Integrated Building Systems

Wisconsin: Trade
06/30/2025

11414 W Park Pl

Milwaukee, WI 53224

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Updated 200 Amp Residential Service

Updated 200 Amp Residential Service

electrician202053076
New owner of older home wanted to make several improvements to the home but each project seemed to need electricity. This was a problem because their electrical panel was full which prevented them from moving forward on several desired projects. like many older homes had a 60 amp service. They could have gone with a 100 amp service update with a new 30 circuit panel but they decided to plan for the future and went with a 200 amp 40 circuit panel. This choice will provide them enough power for all their current and future electrical needs. The young couple have in the back of their minds to purchase a hot tub in the near future and possibly an electric car in a few more years after that. Having a 200 amp service allows for those electrical loads where a 100 amp service possibly wouldn’t have.

A small but dedicated work force that provides above average service at reasonable rates. We want to help! Let us know what you are looking to have done. We strive to please. If you need any kind of electrical work from servicing existing to installing new we can help. Our team has years of experience to find and fix even the most troublesome electrical problem. Our years of experience also shows when we install new electric. From adding an electric dryer outlet to updating your electrical panel to wiring a new home or office or retail store, we will show you that experience matters. Poor layouts and wiring practices will haunt you forever. Avoid costly mistakes and hire the team that will work for you like we are the owners of the property. Each and every time your satisfaction is our only goal. If you are unsure of whether or not we offer a type of service please do not hesitate to call to discuss your concern. We also install Solar PV electrical systems, Solar Thermal (Heating of Water by the Sun) Systems, Security Cameras, Audio and Video Systems to complete Bar or Home Theater Systems. If you own a large Warehouse or factory and you are looking to change out some lighting or other equipment to become more energy efficient give us a call and you will be surprised on how we can help. Also I have financing and Leasing available for any type or size job listed above....

electrician (91)solar companies (2)lighting (26)ceiling fan installation (14)drywall (5)home security systems (3)home theater installation (1)

02/14/2021

Calogero C.

Adam was very professional. Very friendly, explained everything, knew what he was doing, and explained everything. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Recessed lighting in kitchen.

Category drywall,lighting

Work Completed On 02/14/2021

11/20/2020

Steven K.

The work went well. The service tech was very friendly and helpful. The work went quickly. He even looked at my bathroom ceiling exhaust fans and told me how I could upgrade them myself. I will definitely call them again for any future work.

Description of Work
Needed to upgrade a light switch with some confusing existing wiring.

Category lighting,home security systems

Work Completed On 11/20/2020

06/08/2020

Dave O.

Darren, Adam, and Mike did a great job installing the electrical panel and charging station. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Installing an Electrical Panel and Car Charger

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

Review for Integrated Building Systems - 11414 W Park Pl, Milwaukee, WI - 38626460

05/23/2020

Monty B.

The installation of the smart switches (18) were great. The inspection of the newly installed electrical panel revealed issues and they were able to bring up to code. The price was not the favorable as I feel like it was too expensive.

Description of Work
Installation of Smart Switches and Updated Secondary Electrical Panel

Category electrician,lighting

Work Completed On 05/23/2020

08/10/2019

Steven H.

Our electrician was Adam. He arrived right on time and from the very start he was courteous, conscientious, knowledgable, and professional. He explained what he was doing. He always asked before he would attempt to do something that might make additional work for me, such as making a small hole that would require repair. However, in every such instance, after asking permission, Adam figured out a different solution that didn't require any work from me. Adam finished all the contracted work well ahead of the predicted time. If anyone had not seen the rooms before Adam installed the new wiring and fixtures they would never be able to guess that alterations had occurred. When he left his entire work area was clean and in perfect order. Everything worked perfectly the moment Adam switched the power back on. I cannot speak highly enough of Adam's skill, attitude, professionalism, and capability. We first spoke with Darren, the principal, about contracting for the service. He explained clearly and directly what the work would entail, the problems that might arise, the likely amount of time required, and the costs involved. That initial conversation with Darren, along with the Angie's List reviews and rating, convinced us that we would be dealing with a reputable, high quality contractor. Our impression was borne out by our experience. Darren provided a ballpark estimate for the work. Because of Adam's efficiency and expertise, the actual cost came in well below what Darren had said might be the high-end figure. We are well satisfied with the services that Integrated Building Systems provided, would hire them again, and enthusiastically recommend them.

Description of Work
Wiring and installation of boxes for 2 ceiling fans in bedrooms

Category electrician,ceiling fans

Work Completed On 08/09/2019

Review for Integrated Building Systems - 11414 W Park Pl, Milwaukee, WI - 38037875

08/08/2019

Ryan C.

The service person was professional and identified the problem quickly. Only a small adjustment on the fan was needed not a replacement. He suggested since I was paying $200 for the service call if there was anything else I needed done he would be willing to do it. He asked if I’d be interested in changing one fixture out into a LED. I agreed. It was an additional $50. I found the service charge from this vendor to be considerably more than others

Description of Work
Service an attic exhaust fan

Work Completed On 08/08/2019

07/18/2019

jim O.

