JJB Home Improvements LLC

Founded 1994 • With Angi since April 2001

Our company began in 1994 with a simple idea: provide our community with a trustworthy partner in home improvements. We had seen too many neighbors, friends and family members give their trust, time and money to "fly-by-night" contractors who let them down, performed substandard work or even left

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated

roofing (103)masonry (21)stucco (20)woodworking (17)chimney repair (14)general contractors (10)decks & porches (6)home remodeling (5)water damage restoration (5)tile installation (5)basement remodeling (3)chimney cap repair (2)

12/13/2022

Ron F.

Wow, what a great contractor! Jeff, Joe, and Company are simply the best. Last spring and summer (2021) JJB painted our home beautifully. In the process, they discovered significant repair issues that needed prompt attention. They kept us well informed throughout the process, and our home was transformed. We were so thrilled with their work, that we engaged JJB to further transform our home in 2022 by adding a large covered porch (including beautiful new windows), and a matching pergola to the front of our house. What an amazing transformation, with incredible curb appeal! Friends and acquaintances sometimes drive right by our home and have to double back, because they can’t recognize it anymore. JJB’s attention to detail, superb customer service, wonderful and friendly crew, and total professionalism are giving us our dream home. We plan to hire them again for two additional projects. I wish we could share photos. Bravo, JJB!

Description of Work
Home painting and repair, porch addition and window replacement

Category remodeling

08/07/2022

David P.

JJB was wonderful to work with from start to finish. Jeff thoroughly walked me through the project and answered all of my questions. He also took the time to help determine the cause of a leak from a roof vent. Jayne was also a pleasure to work with and communicated clearly about the project throughout. We would highly recommend and use them again!

Description of Work
Stucco Repair

Category roofing, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 08/07/2022

10/19/2021

Jason H.

They were great. Jeff kept me informed along the entire process and was very quick to respond.

Description of Work
Trim around Front Door

Category woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 10/19/2021

[Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure working with you! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. -Jayne Page Office Manager

08/20/2021

Nathan E.

Work was done quickly and looks great.

Description of Work
Brick step repair

Category masonry

Work Completed On 08/19/2021

08/17/2021

marshall A.

The crew worked tirelessly on our 1903 bungalow near the lake. They encountered issues with the framing and the old construction, but came up with smart solutions and provided a strong, properly built, and beautiful staircase. Joe kept us in the loop and up to speed on progress and his thoughts on how to overcome issues. The plumbers were great as well. He coordinated with the City for service shut-offs. The plumbing looks and functions great.

Description of Work
Complete Interior Stair Rebuild and plumbing update

Category plumbing, woodworking

Work Completed On 08/16/2021

04/28/2021

KRISTINA P.

Job One: I thought I needed a new outer door but Jeff (the owner) suggested refurbishing the existing one which was more cost-effective. It hasn't looked this good since moving in! Job Two: I couldn't afford a whole new kitchen so Kelah, Austin and Joe worked their magic by taking the cabinet doors off and with new hardware and a couple coats of paint on the cabinets, ceiling and walls, I now have a really cheerful "new" kitchen. The crew was great to work with and even accommodated my small extra requests of putting new light switches in and helped me create a new hanging wall coat rack. JJB Home Improvements is fortunate to have a knowledgeable and friendly crew. Keeping them altogether is Tom, their office manager and juggler of all things scheduling and billing-wise. I had to change my start date a couple times and he handled that--and all communications with incredible promptness, professionalism and courtesy. Clearly JJB--in my opinion--has a really great team!

Description of Work
Refurbish door and paint kitchen

Category contractors, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/28/2021

03/17/2021

jocelyn S.

JJB is a fantastic company. The team is talented, professional, and accommodating. They show up when they are supposed to show up, and they finish on time! It is a pleasure to work with a company that is so communicative, and we very much look forward to working with them in the future.

Description of Work
Total bathroom renovation

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/17/2021

10/31/2020

Keith T.

