STOPPLEWORTH PLUMBING LTD

Founded 1973 • With Angi since August 2007

7750 US HWY. 14

Middleton, WI 53562

Stoppleworth Plumbing has been serving our neighbors' since 1973. We are a second generation plumbing company, and all of our plumbers have between 10 to 30 years of plumbing experience. We love our customers! Our service fees are $90.00 for the first half hour and $25.00 per 15 minutes labor

08/11/2022

Barbara L.

They were on time, polite, and cleaned up after themselves. Fair price and they did the job.

Description of Work
Cleared the clogged bath tub

06/25/2019

Bruce M.

This is the second bathroom that Stoppleworth has worked on for us. On this occasion they installed a new shower and new sinks plus the hookups. They always arrive on time or call if they are late. They are very professional and clean up afger they are done with work. At the beginning we discuss what work will be done and John is always helpful in his advice and answers any questions I might have. Since I acted as the general on this project timing was important, some work required coming back after other work had been completed (e.g., after electricians, or cabinets installed, etc.). Stoppleworth was able to schedule work very closely to my schedule. I had no long waiting periods between finishing one stage and moving to the next. I never consider using any other plumber.

Description of Work
Bath remodeling

03/09/2019

Lawrence S.

Quick, efficient and friendly service. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Add a water line/valve for new refrigerator. Repair basement PVC drain pipe from upstairs bathroom that had pulled apart.

01/10/2018

stephen M.

Called for a quote, left voicemail. Call not returned after 3 hours so I called back, was told they would not touch my brand new water heater or softener because I had purchased them myself. Guy was really snotty about it.

Description of Work
Water heater

Category plumbing

We do apologize for not returning your call right away. Unfortunately we have been extremely busy with emergencies and we were not able to return your call in a timely matter. It is our policy at Stoppleworth Plumbing to not install customer supplied water heaters or water softeners due to liability and warranty issues. When we tried to politely and professionally explain, your response was "Isn't that why you carry insurance?" The caller was unwilling to accept that we would not break a longstanding company policy to accommodate his service request and ended the conversation rudely and abruptly. We suspect some of the callers frustration came from other plumbers telling him the same thing. We have never done work for the caller and have no record of him in our system. Hopefully he found someone to help with his installation. Unfortunately it wasn't going to be Stoppleworth Plumbing.

09/25/2017

Erin K.

John and Dillon were on time and got right to business. They were very polite and professional and efficient. The price was fair and the work is good. We definitely would hire them in the future.

Description of Work
Connected a gas line to new gas fireplace. Installed a gas shutoff valve on an exterior gas line. Installed a new shower valve and raised showerhead piping. (wall was stripped to the studs to allow for this work)

Category plumbing

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your business!

09/12/2017

John R.

We selected a larger company thinking they could schedule an appointment sooner, but we had to schedule three days out. When the service person hadn't arrived at the appointed time, we tried calling and it went straight to voice mail. They arrived 45 minutes later than the scheduled time without explanation. Upon visual inspection they determined that the leak was caused by water spraying out of the shower and dripping on the floor. We were charged the full $95 for this, which is certainly within their posted policy, but felt a bit excessive for the 15 minutes they were here.

Description of Work
Water from shower was leaking into lower level.

Category plumbing

[Member Names Removed], We at Stoppleworth Plumbing are sorry for the misunderstanding. Stoppleworth Plumbing employs 3 full time plumbers, we are a small family owned company. When the call was taken the leak in the shower was not an emergency and booked in a appropriate time frame. We only have one person in the office, most calls she can catch but every once in a while one does get sent to voicemail. She did return the call but Travis had already arrived. Travis was scheduled to arrive between 10-11am and did arrive in his scheduled time frame. Our first half hour is $90. This was explained to the homeowner at the time the appointment was scheduled. I hope this clears up some of the confusion. We are sorry to hear that you will not be calling us in the future. Stoppleworth Plumbing

08/29/2017

Molly D.

Awesome. They were able to work us in the schedule within a few days of calling. Travis arrived on time and went to work testing, fixing and cleaning all the toilets, faucets and drains. He explained what he recommended be done to stop any more damage from happening and what we should be looking to do in the future once we are able to renovate the bathrooms. Another great experience with Stoppleworth. I appreciate their professionalism, care for the customer and good work.

