Alonso Landscape Service LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since December 2008

Welcome to Alonso Landscape Service, a full-service landscape company with one goal - making our customers happy. Our professionalism, dedication to quality and outstanding commitment to customer satisfaction has catapulted us to the forefront of landscape service providers in Dane County. At

hardscaping (38)lawn & landscaping (32)lawn care (27)tree service (6)snow removal (5)fence company (5)Patios (4)mulch delivering (4)leaf removal (2)concrete driveways (1)lawn treatment (1)

09/27/2020

Gary K.

Did the job as expected

Description of Work
Lawn Aeration

Category fencing, lawn service

Cost $105.5

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

[Member Name Removed] thank you for this review! We try our best to give customers everything that they envision! All the best, and we hope to do more work for you in the future. Jen

12/24/2018

Wayne H.

Did a great job and did it quickly

Description of Work
Needed a rock garden built and fall clean up and tree trimming.

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/26/2018

10/31/2016

Susan S.

Never contacted me.

Description of Work
Never contacted me.

Work Completed On 10/31/2016

10/31/2016

William B.

It all went very well.

Description of Work
A retaining wall, correction of drainage issues, and a patio installation.

Category landscaping, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 10/21/2016

06/30/2016

Matthew C.

N/a

Description of Work
I contacted them through Angie's List and we made an appointment for Ramon to come out to the house to see the work and create an estimate. He was professional and friendly. He told use we'd have a quote in a few days. After about a week we hadn't heard anything so I followed up and was told they are busy so it would be a few more days. I followed up again in a week and was told a few more days. I then called at least twice and was told yet again they are busy and will have me an estimate in a few days. Well its has now been two months and they have yet to send me a quote. Obviously at this point we are not going to use Alonso Landscaping.

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/01/2016

04/15/2016

Sandra G.

Description of Work
Owner was nice, but not very available to answer questions. He didn't keep up with what was going on. For example--power washing of the patio nicely cleaned the surface of the pavers and removed weeds beginning to grow there. However, the sand to be brushed over the pavers--to keep new weeds from growing--wasn't put down for weeks and only after my insistence. By that time weeds were beginning to grow again. | We also noticed multiple places where sod was ripped up on areas of incline and on tight mower turns. Obviously, the huge lawn-mower was too heavy for conditions, especially when the lawn was soggy from recent rain. | Although there were problems with some of the other jobs we'd asked to be done, workers were generally busy and polite, although communication was an issue. | To be fair, I want to add that some jobs--power washing and deck refinishing--were well done by other professionals the owner had contracted for those jobs. |

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 07/10/2015

10/13/2015

Jennifer V.

Description of Work
Date of service: 10/13/2015 Cost of service: $46

09/30/2015

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/05/2015

01/06/2014

Lynn B.

They were responsive, on time, and did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Snow/ice removal in a difficult area behind my home.

Work Completed On 03/01/2013

09/23/2013

Lois F.

Ramon called me back promptly after leaving him a message. He arrived right on time for our scheduled meeting for an estimate. He was extremely polite and professional. He also brought a contract with him for me to review, where other business representatives were not that prepared. I decided to go with another company but Ramon was definitely on my list of potential companies to hire based on Ramon's prompt response and professionalism.

Description of Work
Provided estimate for snow removal.

Category snow removal

Work Completed On 09/23/2013

08/26/2013

Dawn K.

Great! Job took them around 20 minutes to do. They performed the shrub removal from the street so my lawn wouldn't get torn up.

Description of Work
Removed 5 arbor vitaes and ground the stumps

Category lawn service, tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/20/2013

07/01/2013

Eoin K.

I met with Ramon at my home and he provided an estimate verbally and then emailed an official proposal. Everything went according to plan. I think their work laying our new patio was excellent. They had to remove an original smaller concrete patio and then build one with pavers. They also built a very nice looking firepit with a high quality metal liner and an optional grate for the top. I think it was top notch work -very professional throughout. I need some grading work soon and a steps installed on the side of my house and I plan to contact them.

Description of Work
They built a paver patio including a firepit. They also cut away sod to install landscaping around our front porch.

Work Completed On 07/18/2012

05/29/2013

Christopher P.

The job was a bit tricky because he needed to remove a block which was glued in place. The new block needed to be cut to fit the curve of the rounded step. He was careful not to damage the other blocks and completed the job as promised. He cleaned up and was done in less than one hour.