We’ve worked with JJB Home Improvements (Jeff) on a number of projects at our home since 2006; totaling more than $20K of work. They were always prompt, and we were always satisfied with their work. I contracted again with JJBHI (Joe) last summer of 2019 to remove & replace 2 insert windows with screens, and the replacement of some beveled cedar siding. Without our knowledge, JJBHI substituted a different vendor for our windows, and they did not provide screens like we had asked for and paid for. I ended up having to locate the supplier, and purchased the screens myself this past July/2020. The majority of the siding work was done in the dark with “flood lights”, and a very small section of the siding was overlooked (see image below, 2 courses above top of left window). I made numerous attempts via emails and phone calls this past Dec./2019 with JJBHI regarding the above, with no response to date. I also made two written requests via USPS, asking JJBHI to reimburse us for the screens, but have not received a response from Jeff or Joe. I would classify this as JJBHI being “penny wise and dollar foolish”; especially since I have more work to do, the screens X2 were only $80 – COST, and “word of mouth can be your best and worst form of advertising”. Sadly, and mistakenly: 1) I gave JJBHI a 60% down payment, waited more than 3 months for them to show up, and 2) I didn’t retain 3% - 5% of my final payment because I had worked with JJBHI (JEFF) in the past, I didn’t think it was necessary, and I trusted them – BIG MISTAKE.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 insert windows, beveled cedar siding, and insulation

Category insulation, siding, replacement windows, woodworking

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

Review for JJB Home Improvements LLC - 3744 N Booth St, Milwaukee, WI - 39004131

06/30/2020

Max M.

I've worked with many contractors over the years and JJB is the best I've worked with for residential remodeling. That's no small statement. JJB is responsive, communicative, on-time and on-schedule, does not cut corners, always willing to tackle new issues or problems that arise during construction, respectful of neighbors / other tenants, and very fairly priced for the quality of work that they provide. We even had some city permitting issues from prior construction that JJB was able to take on and get cleared up. I can't express how much headache this saved me! On top of being great contractors, Joe and Jeff and their team are also just great people - very personable, easy to communicate with, and a pleasure to be around. They really desire to make their customers happy and to do good work. You won't find any cheap shortcuts or shoddy work with this team. When the time comes for another construction job in the area, they will be my first call. I really can't give much of a higher recommendation than that!

Description of Work
Kitchen and bath remodel, floor refinishing and painting through rest of house

Category decks, drywall, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

06/13/2020

Daniel M.

Three letters signal how it went: C C and H Competent in many different parts of home improvement and repair. Careful in all their work. It is not rushed, it is done meticulously. Honest. They will never tell you you need something done just so they can get work. If anything needs to be done, they show you pictures of it and explain it in detail, and then they give detailed items in billing.

Description of Work
Painting and repair work on window frames, tuck pointing on chimney, roof repair, creating a drainage system at back and side of house.

Category contractors, gutter repair, masonry, roofing, replacement windows, chimney repair, drain pipe, architect, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 06/13/2020

06/07/2020

Erin R.

Joe, Jeff, and their crew were great--professional, friendly, and excellent at their jobs. We received clear and timely communication from them throughout the job, and even after when we had follow-up questions. They took the time to make sure we had all of our questions answered at every part of the process. They repaired damaged spots on our stucco exterior and then sprayed on a coat of new stucco. They also re-pointed a deteriorating chimney and installed new chimney caps on both chimneys. The house looks fantastic! We've received compliments from many of our neighbors on how nice the house looks now. I wouldn't hesitate to hire them again.

Description of Work
stucco re-coat, chimney re-pointing, new chimney caps

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, stucco

Work Completed On 05/02/2020

05/21/2020

John S.

JJB Home Improvements (Jeff, Joe and crew) did an outstanding job on our chimney repair. We had a small water leak in our interior attic. JJB responded quickly and professionally by setting up scaffolding for our 112 year old home. 3 stories high! No problem for JJB. They repaired the old brick, caulked, applied a skim stucco coat, then a finish stucco coat, then painted to match with elastomeric paint. We even replaced the 3 chimney caps with more decorative and functional caps. JJB was extremely professional, on time, and communicated every step of the way. I have already recommended them to neighbors and friends. So nice to have a contractor like JJB!

Description of Work
Chimney repair.

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 05/21/2020

Review for JJB Home Improvements LLC - 3744 N Booth St, Milwaukee, WI - 38582234

09/23/2019

Robert Z.

Great job. Easy to work with. Will use again.

Description of Work
Porch post replacement, concrete footers, aluminum wrap posts

Category contractors, handyman service

Work Completed On 04/24/2019

Thank you for your response. We appreciate the feedback!

08/29/2018

Jay S.

Joe and his team were on time, courteous and honest and completed the work quickly.

Description of Work
Repair of poorly constructed/ flash outer deck areas, which had allowed water into the house

Category decks, roofing, water damage restoration

Work Completed On 08/13/2018

Thank you for your response! We really appreciate the feedback.

07/23/2018

Rob M.