Description of Work
We recently purchased a house built in 1905 with a plumbing system that was most recently upgraded in the early 1980s. We noticed some leaking and dampness and wanted a professional to get everything checked out.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you for the wonderful review!

07/25/2017

Susan K.

They did quality work and were very knowledgeable, and efficient.

Description of Work
They installed some bathroom faucets for me.

06/20/2017

Robert M.

Went fine took about an hour and 10 minutes

Description of Work
Base ring was broken. Reinstalling new ring and new toilet

06/12/2017

Nathan A.

All work was done in about an hour and things are working as expected. The new piping for the backyard faucet is now a little loose in the existing hole but I should be able apply some sealant to it.

Description of Work
I had my stuck bathroom tub faucet and leaking backyard faucet replaced.

03/15/2017

A H.

They're great. We've had them lots of times. They're local. They're polite. We've had various employees come to do various projects at our home and they've always been excellent. The price is very affordable.

Description of Work
They replaced our water softener.

Category water softeners

10/07/2016

Jeff F.

All went well. I was able to get an appointment for the day after I called. The plumber was pleasant and capable. All of the work was finished in a bit over an hour.

Description of Work
Toilet repairs, garbage disposal installation

09/19/2016

Brian L.

Repair man called and ahead and asked if it was OK to come early. He was quick and friendly; I had several misc. repairs that needed to be done.

Description of Work
Replaced broken garbage disposable (new unit purchased by me at big box store). Fixed incorrect hookup of dishwasher. Added air gap to dishwasher / garbage disposal. Fixed leaking kitchen sink drainage pipe. Fixed leaking cut-off value in basement.

08/21/2016

Constance W.

Repairman arrived on time, worked quickly and left the work area perfectly clean. He even kindly repaired a couple of other items that I forgot were broken until he arrived. The added cost was minimal. He worked quickly and was friendly and courteous. Water heater works great and the other repairs are fine as well. I highly recommend Stoppleworth Plumbing for their great prices and great service.

Description of Work
Replace a water heater. Fix leaking pipe. Fix running toilet. Haul away old water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

07/12/2016

Phil O.

I called Monday at noon and received an appt for early Tuesday afternoon. Travis arrived on time and was very courteous and friendly. He was done within 45 minutes which included replacing a stripped valve. I read the reviews on Angie’s List and found the service to live up to the promise. Will definitely use them next time. Price listed here includes use of their Angie’s coupon

Description of Work
Replaced a kitchen faucet with one I bought at Menards

07/12/2016

Leslie C.

This is an amendment to a review that I wrote in 2012. In the Spring of 2013, one of the frost free faucets that we had replaced by Stoppleworth failed and they came out to replace it. At that time, they mentioned that they had been having a lot of problems with the faucets that they installed. They did replace that faucet free of charge. Now, in the Summer of 2016, the same faucet has failed again and I called to see about having them come out. I asked if they it was under warranty and it wasn't, as it was three years ago. I really thought at that point they might offer to discount the faucet or their charge, since this would be the third time they would have come out in 4 years, but they didn't offer. They did schedule an appointment time for us for this week. After I thought about it, I really felt that they should stand behind their products and work, even if it wasn't technically under warranty. When I called back to tell them that we had decided to go with another plumber because of that, the person on the phone just said "I completely understand. Bye" and hung up. We have been good customers of theirs over the last four years--we have had them out to do other jobs for us, but we will no longer be using them or recommending them others because of this.

Description of Work
Frost free faucet replacement

04/26/2016

KATHY W.

gregg priced his bill according to the time of actual work to clear the drain. Initially , he was uncertain about getting he power snake to clear the turn of the pipe. After talking to a co worker, he decided to give it a try and things went well. He cleaned up the bathroom and left things in good order. He gave us advice for the biocleaner that should work in the future to prevent further issues.

Description of Work
We called Stoppleworth Plumbing in the AM of the the 25th, after finding them on Angie's list. They were able to come that same day. Our bathroom sink was severely plugged. Gregg, who came, tried a variety of things to get it to clear. With our older home, he was unsure about using his power snake due to the configuration of the pipes. After consulting with a co worker who advised using it, things went well. We have a smooth running drain!

