Brillo Home Improvements Inc

Founded 1977 • With Angi since May 2000

5315 N Lovers Lane Rd

Milwaukee, WI 53225

We are a full-service residential and commercial remodeling firm serving the greater Milwaukee area including Waukesha, Washington and Ozaukee Counties. Incorporated in May of 1977 as a small roofing company, our firm now specializes in all facets of home improvement projects including space planning and design, kitchen and bath remodels, additions, attic conversions, window and door replacement, and lower level remodels....

04/15/2019

Roger R.

In the end we were very happy with the result. The crew that did the work was very attentive to quality and do great work. Our only complaint is that the schedule was overly optimistic and the project ran more than a month past our target date. I wouldn't hesitate to hire them again though.

Description of Work
Basement Remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

04/03/2018

Kevin W.

In a word, horrible. I initially contacted Rick at Brillo in late 2015. He gave some decent information and I advised I would contact him at a later time once I had more information. I re-engaged him in the fall of 2016 asking for a full, detailed quote to remodel/finish the 2nd floor/attic of our '29 bungalow. What followed was ridiculous. After his initial visit, for which he was late and looked slovenly, I had to call and email him multiple times to give information and to get a status update. The entire time he verbally gave me a range that the project would cost (approximately $60,000), but wouldn't put it in writing. Eventually, he stopped responding completely. Finally, I called the main number and was told that Rick was no longer with them (god forbid they be proactive on that). Eventually, I was referred to Juel, who was very nice and responsive, but the quote she gave me was $35,000 higher than what Rick was claiming it would cost and $10,000 to $20,000 higher than similar bids from other generals. Admittedly, Juel was nice and helpful, but by that point it was clear to me that Rick was stringing me a long to try and get my business and, likely, to keep from getting fired. In any event, Juel's, responsiveness, though appreciated, wasn't enough to make up for the lies that came before her. I ended up being the general contractor myself. Will never use Brillo for anything.

Description of Work
General Contractor to Remodel Attic

09/07/2017

Christine J.

Horrible! Rude!! I came to Brillo for a quote for a wheel chair ramp and roll in shower. One of the owners came to my house to do the quote. After waiting over 3 weeks for the quote and calling multiple times, Guy the ownertold me he wasn't going to do my quote because he was too busy with other people. My job is for my disabled son whom i have trouble getting in the shower and in and out of the house. I was very up front with Guy about the job and the process. Guy told me that he would do the quote but it as a big waste of time because it was funded through a state program. However he said he would do the quote. No only did Guy decide to waste my time, but he put it back over a month with his unprofessional attitude and conduct. However, I am so very happy Brillo and Guy were able to lighten their work load by screwing us over on our simple quote request. It is obvious the only kind of customer Brillo wants is the kind they can gouge on price and not be held accountable for.

Description of Work
Needed a Handicap accessible remodel

Category plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

11/28/2016

Cathryn D.

Oct 24 is when this started. Had appointment set up for Rick to come out and take a look at my project. Unfortunately I had a conflict with my work so I called Rick to reschedule. We rescheduled for Oct 31. On that day I received a message on my cell phone that he could not make this appointment because he was in a training class. We rescheduled for Wednesday November 2. He left me a message on Nov 2 and wanted to reschedule to the following day because he had a conflict with another client. Left Rick a message that the following day would not work for me due to my job. Never heard back from Rick again.

Description of Work
I was requesting an estimate on a total breezeway remodel.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

We apologize for any inconvenience you have had. This sales associate is no longer with us and assure you that this kind of activity is not something that we accept. Thank you again for considering us and hope that your project turned out well.

08/13/2015

Kahnec D.

I really wish we had hired them to do our kitchen work in the first place! They were reasonable, professional, and left the kitchen looking the way we'd hoped it looked! Will hire them again in a second for future projects!

Description of Work
An installer made lots of mistakes with our kitchen cabinets, and brillo came and fixed them. This included installing some incorrect cabinets, not installing veneer, and baseboards and ceiling (coves?). They ripped out the wrong stuff and put in the right stuff, then did some trim.

Category custom cabinets, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Thank you for this great review! We are happy we could help. Team Brillo

11/24/2014

Larry D.

cheap, but it is reasonable. They came right out, but it took a while to get the quote.