Overall everything went extremely well. The gentlemen that did the work on my home was very professional from start to finish. Service was prompt and they kept me informed on the progress and completion of the project. They took great care with working around the plants and moving patio equipment from around work area of our home. I will be contacting these gentlemen again for my future needs on my 90+ year old home.

Description of Work
Stucco and mortar repair on home.

Category masonry, chimney repair, stucco

Work Completed On 07/18/2018

Thank you for your response. We appreciate your feedback!

07/02/2018

Hannah H.

Excellent work! We were very happy with the whole remodeling process. The crew did an amazing job with the kitchen and bathroom. Everything is better than we hoped. Will be going with them again after the quote we got for our roof.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, gutter repair, handyman service, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, skylights, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

09/21/2017

John S.

Work was done when promised. Repair looks good. Clean up of work site was excellent.

Description of Work
Stucco repair

Category stucco

Work Completed On 09/08/2017

06/30/2017

Candace S.

The repair is invisible and the workmen are completely reliable in every meaningful way—from initial visit, quote, time to repair and accountability. Hire in good faith. I certainly will again.

Description of Work
Soffit repair as a result of squirrels deciding to move in this past spring. Wood trim replacement on a 100 year-old house, 3 and 1/2 stories tall. He matched the existing trim

Category handyman service, roofing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 05/18/2017

06/04/2017

Jonathan P.

Not sure why I had such a different experience than everyone else. They blame the city of west allis, but the city didn't do the work in the pictures I attached. Sure they came back and fixed most things like the cracking and horrible dry wall, but everytime drywall gets fixed I have to repaint and paint isn't cheap. Some things weren't able to get fixed. In the contract we had three floor vents for the heat and AC, he only did one even after repeated times of reminding him. He offered to help pay for half of an air conditioner. Now as you can imagine in the summer it's a sauna up there. The guy he had do the drywall couldn't have known what he was doing because the cutouts for the lights were cut out too big, the drywall was cracked and uneven everywhere and he didn't even cut out a hole for the fire alarm. The "fixing" of the holes for the lights was a hack job and they had to bring a drywall specialist to fix it, which just cant be fixed 100%. The biggest most important thing I wanted was a door at the bottom or top of stairs which was on the contract as well. Due to some city issues which the company, not customer should be aware if it didnt happen. I even had to pay $250 extra to get the doorway at the bottom of the stairs to code. He offered to put door upstairs...for roughly $1,600 extra! Even simple things like moving the railing up. It was moved and not drilled into the studs and within 2 weeks it was falling off. Little things make a huge difference. We got a skylight put in, you would hope the new shingles would match...nope. Honestly I was way too lenient and should have taken them to small claims court. I wouldn't let them work on my house again if they offered to pay me. 1.5 years later and it's "done "

Description of Work
I hired them to finish my attic into a master bedroom feb of 2016. No bathroom, just simple bedroom. Final inspection happend in may of 2017, almost a year and a half later.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 05/25/2017

Review for JJB Home Improvements LLC - 3744 N Booth St, Milwaukee, WI - 35175509

05/27/2017

Justin U.

They were knowledgeable about the work that needed to be done, and I was happy with the finished work and the price.

Description of Work
I needed the stucco I have on an exterior dormer redone.

Category stucco

Work Completed On 08/26/2016

Review for JJB Home Improvements LLC - 3744 N Booth St, Milwaukee, WI - 35158239

03/09/2017

matthew D.

Some of the finishing work could have been a little bit better. We have been working with them about coming back and fixing stuff. For the most part, they were there when they said they were going to be there. Always answered my phone calls.

Description of Work
They did concrete and a tile shower.

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair

Work Completed On 10/28/2016

11/03/2016

Linda F.

They did not protect my plants, as they stated in their contract. They walked all over my front garden, totally pressing all plants into the ground. They did not cover my 20 year old Japanese lace leaf maple tree and as a result, the concrete dust burned off the entire top of it. They slopped paint all over my wrought iron, my doorbell and my lace leaf maple tree. They drove a nail into the interior wall of my dormer, which of course caused plaster to crack and fall. Instead of hanging my house numbers back on the front of my house, they left them laying on the ground. When I held back a $1000 from the final payment until we could get these issues resolved, they threatened to put a lien on my house if full payment wasn't received within 30 days. Totally ignored my most recent email, asking that we please try to resolve this prior to going ahead with lien. Basically took advantage of a single, senior woman home owner, by not fixing things, but threatening me with lien on house.

Description of Work
Tuck pointing and painting of front of house. New cedar siding on dormers, side of house.

Category masonry, siding, house painters