Exterior Renovations LLC

Founded 1999 • With Angi since June 2010

2405 Parview Rd

Middleton, WI 53562

Originally formed in 1999 serving Madison and surrounding communities, Exterior Renovations has evolved through hard work and determination to be one of Dane County’s best renovation companies. Communication, teamwork, quality craftsmanship, and on site supervision of projects from beginning to end

09/21/2022

Lori V.

Jason our project manager, and his crew, led by Javier were awesome. Jason was very responsive and checked in on the job site regularly throughout the process. The crew was on time every day and worked tirelessly to complete our new home’s exterior. They were working with materials specified by our architect that have not been used before in Madison- Exterior renovations was willing to work with us and the result is amazing! Their attention to detail and craftsmanship shows in the final results. We highly recommend Exterior Renovations!

Description of Work
New construction complete exterior

Category decks, siding

08/11/2017

Rachel H.

Initial meeting scheduling went fine. From there, we couldn't get a quote from them. We kept hearing "Friday." For months. We moved on to another vendor. We expected the project to take time to kick off, because every exterior renovation company is busy from last year's storm. We did not expect to have timelines set by the organization to be chronically missed. They clearly either can't handle the work load they've taken, or did not want our business.

Description of Work
Siding and window replacement

Category siding, replacement windows

11/15/2016

Kimberly A.

It was AMAZING! Casey kicked it off with his honestly. Then, their quote was very reasonable. They were phenomenal with their communication of what was happening in terms of getting supplies and timing. We needed to replace our front door as well, and they included doing that. The foreman, Sean, was wonderful. He was polite, courteous, and respectful. There was a hail storm right before they started and Sean climbed up on our roof to make sure that we did not have hail damage. The crew was amazing. They were punctual and hard working. Every night, the space in which they worked was immaculate. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this experience - from start to finish. Anyone who needs siding, windows, gutters, ANY exterior work would be lucky to hire this company.

Description of Work
I needed to have my cement board siding replaced. I was ready just to write a check and have it handled. Casey let me know that there was a class action lawsuit in place for the siding because of the materials with which it was made. He helped me with measurements to submit for the claim. He gave me advice on how to file the claim. It was a year between the time I had him come out and look at the siding to when I could hire them.

Category siding

07/06/2015

Jill F.

Casey Frisch was fantastic to work with. The crew on the job was extremely hard working, competent, and professional, despite having to work in severely cold temperatures.

Description of Work
Replaced all materials below the roofline of my screened-in porch, replaced deck, replaced front porch and front door. Used Azek flooring/decking and rail system for porch and deck.

10/27/2014

Jill F.

Exterior Renovations, and Casey Frisch in particular, is great. They are meticulous in their work, and very knowledgable about construction and products. They replaced my siding 5 years ago with Certainteed Fiber Cement siding and I am thrilled with the results.

Description of Work
Replace flooring on screened-in porch, replace screening, replace deck, replace entry door and front porch.

Category decks, remodeling, roofing, siding, doors

05/27/2014

Nancy I.

They really stand behind their work for years. Obviously I'd highly recommend them because I'm using them again. Everyone is pleasant and reliable. They clean up well after themselves and never hesitate to try to fix any complants.

Description of Work
They resided and reroofed our house in Madison. I just called them again because we need to get a new storm door.

Category roofing, siding, doors

04/21/2014

Cynthia V.

I had hoped to get the job done in November and before it snowed, but they didn't get started until late November because of poor weather pushing back the schedule. Then the first really cold spell hit in early December just as they were getting a good start and then it snowed. The guys were very good workers and did high quality work through very tough weather conditions. I've had to call for a couple of follow-up things and they have always responded quickly and to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
They put LP Smartside siding on my two-story home.

03/10/2014

Tibby T.

Exterior Renovations were professional and prompt for all the appointments and project days. They either called or e-mailed with up-dates on weather delays. I was surprised that my material options within my budget were ascetically reasonable and environmentally practical. The weather bumped my first scheduled rip-off day and then again, but as soon as it was safe and dry the rip-off and replacement of the roof took one day. The gutters and downspouts were next, and were not bumped and went up in an afternoon. Exterior Renovations crew was friendly to both me and my dog at all the appointments and project days. Parking in downtown Madison is difficult at the best of times, but their crew was courteous to my neighbors and juggled the dumpster pick-up and removal so that there were no troubles. When the roof was removed they did find rot - this was brought to my attention immediately and a solution was discussed and decisions were made on site. I did like that they sent out a crew after the work was done and the dumpster was removed to do a final clean-up and magnet the yard for any nails, along with recycling the materials removed (that could be recycled).

