Guenther Services

With Angi since November 2004

5712 S 21st St.

Milwaukee, WI 53221

Specializing in Handyman Services with 25 years of experience. Licensed and fully insured. All work is guaranteed. Free estimates. Warranties. Award winning....

04/13/2017

Peter C.

Chuck was responsive, prompt and professional.

Description of Work
Chuck did several small jobs for me - replacing exterior vents, windows, wood trim, screen door repair, etc. His work was very good.

Category decks, handyman service, siding, replacement windows, doors

09/12/2016

Peter C.

Chuck did a great job and would definitely use him again. Very good to work with, showed up on time as expected, and was high quality.

Description of Work
Porch railing, exterior air vent covers, door jam replacement, porch screen, window replacement.

Category decks, handyman service, siding, replacement windows, doors

07/25/2016

SUE D.

I called Guenther services Saturday morning to schedule an appointment. Mr. Guenther was busy, and not in cell phone range. He told me he would return my call later that day when we was in cell phone range. He never did return the call. Big red flag to me, not dependable or reliable. Moving on to another service company!

Description of Work
Minor home repairrs

08/21/2015

Jane B.

Chuck was on time, stayed on task, explained everything he was doing and completed the job exactly when he said he would. Quality workmanship throughout. He even did a couple other quick household repairs for me.

Description of Work
Replaced bathroom floor

04/23/2014

James D.

[This is Part Two of our review of Guenther Services] We contacted Chuck last fall and he agreed to install two sets of small porch railings. We purchased all of the necessary parts. One pair of railings was installed (see Part One of this review below), but Chuck never returned to install the second set. No explanation. We left several messages for him last fall which weren't returned. We called him for the final time several days ago (April 21, 2014) and that call hasn't been returned. We suggest that you pass on Guenther Services and look for someone else.

Description of Work
Nothing

01/01/2014

Mark J.

Chuck does amazing work! The description of the job does not accurately reflect the difficulty of it. We are so impressed with Chuck's work that we are hoping to have him come back to tackle additional projects for us.

Description of Work
Removed tile cemented into walls of kitchen and butler's pantry and drywalled the entire area.

Category doors

11/21/2013

James D.

[This is Part One of two reviews. See Part Two above] We called Chuck early in October 2013 and asked if he could install railings on our two small porches (about 3 ft. long). We explained that the railings come in kit form and that we were going to by them at Menard's. He said that he would check them out at Menard's and get back to us . He stopped over to give us an estimate and said we should go ahead and buy the kits. He told us he would be happy (his word) to install them and to call him when we had the kits. We bought the kits and called him. He explained that he had some personal issues (which we understood) and could not give us an installation date at that time. We finally arranged an installation date of Saturday Nov. 9th. Chuck arrived promptly and went to work. As the project progressed, he ran into some issues with the kit that he was not expecting. He was very patient and managed to work around the issues. It was obvious that the project was taking longer than Chuck had expected. At the end of the day he had not finished the first set of railings. He said that he would come back the next day, a Sunday, to finish the first set. We told him that he shouldn't have to work on a Sunday, but he insisted. He returned the next day and finished the first porch. At that time we asked when he could return to finish the second porch. Chuck told us that he receives a lot of calls due to his positive ratings on Angie's List, and admitted that had taken on too many jobs. He said he would be back "in a couple of days". About a week later we left a message on his answering machine. There was no reply. We called again a few days ago and he said "I will get there when I can". It is now the 3rd week of November. Temperatures are dropping. The holidays are just around the corner. We hope to see Chuck soon. I will update this review in few weeks to let you know how this ends. *************************************************************************************************************************************************** It is now March 1, 2014. We didn't expect Chuck to do any work over the winter, but we did think that we would hear from him with an explanation. That didn't happen. We will contact him again in a few weeks when the weather improves. Stay tuned...............

Description of Work
INSTALLED ONE OF TWO SETS OF PORCH RAILINGS.

08/29/2013

Janice E.

Estimates seemed reasonable, a little hight on some things. I remember not wanting to wait to have the services provided so i went with someone whose name I got from Menards.

Description of Work
Gave an estimate on various repairs needed on my home

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling

08/10/2013

Gary N.

