Founded 1991 • With Angi since February 2004

5701 W North Ave

Milwaukee, WI 53208

10/27/2015

Patricia K.

Description of Work
A single door refrigerator with bottom freezer and no ice maker was leaking water onto the floor and had a large ice flow in the bottom of the freezer. |Jim repaired the clogged drain tube so that excess moisture no longer froze in the bottom of the freeze, but now goes to the pan under the refrigerator. |Great results, reasonable price and very knowledgeable and friendly.

08/24/2015

Kenyatta B.

I called for service on my dryer. The person taking my call said he had a service guy in the area that he could likely have him stop by before noon. He called me back in less than 15 minutes that he could be there. The person came and took a look and the cost of the work was less than anticipated which was a wonderful surprise. The technician was professional and I would definitely call on them again if needed in the future because they gave the impression of being trustworthy and honest.

Description of Work
Dryer Repair

10/15/2014

DAVID P.

01/14/2014

Robert A. S.

Showed me why our refrigerator was leaking and what to do about it the next time it happens so that we do not have to call a repair service.

Description of Work
I used Jim's Refrigeration Sales & Service.

06/29/2013

Jeff P.

Had the Part on his Truck. Very fast fix

Description of Work
Fixed a gas dryer that would not heat up. Replaced the gas Ignition coil.

06/04/2013

Bruce W.

Friendly guy. Came within 24 hours. Fixed it in 1.5 hours. Low key, friendly and efficient.

Description of Work
Diagnosed the freezer problem and fixed it

02/27/2012

DEENA C.

They were very good and I was pleased with them. They were reliable and reasonable. I've used them twice in January and they went out of their way to help me. They were very, very quick and it worked out well. I would use them again.

Description of Work
I used Jim's Refrigeration Sales & Service twice to fix my refrigerator. The second time it was my fan and the first time it was something with the freezer.

10/06/2011

LORA D.

Overall, a good experience. I feel as though my dryer got a new lease on life and I'll be able to use it for many years to come.

Description of Work
My dryer was acting up. He checked out the situation, recommended a repair and did the repair all in the same visit.

06/18/2010

JOSH B.

They weren’t able to fix it and it turned out that the circuit board had some issues. They said that if they can’t fix it, then they won’t charge me for it. They spent a good amount of time trying to fix it.

Description of Work
We have used Jim’s Refrigeration a couple of times. They tried to repair the refrigerator in March.

05/20/2010

E Marie B.

Went well. Did not take very much time. I am the landlord, so they called my tenants to set up the time that worked best for them. They were also able to go the next day for service.

Description of Work
Company made a service call to diagnose a problem with the refrigerator. Found the problem and was able to temporarily fix it until we decide to have the complete work done

05/11/2010

CHARLES C.

Great

Description of Work
repaired my refrigerator did a good job would have them back in a heartbeat.

03/10/2010

Carolyn C.

He repaired the problem very quickly. He was easy to schedule with. I appreciated that he explained to me very nicely what the problem was. His explanation was absolutely correct. He also offered suggestions as to how to avoid this in future.

Description of Work
They repaired my refrigerator.

08/16/2009

JEANNE S.

Very Good

Description of Work
Repaired fridge that was leaking.

03/04/2009

RECHELLE C.

I had no problems and the dryer works. He was neat, prompt and friendly.

Description of Work
He came to check out the dryer. I got them off of the list. They service kitchen and laundry room appliances. My dryer stopped working and they fixed it.

04/04/2007

ELIZABETH W.

My freezer died and I called Jim. He came to look at it the same day (arriving exactly when he said he'd be there) and found the fan had died. He tried to fix it before ordering a new part but it was not to be. He ordered a new fan, called me the next morning when it arrived via UPS and came to install it that afternoon (exactly when I asked him to come). I was very happy with the great (and super fast) service. Also, Jim did tell me before he ordered the fan what my repair cost would be. I've found that many places "surprise" you with the cost. My freezer works like a charm now and I'm so happy to have it back and not have to buy a new one!

Description of Work
Jim replaced a fan in my upright freezer.

03/20/2007

KEVIN B.

Ed was prompt and diagnosed the problem quickly. However, he gouged my kitchen floor moving the fridge out of the cabinet, something we didn't notice before he left, and we'd already paid. I called their office and politely told them that their workers should be more careful .. at that point, I was just interested in informing them of the damage so that future customers wouldn't have the same issue. A few minutes later, Ed called me back and immediately called ME a jerk and accused me of gouging the floor myself! He yelled at me to spell it. I asked, spell what? His answer? ''J-E-R-K''. It was really quite unbelievable. The worst part? The other company technician came out the next day. STAY FAR AWAY FROM JIM'S REFRIGERATION!

