Burkham Built LLC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since March 2007

Our goal at Burkham Built LLC is to create beautiful spaces which both enhance the lives of our customers and reflects what each customer desires. Burkham Built LLC proudly services all of Milwaukee and surrounding areas....

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+5 more images

decks & porches (46)woodworking (27)home remodeling (12)tile installation (9)lighting (6)electrician (6)house painting (5)plumbers (5)drywall (5)basement remodeling (3)insulation (3)closet design (3)

02/01/2021

Gary D.

We hired Burkham Built to rebuid our second floor porch after getting several estimates from other builders. The extra challenge was that we wanted a pergola over part of the area. Jeremy provided us with a great design consistent with the architecture and looking attractive from the street. We appreciated his approach to finding solutions that the pergola required, with an eye to design and a head for engineering. He and his crew were great to work with. The cost was reasonable, and we are happy with the results. We would be glad to engage Burkham Built again for future projects.

Description of Work
Rebuild porch and add pergola

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

10/04/2020

Chris K.

I really enjoyed working w/ Jeremy. The work is Great and have had numerous compliments already. I only wish I had the project done a few years earlier. Hire him you won’t be disappointed.

Description of Work
Front Porch

Category decks, home builders

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

09/17/2019

Brooke T.

Excellent. He had really solid quality work. Very thoughtful and thorough, They even figure it out how to level the roof attach to the porch. he was really good and he did a great job.

Description of Work
He did the porch including building the foundation.

Work Completed On 09/17/2019

04/15/2019

Shane G.

This is the 3rd and smallest project we have had Jeremy do on our home. In the past, he has replaced a balcony for us and finished our basement. In this particular job, we asked him to add some built-in shelves to the finished basement and to make a custom cover for a cold air return. Jeremy was responsive as always, completed the work very quickly, and charged a fair price. He is friendly, respectful, and does quality work to match the style of our home. We couldn’t be happier with the work he has done for us and we highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
Built-in shelves and custom register cover

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 02/01/2019

03/22/2019

Jeanne P.

Jeremy rebuilt the front porch on my 100+ year old home late last summer. I was tired of replacing the wood and repainting so he built it using the Azek composite material. The porch is beautiful, looks natural on my old house, and is perfect in every way. It still looks brand new after our long Wisconsin winter and was easy to shovel and keep ice free. Not only does Jeremy do excellent, quality workmanship, he also is wonderful to work with. He replied to my request for a quote, came to the house, prepared and delivered the quote in a timely and professional manner. He and his partner preformed the work in the time they said they would and always cleaned everything up. I am very impressed with the design, workmanship, and professionalism of Burkham Built. So are my neighbors. Jeremy ran out of business cards because so many people in my neighborhood stopped to admire the work he does. I would definitely hire Jeremy for future projects.

Description of Work
Front Porch

Category decks, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 09/03/2018

07/28/2018

Ann R.

What an awesome team of craftsmen. They did a fantastic job in every aspect. Unbelievable quality and care about the tiniest details. They communicated to let us know schedules, plans, ideas. We could not have asked for a better outcome. These guys are professional and pleasant to work with. All subcontractors were there on time and did fantastic job. Estimate was spot on. We would hire them again, we love our new bathroom and enjoyed working with Jeremy.

Description of Work
Gut and remodel master bathroom

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, concrete repair, drywall, electrician, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 06/11/2018

02/07/2018

Hannah H.

Jeremy and his team where fantastic from start to finish! We got exactly what we wanted for the price and the timeline we wanted. He worked closely with us to figure out exactly what we wanted from each space and was flexible when it came to changes and additional ideas on our part. The second bathroom remodel was in our basement and we knew we had some water coming in down there. Jeremy knew exactly how to fix the problem and was very cautious to work within our budget in doing so. He did an amazing job and we are now water free in the basement! He turned up ever morning and worked within the time frame he gave us, he was an absolute pleasure to work with and we wouldn't hesitate to use him again and recommend him to friends and family!

Description of Work
Two bathroom remodels

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, foundation repair, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 01/08/2018

05/29/2017

Richard D.

Back on 5/29 I sent in a negative review for Burkham Built related to not receiving responses to my calls. I'd like to retract that. Since that review I heard from Jeremy Burkham. He apologized for the mix-up and explained the circumstances that were going on at his end at the time. I accepted his explanation and ended up hiring him for the job. Am very glad I did! The workmanship is excellent and they've proven very easy to work with. I give them straight A's and won't hesitate to recommend them to family and friends in the future. Richard Derzon.

Description of Work
A new upstairs back porch and a rebuild of a front porch/sun room.

Work Completed On 08/15/2017

05/15/2017

Jason C.

I could go on a long time about all the positives, but to keep it short, the work was done exactly as I wanted; it was very reasonably priced; he was prompt and courteous during the whole process working in my home for the day; cleaned up completely after was done, even the sawdust on the porch was swept up.

Description of Work
Banister removed and new one made/installed to code and kid safe.

Category remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

05/04/2017

Pamela L.

Contacted Company via Angie's List on March 24, 5+ weeks ago, and they never responded

Description of Work
Roofing, carpentry, fascia, soffit, exterior home repairs. Painting fascia.