Category drain cleaning

03/23/2016

Sue J.

At the end of the visit the worker asked if i was an Angie's List member and I said yes. He asked if i had a coupon and i said no and he still honored the coupon for me. I thought that was very nice. I was also pleasantly surprised that i was able to get an appointment the NEXT DAY! The work was very neat! There wasn't even a drop of water left on the floor! I was extremely happy with the work! I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They replaced a toilet

03/13/2016

Joan M.

The job went as they told us and overall was a very wonderful experience.

Description of Work
We had a section of sewer pipe removed and replaced with PVC pipe. They were prompt and professional. The cost was as said in the bid. The work was done with very little or any mess.

03/10/2016

Rene' C.

It was great. Travis arrived early and I gave him an explanation of what I wanted accomplished. He made a great suggestion on the quickest way to accomplish the task of moving the water lines for an existing shower and the job was done in less than 1 hr. He also answered some questions I had regarding other plumbing issues. Did a great job and I was pleased with the price. Nice guy and very knowledgeable. Finally happy to find a good plumber!!!

Description of Work
Moved water supply lines in shower.

03/08/2016

Arthur D.

A very good experience as has been the case for all of the 4 jobs done by Stoppelworth plumbing over the past 4 year. Timely, efficient, clearly answered questions.

Description of Work
Opened a plugged kitchen drain and installed 3 bathroom shutoff valves

02/23/2016

Michael G.

Very efficient. Called on a Thursday, came on Friday, in and out in 90 minutes.

Description of Work
Replaced hot water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners

01/16/2016

Rebecca S.

He arrived on time, sized up the situation, and was professional and courteous. He spent about 45 minutes diagnosing and fixing the problem. Before he left, he explained what had caused the problem.

Description of Work
Fixed a leak from a previously installed garbage disposal.

12/13/2015

Theresa F.

Arrived in 30 min on a Sunday. He was able to get the old part out and use the new faucet that we had bought at home depot, which was similar to the 21 year old fixture. No holes in the wall !!! So grateful as our daughter is getting married this week and we will have a house full of people tonight . I did not use the $25 off coupon just happy to have someone so fast. :)

Description of Work
The handle in shower broke at the stem so we were unable to shut off the water. There was no shut off valve for the shower, so the whole house needed to be shut off, were anticipating that the mixer value needed to be replaced, were they would have to cut a hole in the bedroom wall and cut and replace plumbing

11/10/2015

Ryan B.

Quote/work order process went very well. One slight glitch which was the original quote called for an incorrect drain location (left drain vs right drain). Removal and install went very well. The old tub was removed the new one was installed within ~6 hours. There was some damage done to the vinyl flooring which we did not anticipate during the work proposal phase, but were planning to replace shortly after anyway. Stoppleworth also gave us a few names of construction business to help us complete repair of walls.

Description of Work
Replaced bath tub and surround with new 3 piece unit.

Category bathtub refinishing, plumbing

Keller Builders LLC

We have the experience and dedication to do the job right the first time! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call to schedule an estimate today! May contact through email.

Mad City Windows & Baths

We are the premier home improvement company in Madison, Green Bay, Milwaukee & throughout Wisconsin with years of experience and countless home improvement projects to prove it. We’re locally owned and operated so we know what works best in this climate and we choose quality products designed with Wisconsin area homeowners in mind. Whether you need replacement windows, vinyl siding, bathrooms, or metal roofing our professional installers will leave your home looking great.

2022 Super Service Award

Kegonsa Plumbing

Kegonsa Plumbing was founded in March 2018 by Luke Elsing. After 13 years of plumbing experience, he was exposed to several different owners and management styles. Luke decided to be a different kind of business and prioritize doing what’s best for his customers over his own profit margins. By sourcing only the highest quality products with solid warranties and doing craftsman-quality work on every job, Kegonsa Plumbing earned an A rating on Angie’s List in our very first year of business.

Kohler showroom, service repair, water heater installation, water softener installation, Kitchen & Bath remodeling, new construction, garbage disposals, WaterSense products