Community Roofing & Restoration

Founded 1975 • With Angi since May 2000

1776 N Water St

Milwaukee, WI 53202

A full service roofing company. In our early years, we focused on products and services that were primarily "functional," i.e. stopping leaks and renewing roof systems in the most cost-effective way possible. This includes re-roofs with asphalt and fiberglass shingles, "tear-offs," repairs, small and medium sized flat roofs, and aluminum gutters. We have serviced about 4,000 clients along these lines. Lately we have begun to branch out into restoration projects that are as much "art" as function, e.g. slate, tile and copper work. Additional DBA - Community Roofing & Restoration Inc....

4.4

roofing (59)gutter repair (13)chimney repair (4)siding companies (4)general contractors (2)asbestos removal (1)skylight installation (1)window replacement (1)gutter cleaning (1)

12/03/2020

Anne G.

Owner Josh Fraundorf, what is going on? Clearly Community Roofing has snubbed founder James Godsil. I paid a significant deposit for my job in person in June and waited eight weeks without hearing a project start date. Concerned by lack of communication, I went to the Prospect office twice to ask for a start date and color samples for shingles and siding. Both times the office could not locate samples in the showroom and promised a follow up call from the sales team. In September after a third visit to the office, a sales associate agreed to meet me at my workplace to show me samples. He forgot to write down my preferences and no record was kept. September went by. Crickets from your company. I call in October and learn a staff member has been fired. The next day, a pile of material is dropped off in the alley. The office staff is bewildered. There are no records of my job on their calendar. They put me off until the middle of October and remove the pile of material. Once Community Roofing confirms my job is on their calendar the sales guy asks me what materials and colors I want. I visit the office for the fourth time. They have roof samples, no siding samples. The week before Thanksgiving, the job begins. The roofers worked well into the night and, not surprisingly, hung fascia board incorrectly. It is not even. A realtor, a general contractor and another roofer agree it was done improperly. Community Roofing will not correct the mistake. Community Roofing left tools, nails of every size, debris all over my property. They abandoned the huge dumpster in front of my house. The sales team does not return my calls and, Mr. Fraundorf, they cannot remember your contact information. Who would recommend this company? Josh Fraundorf, what is going on?

Description of Work
Single layer roof tear off and replace, fascia and soffit

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 11/27/2020

12/03/2020

Duane S.

Could not ask for better service. Called community roofing and restoration and I received a very reasonable quote and the repair was done within 10 days. All representatives and professionals were knowledgeable and courteous. Community Roofing & Restoration thank you very much Duane Spath

Description of Work
Wind damage roof repair

Category roofing, asbestos removal

Work Completed On 12/03/2020

03/25/2020

Mark M.

Scott and crew were outstanding. The job went smoothly from estimating to finish. Hard workers. Their attention to detail was also excellent. Property was totally free of nails when they were done and they also cleaned any stray marks from falling debris. Thank you Community!

Description of Work
Roof tear off (3 layers) and re-shingle

Work Completed On 03/25/2020

09/17/2019

Brooke T.

It was really disorganized, disappointing and I feel like it's still not finish. Never got a receipt for my payment and I was really really disappointed. The former owner asks me for a payment which I already made. Failure with the communication, but they're actual workers were good.

Description of Work
They did full roof and gutters.

Work Completed On 09/17/2019

10/15/2018

Perry L.

Josh and his people were timely, quality-minded people who know what they are doing. So many fly-by-night, know-nothing roofers are out there, it was great to find a company that knows what it is doing. Cleanup was exceptional.

Description of Work
Complete Reroofing and gutter replacement

Work Completed On 05/15/2018

08/22/2018

RONALD O.

They came out for an estimate and never heard from them again.

Description of Work
Window & Door replacement.

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 07/18/2018

06/18/2018

Terry M.

Excellent work.Russ and his crew did a great job on my house.Fast and precise work done cleaned up everything and were very polite.Would recommend this company to family and friends.

Description of Work
Soffit and facia

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 06/14/2018

05/21/2018

Nancy F.

Josh and Jake are great to work with. Jake has taken a lot of classes and is a pro at mold issues within an attic. I am a Realtor and rely on his opinions heavily. He enjoys educating people about mold issues and is concerned about the safety of people relative to mold. He will come and evaluate a situation as a complimentary service. Jake is a great guy. This kind of concern and giving is rarely seen in life today. Most businesses charge a fee of $100+ to do an estimate and expect to get the work. I highly recommend Community Roofing.

Description of Work
Evaluation of roof/attic condition

Work Completed On 08/14/2017

12/13/2017

Ember H.

Our family contracted Community Roofing and Restoration to complete a tear-off roof in addition to three skylights, and a set of new gutters on our first home in Washington Heights this fall. The group of men that spent the week working on our home were extremely pleasant, hard working, and interacted great with our daughter who loved watching them from the window. We can honestly say that we have no complaints and are happy with the final result. The men worked quickly and efficiently and our roof turned out wonderful with no issues to date. We would highly recommend this company based on our correspondence with the owner, the quality craftmanship by the workers, and our overall satisfaction with how the project turned out. Thank you Josh and Community Roofing!

Description of Work
Complete tear off roof Addition of skylights Replacement of gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 10/06/2017

11/14/2017

Toni K.

Jake replied that day and was out the next morning to assess. He had the shingles back in place by that afternoon. These guys really stand by their work. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Community Roofing put my roof on 16 years ago. This year I noticed a few shingles had slipped and emailed Jake.

Work Completed On 11/14/2017

08/08/2017

George S.

Very satisfied with job and long term support.