Category roofing, woodworking, house painters

I apologize for not getting back to you. We try our best to return all of our phone calls but yours must of been lost in the very high demand for our services. I hope you found a quality contractor for your services.

08/01/2016

Gary O.

It went extremely well, after we received approval of the plans from the city as my home is listed in a Historical District. Jeremy Burkham the owner was great to work with as well as his team members. The new Stairway looks amazing and adds value to my home. I would not hesitate to hire this company for any remodeling project.

Description of Work
I had a Stairway removed and rebuilt from scratch on the exterior of my property. The previous Stairway was sloping and unsafe.

Category decks, remodeling

Work Completed On 07/15/2016

01/20/2016

Elizabeth P.

The archway was an original feature in our 1926 bungalow. We wanted to add a door without disturbing the integrity of the original architecture. We had 3 people come to provide quotes. Jeremy was the only one who understood why we wanted to keep the original archway and how to do it. Jeremy's attention to detail and craftsmanship produced a door that respects the style of our 90 year old house and is just down right beautiful. Throughout the process, Jeremy was organized, professional, communicative and extremely punctual. I also felt the price was reasonable for the level of craftsmanship required. Jeremy is a true craftsman, and I would definitely use him again!

Description of Work
Jeremy and his team built a custom door to fit an archway that separates our hallway from our dining and living rooms.

Work Completed On 01/15/2016

01/18/2016

Dan M.

Jeremy and his team remodeled an outdated jack & jill bathroom in our Shorewood home. His bid was very competitive with other contractors, and since we had great results from Jeremy with a much smaller project in the past we went with him. We set a start date for the project weeks in advance and he checked in with me as it approached and showed up on time as promised. This was a theme from beginning to end. It took a few days to perform the demo. It was a bear of a job. Everything was packed into large plastic garbage bags and stored in a pile in our backyard. I thought it was strange he didn't get a dumpster, but he prefers to use "a local guy" rather than a commercial company to pick up and dispose of the waste. It was a little inconvenient but we agree with this approach. Since neither my wife nor I have much time or any skill with decorating, we let Jeremy do most of the design, select the tile, paint colors, etc. He gave us options for everything along the way, but usually we deferred to him. During the critical first days after the demo was completed, Jeremy would gather his team and outline a plan for the day. I thought the project stayed on schedule. If there were unexpected pauses, for electrical or other subs, Jeremy would keep us informed. In the end, he installed a new soaker tub, vanity with sink and mirror, a wider a walk in shower, replaced existing plumbing and wiring with updated materials (his subs were all excellent), re-did existing duct work and greatly improved the flow of heat and AC to the space, and laid really nice tile on the floor and walls surrounding the tub and shower and bead board on bottom half of the other walls. It was a great transformation. Two months later we are really happy. No hiccups. Jeremy's construction is top notch and his materials high quality. To the extent possible, he kept are living spaces clean and usable throughout the project and updated us with the progress. We will definitely use him again for our many future projects.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, decks, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/01/2015

08/17/2015

Jason C.

This couldn't have gone better. I had started my backyard project with a different contractor, and was getting the run-around about starting it; saying there were problems getting the permit. Turns out, since I live in the city of Milwaukee, you need an extra license to get the permit that this contractor was not going to do. I still wanted to get the rest of the backyard done, but now had to quickly find someone to take care of the deck part (the only part requiring a permit). I found Burkham on Angie's list and the Milwaukee license website. He was in fact able to pull a permit. And he squeezed me in since it was a smaller more basic project quickly so everything was done within 2 weeks. He was professional and responsive. I told him I wanted just a simple, minimum for code requirements, way to get from the door to the ground. He quoted a good price and I agreed. My wife however, wanted a bigger deck. I called him and he said no problem and revised the estimate to take in my wife's wants. This estimate turned out to be too much for us (which I knew it would be, but doesn't hurt to ask) and then told him sorry, we wanted to go back to the original estimate/design. He was polite and fine with it and set-up to work right away. He showed up on time and worked the days he told us he would and finished it right on time. The deck looks great! My wife even loves it (she's hard to please). The quality of the work is superb. I would definitely recommend him for any project, and it is great to know he's licensed and will do things the way they should be done.

Description of Work
Build a small backyard deck. Not very big, just minimal to have a landing at the door and then steps 4ft down to the ground with a handrail.

Work Completed On 08/13/2015

08/14/2015

SUSAN J.

From the start of the first phone call, Jeremy was polite and professional. He stopped by the next day, returned my phone call and stopped again to go over a drawing he had made. We made one or two revisions and Jeremy didn't bat an eye. The project itself was on the smaller side but being that the home was built in 1924 it was not without some challenges. Jeremy and his crew met the challenge and won! The entrance to our home looks beautiful! We chose Azek and Ipe, both materials more on the expensive end. Jeremy seemed excited about using those materials and his skill and craftsmanship showed. People have commented on how nice it looks as they have walked by. His crew were quiet and respectful of the neighbors, they were on time every day, worked non-stop and cleaned up the area at the end of each day. It was a pleasant experience.

