Dickenschrauf Plumbing Solutions

Founded 2010 • With Angi since July 2011

11800 W Ripley Ave

Milwaukee, WI 53226

Cost is determined by the job. Charges a flat rate. Some service can be done at an hourly rate as well.

02/02/2019

Anne R.

Responded quickly, finished the job in less than an hour and we now have water! We have used them before and found that they are excellent to work with and at a time when people were having a hard time getting someone to respond, they were there for us and Chris couldn't have been nicer.

Description of Work
Water pipe burst

10/06/2016

MICHAEL &CHRISTINE D.

You know my initial reaction with them was great when we redid our kitchen, everything went really great and now that I'm asking them to come back and do other things it's been dreadful and so I recommended them to my next door neighbor and they never came for her and they never called her to tell her why so that was really rude. She needed a pipe moved because she was putting in a new deck so it was like they would have had the job had they shown up. It was really annoying. So the guy when he finally came this time they stick it way too low on the house and they actually just turned it sideways instead of having it facing down so you actually attach a hose to it cause I think you maybe had to put a whole new line to make it hard but you don't want me to cut through the masonry and la la la and he was right I don't want to do that. But if you could just turn the head around that's awesome. On the back of the house they didn't have one of those new stickets that when you turn it off it kind of sucks all the water into the house. So I guess the cartridge on the back of the house was broken and he knew this was some sort of warranty issue and they had put it on for me so I was a little surprised they didn't call me and tell me that I needed it replaced and it was leaking so I asked them to come and replace it and so he has taking it apart and he hasn't come back. And this has been over three weeks and I have called them and I haven't heard from them. So I understand that the manufacturer didn't get the part you know I get that you could tell me right.

Description of Work
I use Dickenschrauf Plumbing Solutions for plumbing services.

10/06/2016

MICHAEL &CHRISTINE D.

Terrific A+ all the way through. They came when they said they were gonna come.

Description of Work
I use Dickenschrauf Plumbing Solutions for plumbing services. They remodeled my bathroom.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

04/08/2016

Ken I.

Extremely well. We were overwhelmed and didn't know what to do. He answered the phone after hours and made time the very next morning. He was patient and professional. Wonderful experience.

Description of Work
We had a leak in our main bathroom. Ryan quickly diagnosed the problem, ran out to get a part, and then fixed it.

02/24/2016

JENNIFER R.

Friendly, prompt, quick dagnosis of the problem and my dishwasher now works perfectly!

Description of Work
dishwasher repair

12/22/2015

john T.

Came to look at a water pressure issue. Expected it to be something major and they found a small issue that was easily fixed. Will be using them on any future plumbing work.

10/17/2015

Amy E.

Ryan was prompt with coming over to look at my shower and give me an estimate. He helped me order the parts I needed - no complaints there. The issue was his responsiveness. The first day he had to reschedule and offered me a discount, OK. Then they came and they installed the wrong part (chrome versus stainless steel). He said the other part was late and that they would come back to correct it. A few weeks later I hadn't heard anything so I reached out again. No response. Another 2 weeks passed and he said the part came in (this was a month later now). I said great, when can you come? No response. I paid the company HALF of my bill with a note saying that I would be happy to pay the balance upon completion of the job. I never heard anything again. It wasn't worth continuing to reach out, so for now I will live with a chrome plate on a stainless steel handle. I continue to be amazed by bad customer service at service companies.

Description of Work
Repaired a "hissing" noise, installed all new fixturing (shower head, faucet, drain, etc).

08/22/2015

John C.