It went great. Chuck was very responsive. He came over the very next day to check on the job and see if he could fix it quickly. It turned our to be more involved. He came back the next day at 9AM. The job took about an hour or so. It got fixed faster than I thought it would. The price was fine. It always pays to hire highly qualified people to do any type of home repairs. I would highly recommend Chuck, and Guenther Services.

Description of Work
Fixed an interior pocket door that had gone off the track.

Category handyman service, doors

07/15/2013

Barbara T.

Chuck was very friendly but very professional and seems to know how to do almost any household repair. He was also very clear about what he could not (or would not) do and gave suggestions about how we might get those tasks done. He wasted no time completing the jobs, which was important to us as he charged by the hour. He even completed a couple of on-the-spot requests that we had not thought of during his estimate interview. We are very grateful that we were able to find someone to do the handyman chores that we can no longer do!.

Description of Work
Repaired pipe under laundry sink, did some minor carpentry, repaired light fixture in bathroom, tightened old door knobs, reattached towel rods that had pulled out of plaster wall, etc.

Category handyman service, lighting, plastering, plumbing, woodworking, doors

05/27/2013

VICKIE W.

He was great! Because he happened to be in my area when I called he was able to stop by to look at what needed to be done. He was able to fit the job in quickly. On time, friendly, worked with and around the landscaping I was having done. Took away old door and left the area clean. Would definitely call for other jobs in the future.

Description of Work
replaced the service door of my garage.

Category doors

05/17/2013

William B.

Charlie figured out how these paired windows worked (with pulleys on the weights) and we were able to get all of them repaired and working. He went down to a window and door place and found some weights to replace the missing ones and did an excellent job repairing them without destroying or marring the beautiful wood finish on the sills and sashes. He was a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
I had four double hung windows in a 100 year old home that had "lost" their ropes and weights.

Category handyman service, replacement windows

03/04/2013

Rebecca W.

He was always reachable by phone and was on time. I found him to be professional, punctual, efficient, personable and hardworking. He seems knowledgeable about all aspects of home repair. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Charles Guenther re-caulked a full-sized bathtub with tile to the ceiling, and did some other small jobs.

01/22/2013

Michael R.

The project scope was to reconfigure and rebuild a 55 year old, 300 SF, three season screen room. The room was reduced in size to approximately 240 SF and rebuilt with cedar inside and out. All windows were replaced with typical house style Jeld-Wen windows. New exterior lighting was installed along the rear of the house in the area of the screen room. Charles Guenther of Guenther Services performed all work including rough carpentry, finish carpentry, window replacement, aluminum soffit/ceiling installtion, wall and door installation, concrete sawing and minor electrical work. He also provided a great contact for concrete work and aided in the installation of a new patio adjacent to the screen room. I was very pleased with every aspect of the work performed by Mr. Guenther. He is very friendly and a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Rebuilt 3 Season Screen Room.

Category remodeling

10/11/2012

John A.

He was prompt and courteous. He completed the job in a timely manner and did a great job on the work he completed. He charges $50 an hour.

Description of Work
I have used Chuck three times. He did outdoor deck repair, installed a couple of flower hooks on the front of the house, repaired both of our toilets, fixed a light fixture, and fixed both spouts on the bathtubs.

Category decks, handyman service

09/02/2012

Steven R.

It went tremendously well. My wife and I are absolutely delighted with the quality of his work and would not hesitate to use him again or recommend him to others. In fact, I am already talking to Chuck about coming to install can lighting in our family and living rooms. Chuck is always in demand because of the quality of his work. He stands by the work that he does and he is very upfront about his prices, etc. Furthermore, Chuck was able to recommend a great electrician to perform a service upgrade at my home. He has an excellent network of top notch people in other trades that he has worked with over the years. Our kitchen looks like we spent well over 10,000 dollars and people are amazed that they are the same cabinets that have been given a facelift. He did a very thorough job of sanding and preparing the cabinets and hanging plastic sheeting to protect other areas of the home from the fine mist of paint spray. He meticulously primed, painted, and touched up areas until it looked perfect. He was very receptive to feedback and it was a joy to have him work on our home. He was very friendly and even made friends with our dog. Chuck Guenther is just a great guy all round and I am truly delighted with the results. I would definitely recommend Chuck if you are interested in high quality work at a fair price. His prices aren't the cheapest but you get what you pay for and he stuck to his original quote even though it ended up being quite a bit more labor than he originally intended. Chuck is definitely a master craftsman and it shows in his work. A+