Description of Work
I had Exterior Renovations replace my roof because of weather damage (ice and hail) along with gutters and downspouts.

12/23/2013

Sara B.

This may be a good company for roofing, but I think it was a mistake to use them for my porch build. When he first came to estimate the job it started as a great experience. Nick was helpful and thourough through this process. He also made it very easy to make the decision to do the job because after sending him picture of what we were thinking he had a friend draw up the design for us. We only had to pick from a couple of designs and we saved time on this part of the process. Another really good thing about this company was that I had multiple jobs going on at once and he was very helpful in planning their work to fit around my other contractors. My concerns started on the first day of the job. I had asked Nick specifically during the initial estimate if his company had done many jobs similar to this and he reassured me that they had and mine would be no problem. The part he didn't tell me was that his company wasn't even doing the work, he had contracted the job out to another company. I should have stopped the job right then, but let them get started. This other company was nice, but not very professional it many ways. Mostly small things, like leaving garbage over the job site every day. But then other things like reports from my neighbors of unconventional ways of tearing down the old porch with debris falling against the house and windows, complaining about the company that had hired them, and one of them always on his phone. But I was willing to look over these things, as it appeared they were doing a good job. This was until they said the job was "done" They left the porch in a very unfinished state. They didn't caulk any of the seams, there are nail holes and many imperfections in their work. The columns had nicks and gouges in them. The lines on the porch itself are not straight. There are gaps and imperfections, boards on the exterior of the house were cracked, lines were not sanded smoothly, wavy edges. etc. There are exposed staple holes in the wood ceiling that were never filled. And after only having the porch 3 months, gaps between boards are getting larger! I contacted Nick and let him know I would not make payment till these things were fixed. The contractor came out and did a few repairs, but did not resolve all of the issues I had outlined. Unfortunately, I was out of time because the painters were ready to start. I had to pay them additional money to complete the caulking that should have been done as part of completing the job. I was out of time to give them more chances to do the work as they had promised. I did pay them for the job, but also send a note outlining our continued issues to the owner. The check was cashed, but never got a response from the email. The porch looks nice from a distance, but when looking up close it makes me a little sick to think about. I wish I wouldn't have been swayed by Nick's early on attempts to make this process easy for us and instead went with a contractor that has more experience in this type of work.

Description of Work
They removed our old front portico (porch) and put on a new one.

Category decks

11/03/2013

Rick M.

It went very well. They did very high quality work paying attention to the details. The crew worked well together and was efficient. They did the little things that make the difference such as the way they trimmed around the windows. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
New siding.

Category roofing, siding

03/07/2013

Steve C.

They did a fine job and did what we asked them to.

Description of Work
I used Exterior Renovations for snow removal on my roof to prevent ice dams.

Category snow removal

01/07/2013

Charles H.

Called and they were able to come out the same day and then they stayed late to finish so they wouldn't need to come back the next day. Got all of the snow off the roof as requested.

Description of Work
Climbed up on the roof and removed snow and ice dams

Category snow removal

06/01/2012

Jenny H.

We contacted three different contractors following a hail storm: a non-local door-to-door roofing company, "the big guys in town", and Exterior Renovations, at the recommendation of a friend. Casey was very forthright during the whole process, and helped us understand and navigate the insurance procedures. We schededule the work; it was several months before we could get into their schedule... but good things come to those that wait. The work they did on our roof, windows, gutters/downspouts, and screened porch was top notch. Their prices were fair - at one point I even compared the window prices to the big box store, and E.R. was more than fair in their pricing. The crews were clean, professional, and friendly, and really cared about how things looked. They even worked over the weekend to keep our project on time. They also went out of their way to make sure things looked good. For example, the guys noticed our porch door was broken when they were rescreening, and replaced it at no charge to us, just because they wanted the porch to look good all around. In another example, they saw we had a dog-house-sized chicken coop next to our house, and insisted they reroof it so that it matches the house. Way beyond what we would have expected. I'd highly recommend Exterior Renovations.

