Gene A Wagner Plumbing Co Inc

Founded 1969 • With Angi since May 2000

2017 S 60th St

Milwaukee, WI 53219

10 employees. Plumbing contractor. Use subs. Master plumber license. Have over 45 years experience in plumbing. Master plumber on staff. Additional email info@genewagnerplumbing.com.

10/06/2022

David K.

Gene Wagner Plumbing just installed a new Rheem water heater and the work was outstanding! Prompt arrival and the installation was done in a timely, professional manner. Tim, the installer, updated several valves and did a fantastic job. We highly recommend Gene Wagner Plumbing!

Description of Work
Water Heater Installation

Category water heater repair

01/03/2022

D R.

Got a new countertop installed and needed them to hookup plumbing for my new sink. The plumber was there for a half hour and cut pipes for my new under mount sink but needed to come back after 24 hours after countertop was installed. My schedule conflicted due to work so I ended up hooking up my sink myself. They billed me for the half hour $205 dollars. I called and questioned why and they said it included travel time. Why would a customer pay for travel time?!? This is ridiculous and I was recommended this company by a coworker who said it was reputable. I don’t think so! I wonder how much my bill would’ve been had he completed the entire job. How do they live with themselves. I would NOT recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Install new faucet/sink

Category plumbing, home remodeling

05/30/2019

michael K.

Very very outstanding. It's a little expensive. Very professional. They know what they're doing. He calls before he come over.

Description of Work
Leak in the faucet.

04/04/2019

JOHN & Sonya F.

Provided same day service with a smile. Dave was very understanding about our new, agitated rescue dog.

Description of Work
Clean out bathroom sink drain and replaced P-trap.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

09/24/2018

chris B.

Called to request cost of side venting water heater. I was told the cost was approximately $1800 and told not all houses can do a side vent. I asked if they had someone available for an estimate the same day since I was off. Nothing was mentioned about a cost for an estimate. I received a call few hours later someone was available, again no mention of a charge. Estimator came out and told me side vent is possible and gave a verbal estimate, $2400 to $2800. The estimator said nothing about a charge and did not offer a written estimate or bill. I was shocked to receive a $150 bill in the mail. I called and explained nothing was said about a charge and was told they typically do not charge for estimates and I would receive a call. Still waiting for that call

Description of Work
Estimate install side venting water heater

01/22/2018

Mark B.

Got it done, sometimes it pays to know you actually did do a good job of trying to fix it yourself. Then when the expert comes, and does the same and can't fix. At that point it is worth watching what comes next. In this case, it was the thing that worked.

Description of Work
Drainage / Leakage

01/05/2018

DOUGLAS K.

We have a small kitchen sink cabinet, that was going to be difficult to get into to change out the leaking Kohler Faucet that was installed 12 years ago when we remodeled the kitchen. The Granite counter top space between the back of the sink and the wall was very small (see picture), and the sink was really deep, there was no way I could even come close to doing this job myself. I just used Gene A Wagner Plumbing this morning for a kitchen sink faucet replacement. Karl showed up exactly on time, and was done and out in less than an hour and a half. Did an excellent job, worked clean, very personable, and the best price I found for the job, after calling several of the plumbers on this list, and not even getting the courtesy of a call back.. Excellent service, and will be my go to for plumbing work in the future.

Description of Work
Change out the leaking Kohler Faucet that was installed 12 years ago when we remodeled the kitchen.

12/29/2017

Russell H.

The first plumber that I called, assured me that a hot water heater replacement job would cost around $1000. However after he got here, the price somehow escalated to a little over $1300. Had I been told that over the phone, I would have saved him a trip and myself the cost of a $62 service call fee. Although I have hired Gene Wagner's Plumbing on three other separate occasions, I decided to maybe cheap it out this time. Bad decision... 3 hours after making the call to Gene Wagner's, I had a new installed Rheem hot water heater and the plumber was on his way to his next client. That call saved me $300. Lessons learned....

Description of Work
When I went downstairs this morning, I discovered a large pool of water on the basement floor. Our nearly 20yo 40 gal. hot water heater was leaking water.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

12/06/2017

BETH B.

We went with Gene Wagner again because they did a great job the last time we had a plumbing problem. It was late afternoon on a Friday and we figured it would be Monday at the earliest before someone could come but they were able to fit us in. The plumber called when he was on his way, arrived at a reasonable time, and went right to work. Even got along great with the dog! Would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Leaking pipe in the basement

08/30/2017

Sally K.

It went well. Considering, it was very bad project that could've gone good or bad. It was finished very satisfactorily. He cleaned up very well and didn't leave any mess. He was on time. He did beyond expectations. He also gave is a number of drywallers that could fix the wall that puts a little job. They told us how to prepare for the replacement of the drywall.

Description of Work
Replace the rotted piping and fix the faucet.

08/27/2017

Almir O.

Inexperienced! Terrible service. You would think that a plumber who is supposed to be the expert would check to see if water pressure is isolated to a specific are rather than across the house. This guy shows up, takes advantage of an older couple, replaces a piece of pipe which has nothing to do with the issue at hand and then charges $250 for his labor. On top of that he suggests that every single pipe throughout the house must be replaced to resolve the issue. What kinda person takes advantage of an older couple like that. You should be ashamed of yourself. Root cause of the problem = water heater. Problem fixed. For services call Cox Plumbing. Much better experience, they serve entire Milwaukee area and they will work with you to understand the problem before start charging you arm and a leg for something non-related. BEWARE of this place. Cheers!