Description of Work
Chuck did a variety of jobs for us over the period of a couple of weeks. + Complete restoration and painting of our kitchen cabinets with modern style hidden hinges. + Installation of over range microwave (which included modifications to the overhead cabinet). + Installation of fan and vent for microwave/range including siding work and electrical. + Installation of new elegant trim around the top of the cabinets. + Restoration/re-staining of shoe molding around base of cabinets. + Installation of fan in master bedroom + Other handyman tasks that Chuck took care of without even being asked (siding around entrance pillars and an issue with a door jam).

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, cabinet refacing

08/14/2012

JANINE T.

Never called me back, nor came over to even look at the jobs as he said he would. I contacted him by phone, and got the impression he was sorry he had picked up the phone. i wish he would have been honest and said he was too busy, rather than lead me to believe he would be willing to do the work...but, then never follow through.

Description of Work
Needed numerous small repairs; outside motion lights replaced, shower head replaced, closet door fixed etc.

08/07/2012

Cheryl T.

Ematly's came out and was professional, gave quote on spot. We went with different contractor. Rate the other 2 contractors poor. Ematly's was very good.

Description of Work
Charlie from Guenther told my husband he would mail quote within 1 week, never did, no call to let us know not interested in job. Mike Zimmer from Zimmer Construction 414-213-3201 3630 E Tirch Ave said he would call with quote, never did.

Category handyman service, remodeling

06/14/2012

Peter M.

Charles did the work promptly and for a fair price. There were even a few times when the excavation offered some opportunities to access area we'd never reach otherwise. He rushed over and did some repairs during those small windows of opportunity. He never left a mess and his work was of very high quality. The whole process went very smoothly.

Description of Work
I was laid up after eye surgery. At the same time some extensive repairs to the foundation of our home were needed. I wasn't allowed to lift things, not even my head. Charles came to the rescue and performed a number of tasks. He was able to do some required demolition and rebuilding of some interior walls once the foundation work was complete.

Category handyman service, remodeling

03/13/2012

Albert H.

He had more of the skills that I needed. He was prompt and very good. The work he did was very good. It was really a series of different jobs, and he handled all of them quite well. He did a very good job in one time. The price was reasonable, though I cannot remember the exact cost, and there was no problem. I would recommend him. I found him through Angie's list. I went through the contractors who listed similar services that I wanted. I contacted three of them for estimates, but the other two looked at one of the jobs and we had to have somebody else to do the other jobs, but he looked at it and said he could do it without any problems, so that is where I went with him. Also, a couple of the other estimates were really much higher than what he charged. It was a series of little jobs which were quite a few of them, so he was here for about 3 days. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Guenther Services to get a variety of different jobs done. They fixed the siding and did some concrete work, minor electrical work and some drywall too.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, siding

02/24/2012

Diane B.

Chuck responded promptly to my inquiry and did a good job at a fair price.

Description of Work
Replaced the pump mechanism in the toilet tank.

Category handyman service, plumbing, remodeling

02/21/2012

Michael P.

They did a good job in a timely manner and the price was fair.

Description of Work
They did some plumbing and chimney work in my home.

Category plumbing, chimney repair

12/08/2011

Albert H.

I am extremely pleased with what he did. He got me an estimate for under 1000. He came in under his price. He did excellent work and worked quickly. I am going to have him do more work in the spring.

Description of Work
He did drywall, electrical, and masonry.

Category remodeling

12/08/2011

MATTHEW B.

Everything went smoothly. The areas were clean at the end of construction. The new windows and molding look and function very well.

Description of Work
Replaced 7 old large casement windows with new replacement windows and installed crown molding in the master bedroom.

Category remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking

11/05/2011

Jude L.

His work was good, and had good advice. The price was reasonable and we used a coupon that he had posted on Angie's List. He was able to come with in 1-2 days to complete the job, which was very weather sensitive. He was very personable.

Description of Work
He fixed a hole in the soffit of our roof, where animals were getting in, and trimmed a tree back.