Alonso Landscape Service LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since December 2008

2503 Pleasant View Rd

Middleton, WI 53562

Welcome to Alonso Landscape Service, a full-service landscape company with one goal - making our customers happy. Our professionalism, dedication to quality and outstanding commitment to customer satisfaction has catapulted us to the forefront of landscape service providers in Dane County. At Alonso Landscape Service, landscaping is more than a job. It's an opportunity to create beauty and satisfaction for our customers. We ensure that our customers receive the time, attention and expertise each job needs for ultimate, timely, cost-effective results. From hardscaping to seasonal plantings, lawn maintenance to snow plowing, we view every job as our only job... until it is completed. We Are Fully Insured! For appointments, please call (608) 239-4577. ...

hardscaping (38)lawn & landscaping (30)lawn care (27)tree service (6)snow removal (5)fence company (5)Patios (4)mulch delivering (4)leaf removal (2)lawn treatment (1)

11/30/2018

Alonso et al. did a super job of digging out the stump, using a skidsteer-type machine. It took 3-4 hours, and they did leave a few tracks in the yard, but those will be fixed when spring comes (they've agreed to repair the affected grass). I thought the price of ~ $600 was great, the stump is gone, and they cleaned gutters at the same time, for a very reasonable price. They did arrive 30 minutes after expected, but it wasn't an issue. The stump was 2+ ft in diameter, with deep roots and they successfully removed main roots, and covered the area with my mulch when done.

Description of Work
Large spruce stump extracted

Category tree service,hardscaping

Work Completed On 11/09/2018

10/15/2018

Came out, look the place over, told us he would get us some ideas, and we never heard back from him again.

Description of Work
Landscspingy

Work Completed On 10/15/2018

07/12/2018

The Alonso estimator was very responsive, and gave me a great quote. I hired him on the spot. He let me know they would call when they could fit me in. I got the call about 5 days later, and they showed up on time, and had the job completed (very well) within 30 minutes. They hauled away all the debris so I didn't need to worry about it. We will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Removal of overgrown lilac and invasive box elder

Work Completed On 07/10/2018

06/05/2017

Their team arrived on the scheduled day and got everything done in a day. They did not use any heavy machines to protect the existing yard/landscaping and relied on manual labor

Description of Work
Remove playset and pea gravel around it and install sod

Work Completed On 05/11/2017

05/22/2017

It was OK. We thought the price was great for all that was done. Our walkway and rock garden look wonderful. The front yard looks great but they didn't seem to put as much effort into the backyard. The front was completely tore up and seeded while in the back they basically picked & chose patches of grass to cultivate and reseed. There was minimal communication with the owner and he only stopped by the first time to quote our price - he didn't come by during the 3 days his team was there and he never once called to see how things look. When I had complaints about the backyard he didn't do much apologizing and when I asked that he come by (while we were home) to look at the areas and reseed, he sent his team during a time I said we WOULD NOT be home. They reseeded the area and didn't even tell us they were going in the backyard! It wasn't until I noticed new seeds and called to ask. He didn't give us any information on how to keep upkeep the yard and there are A LOT of weeds still growing. He also didn't ask for payment after the work was done. It wasn't until we noticed the (very minimal) contract stated we would inquire a fee if paid after 30-days.. we called him (after many email attempts/requests to call us) to give our payment information and I can't help but think it was intentional so that we would have to pay extra. Our yard does look good now and I am happy with the outcome (other than the backyard not being as nice as the front) but I'm not sure about the communication/professionalism of the owner.

Description of Work
Lawn tore up and reseeded. New walkway and rock garden. Holes in grass area filled. Garden beds cleaned out.

Work Completed On 04/17/2017

05/18/2017

Alonzo came out to see the yard and discuss what I was looking for. He mentioned some tentative ideas about what could be done and identified some vague price options. He stated he would get back to me within the week with some estimates. I never heard from him again. Too many other landscapers out there to hire someone so careless about getting back to me. Do not recommend.

Description of Work
creation of flower beds and patio, possible drainage ditch or regrading to correct water collection

Work Completed On 05/18/2017

04/26/2017

I'd recommend this crew. I wanted to get the lawn re-seeded earlier in the spring so that I didn't have to water all the time and they came out within a week or two of giving me a quote. The price was right and the lawn looks pretty good. There are some patchy spots, but that's to be expected--sometimes the seed just doesn't take.

Description of Work
Alonso re-seeded my lawn this Spring, about 2,000 sq. ft.

Category lawn service,lawn treatment

Work Completed On 03/23/2017

04/18/2017

Alonso Landscaping did a great job with spring clean-up, installing a new bed, and fixing our fence. I could not be happier!

Description of Work
spring clean-up, installing a new bed, and fixing fence

Category fencing,landscaping,lawn service,mulch,hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/18/2017

Thanks [Member Name Removed] to work with us.

07/26/2016

Ramon and his crew were professional and friendly. They got the work done earlier than it was originally scheduled, and it looks terrific. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Dismantle and rebuild collapsing retaining walls

Category landscaping,hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/29/2016

07/03/2015

We had a very hot and cold experience with Alonso Landscaping. They were very responsive when we first asked for a quote to remove numerous shrubs and redo all of the landscaping in front of our house. The estimate came back quickly and was very reasonable compared to other companies. At that point, we wanted to change some of the plants Ramon used in the estimate. It took between 3 weeks to a month to get any further response with our changes. We would call Ramon on his cell, call the main office, and email but get no meaningful response. Then, Ramon responded, made the changes, provided the new estimate, and got his crew out in less than a week to do the work. I am not sure what caused the difference between the times when Ramon was incredibly responsive and the period where he was totally unresponsive. The work itself looks great. Ramon was very willing to work with us, listen to our thoughts on what we wanted, and put together a beautiful landscape that captured exactly what we wanted and made it look even better than we had imagined. His crew left a few branches from some shrubs they removed which they could have disposed of, left a very large landscaping stone in the yard instead of in the landscaping, and moved our hose from the backyard to the frontyard without returning it when they finished. They also broke a feature on our hose nozzle. Other than those couple small problems, it was great to work with Alonso.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Work Completed On 06/27/2015

Alonso Landscape Service was created in 2004 with the goal of bringing a new level of professionalism and value to the landscape design/build market. Our Mission is to provide quality professional service in lawn maintenance and landscaping and snow removal to the private and commercial sectors of the Dane County. Our Key Principles Are: • We live up to our promises • We listen to our customers • We provide a quality product at a reasonable price