JD Griffiths Company Inc

Founded 1947 • With Angi since May 2000

In business since 1947. We are Wisconsin's largest garage builder. We offer Free in home estimates, to schedule yours please call us at (414)-362-7222, We serve the entire milwaukee metro area. License number: 12107. Please visit our website at jdgriffiths.com to view a whole variety of completed projects, and acomplete listing of all of our services....

A Service Provider's profile image

+2 more images

garage doors (109)garage building (45)concrete driveways (14)concrete repair (8)siding companies (6)door installation (5)electrician (5)roofing (4)general contractors (4)window replacement (2)driveway pavers (1)interior painting (1)

08/21/2021

Oscar H.

I would never use this company again. This is a lousy company. They attempted to repair my garage door, but the workmanship was horrible. The door only worked five times after I had paid for the service. The repairman was so incompetent that he raised the track on the door too high and the door hit the beam in the top of the garage. When I called for them to come back out after the repair didn't work, they never returned. I never heard from them again, and they did not refund my money. I called another company, Joe Wilde, and in three minutes they had discovered the problem, and my door was fixed efficiently and promptly. JD Griffith is a horrible company that does shotty work. Do not use them.

Description of Work
Replaced springs.

Category contractors, garage doors

Work Completed On 07/12/2021

12/23/2020

Gary S.

Outstanding work all the way around. Todd- sales, Brad- oversight, Scott- demolition, John-concrete, Rick- garage build and Ben- electrical all made this a great experience for my wife and me. First class work and communication.

Description of Work
Garage teardown, build new garage, and re-do driveway

Category contractors, concrete repair, concrete driveways, electrician, garage builders

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

Review for JD Griffiths Company Inc - 8401 W Calumet Rd, Milwaukee, WI - 39100667

[Member Name Removed] thank you for taking the time to provide this review. We really appreciate the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you on your project. Please let us know if you have anything we can help out with in the future.

07/19/2020

Chris P.

I noticed my garage door was askew as it lifted, turned out a lifting cable had jumped the turn wheel. The J.D Griffith repairman was friendly, professional and efficient. He fixed the problem without needing any new parts. The work was successfully finished in under half an hour and the garage door has worked great ever since.

Description of Work
Garage door repair

Category garage doors, garage builders, doors

Work Completed On 07/18/2020

03/03/2020

Mike L.

Following up on earlier post. Work went well once they arrived on site. Showed up on date selected and worked consistently until project was completed. Very happy with quality of finished project. Communication was much improved as the project went on.

Description of Work
New garage

Work Completed On 01/31/2020

Thank you for the updated review and giving us the opportunity to fix our mistakes. We appreciate your business!

12/19/2019

Mike L.

My salesman Jerry was very good in explaining my options and taking care of the design and initial sale. Problem came after I signed the contract. Communication has been terrible to non existent. I signed in August and was told I could get it done before the weather turned in November. Not even close. I work construction myself and understand that bad weather slows you down but not like this. Framing can be done in the cold. They don’t call forever. Then call One morning and ask if there concrete crew can come out. Perfect. At least that’s a start. They dug, and poured, and told me 2-3 weeks to start building. It’s been 8 and not one stitch of framing has started. No calls, no timeline, just silence. I paid my deposit and half of balance right after concrete was poured. Just sitting around waiting on them. At this point I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone. I’ll follow up if my garage ever gets built and let you know how the rest goes.

Description of Work
Garage build

Work Completed On 11/13/2019

Please refer to the updated review from [Member Name Removed] that was given after project was complete.

11/17/2019

Erik K.

Went very well. Steve was punctual, courteous, and quick to complete the service, making sure to check and grease all the joints. We now have a better functioning door than before the spring broke. Angie's list coupon was accepted without question.

Description of Work
Garage Door Spring Replacement

Work Completed On 11/14/2019

04/01/2019

Chris K.

We had the springs replaced 1st, and the service we received made it an easy call to have them back to do our new GDO. The guys were honest, they came early on both occasions, which was a blessing, and walked me through everything they did, and why they did it. From the secretary, to the gentleman (I’m bad with names, but think it was Brad) who set the appointment, to the service rockstars, I would highly recommend JD Griffiths to anyone/everyone who asks my opinion on a great crew to work on their home.

Description of Work
New garage door opener installed, and new springs.

12/12/2018

Dan N.

