ripped/tore them off, and cracked or ripped every shingle on my entire new roof perimeter - often up several rows. They also tore off the ice and water shield. Since I did not notice the damage until one year later when they had deteriorated enough to reveal the cracks,I believe I have water damage - my home now smells of mold. I notified him via multiple means, several times. He never responded. It has been nearly a month. The gutters are also faulty and my basement flooded. My foundation walls have not yet dried out. The roof must have a total replacement for the 50 year warranty to be restored. 7 skylights will not survive another installation and must also be replaced. Wet deck boards must be removed to search for damage beneath. There are water spots - any mold found must be remediated and all product removed and replaced. The gutters themselves are installed (1) in an S curve and both with varying grades so water never totally drains. I am working with an allergIst to evaluate my new sneezing, coughing and wheezing when entering the second floor and my health may have been permanently compromised by mold - (the mycotoxins they produce are a carcinogen). And he won’t even do the courtesy of returning a call or mail. Punitive damages (up to 10x loss) and an explosion of bad press will ensue if insurance or he does not pay all now and I proceed to officially retain the attorney and sue. He deserves it.

Description of Work
Gutter Replacement

Category gutter repair

09/20/2020

Kim M.

So happy with this job, I want to scream from my NEW ROOF TOP!! Far exceeded my expectations. I had a new roof, gutters, fascia, soffits, insulation, mold in attic treated, and a small cosmetic change at front entrance. The small cosmetic change took my old house from drab and unnoticeable, to elegant, edgy and unique. Outstanding from start to finish! Trustworthy employees and work done to excellence, great communication and a very fair price. Even my neighbors commented on the professionalism of the crew. Everyone knew what they were doing, they were fast, efficient, and polite. Not once did I see anyone “wandering” around. Jeff, the owner of JK Contractors actually comes out to bid on the job – no scripted salesman! Jeff also works on the job along side his crew. Never once did I feel like pushing the “panic” button. As any homeowner knows, a contractor who gives their word and keeps it, is a rare find. Plus, they also have 24/7 emergency repair service. As a single woman, this is a number I will be hanging onto!! It’s an A+++ from me. My 66 year old house is now a KNOCKOUT!

Description of Work
New roof, gutters, fascia, soffits, mold treatment, insulation, small cosmetic change to front entrance.

Category gutter repair, insulation, roofing, chimney repair

11/18/2019

steve W.

Terrible. Contracted to install roof, gutters and attic windows in April 2019 on home I purchased. Windows were "back-ordered". JK was paid in full and we moved in. After many, many calls Jeff finally answered. September 6th he had windows but refused to come out and install saying he was too busy to be bothered. Many calls later, in November, over 6 months after being paid, he finally agreed to let me pick up windows. Will have to hire someone else to install and pay again. Gutters were done poorly. Installing gutter guards was nightmare since gutters are crooked. They go wider then narrower down the house. Everything had to be custom trimmed to fit. Call some else...anyone else.

Description of Work
new roof, gutters and attic windows

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows

04/24/2018

David B.

Jeff and his crew did a fantastic job. They were professional, courteous and went the extra mile. The crew spotted mold damage on the roof decking cause by missing soffit vents incorrectly omitted by a very well know roofing contractor I hired several years ago to add aluminum facia and soffits. Also a repair did a few years ago was incorrectly done and was leaking which would have created problems down the road. They worked hard and did a great cleanup job around the house before they left. Would highly recommend them and would definitely hire them again for other work.

Description of Work
New Roofing and Gutters

08/09/2017

Robert W.

Went very well. We are very pleased and happy with the results.

Description of Work
Additional attic insulation; siding, roof, and chimney repairs.

Category insulation, roofing, siding, chimney repair

09/04/2015

Mike H.

Everything went great.

Description of Work
This company has provided several services for both me personally and for my rehab business. He has installed AC, Furnaces, EV unit and several other items. I wouldn't think of using anybody else.

04/14/2015

Ron S.

The crew worked very hard and in cold weather for over a week. The outcome was as we had hoped in appearance. The next year I began to see some moisture on the brick of the attic chimney. JK was called and he came to see the concern. He felt it was a chimney problem. I spoke with two people one in chimney repair and one in roofing. Both suggested the concern was roof/flash. I called JK back the next year and he sent someone to caulk. The concern is not any better. it is now about 5 years after the placement. I will be calling other people to get an opinion as to what to do. The last rain fall(very heavy) I could see moisture and hear an occasional dripping while in the attic at the chimney.

Description of Work
tear off and re roof home

03/23/2015

Sue C.