Had scheduled work to begin Aug. 6th 2015 at 8:30 AM to have a replacement of drain pipes reworked and a shower base installed in our main bathroom. Following is the TEXT Message correspondence received. NO SHOW! called and left message with Ryan. Ryan: Hey john I apologize I had you written down for Tuesday the 12th(Aug 6, 10:50 Me: So does this mean you will be here to do the job at 8:30 am to do our bathroom installations and pipe rework on Tuesday Aug. 12, 2015?Aug 6, 10:54 AM Ryan: Yes ? Aug 6, 3:43 PM Me: Ryan Just need to verify the date with you for your commitment for Tuesday, which is August 11th so that I can plan for the work on that day and not Wednesday the 12th? Aug 6, 10:26 PM Please let me know for sure. Thanks .Aug 7, 1:48 PM Tuesday the 11tg( ? Aug 7, 1:57 NO SHOW AGAIN! Call and left message to Ryan. Ryan: I am trying to track down guys they had an emergency call at 7 and the were heading by u ? Aug 11, 10:31 AM Me: Just want to know why you told me you would do the bathroom job when you clearly didn't want the work? Why did you jerk me around and leave me hanging? Aug 12, 9:21 AM Ryan: I truly apologize I am short three guys since last Thursday due to vacation and been running around like crazy. I put a check in the mail this morning for 100 for the inconvenience I have caused you. the soonest I could get there would be late next week if you don't have anyone else lined up. This guy should have known he had workers scheduled for vacation BEFORE he committed to do our job. What a bunch of BS! PS...Still waiting to see the check in the mail!

Description of Work
BEWARE OF THIS OUTFIT! Scheduled to do work for us two different dates and both were a NO SHOW AND NO CALL AHEAD! Hire at your own risk!

Category plumbing, drain pipe, home remodeling

Again I truly apologize for the inconvenience we caused you on your project it is not an acceptable way of business here. I will follow up with the office staff when they get in this morning to see where the check got sent to.

06/15/2015

ericka G.

All went well, they were professional and timely.

Description of Work
Cleared the drain in a bathroom rental unit, they were prompt and did a great job.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

06/03/2015

Leon S.

They showed up on time, were somewhat rude to my friend who let them into the area. Took approximately 30 minutes to cut the pipe, install a ball valve, and cap the whole thing off. Capped it off because taking the spigot out 'was too hard'. All in 30 minutes worth of effort $200. pretty outrageous.

Description of Work
Cut one pipe (burst pipe to outdoor spigot), added valve, capped off valve....total time 30 minutes

Category plumbing

Good Morning, I am sorry you were not satisfied with what was done. I wish you would have called and we would of been happy to go over the billing or the project that was completed.

04/22/2015

Andy R.

Arrived on time, quick install, and excellent service.

Description of Work
Ran gas line for a new range, and ran water line for a refrigerator.

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

04/17/2015

bj W.

responsive, timely, nice guys to work with.

Description of Work
Installed shower mixer valve, replaced toilet waste fitting

04/10/2015

Karen D.

It went well I may use him for future projects. He had a special out which is why I called him for a quote.

Description of Work
Came in to quote stacking of front load washer and drier. Quote was average.

04/07/2015

Jane N.

Service person came on time, was polite, did the work quickly. Great job and I have called this company several times and each time I have been very pleased.

Description of Work
Repaired a leaking faucet and fixed a toilet that was not flushing well

03/26/2015

Adrian P.

Our water heater broke and it was an emergency. It was a Saturday morning and those were the only guys that responded promptly. They came right away and saw what the problem was. They were very professional and everything went fine. I can’t compare the price but I think it was fine.

Description of Work
We used Dickenschrauf Plumbing Solutions to install a new water heater.

Category water heater repair

03/03/2015

George R.

Was very punctual. Great responsiveness and service

Description of Work
Snaked clogged drain

02/24/2015

Jacqueline M.

Very nice guy, right down to business. In 20 minutes, he had my old disposal out and the new one in (same one I had before - Badger 5 1/2 hp). Total cost was to have been $260 but he reminded me that as a first time Angie's List customer, I got $25.00 off my bill - so $235.00 total. Would definitely call Dickenschrauf again.

Description of Work
He replaced my garbage disposal.

02/04/2015

Sharon S.