Description of Work
Find the cause of low water pressure. Root cause was water heater.

08/23/2017

Norma H.

Dave and Dave did a wonderful job and even the scheduler was awesome.

Description of Work
I had a leaky bathroom sink and Dave and Dave came in and did a wonderful job and a low cost. Great job guys!

Mary E.

We like them an awful lot. We have had a number of small things that they have done for us. I think they are great. It's a little pricey to do plumbing work, but I'm sure it's comparable to anyone else. The cost was normal. I don't think it was exorbitant. The price was adequate for what they did. For what they did, I don't think the price was too much. They are pretty responsive. The quality is very good. We want to adopt Karl. They are right on time when they say they are going to come. Without a doubt, we would use them again. I have recommended them to my neighbor next door. We have used them for about five years.

Description of Work
They cleaned all of our pipes out and fixed something else.

Mary E.

We had just moved in and in two weeks we had a sewer back up. We had to find a plumber in the area, because we lived many miles from here before. They were great, and have been using them ever since. Without a doubt, I would use them again. Karl is like family. We would like to adopt him and just have him stay here if we ever have a plumbing issue. He's local and knows the neighborhood.

Description of Work
We had a little sewer back up.

Mary E.

I have used them every year since we have moved here. If I didn't like them the first time, I wouldn't re-hire them. I have had contractor's from hell, and these people are great. I thought that Karl was very personable and easy going. I felt very comfortable having him walking around our basement.

Description of Work
They cleaned all of our pipes out.

Mary E.

Karl gets the job done. I think it's a big job to go sticking equipment into your pipes to clean them all out. He has to take out all of the dead roots and things like that. He is just a very easy going guy to work with.

Description of Work
They clean the pipes every year.

Mary E.

Karl always comes out and leaves the area wonderful. It's a dirty job, and he walks out of here spotless.

Description of Work
They clean the pipes.

08/06/2017

ROBERT S.

He arrived on time and spent about three hours to do the installation. He made sure that everything worked properly and that there were no leaks.

Description of Work
The plumber installed a new kitchen sink, faucet and garbage disposal.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

06/26/2017

Carole H.

Excellent - very professional & reasonable price considering it was after hours.

Description of Work
Basement sink pipe sprung leak. Had to shut off water to house to stop flood. Called GW Plumbing & they were able to have someone out within about hour. We couldn't leave water off until we could have regular schedule appointment, so it was after hours call. Service guy looked @ problem, gave us options, fixed & was done within about hour.

06/22/2017

JOSE K.

The plumber was not able to repair it . The faucet stem must have been 50 years old and he did not carry those kind of parts with him. I tried myself before calling him without any luck because I could not find the parts at the hardware store either, that is why I decided to call him. So he told me where I could find the parts and he put back the old damaged one in the mean time. He tried to fix it and gave me advice. So in my case worked out because now I know where to get the parts to make simple repairs. The way I see it, I was happy to pay for the consulting. I would hire them back for real plumbing work.

Description of Work
Replace the shower faucet stem.

06/14/2017

Dan K.

Plumber made quick work of it, and it's not leaking.

Description of Work
replacement of pipe from basement to hose bibb

06/13/2017

Matt B.

Great. Quick and painless. They were able to get my job in the same day I called, and were in and out in a few hours. The plumber was efficient, knowledgeable, and friendly. A great experience.

Description of Work
Water heater installation

Category plumbing, water heater repair

04/26/2017

William S.

They showed up on time and did a very quick job. We would definitely use them.

Description of Work
They installed gas in our kitchen for a stove we bought.

04/10/2017

Laura D.

Scott was very helpful and friendly. The work was performed quickly and the whole process was much easier than expected.

Description of Work
We needed our house hooked up to city water

04/07/2017

Brad E.

Very knowledgable plumber with 32 years experience did an excellent job locating the problem and fixing it quickly. Also cleaned up everything nicely after the job. The hourly rate was $25 less than another local plumber I contacted. Overall, excellent job and I'd highly recommend.

Description of Work
Leaking pipe behind walls.

JCR Landscaping Services LLC

Over 15 years of experience. We have worked mainly in the Southeast area of Wisconsin. Although we do branch out to other areas. Any Time, Any Day, Any Place We'll Be There!

2022 Super Service Award

SpringRock Gutters

Springrock Gutters has been proudly serving the Greater Chicagoland and Greater Milwaukee areas since 2010. We provide the highest quality gutters and Gutter Protection products with the best customer service. We offer free, no-hassle estimates while sparing you the drama of the sales pitch. We offer seamless gutters custom made at your home or we can install our Gutter Covers right onto existing systems saving you money. All workers are Springrock Employees.

2022 Super Service Award

Jamie Conklin Lakeshore Services LLC

In business since 1980 with a reputation for quality service & customer satisfaction.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Repairs. Code violation work. Sewer & drain cleaning. Sewer & water line repairs & installation. Water heater installation. Fixture replacement. Gas line repairs &0 installations. Sump pump & sanitary ejector pump installation. Radiator replacement for radiant heating.

Boilers. Forced air furnaces. Mobile homes.