They were very good, they were very organized. They all knew what they were doing. It was a team that was working together for years, you could tell. But there were a couple of, still a couple of issue that I have with they gutters that they put on. I'm trying to straighten it out with them because I never had any gutter problem before and this year I've had a ton of them. They were all very good. The owner was on the job, on site. He was here, it wasn't like he would just drop the guys off and he would leave. They would clean up after themselves. There were no complaints from the neighbors. Our houses are only 10 or 12 feet apart. I did talk to other roofers but not a lot and he did come recommended from a friend. They were here when they said they would be and they were on time.

Description of Work
For siding I used JK Contractors or JK Construction. They did roofing and siding. The roof they had to do a tear off and put on a whole new roof.

Category roofing, siding

05/12/2014

Kaye L.

The roof looks great. However, they said they would do the job between April 1 to 10. They did not notify us of any reason for the delay. We are also disappointed in some aspects of the work. The cleanup was quite haphazard. Every time it rains more nails, shingle pieces, rubber bands, and even metal brackets have washed down through the rain gutters. I picked lots of rubber bands, nails, shingle pieces, and cellophane strips from the yard and garden. We are also not convinced that the tuck pointing of the chimney was adequately done. That said, there is no denying that the roof looks good and seems properly installed.

Description of Work
Replaced our roof and ridge vents

06/13/2013

Miren B.

We had some leaking from the upstairs bathroom to the downstairs bathroom. Jeff came over and diagnosed the situation. He said that the upstairs shower was probably the source of the problem, together with the outside frame on the shower window, which was not covered. We hired him to cover the frame of the window. He sent some workers to do this. They did the job. Soon after that we had carpenter ants upstairs. We had a different contractor come to re-do the shower in the upstairs bathroom. When these contractors opened the wall, we saw the job that Jeff's team had done. They had hammered the tin into empty space in places. When it rained, we could see that it leaked fairly significantly. The contractors we hired to do the shower had to take off the covering that Jeff's team had put on, remove the rotting wood, and then cover the frame again (properly this time). Though Jeff did not charge us much money, we simply had to do the job over again a few months later. He didn't tell us about the rotten wood, he didn't tell us that there was nothing to secure the covering to. So we were not satisfied with the job that he and his team did for us.

Description of Work
cover an outside window frame with a thin metal

11/03/2011

Vitauts V.

They did what they said they would at the agreed price. No surprises. Things were clean and orderly at the end of every work day. Just the way it should be done.

Description of Work
Replaced roof, soffit, fascia and gutters. Complete tear off.

09/27/2010

Kyle E.

Excellent. Great work and suggested the most cost effective way to re-route downspout so water moves away from house. I had estimates from 4 others and they ranged from $150 - $450 and some suggested all gutters and downspouts should be replaced. I appreciated Jeff's willingness to work with the most cost effective solution. I would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Removed downspout and relocated to different area of gutter. Added new downspout and extension off of sun porch.

05/18/2010

JUDY O.

JK was very responsive. They came out the day after I called because it was going to rain/snow soon. The work was done quickly by some good people, and for far less $ than I expected. JK has also replaced both our garage and house roofs in the past, and I would highly recommend them. Hard working and courteous people.

Description of Work
Repaired a hole in our garage roof

05/12/2010

Linda L.

They were polite and professional. As their estimate was high, I went with another company. I will not hire them in the future, if their quote is the highest.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from JK Contractors for roofing, a couple of weeks ago. I wanted them to replace my leaky roof.

04/21/2009

Rosanne K.

The work was to be scheduled in 4-6 weeks but took 12 weeks to be done. The contractor often doesn't answer phone or return calls. Work was sloppy e.g. downspout extensions all different lengths. The contractor fixed some but not all of the problems.

Description of Work
Removed old gutters, downspouts, and flashing; replaced with new.

Category gutter repair

12/09/2008

georgia J B.

They were excellent, I would use them again. The guy came the next day after I called and the next day he came out with the workers. They were very quick.

Description of Work
They did an area that was leaking on my roof. They did some copper flashing on my cedar roof.

10/13/2008

AUDREY Y.

I have had good experiences with them. They have always responded when I call. They did a nice job. I thought that was a lot of money to have snow shoveled off the roof, but after talking to people I found out that's about the price it goes for.

Description of Work
They came to my home and shoveled the snow off my roof.

Category snow removal

04/28/2008

CYNTHIA L G.

He also installed a wrought iron rail that we had.

Description of Work
He had to come and finish a roof job that he did a year and a half ago, fixed the gable.

Category roofing, wrought iron

12/20/2006

DAVID B.

Originally when we signed the contact in early July 2006, Jeff stated it would be about 6 weeks to start. It actually started in October 2006; however, the work looked good upon completion. After our December snowstorm we noticed our roof was leaking, and I promptly called the contractor. He said he would come over and look at the work; however, I never saw him again.

Description of Work
JK Contactors put a roof on our house, soffit, facia and gutters on our house.

