Art Karos, LLC - DBA Art's Chimney & Stonework

Founded 2000 • With Angi since November 2016

Open All Day

Arthur Karos has been an expert in Masonry for 23 years and a Master Mason for 12 years. With 85 year of combined experience along with his five employed master Masons, you can expect the job to be expedited in a professional manner. We do chimney brick laying and stone work, chimney repair, flue installs & repair, ash-pits doors, stainless steel flue caps, Tuck Pointing, replace bricks, and insurance work for brick damage. Chimneys, masonry and stonework are done with expertise. We can custom match stone and color match mortar for Tuckpointing or masonry repair. FOR FASTER SERVICE, PLEASE USE ANGIE'S LIST MESSAGING!...

masonry (67)chimney repair (44)chimney cap repair (24)stucco (3)plastering (3)fireplace services (1)tile installation (1)

Winnifred A.

Art's crew was on the job bright and early. They got the job done quickly and professionally. They cleaned up after the job. Art gave helpful advise and even gave a sweet gift.

Description of Work
Remove chimney

Work Completed On 10/18/2021

Jamin H.

The repairs needed were much more extensive than I expected, but once I got over the sticker shock, I trusted in their reputation (and a strong recommendation from our roofer) and had them do the work. It took nearly three days (a complete rebuild from the roof up, including a new concrete cap on a 6' x 9' chimney), but it looks great. They did a great job, and everyone on the team had a great attitude. In addition, Art gave me a lifetime warranty ("It'll last longer than either of us.").

Description of Work
Chimney rebuild

Work Completed On 06/15/2021

Review for Art Karos, LLC - DBA Art's Chimney & Stonework - 7455 N Crossway Rd, Milwaukee, WI - 39687904

James K.

Exceptional craftsmanship - cleaned up completely. Would hire again and I highly recommend!

Description of Work
Tuckpointing

Work Completed On 11/01/2021

Jack L.

Excellent work! Art and his crew did a great job. We are really pleased with the work they completed on our house and we highly recommend them for your project!

Description of Work
Toothing in a brick wall, tuckpointing, and laying bricks in chimney

Work Completed On 11/02/2021

07/10/2021

Jamin H.

Art's crew did an amazing job! Art's estimate was higher than any other company I spoke to, but I felt it was the most complete and thorough, so I went with him. They completed a pretty big job in about four days, with no disruption to our lives. While he was here, he checked out the rest of the house, too, and found another critical issue that I didn't realize was a problem and included that in the job (for a reasonable additional fee). I don't think I'll need him again (he gave me a lifetime guarantee on the work he did), but I wouldn't hesitate to hire him if the need ever arose.

Description of Work
Chimney needed to be rebuilt

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 07/06/2021

Review for Art Karos, LLC - DBA Art's Chimney & Stonework - 7455 N Crossway Rd, Milwaukee, WI - 39399190

05/21/2021

Corrie W.

Although our job was very small and would not be easy for Art to accommodate, he promptly fit us into his very booked schedule and did the repair work for a reasonable price. The young man he sent to do the work, Kyle, was friendly and helpful and actually cleaned up some other problems with our chimney. I'd hire these guys again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Small chimney repair

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 05/20/2021

12/21/2020

Elizabeth R.

Did great work, I am very happy with the work. Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Tuckpoint walls and rebuild chimney

Work Completed On 12/15/2020

12/11/2020

MICHAEL M.

Art and his team did a very good job retiling our old and complex fireplace in our home. They also repaired the fireboxes in two fireplaces, added a damper and fixed some chimney tuckpointing. Art was very responsive and his team was very professional. I understand that Art also provides his masons with benefits and I like supporting local businesses who take care of their employees. I highly recommend Art and his team for your masonry projects!

Description of Work
Fireplace repairs, chimney tuckpointing and tiling

Category ceramic tile,masonry,chimney repair,fireplaces

Work Completed On 12/11/2020

12/06/2020

Lolita H.

The crew did an excellent job, both my husband and I were happy with the professionalism and finished work .

Description of Work
Rebuilt Chimney

Category chimney caps,chimney repair

Work Completed On 12/05/2020

10/07/2020

Jesse W.

The work they did was top-notch. Art is professional and knowledgable and his team were efficient and left masterful work. We've been dealing with a leaking problem for years and it finally has stopped. I will use them again!

Description of Work
Chimney Tuckpointing

Work Completed On 09/10/2020

09/18/2020

Nicholas K.

Art and his guys have done several jobs for me on my home. One of their tasks was to create an opening in the brick exterior of our house for a doorway out to our patio. Their quality of work and attention to detail is impeccable. The doorway out to our patio looks like it was an original part of our home (built in 1930). We also had very intricate tuck work with the brick and stone on the front of our home that needed repair. They returned it to its original condition. It turned out beautiful. We’ll continue to call Art when his services are needed. We have and will continue to recommend him and his guys.

Description of Work
Tuck pointing/Brick repair/Etc

Category masonry,plastering,chimney caps,chimney repair,stucco

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

07/24/2020

Karen B.