Description of Work
Exterior Renovations replaced our roof, windows, gutters, downspouts, and retrimed/rescreened our porch.

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows

04/29/2012

Suzanne C.

I was very pleased with the whole experience. Casey was great to work with. The estimate was right on and he was very responsive and timely. I had hail damage to my roof and Exterior Renovations was recommended by a coworker. The work crew was professional and did an excellent job and they cleaned up every evening at the end of the work day. Very professional - I would use them again and highly recommend Exterior Renovations.

03/26/2012

Julie O.

Finally, a company that exceeded my expectations! Casey Frisch was a delight to deal with. He was professional in every sense of the word and has been in the area doing business for a long time. He is definitely not one of those fly by night storm chasers that promise you everything just to get you to sign on the dotted line. Don’t be fooled by those guys, do your homework first. Casey Frisch provided us with a clear easy to understand bid upfront. The price was right where I had expected it to be. They started my project (new roof, siding and guttering) on time and finished the job ahead of schedule. I was impressed by the friendliness of the crew, the quality of their work and they did a great job cleaning up. I highly recommend Exterior Renovations and was impressed! Many of my friends have used them as well. It’s hard to find contractors you can trust. If you are looking for an honest company, to help you with your home projects, you will have a good experience with this one.

Description of Work
New roof, siding and guttering. Hail storm damage from 2011.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

11/18/2011

Thomas O.

Excellent experience. Like many homeowners in the Madison/Middleton area we sustained significant hail damage to our 15 year old roof this past year. A good friend of ours (a respected Middleton builder who has no financial ties to Exterior Renovations LLC) enthusiastically recommended Exterior Renovations. We contacted them as well as several other roofing contractors in this area and met with Casey Frisch, their sales representative, who bent over backwards to work with us on finding a shingle style that we liked. The estimate was competitive and fair. The crew was competent, punctual, meticulous about cleanup and very hard working. They often worked until nighttime to insure that the work was done in prompt fashion. The end result was a high quality, professionally installed roof that we are 100% satisfied with.

Description of Work
Complete tear off of old roof and installation of new roof.

Hensen Masonry LLC

Hensen Masonry, LLC is a family owned and operated business. Run by and Tony Hensen.

All American Gutter Protection

The best decision you'll ever make! All American Gutter Protection is an innovative gutter protection company that is established and manufactured in the USA, who prides themselves on the highest quality product, installation, customer service and satisfaction. Specializing in seamless aluminum gutters and a stainless steel micro filter gutter guard, All American Gutter Protection is the number one choice when it comes to all gutter needs. All American Gutter Protection uses only authorized, trained technicians and a lifetime performance warranty.

Next Door & Window

Here at Next Door and Window, we a ready to bring you the best options for your new window and home door project. Next Door and Window has the best windows by Marvin, Integrity, Marvin Infinity and Sunrise. Wood Clad, Vinyl and Fiberglass Windows and Entry and Patio Doors by Albany and Provia. Next Door and Window will have one of their highly trained professionals meet with you and discuss all the possible options for your window and door project, they will then provide you with a FREE NO OBLIGATION quote for your project. Best of all, Next Door and Window will paint or stain your window and trim to match any color you need with our paint match program. Most others leave the project for you to finish with paint or stain, but, at Next Door and Window we do that for you! Next Door and Window also provides the best installation procedures and materials to make certain your project is done right and we back it with the industries best warranties. We have a full team of installation and service professionals to answer your questions…fast! If a visit is necessary to your home we will work around your schedule within a half-hour window of time to handle your issue quickly, often within 24 hours. We have over 25 trucks in the field to serve you fast. We are there when you need us. Additional DBA - Wolt Window & Door. Additional showroom addresses: 815 E. Ogden Ave, Naperville, IL 60563, & 718 E Rand Rd Arlington Heights, IL 60004.

Offers Coupon

Roofing, siding (including installation of James Hardie products), decks & porches, windows, doors, masonry, additions, gutter repair & replacement, ice dam removal, insulation, ventilation, snow plowing & snow removal.