Description of Work
I received an estimate from Brillo Home Improvements, for kitchen countertops, tile work, and construction.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, structural engineer, home remodeling

08/07/2014

Linda G.

After getting two bids to have my bathroom remodeled, I contacted Brillo to get my third and final estimate. I met with Scott Gretzon. He came prepared with a Brillo folder and a 3-page single-spaced list of references. He urged me to call several of them. Days later, I looked at that list and actually found someone I knew listed, so I called him for a reference. Brillo got a rave review. To say that Scott Gretzon has been wonderful, would be a gross understatement. Frankly, I’m used to dealing with sales people who lie and say anything to get the job. When dealing with Scott, I actually believed what he said. When I decided to go ahead, I emailed Scott. I decided to use Brillo because of Scott, not because Brillo had the lowest price (because it didn’t). I liked dealing with Scott because he is very kind, not pushy, and he used to do installations himself till he had physical problems. I had LOTS of questions, and he needed to explain a lot of things to me, which he did in a very kind, patient manner. That meant a lot to me. If I was going to shell out thousands of dollars for a remodel, I wanted to understand everything. My next major decision was whether to stay in my condo while the work was being done, or going on vacation. I had a huge “trust” factor to contend with. Letting people loose in my home while I’m gone was a major issue for me. On the other hand, as I only have one bathroom in my condo, I wasn’t sure I wanted to deal with the inconvenience. So I went on vacation. My neighbor Heather was my eyes and ears while I was gone for two weeks. She sent me photos of the demolition (glad I missed that) and the work as it progressed. She met Paul, my contractor, and emailed me about him. Heather is VERY fussy and particular, and she had nothing but great things to say about Paul and his work. This allowed me to have a very nice, stress-free vacation. When I returned from vacation, my bathroom was in the middle of the remodel. I met Paul and he would tell me what was going on daily as I left for work in the morning. During this entire time, Scott and Paul were nothing but kind, professional and made this whole remodel truly a breeze for me. The final product, my gorgeous bathroom, looks spectacular. It is the bathroom of my dreams. I got everything I wanted, and more. I have since referred two my friends to Brillo. There were a few snafus along the way, and Scott and Paul quickly remedied them. Since my bathroom, I had Brillo install a new patio door, and am currently waiting to have my kitchen painted.

Description of Work
Total bathroom remodel on a top floor condo. Tub removed and tiled shower stall with bench installed, new toilet, granite vanity, bathroom mirror, light fixture, heated ceiling vent, etc.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, doors

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Angie's List. It was a pleasure working with you on your project and we thank you for trusting us and our work by way of sending referrals. It it the best compliment we can ever receive. From Team Brillo

06/18/2014

Jennifer L.

I went with a different contractor.

Description of Work
I only got estimates from them. I decided to go with a private contractor. I got estimates from two other sources that said Brillo's estimate was a little high. Plus Brillo couldn't start the work until the following month, which isn't necessarily their fault. I opted for the lower cost contractor who could start the next week.

06/10/2014

Al B.

We went with a less expensive bid.

Description of Work
Estimate on skylight

05/01/2014

Dragomir C.

Brillo Home Improvements Inc were very professional. They were relatively quick in coming out and getting the estimate to us. The estimate was very professional and very detailed. I think the way they operate is very professional. They didn't do the work for us. We were surprised at the price they quoted us. The other estimates we got were about 40 percent less expensive. We didn't have any problems with how we thought they would do the work or anything. The only reason we didn't choose them was the cost. I would definitely compare prices if I needed to get a quote from them again.

Description of Work
We got an estimate from them for a basement refinishing.

Category basement remodeling

01/25/2014

Joyce K.

Exceeded our expectations! Scott was our sales contact who went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure our project was done on time and to our satisfaction. He told us they would work until we were 100% satisfied. The crew was excellent. They really paid attention and were very accommodating. I have to admit that when I found out the same crew who installed the floors was going to do the painting, I was a bit nervous. The painting job was excellent and I had no reason to worry. We are thrilled with our new Brazilian Cherry floors. We have plans to remodel our kitchen, deck and exterior. We will definitely use Brillo in the future. They really deserve the POH award.

Description of Work
Installed pre finished Brazilian Cherry Floors in Approx 1700 SF of our home, Project included removing OSB, applying new 3/4" and 1/4" plywood, laying pre finished floor, dry wall repair, electrical repair, and painting.