Art is excellent to work with and honest. He is quick to respond and fit my job into a very busy schedule. The quality of work is also outstanding. I will recommend him without hesitation to my friends, family and fellow realtors.

Description of Work
Chimney repair, tuck pointing, new flue pipe, chimney cap and flue cap

Work Completed On 07/24/2020

05/09/2020

Louise S.

Excellent work. They came with a big crew of masons and finished a big job in one day. I wish we would have taken a before picture because the chimney was in very bad shape. By comparison, it looks like new now. We couldn't be happier and would recommend Art and his team anytime.

Description of Work
Chimney needed serious tuck pointing and cleanup

Work Completed On 04/07/2020

Review for Art Karos, LLC - DBA Art's Chimney & Stonework - 7455 N Crossway Rd, Milwaukee, WI - 38576358

04/21/2020

JENNY C.

Projects went extremely well. Art and his crew were professional, pleasant and careful. Art is very responsive, thoughtfully responding to any questions and concerns. Art sees the big picture, and drills down to the details. Needed repairs in the area were made, as well.

Description of Work
Retaining wall demolished and replaced (10 feet tall), tuck pointing

Work Completed On 04/21/2020

03/20/2020

David G.

Art's crew did a great job ant a fair price. i would highly recommend them to anyone. His crew was nice and friendly. They were also very professional . They cleaned up the job site when they were done with the job. I don't think I could have picked a better contractor .

Description of Work
Chimney Rebuild.

Work Completed On 03/20/2020

10/03/2019

Bradley R.

Art and his crew did an outstanding job of repairing our 80 year old home's exterior. They were professional, skilled and diligent. The crew included master masons and apprentices. They were punctual, respectful, and easy to work with throughout the project.. Art kept us informed of progress during the weeklong process and visited the site almost daily. We were surprised at how well they matched the old bricks and mortar in style and colors. When the job was finished it was almost impossible to see any difference in appearance; the mark of professional craftsmanship. Art's bid was not the lowest, but we got what we paid for - a fair appraisal and a high quality job that will last.

Description of Work
Tuck pointing entire house with two chimneys including many brick replacements.

Work Completed On 09/28/2019

09/29/2019

KEN T.

We are very pleased with the work performed. The owner and employees were very professional and responsive.

Description of Work
Front landing repair and home tuck pointing.

Work Completed On 08/14/2019

09/10/2019

Phillip K.

Art and his team were a pleasure to work. They were diligent and timely and worked hard to exceed my expectations. The team was comprised of master craftsmen and masonry apprentices and everything in between. The work site was safe (we have small children) and neat and everyone worked diligently and orderly. The work is top notch and the customer service was stellar.

Description of Work
Chimney work, garden wall construction, tuckpointing, and general masonry work.

Category masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair,stucco

Work Completed On 09/10/2019

08/25/2019

Tom W.

“Above and beyond” is the best way to describe the job Art did on my masonry. They were reasonably priced, did exceptional work, finished well ahead of schedule and even did unexpected repairs as part of the job. Also, Art keeps his word which is rare characteristic in this business as I have found. If you want to the best possible service in masonry, call Art!

Description of Work
Tuck pointing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

08/25/2019

Jim K.

No need to waste your time trying to find the best mason-Art and his team are it. They were fast, friendly, professional, very reasonably priced and did an exceptional job- going above and beyond what I expected. Besides doing such a thorough job, they painstakingly and precisely matched the color of mortar as well as fixed things I wasn’t even aware of. I couldn’t be happier knowing my exterior and chimney are in tip top shape. Will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Tuck pointing, chimney repair and cap

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

08/14/2019

Sherry L.

The stormy spring weather caused a couple of delays in our start, and Art was good about communicating what was going on and when we would get going. Once the work commenced, the team worked quickly and completely. They rebuilt our small chimney and put a chimney cap on. We also had them tuck point our brick house and rebuild a decorative architectural detail on the front of the house. Art checked on the team’s work every day and addressed our concerns and questions right away. About a month after the main work was done and the mortar had finished curing, they came back to seal the brick. At that time, my husband showed Art a piece of stone that also needed replacing, and they did it right away, no additional fee. Art and his team were great to work with.

Description of Work
Chimney rebuild and tuck pointing of our brick house

Work Completed On 07/15/2019

08/01/2019

Linda R.

Fantastic! Small job that most didn’t want to bother with. Made it out in a timely manner and completed our repairs. Recommended additional repairs in other areas in the future, and we have signed on for the next project. Communication was great. Service was great.

Description of Work
Stone repair on porch

Work Completed On 06/21/2019

07/23/2019

Bridget C.

Overall we were very happy with the work done. We reviewed what needed to be done with Art and the time line. He indicated that with his current schedule we could plan on them starting within 4 to 6 weeks from when the deposit was paid. They started within that time frame. Everyone was very nice and respectful to our older home. We would definitely recommend Art and his crew!

Description of Work
Tuckpointing on House and Garage. Corners of Garage were completely redone with new brick.