GREAT they were on time prepared and completed the work efficiently and professionally. Definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Had a circuit breaker replaced and updated

Work Completed On 07/09/2019

Thanks for the review, [Member Name Removed]! We look forward to working with you in the future!

07/15/2019

Robert W.

Over the phone, Darren talked me through a process of finding a second GFCI behind something stored in the garage. Once I reset it, power returned and my problem was solved. I can't thank him enough for working through this on the phone without charging me a fee. I enjoyed his professionalism and willingness to solve my problem without regard to personal benefit. I would definitely recommend him and his firm to anyone.

Description of Work
The power went out in our garage and I could not get it to return after resetting breakers, GFCE, etc.

Work Completed On 07/15/2019

You are so very welcome, [Member Name Removed]!

07/03/2019

michele H.

I called and left a message three weeks ago and never heard from them

Description of Work
Replace 5 ceiling fans

Category electrician,ceiling fans

Work Completed On 05/20/2019

[Member Name Removed], we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Unfortunately, we did not receive your message. Please feel free to call back & we would be happy to assist you.

02/07/2019

Greg P.

The team from Integrated Building Systems were very professional in their installation of both a solar photovoltaic array and a critical load panel that is powered via a battery backup system (automatically tapped during power outages). Darren is a hands-on owner, and was on site for most of the work. He sought out and was very receptive to my input, working with me to choose the best locations for all of the required hardware, taking into account efficiency, convenience, and aesthetics. As with many electrical projects, there was some need to cut holes that required repairs (in our case, in the drywall behind the existing electric supply, to route the solar output down to the meter location), but they were careful to align with the studs, and make precise, square cuts, which made it easier for us to patch and repair. Darren provided a detailed proposal which made it easy to evaluate the bid, and also provided all the required technical information for us to apply for necessary building and zoning permits (this will be specific to your locale). Darren was available (if needed, at an hourly rate) to attend the village meetings during our application process, but we were able to make the necessary presentations without him. ===> In summary, I am very happy with the flexible design of our solution and the resulting installation, and very satisfied with Darren and his team. I highly recommend Integrated Building Systems for your solar project and electrical project needs. <==== More project details follow: our system consists of 24 LG PV panels connected to Iron Ridge racking (3 panels high by 8 wide) sited on our south-facing roof, with an Enphase micro-inverter attached to each panel; these inverter outputs are combined in an attic-installed Enphase IQ Combiner and Envoy. Via the Envoy, our solar production can be monitored via web and smartphone apps. The solar system is grid-connected, and per utility requirements, a "sell" meter and solar panel cutoff were installed near our existing "buy" electric meter. The battery-backup system requires a charger and inverter (we have Magnum equipment to handle battery charging, inverter capabilities, automatic load switching, and battery monitoring). Our 8 rack-installed batteries provide upwards of 1400 (rated) amp hours supporting only a portion of our home circuits; depending upon our energy usage, we estimate perhaps 3 days of usage (in the absence of solar production) with longer duration backup during an outage depending on our ongoing energy consumption, as well as some sunny weather to recharge the batteries. NOTE - it is not necessary to install a battery-backup with a solar PV array. However - perhaps counter intuitively - a grid-connected solar system will not produce power during a power outage. (Grid-connected systems must be designed to automatically stop energy production when the grid is down). In order to produce solar power during a grid outage, you must have an independent source of power (to "trick" the electronics in the micro-inverters, allowing solar power to be produced), along with automatic transfer switches to the alternate power source and to cutoff the new source of power from the grid. Alternate power could be provided by a stand-by generator, or, as we chose, a battery backup. This backup can feed circuits in a critical load panel that is switched between the normal state (grid and/or solar) and outage state (batteries and/or solar). Suggested critical load circuits include those for furnaces, sump-pumps, refrigerators, freezers, microwave, selected light and outlet circuits - including circuits for a TV, radio, computer, and internet router, etc.

Description of Work
Solar PV Array and Battery-backup installation

Category electrician,solar panels

Work Completed On 12/23/2018

I couldn’t be happier with how the system turned out. I have to admit I’m envious of you because I want one too! I am so glad you are satisfied with our team and how everything came together. Your involvement and interest in every aspect of the project made each day fun and enabling. Systems like yours are not built as a kit and it takes a lot of thought to make an idea such as your system come alive. Reliability was my main goal and what I focused on each and every day. Thank you for noticing.

electrical, Solar PV, Solar Thermal, Complete Audio and Video installations, Aqua Air Wet/Dry built in total cleaning central vacuum system, Security Cameras, Electrical Service Panel Updates, Ceiling Fan installations, Dryer outlets, New 120 volt outlets, Light switches, Efficient LED Lighting upgrades, furnace & AC wiring, Recrooms, Additions, New Kitchens and Baths, Pool wiring, Hot tubs, New Electrical installs or Electrical repair in any sized building.

Not really sure call me to discuss.

PayPal, Check Available