08/16/2006

LINDA B.

Jeff had done the roof and gutters on our previous ranch house, so was our 1st choice on our current colonial. Less pleased this time due to a poor clean-up (lawn service got 2 flat tires from roofing nails), leak where garage met the house. To his credit, Jeff immediately came and fixed leak, but we had raised the concern about that area BEFORE leak occurred & were told that it wouldn't be an issue.

Description of Work
Did tearoff of old roof and installation of new roof.

04/12/2006

HIGHLY EFFICIENT! THEY BROUGHT CREW IN AND COMPLETED THE WORK IN ONE DAY. CLEANED UP AFTERWARDS. EASY TO GET A HOLD OF. RESPONSIVE, RELIABLE, PROFESSIONAL AND HAVE REFERRED THRU TO MANY FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS.

Description of Work
REMOVED EXISTING ROOF, NEW 30 YEAR WARRANTED SHINGLES, GUTTER GUARD, DOWN SPOUTS, ROOF VENTS, ICE SHIELD, REPLACE DAMAGED FASCIA, METAL DEEP EDGES.

12/30/2005

SUSAN K M.

Responsive to phone calls for an estimate; submitted timely proposal and competitive bid. But after receiving a $200 down payment in early June, Mr. Kurz stopped returning phone calls. After threat of legal action he finally called and completed the job in late September. He wasn't willing to lower the price for the inconvenience of the delay.

Description of Work
Tear off of roof dormer - installed fiberboard, shingles, and gravel stop. Price included hauling away debris. 10 year warranty on material, 3 year warranty on work.

12/20/2004

ZACH T.

STOPPED OUT THE SAME DAY WE CONTACTED THEM TO GIVE AN ESTIMATE. SPOTTED THE PROBLEM QUICKLY AND REPAIRED THE NEXT DAY. THE OWNER WAS THE ONE TO STOP OUT AND MAKE AN ESTIMATE AND WAS A VERY COURTEOUS AND PROFESSIONAL PERSON. THE PROBLEM IDENTIFIED AND SOLUTION GIVEN WAS A MUCH MORE COST-EFFECTIVE FIX THAN WE'D ANTICIPATED.

Description of Work
HOLES IN ROOF PLUGGED, DOWNSPOUT ON GUTTERS REPLACED/ENHANCED - APPROX. 2FT WORTH.

10/24/2003

Jim C.

YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN 'EM. EVERYTHING WAS DONE IN ONE DAY. THEIR PRICES ARE COMPETITIVE. HOWEVER OUR JOB WAS A LITTLE MORE EXPENSIVE DUE TO THE WEATHER SHIELD BUT THE PRODUCT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY! THEY MUST HAVE REPLACED 3/4 OF THE ROOFS ON OUR BLOCK. THEY MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT.

Description of Work
REPLACED THE ROOF, INSULATED THE ATTIC AND TUCK POINTED THE CHIMNEY. WE HAD THEM USE WEATHER SEAL TO PREVENT ICE DAMS TOO.

Category insulation, roofing, chimney repair

05/01/2000

DAN E.

Description of Work
PUT ON NEW ROOF

Art Karos, LLC - DBA Art's Chimney & Stonework

Arthur Karos has been an expert in Masonry for 23 years and a Master Mason for 12 years. With 85 year of combined experience along with his five employed master Masons, you can expect the job to be expedited in a professional manner. We do chimney brick laying and stone work, chimney repair, flue installs & repair, ash-pits doors, stainless steel flue caps, Tuck Pointing, replace bricks, and insurance work for brick damage. Chimneys, masonry and stonework are done with expertise. We can custom match stone and color match mortar for Tuckpointing or masonry repair. FOR FASTER SERVICE, PLEASE USE ANGIE'S LIST MESSAGING!

Empire Home Remodeling

Empire Home Remodeling, Inc specializes in windows, siding, roofing, creativity, customer service and project management necessary for success. Our most satisfied customers are those who want a company to manage their project, leaving the problem solving and details to the professionals, thus allowing them a worry-free experience.

Offers by Empire Home Remodeling on Angi
    Zen Windows Milwaukee LLC

At Zen Windows, we think that finding replacement windows and doors for your home should be a simple, pleasant experience. Our team works closely with you via e-mail and phone to help shape the improvements you envision without ever having a salesperson visit your home. We offer our own product line featuring EPA awarded materials. Our technicians are extremely dedicated to details and personal customer service. We believe in our products and Team and thus provide a lifetime warranty on both the labor and material of your windows and doors. On a final note, Zen Windows sets our clients at ease with our No Down Payment Policy. All projects are completed to our clients satisfaction before any money is paid to us.

Flat roofs, awnings, gutters, shingles, windows, doors, aluminum trim. Aluminum, vinyl, steel & hard plank siding.