American TV & Appliance of Brown Deer

With Angi since November 2001

3.3

6700 W Brown Deer Rd

Milwaukee, WI 53223

Additional phone - (262) 548-8550. Additional DBAs - American TV, American TV and Appliance & Furniture, American Of Brown Deer, American Of Appleton, American Of Oak Creek, American Of Waukesha.

08/02/2012

Patti S.

After the first service call, I called the customer services department and was initially offered a $25 gift card for the inconvenience of not have laundry services for 4 weeks. I told them it was not acceptable and they offered me a $50 gift card. Still disappointing that this is a new appliance not even 6 months old and the vendor was open or willing to replace the appliance. Technican returned on 8/2/12 to replace the controller board. Board was replaced and tech indicated that this corrected the problem. I went into the laundry room to start a load of laundry, I found a basket of clean laundry on the basement floor with the contents actually on the floor and the tech's boot print was on a piece of the clean laundry. Then I discovered that the dryer vent connection to the back of the dryer was off and the technician failed to reconnect it. The dryer was pulled away from the wall so I can only assume that he worked on the back of the dryer. I've AGAIN called American appliance service center and have asked to speak with a manager. The call center individual took down my name and number. The fact that American doesn't stay behind its products and the fact that the tech was sloppy in his repair call has left me with a disappointing experience with this firm. Next time I'll use another company to purchase my large appliances.

Description of Work
LG dryer purchased in February 2012 failed to properly heat up to dry a load. The repair tech came out July 10th and replaced the gas valve, the ignitor and the thermister. This did not correct the problem. Then it was determined that the controller board needed to be replaced. I was advised that the controller needed to be ordered and therefore a 4 week delay without the capability to perform laundry services. I

Category appliance repair, appliance sales

07/14/2009

JAMES H.

I initially went into the store to pick out a recliner for my wife. They delivered it to my house, and it turned out to be too big. They were, however, willing to take it back free of charge and I picked out a smaller one which was delivered when they came to pick up the first one. This was on a Saturday. As it turned out, though, my wife, who had been struggling with cancer, had gone into the hospital the day before and sadly, did not make it through. Of course, I no longer needed the recliner and American was willing to take it back once again, free of charge, and gave me a full refund. I could not ask for better service than what they gave during this difficult time.

Description of Work
I purchased a recliner from them.

Category furniture sales

12/18/2006

CHRISTINE E.

Everything was great until the delivery men left the items in the hall of the condo building (blocking the way) and went to move the truck and never came back. Delivery is not free. I paid for set up. The lady on the phone said maybe they could come back tomorrow, but then told me she'd call right back and never did. It was just me (a smallish woman) and my 2 year old daughter there, as the drivers were well aware. Too bad because the in store experience was great, especially Curtis the salesperson.

Description of Work
Bought a Queen mattress, frame and box spring.

Category furniture sales, mattresses

10/29/2006

JANE DAVIS W.

Excellent salesperson who spent a lot of time with us on two separate visits explaining differences among products, etc. Installation was timely and efficient; good instructions.

Description of Work
Purchased high definition TV, surround sound system and TV console table; system installed by the company.

Category home theater design

12/02/2005

JEFF S.

I had a problem with the TV, they came out and could not fix it and gave me an in-store credit for almost 90% of the purchase price after 2 years. Used that credit to purchase a large projection TV.

Description of Work
Purchased a 36 inch high definition television from them with a 3 yr. in house warranty.

Category home theater design

11/09/2001

THEY DIDN'T PROVIDE THE SERVICE THEY SAID THEY WOULD.

Description of Work
PURCHASED AND SET UP OF STOVE

11/09/2001

Don D.

IN THE PAST I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS. THEY WERE KIND OF PUSHY. NOW THEY HAVE GOTTEN A LITTLE BETTER. AND THEY ARE A LITTLE CHEAPER.

Description of Work
WE BOUGHT A TV.

11/06/2001

REBECCA P.

I WAS NEVER INFORMED THAT "THEY" DONT INSTALL THE MICROWAVE OR HOOK-UP THE DISHWASHER. I HAD TO PAY TO HAVE ANOTHER INSTALL THESE ITEMS.

Description of Work
BOUGHT SIDE-BY-SIDE FRIDGE, DISHWASHER, RANGE, & ABOVE RANGE MICROWAVE

Apex Audio/Video LLC

Apex Audio/Video was founded on the principle that simplicity is paramount in every clients connected home. Over our many years of service we have provided the latest in TV installation, home theater, home automation, whole house audio, WiFi networking, video surveillance and new construction pre-wiring. Its not about buying the latest gadget. Its about finding the product that fits your lifestyle. We began working in this field because of our passion for audio/video, now it’s our turn to bring that passion home to you.

2022 Super Service Award

North Shore Electric  LLC

Owner operated. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges apply. Service charges apply. Extra charge after hours service. May contact through email.

Integrated Building Systems

A small but dedicated work force that provides above average service at reasonable rates. We want to help! Let us know what you are looking to have done. We strive to please. If you need any kind of electrical work from servicing existing to installing new we can help. Our team has years of experience to find and fix even the most troublesome electrical problem. Our years of experience also shows when we install new electric. From adding an electric dryer outlet to updating your electrical panel to wiring a new home or office or retail store, we will show you that experience matters. Poor layouts and wiring practices will haunt you forever. Avoid costly mistakes and hire the team that will work for you like we are the owners of the property. Each and every time your satisfaction is our only goal. If you are unsure of whether or not we offer a type of service please do not hesitate to call to discuss your concern. We also install Solar PV electrical systems, Solar Thermal (Heating of Water by the Sun) Systems, Security Cameras, Audio and Video Systems to complete Bar or Home Theater Systems. If you own a large Warehouse or factory and you are looking to change out some lighting or other equipment to become more energy efficient give us a call and you will be surprised on how we can help. Also I have financing and Leasing available for any type or size job listed above.

Furniture - Sales
    Mattresses
    TV Sales
    Computer Sales
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Installation, repair and replacement of audio, computer electronics, gaming, car stereo, home theater, appliances, TV antenna & furniture and mattresses.