Snaked the drain to 60 feet and said he encountered an obstruction.. He said he would have the office call me to arrange and appointment to inspect the drain with a camera. No one has called us and I received a bill at the end of the month for $ 195.00 which seemed pretty expensive, since the service provider was here for 22 minutes from the time he entered the house until he was back in his truck. I am disappointed that the follow-up call was not made and that the charge was that high. We are in the process of having both a bathroom and the kitchen remodeled and had hoped to find a connection to a good Wauwatosa plumber, but we clearly did not luck out here. Also, we did not get the promised Angie's list discount (told the person on the phone that we got the name on the list) or the senior citi zen discount, although I am 78 and my husband is 81-I think we qualified!!

Description of Work
tried to open sewer drain in basement

Category plumbing

I apologize for the missed communication in regards to the job. I will send out a check for the senior discount that should of been applied. As far as the rates go we have set pricing for drain cleaning I understand that yours went fast but if we would of been there two hours the price would of been the same.

12/30/2014

Kathleen G.

Great, here at 2:00 and left at 2:30

Description of Work
Cleared a sewer line

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

12/16/2014

Sean F.

I think I dealt with four different guys at different times, but all of them were nice and easy to deal with. Everything turned out great. I actually called them back out a few months later to fix a leaky pipe in my basement as well, and that went really well also, so to answer the question, "Would you hire them again? - Yes."

Description of Work
Helped with an attic conversion. I added a full bathroom in an empty attic that had a stack and hot and cold pipes already there. They did all the rough in of the pipes, poured a shower base for a walk in tile shower, and came back to do all the install and finishing work.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

11/14/2014

June A.

Have had repeated problem with this line and have had house lines snaked in the past. This time I had the main line (big 4 inch) line cleaned. 1 week later, the same problem began. I called the plumber back and they said it must be some improper plumbing that I had done by a remodeler and I should call someone who does plumbing along with drain cleaning. I went to Angie's List and called Dickenschrauf and they came out and cleaned the line again. Suggested two things. Because it is quite a long sewer line at almost 90 feet to the septic tank and the new toilet installed is 2-stage that uses less water for quick flush and more water if you hold down the flush lever, perhaps not enough water is being flushed most of the time. Secondly, if this occurs again, I should strongly think about having them look at the line with a camera to make sure there is no break or shifting of the long line that creates a blockage. I appreciate the quick response and the long term advice to help me in the future.

Description of Work
Cleaned main sewer to septic tank.

09/22/2014

JOHN S.

I give them five stars complete satisfaction. I like their personality. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used them for plumbing.

Category drain pipe, drain cleaning

09/02/2014

Sean L.

The company responded quickly to my Angie's List request. They claimed they could see me that day or next day. Later in the day they said it would have to be tomorrow. That was three days ago - no contact since. Don't waste your time with this outfit.

Description of Work
Basic plumbing

08/21/2014

JoAnn I.

He saved himself the trip and saved me a lot of money. On the phone he asked me to check the circuit breaker which I had done and was OK. He then made a couple more suggestions and finally told me to locate the red button on the bottom of the disposal and push it which we did and VOILA it was working again. Many thanks Ryan - even my 13 year old grandson commented later in the day that what you did was awesome!!!

Description of Work
My garbage disposal stopped working. Called Ryan to come out and repair it.

08/14/2014

Karen B.

We picked out a toilet brand/design that we wanted. Ryan was on time and quickly pulled out the old toilet and replaced it with the new toilet. We have used this company in the past for sump pump replacement, iron filter replacement, pressure tank replacement, and water softener replacement. We always have excellent service from this company.

Description of Work
Replaced toilet

Category plumbing, water softeners

Best Sewer and Drain cleaning

KruseScape

Family ran and locally owned company, specializing in all your land management needs, including excavation, exterior piping, land clearing, demolition, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Subterranean

Subterranean is an expert in unearthing and solving underground plumbing issues. We will diagnose the problem with advance camera and cleaning systems and provide a recommendation that meets your needs. We specialize in: Replacing rusted cast iron pipe under your basement floor Removing house traps Repair or replace your sewer lateral Relining your sewer lateral Repairing or replacing water service

American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, Financing Available

Residential & commercial plumbing, copper re-piping, drain cleaning, gas pipe repair, water heaters, pipe repair, sewer & drain cleaning, sewer line repair & replacement, tankless heater & video pipe inspection.