07/01/2013

Bernard B.

Extremely well with attention to detail

Description of Work
bathroom

01/16/2013

Beth Y.

Nothing to tell other than what was noted in former question.

Description of Work
This company provided an estimate for remodeling we wanted done on both our bathrooms and kitchen. The person who came out to talk to us didn't really seem all that interested in our project and didn't offer too many suggestions. I got the feeling that coming out and meeting with potential clients and discussing a project was a typical part of her job. We decided to go with another company.

Category home remodeling

Budget was discussed at the initial, free in-person consultation since it is one of the top driving forces for most homeowners. When the homeowners told the salesperson what their budget was, she was honest with the homeowner, at the first consultation, and indicated that given her experience Brillo would not be able to do complete everything on their wish list for their indicated budget. The salesperson offered options for reducing the project cost; however, the homeowners did not wish to decrease the scope of work or change materials in order to reach the budget. Even though Brillo was aware of the budget difference, a free written estimate was drafted for their kitchen, guest bath, and master bathroom remodels. The homeowners told the salesperson, for the second time, that Brillo's price was too high for their budget. At that point, communications between both parties ceased.

12/27/2012

Laura R.

Brillo staff are responsive to customer's comments and requests, provide quality work, and are easy to work with. We have used them on several projects over the past few years.

Description of Work
Interior remodeling

07/11/2012

DOUG N.

The installation was good. My wife was in contact with the workman throughout the process. They were communicative and easy to work with . I felt their price was competitive. The main contact I had was knowledgeable and good. I have no complaints with their service.

Description of Work
They installed a granite counter top.

Category countertops, marble & granite

07/10/2012

Stephen R.

They were fine. They came when they said they would and did a good job. They were professional and reliable. They responded to my questions and issues. However, I have only had one experience so far.

Description of Work
They basically installed a new sealed concrete floor in our basement bathroom.

Category concrete repair, flooring contractor

07/10/2012

Robert D.

They are outstanding. They did an excellent job. The workers were polite, personable, and a delight to have around. The follow up was within a short amount of time. Someone came out to make sure everything was done properly and to ensure we were satisfied. I would recommend their services highly.

Description of Work
They have done work such as down spouts, gutters, and faucets.

Category gutter repair, plumbing

Robert M.

We are very happy with their services. They show up on time. They are very honest with you and will let you know about any problems right away.

Description of Work
They have done quite a few things. They gutted our kitchen and remodeled it. They installed sky lights. They also did some work in the bathroom.

Category remodeling, roofing, skylights, home remodeling

BARB & HOWARD A.

I really liked their service. They tried really hard to please us. The people working were in the home for a month or more. They were easy to get along with. They were professional and very thoughtful of our needs. They replaced the counter tops with granite in all of the rooms. We were really happy with it. We even bought a couple of appliances from places they recommended and we were happy with it. They did painting and tile work throughout the home. They gutted the master bath and made a new dual headed shower for my husband. He loves it. They tiled the shower and made a bench out of granite to match the counter top. They also tiled the shower and floor. In the guest room they installed a new shower head and cut a hole in the linen closet to do the work. They then installed an access board and painted the linen closet wall without us even asking. Their work was exceptional. In the powder room they also tiled the floor. They also turned three folding doors that were not hanging right into solid doors. We even used them for suggestions with our interior decorating. A lady helped us pick out everything. We picked out almost everything she suggested except for one color on a wall. At the beginning of the process, I told them I really wanted to make this as easy as possible and requested for an interior decorator. She really made the process a lot easier and we did not have to get involved. I was really happy with it.

Description of Work
They did a major remodeling project in my home.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, interior designers, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, doors

Judith G.

The experience was fine. They came and did what they said they would for the price they said.

Description of Work
They installed some sky lights in our home.

Category roofing, skylights

12/01/2011

Steven D.