Description of Work
Original roof job was 17 years ago. Community roofing was very responsive in completing our job on a timely basis. More importantly over the years we have had a few shingles blown off by high winds. Community always would send a person by to fix the issue, no charge. Recently had them complete some flashing work and I am satisfied with the work done.

Category roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 06/08/2017

07/06/2017

Jean G.

Great experience from beginning to end. Josh is very professional and knowledgeable. We had a twenty year old double asphalt roof and two deteriorating flat rubber roofs replaced. Also some ventilation problems were addressed. His crews were very careful and kept the job site as neat as was possible. Any questions we had were resolved quickly. The end product is stunning and the highest quality. We chose DaVinci polymer shakes rather than asphalt and are glad we did. We would recommend Community to anyone without hesitation.

Description of Work
Complete tear off of two layer asphalt and rubber roofs. Removed skylights and unused wood chimney. Re-roof with DaVinci shingles and rubber. Replaced gutters.

Work Completed On 06/29/2017

Review for Community Roofing & Restoration - 1776 N Water St, Milwaukee, WI - 35411000

05/01/2017

jennifer E.

Swell! Josh, the owner was very quick in responding when I had questions. The job was done quickly and they cleaned up very well when it was complete. I even got a little discount because the roofers did not use all the materials.

Description of Work
Had the completely torn off and redone to fix the terrible job the previous owners had done.

Work Completed On 11/16/2016

11/02/2015

TIMOTHY M.

I was given an estimate that was fair and punctual. The work was done in a timely manner and a craftmanship way. I have since recommended them to another person and plan on using them again.

Description of Work
Detached gutters that were blowing off due to a windstorm (another contractor had performed extremely poor job in putting them up). Put up new gutters and attached them.

Work Completed On 03/18/2015

10/27/2015

Jennifer M.

Great service, very friendly and professional. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Complete new roof, dismantled one chimney and chimney repair on second.

Category roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/01/2013

10/15/2015

JAY B.

I got a quick response when I requested the estimate. The estimate was done promptly after they visited, along with the very informative survey info they used for the estimate. The options were priced separately on the estimate, as I requested. They had good info to share with me about the specifics of older home re-roofing, which I appreciated. The way they conducted the estimate process and the information they gave me would have made me completely comfortable choosing them.

Description of Work
Bid on replacement of roof and gutters

Work Completed On 08/05/2015

07/06/2015

Brian H.

The job stretched into late November and communication wasn't the best. I hired them based on their reputation for quality work on older homes. There were several places where the attention to detail just did not meet the price. The final outcome was okay, but it should have been excellent.

Description of Work
Complete tear off and re-shingle, plus replace two flat roof sections. Flashing, etc. included.

Work Completed On 09/20/2014

01/23/2015

Ingrid A.

They did an excellent job beginning to end.

Description of Work
They realigned my gutters.

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 07/01/2014

12/30/2014

Thomas O.

Josh of Community was the contact and was easy to deal with. Prompt with a quote. Took a few weeks to get it done, but job was well done. Would use them again.

Description of Work
Roofed an overhang and removed and added new siding on part of side of house

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 12/15/2014

07/06/2014

Loren R.

The whole project went very well. The crew made sure to take care of the my house, as well as the neighbors'- who are very close. They cleaned up after every day, and fixed all of the small water damaged issues from the leaks in the old roof. The new roof looks great. My neighbor recommended this company to me, who said they really stand by their roofs over the years, and are very fair if you have any issues in the future. I felt that Josh was very honest with me, and stuck with his estimated price, and did not add on a lot of extra fees for all of the additional things that came up. In addition, I feel like this whole company from the owner, James Godsil, down to the laborers were honest, hard working individuals, who I feel very comfortable have working on my house. Thanks guys!

Description of Work
Community Roofing gave me a competitive bid, with different options to get the project done for the best price. I got 4 layers of old roofing material torn off (3 asphalt and 1 cedar shake), the roof was then re-decked, and a new layer of roofing was put on. They also tuck pointed my chimney and swapped out a few of my gutters.

Category remodeling, roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 06/18/2014

06/12/2014

Kamran D.

We postponed the work for a while, but decided early in the Fall 2013 to get the work done. We contacted Josh and he said he could probably squeeze us in before the end of the season. We signed his bid contract and returned it to him. However, the work kept getting pushed back several times, eventually to the point that it was too cold to do the work. Even though our roof was leaking, I can understand that it was our fault for waiting too long. Josh said it would have to wait until the Spring. Well, come Spring 2014, and we were anxious to do the repairs. However, Josh did not get in touch with us, and did not even respond to any of the several e-mails I have sent him. Not a single response. And I also called and left a message on his voice-mail. Nothing. I find it irresponsible to string people along from one season to another, after you have received a signed contract, and then suddenly go AWOL. Update 6/16/2014: after posting an earlier version of this review, Josh got in touch with me, and was very apologetic, and seemed genuinely willing to make it right. However, I have already hired someone else to do the repair. Other than the sudden total lack of communication, the other interactions were fine, but I wish it hadn't taken the negative online review to get a call back.

Description of Work
We needed repair on our roof. Josh came out and gave us a reasonable quote.

Work Completed On 11/20/2013

[member name removed], Very sorry for not getting back to you this spring but things have been very crazy on our end. If you would like us to proceed with the repairs to the flat roof we would be able to get there in the next 2 weeks.

09/27/2013

Tracy E.

Josh at Community Roofing is very easy to work with. He got us a quote quickly, he came to each appointment on time and prepared and he communicated promptly and thoroughly throughout the process. The work crew worked efficiently, was very friendly and polite and they cleaned up at the end of each day. We had a very good experience and our new roof looks beautiful.

Description of Work
Removed old shingles, put on new roof.

Work Completed On 09/16/2013