Description of Work
I called Alonso Landscaping because we needed one block replaced on a stone step going to our deck, and one block replaced in a stone patio. We setup a time for him to come over and give an estimate. I supplied the blocks and within a couple of days he came over and did the work.

Work Completed On 05/26/2013

05/17/2013

Jennifer V.

Alonso Landscape Service LLC did the work in a timely manner, efficiently and very well. They were great, they worked hard with very few breaks and they got it done very well, exactly how we wanted. They were very hard working and they didn't sit around.

Description of Work
We used Alonso Landscape Service LLC to clear about 40 feet of thresh around our wood line, they did some earth for natural edging around our main garden and one of our backyard beds and added mulch to it, graded up the dirt we had and added straw to it and also did some spring clean up for us.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 05/08/2013

03/12/2013

Justin S.

They were able to do what we wanted at a lower price. They are probably not as high quality as a couple of the others that we got bids from but they did a very nice job and it was within our budget. They were able to do the work quickly. They installed a very nice looking patio. They did a careful job on the grating. We also liked how the fence turned out.

Description of Work
Alonso Landscape Service put in a stone patio on our backyard. They also installed a cedar fence in our yard.

Category fencing, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 05/22/2012

12/30/2012

kristen R.

We have utilized them for close to two years for Lawn, Landscaping and snow removal. They are a continual problem to get on the phone. It is truly a roll of the dice on if they will respond to a request. My wife had an email from them them stating they would conduct snow removal this year and that we didn't need to send them a contract, and yet when the snow came, myself, my wife and our in-laws had to hand shovel the driveway after we left them 3 messages. They finally called back after I threatened to pull all my business with them and insisted we needed a contract in place. Its now 9 days later and no contract from them. They obviously don't care about their existing customers.

Description of Work
Lawn care, snow removal, some land scaping.

Category landscaping, lawn service, snow removal

Work Completed On 09/13/2012

01/12/2012

Ruth S.

They do an excellent job on our yard.

Description of Work
I had the leaves raked up and taken away. I have been using them for years.

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 10/17/2011

09/13/2011

Nicholas M.

Overall the project was great. They showed up on time and worked all day during the hottest days of the summer. They were very easy to work with. Whenever I had a question, they would call me right back. I was able to make changes during the project and they worked with us to make those changes. The project came in on the quoted price.

Description of Work
We had them redo all the beds around the house and replace with new edging, landscape fabric, and landscape rocks. We also had them extend some of the beds to follow a more natural curve of the yard to just make it easier to mow. They also put in a new patio in the backyard with a built in fire pit and built in bench wall, taking the downspouts which did drain onto the old patio and ran them under the new patio. They also planted 25 to 30 new plants.

Work Completed On 08/01/2011

Review for Alonso Landscape Service LLC - 2503 Pleasant View Rd, Middleton, WI - 23475113

08/11/2011

marilynn M.

It went well last year. They were on time, on budget , and did a good job...However this year I called several times, and didnt get a phone call back. The calls made were in June and July- so outside the busy time of year

Description of Work
pulled up old grass and layed new sod. trimmed bushes and hedges

Category lawn service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/09/2010

07/15/2011

Ruth S.

The owner came first to give the estimate and look at the job. I paid once the work was complete. They worked for 10 hours, and did a great job. We're very happy and were very impressed with their work ethic!

Description of Work
They did some brick work around our driveway and flower beds, and also put mulch in the flower beds.

Category lawn service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/15/2011

06/15/2011

Susan T.

I called, left a message explaining what I needed, and never received a return phone call. I was hoping to find someone to establish an on-going landscape and snow removal relationship with, which I explained. Even with the promise of that kind of business, I didn't receive a return phone call.

Description of Work
I needed to have some old landscaping removed and replaced with new bushes/trees.

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 06/01/2011

01/05/2011

James P.

Really well. Very responsive on the estimate and the plan; had great ideas. Showed up on time for the job. It took two days instead of one, but they came right back the next day and finished up. I had a couple of things that I wanted adjusted, and they came right back and took care of it for me. It involved a little bit of additional work beyond their estimate, but they were totally fair and reasonable in adding a modest charge for the additional work. I thought the price was very fair. I checked prices for all the plants, and I could not have gotten them any cheaper anywhere. The remaining charges for the labor were very reasonable.

Description of Work
plan and execute an update of our landscaping. Took out old brick patio under our deck and replaced with river stone and steppers; put in additional rock mulch; planted a dozen or so new plants.