The initial assessor was very nice. He did a good job with looking over the kitchen layout, the structure of what we wanted to re-do and the foot prints of the house. He basically looked at the prospective of what would improve the flow in the kitchen as well as what would not be cost effective. We really appreciated that. He was very timely in getting us hooked up with one of their design people to look at more details for the cabinets, tile, backsplash, countertops and things like that to help us co-ordinate the design. They were the main things with the initial phase. The two workmen that came out were extremely professional. They very good at doing the assessment to figure out as to what type of flooring we could use in our connection to the floor biopsy, to see what the structure and support the floor had. They did it in an area that they knew they would not have to worry about later, not compromising the appearance or the stability of the floor. They were very good. They were prompt every day. They did not come too early but they came at a very consistent and reasonable time. They were very good about setting things up and to minimize the amount of dirt and dust in the rest of the house for the amount of the work that they were doing. They talked us through every phase of the remodel very effectively. They contacted us and went through a detailed cost benefit review for any changes or alterations or suggestions. They were able to tell us what the benefits of cost would be for any modifications that we made in the plan. Every day they cleaned after themselves and took down their hardware as the place that we had was very little. They were also very good about telling us as to what to look out for when they were re-doing the floors. They told us what areas we could walk on. They got us set up with some scaffolding so that we could still walk over in the kitchen through the back door when we needed to. Overall, they did a very good job. I would absolutely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used the services of Brillo Home Improvements Incorporated. They remodeled our kitchen. They took out all the cabinets and re-did the flooring. They did some structural changes and improvements to our house. They finished the job in June and July 2010.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

05/15/2011

Susan R.

I thought it went good. We had wanted to do some of the work ourselves due to cost. They were respectful of our decision and we still felt that we were a valued customer, even though our project was probably smaller that others. Our project was broken up, due to our wanting to do some of the work (i.e. painting) and they accommodated. I would recommend them to others and would use them again in the future, if needed. They always cleaned up after themselves and everyone we dealt with was responsive and polite.

Description of Work
We had a partial remodel of our rec room (tear out of paneling, then they installed lighting, outlets, drywall and had a cabinet built). .

Category custom cabinets, drywall, electrician, lighting, remodeling, interior painters

12/16/2010

MARILYN A.

They did a great job! It was expensive.

Description of Work
They remodeled my bathroom.

09/08/2010

ROGER F.

The price they quoted us was $90,000. They were extremely professional and punctual, and it was a very complete quote. They were very good and it was a hard decision not to go with them.

Description of Work
Brillo Home Improvements Inc. came out in May and gave us an estimate for a complete redesign and concrete removal and replacement of the garage.

Category remodeling, garage builders, woodworking

09/02/2010

Francine E.

They tend to give you quality at a good price, which is something that I appreciate. We have had a long-term relationship with them.

Description of Work
They worked on a coat rack and touched up some wrought iron railings.

Category remodeling, wrought iron

TILE TIM Contracting

OWNER OPERATED. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. ASK FOR DETAILS ON TRAVEL CHARGES & SERVICE FEES.

Redo Home Services

We’re not your average kitchen cabinet refacing company serving the Chicagoland suburbs. As a division of Krumwiede Home Pros, we’ve got an unparalleled track record of TRUST within the community. Here’s a snapshot of our background and reputation: In business since 1953 An A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau Winner of national awards that place us among the best home improvement in the country… plus, coveted local awards such as “Best Picks” Hundreds of online reviews—the overwhelming majority being raving 5-star feedback It took a long time and plenty of work to build our reputation. That’s how you know we’re the cabinet restyling contractor you can trust to do your project RIGHT. If you want a high-end cabinet refacing experience in the Chicagoland suburbs, reach out to Redo Cabinets for a free quote.

Milwaukee Windows

No pressure sales because we know our product and pricing are better than the competition. In addition to our goal of a quality product and competitive pricing, Milwaukee Windows is also able to get you the windows within a short period of time (7-14 days). Milwaukee Windows began as the owner was searching for a quality window manufacturer for his investment properties. Although the big box stores had standard size windows at a reasonable price (for the quality level supplied), custom sizes were cost prohibitive and took a long time to get once ordered. In addition, there wasn't much selection if you wanted a higher quality product. Other window retailers were expensive and slow. After researching different windows and finding a high quality one he liked, he decided to go directly to the manufacturer and negotiate pricing since he had such a high volume of windows he would be ordering. Over the years, friends, fellow investors and contractors began requesting orders. As a result, Milwaukee Windows came to existence.

Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Home improvement - repairs, additions, kitchen & bath remodels, attic conversions, window & door replacement, basement remodels. Commercial remodeling - additions & office renovations.