Description of Work
Rebuilt front steps

Category concrete repair, decks

Work Completed On 08/03/2015

08/13/2015

Joe M.

Rather smooth, a couple of hiccups; but were resolved promptly and professionally.

Description of Work
Install a 4'x8' Jump Porch (2nd Fl) & repair/replace siding

Work Completed On 06/16/2015

09/20/2014

LEIGH O.

Jeremy arrived on time and got right to work. The house is 19th century Victorian, so there is a lot of detailed woodwork, some of which is pretty tricky to work with. In particular, the front porch is a semi-circle, which needed about 40% of its facia replaced. Jeremy was able to do this with a single board, which makes a big difference aesthetically. At first, I have to admit that I thought the price was a bit high (it included an Angie's List discount), but after watching all the effort that was required, I think it was a bargain. Jeremy did all the work himself and it took a week. He was usually at the house by 7:00, and often didn't leave until 5:00. Though laid back and easy to work with, he brought a commitment to detail and doing the job the "right way" that was very much appreciated. While working on the siding part of the project, he discovered that there was more repair work needed - too much to include in the original scope. (The area of rot was probably twice what we'd anticipated.) Jeremy completed the work we'd agreed to and explained to me the extent of the issue. He covered the area to prevent further damage. I was happy with this approach.

Description of Work
Repaired curved porch facia and soffit. Reproduced corbels to replace rotted ones. Repaired and painted siding. Replaced several boards on porch floor.

Category decks, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 08/04/2014

08/07/2014

Erin K.

This review is in my friend's Angie's List account. Before the details I want to note that I pay much attention to detail and very specific about what I want done. I would call Burkham Built for another project in the future. Now for the review: All went very well overall. We know that every project on our house is difficult and takes longer than expected. The project took about a week more than originally planned, but better to have done right than done early. We know some of that included waiting for inspections and running into issues that consumed more time. Jeremy and his partner took extra time to cut and frame around the existing pedestals to get a good fit of the flooring as well as the wood around the bottom, which couldn't have been an easy project. We did have some questions about things along the way and Jeremy was always happy to answer them and work with us on ideas and changes if necessary. Most surprises came with getting the new porch up to code, which was a lot different than the existing old porch and required some changes that we didn't fully expect or necessarily like, but that couldn't be helped. One of the issues was that I felt maybe we did not fully communicate some of the specifics that we wanted or press for certain things to be included in the work, but in the long run that was our fault and not his. When we communicated what we wanted he worked with us to get most of it done. We love the hassle free composite flooring and the strength of the porch and know it will be a long lasting improvement to the house. I can tell that Jeremy takes pride in his work and wants to be sure it is all done right and done to last. He wants to be proud to display his sign in the yard when the is done.

Description of Work
Break down and tear out the existing concrete front porch and stairs while leaving the standing concrete pedestals, columns, and roof. Then framing and building a new porch with treated wood and a composite flooring along with cedar railings. Also replacing the old bead board ceiling with new wood and fixing some rotting on the porch columns.

Work Completed On 07/17/2014

Well, it has happen to us again. A customer calls claiming to be an Angie's List member. I submit a proposal with the 10% off for being an Angie's list member. We complete the job. Then- guess what? They really weren't members at all. I have never meet [removed member name]. I feel cheated :(

08/07/2014

ROBERT & SUSAN B.

I received no reply for an estimate request.

Description of Work
I emailed Burkham Built through the Angie's List site and did not receive a response.

Work Completed On 07/07/2014

We have been extremely busy this summer and most have missed your e-mail. I apologize. For best result please call us at 414 736 3880 Thanks. Jeremy Burkham

07/07/2014

Eileen H.

I had a deck that was replaced twice in less than 3 years and it still was not right. Burkham provided indepth problem solving suggestions. Estimate appointment was on time and professional. There was follow-up also. I was seriously planning on using Burkham. The original contractor of the first two decks replaced it with a third, after I secured reimbursement for the defective decking materials from the manufacturer. Though I didn't see actual work results, I certainly would consider Burkham Built for future projects.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate and possible solutions to a deck problem.

Work Completed On 06/26/2013

05/31/2014

Phil M.

Great job. The appointment for the estimate was on time and they did a full inspection of the project. The quote was reasonable and well described as to the work being done. The job was started on the day agreed to and completed early. Cleanup during and after the job was very good. The quality of the work was also very good. The job was to take out a staircase and close up the hole so it didn't look like a staircase was ever there and they did a great job. The wood floor was matched perfectly, the ceiling and drywall that was put in was matched perfectly. There is nothing that they could have done better. I would use them again without hesitation (and probably will).

Description of Work
Construction project. Stairs from the main level of the house to the basement were removed. Wood floor was put in and walls / ceiling put in to close the hole.

Category hardwood floor, remodeling

Work Completed On 05/05/2014

03/25/2014

Thomas M.

Everything has been first-rate, including his attention to detail and communications.

Description of Work
Jeremy has done various projects for us over the years, mostly related to remodeling --- pantry, bathroom, fireplace, etc.

Category decks, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/11/2013