Description of Work
My freezer was not cold enough. Ed from Jim's Refrigeration came out and diagnosed the problem as a freon leak. He described that in general, if not covered by a warranty, freon leaks are very difficult to fix and cost several hundred dollars. Since my fridge is only 2.5 years old, I wanted to try and get a company to fix it, as the alternative seemed to be replacing the whole fridge. I chose Jim's Refrigeration because it had good reviews on Angie's List.

Category appliance repair

ALL OF US AT JIM'S REFRIGERATION WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE TO THIS MEMBER. THIS WAS AN ISOLATED INCIDENT AND HAS BEEN RESOLVED. WE DO OUR BEST TO ACCOMMODATE OUR CUSTOMERS.

02/22/2007

SHERRY T.

I called on a Thursday and was able to get a technician out on Friday afternoon to look at my dryer, which had stopped working. The technician arrived slightly before the appointed time. He was able to quickly diagnose the problem and recommend that we replace the dryer motor and belt. Because he didn't have the necessary motor we made an appointment for him to do the actual repair on Monday. Again he arrived on time and was able to get the job completed within about 1 1/2 hours. This time included his having to go back to the store to get a new fan because ours broke when he was trying to remove the motor. Although he had to purchase a new fan, he did not charge us for it because he said that it was his fault and that sometimes that happened.

Description of Work
Our dryer motor, belt, and fan were replaced.

08/29/2006

SONYA B.

I realized at 2:45 p.m. that my refrigerator/freezer was not working. I immediately went to Angieslist.com and checked under large appliance repair. one of the businesses listed was located very nearby. I called and described the situation (fridge running but not cooling), the age and make of the fridge, and asked if it sounded like it was fixable. He said yes he thought so and would fit me in before the end of the day. He arrived around 4, found the problem, replaced the fan motor and had the fridge up and running by 5 p.m. For $126.00. A true Angie's List success story.

Description of Work
replaced faulty fan

08/14/2006

MATT B.

When they were running late they called to warn & apologies and then arrived as soon as possible. Easily diagnosed and fixed the problem. Responded with in 36 yours of calling them. Then went over how I could replace the oven light on my own.

Description of Work
Replace the igniter switch in our 15+ year old Magic Chef range.

07/19/2005

Sarah K.

WE CALLED ONE AFTERNOON AND GOT SERVICE THE NEXT MORNING. JIM SEEMED VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND VERY EFFICIENT. THE PRICE WAS QUITE REASONABLE.

Description of Work
OUR RELATIVELY NEW FRIGIDAIRE REFRIGERATOR WAS LEAKING WATER ONTO THE TOP SHELF INSIDE THE REFRIGERATOR. JIM EXPLAINED THAT THIS IS QUITE COMMON IN NEWER REFRIGERATORS AND HAS TO DO WITH A CERTAIN PART NOT BEING ADEQUATE TO DO THE DEFROSTING JOB. HE CLEARED THE REFRIGERATOR DRAIN AND ADJUSTED THE LEVELING AND WHATEVER ELSE NEEDED TO BE DONE TO ELIMINATE THE PROBLEM.

04/29/2004

Mark B.

HE DID THE WORK ON TWO VISITS DURING THE SAME DAY. THIS IS THE THIRD TIME WITH THESE GUYS, AND THEY ARE RELIABLE, EFFICIENT, QUICK, AND PREDICTABLE!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Description of Work
NEEDED GAS DRYER HOOKUP, WHICH WAS QUICKLY DONE FOR AROUND $45. I NOTICED THAT THE DRYER AND WASHER COIN MECHANISMS WERE VANDALIZED, DAN FIXED ONE, AND REPLACED & INSTALLED THE OTHER ONE AT THE COST OF THE ACTUAL MECHANISM, HAD I REPLACED IT FROM A LOCAL HOME IMPROVEMENT STORE ($75), PLUS HIS WORK HAS WARRANTY.

02/23/2004

Mark B.

THEY WERE CALLED IN MORNING, AND THAT AFTERNOON SERVICE WAS RESTORED-- QUICKLY AND INEXPENSIVELY. AND THEY BILLED MY CREDIT CARD OVER THE PHONE WITHOUT HASSLE!

Description of Work
MALFUNCTIONING MAYTAG ELECTRIC OVEN; TENANT ATTEMPTED TO HEAT HOME WHILE MALFUNCTIONING FURNACE WAS BEING REPAIRED. ALL BURNERS & OVEN ELEMENTS USED CONTINUOUSLY, CAUSED ELECTRIC SHORT THAT TRIPPED ALL CIRCUIT BREAKERS WHEN OVEN WAS PLUGGED IN. THEY REPAIRED DEFECTIVE SHORTED WIRE.