Great! Kevin was on time, efficient, and fun to talk to! One comment ... I had purchased the opener separately, but when Kevin arrived he told me I could have purchased a slightly better opener with installation from JD Griffiths for just about the same price and a better warranty. I was tempted, but kept the opener I had purchased due to time issues. (Kevin really DID NOT PRESSURE me at all.) If you're considering a new garage door opener, you might want to check ... I'd highly recommend JD Griffiths!

Description of Work
Install garage door opener

Work Completed On 12/06/2018

10/23/2018

Matt K.

Nice work. On schedule and was kept in the loop from the start. All teams were very responsive to any requests and changes.

Description of Work
Free standing two-car garage

Category garage builders

Work Completed On 10/23/2018

08/13/2018

Barb S.

Kevin was great and did the job in a very timely manner. I am totally pleased !!

Description of Work
new bottom track and new rollers

Work Completed On 08/13/2018

08/06/2018

Donald C.

On time as promised - no surprises - price $11 lower than quoted.

Description of Work
Replace garage door opener

Work Completed On 07/12/2018

07/24/2018

Marcella B.

It went well. The tech came on time, did the work quickly, and explained what he was doing. He was very knowledgeable and capable. It was a good experience and actually cost less than what was quoted on the phone. I would refer this business forward for others to use and I would most definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Replace springI

Work Completed On 07/24/2018

06/29/2018

Douglas K.

Excellent. On time. Efficient. Personable. Great follow-up. Explained part needed. Gave advice on where to get part in future if ever breaks again and even how to install it on your own if you have tools time and talent for it. Charged for service call only because was able to re-shape and re-use the old part. Would for sure recommend to anyone. These are good folks to work with.

Description of Work
Repair broken pulley wheel on garage door opener chain drive.

Work Completed On 06/29/2018

06/08/2018

Jennifer S.

They did the repair pretty much the same day I called. One of the pulley chains had snapped. They replaced both, so I should be good for a while.

Description of Work
Garage door mechanical repair

Work Completed On 06/08/2018

05/08/2018

GREG P.

We were very pleased. Shaun did a thorough job of explaining what they had to offer so that we got everything we needed, and didn't need. Wally did a great job with the install. We are very happy!

Description of Work
Replaced garage door

Work Completed On 05/02/2018

04/12/2018

Tim L.

Estimate process was quick & easy. Scheduling the work went well. Installer was helpful and friendly. The finished garage door looks great and the new frame looks OK (but just not great).

Description of Work
Garage door and frame replacement

Work Completed On 04/12/2018

02/21/2018

Ken M.

We got a quote from another company (Renovations Group Inc.) and JD Griffiths were $15,000 cheaper. They got to work right away and stayed on schedule till the end. The 2 carpenters that did all the building were super nice, and pleasant to deal with. This does not mean everything went perfect, but anything that was wrong was fixed immediately and with out complaint. They had forgotten to put the soffit vents in, but when asked about it, one of the carpenters came over on a Saturday to put them in. We ended up grilling out with him and his daughter. The garage door also was installed with the wrong hardware. It was supposed to be magnetic, but it was screwed in. The next week they replaced the door. We understand on a big project things are missed and mistakes are made. It is the service on how these problems are fixed that makes a great contractor. The service was top notch and much appreciated. We will hire them to rebuild our shed next.

Description of Work
Built a 2 story workshop with double entry and garage door.

Work Completed On 08/31/2017

Review for JD Griffiths Company Inc - 8401 W Calumet Rd, Milwaukee, WI - 36850976

02/06/2018

Marcella W.

Great job. Quick. Arrived as promised on an below zero day.

Description of Work
Rollers on garage door needed to be replaced and put on track.

Work Completed On 02/06/2018

12/05/2017

Patty M.

No job too small. They came out right away and fixed it promptly. He also lubed the track for no added cost. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
We had the rubber seal at the bottom of the garage door replaced.

Work Completed On 12/05/2017

10/15/2017

James M.

Excellent. I couldn’t be more pleased with the garage door, excellent service, and craftsmanship of the workers.

Description of Work
Replace garage door

Work Completed On 09/05/2017

10/12/2017

Marc or Katie B.

I was contacted 20 minutes prior to his arrival, and the serviceman, Kevin, was polite. Upon arrival, he surveyed the situation, told me what I needed, and how long it would take. All told, it was about 1-1.5 hrs, and he had all the work done, at a fair price. The doors have operated smoothly ever since.

Description of Work
We had two cables that had rusted out on two separate bay garage doors. Each door needed one replaced.

Work Completed On 10/06/2017

10/11/2017

CHARLENE L.

Efficient. Was able to just change out door, not door lift.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door.

Work Completed On 09/12/2017