Cliff Bergin & Assoc Inc

Founded 1982 • With Angi since May 2000

6300 W Donges Bay Rd

Mequon, WI 53092

Cliff Bergin & Associates has been in business since 1982, with company roots dating back to the 1920s. We offer a variety of services in the residential and commercial areas. We employ high quality, licensed technicians and staff that will exceed your expectations. Visit our website at

01/30/2019

joel B.

I know plumbing issues on a Sunday night at 6 pm costs but I had a bursted pipe in a crawl space and needed help asap. they did send someone out timely (Jeremy). we went into the crawl space and the technician saw the problem and immediately got very irritated like I had done something against him! shaking his head and making me feel like this was just horrible for him. he actually looked disgusted. now maybe I'm wrong but I think you are suppose to make the customer feel like it will be ok, like "we got this" but no, his behavior just stressed me out more and I don't care how busy you were before me or if you're having a difficult day, it's bad business to make a customer feel more anxiety. water was just pouring out of this pipe and it's in a very difficult position to reach, actually in an even tighter space but I needed the water to stop and had no idea how to stop it. Jeremy turns some knobs on the water tank and then reaches up and finds a knob in the pipes under some insulation I had not seen before and shuts off the water. so I had missed turning off the pipe to the back of the house and that pipe burst. I'm relatively new to this property and had not seen that knob to turn the water off. there was one for the front but I figured it must be for both. it still didn't connect to me that this was the pipe to back of the house. the water stops thank goodness. Jeremy then goes on to tell me that I'll have no more water at all until the weather warms up and until they can get in there in spring. now I'm totally bummed but ok I can shower at parents who live close or at the gym. he goes on to tell me about the crack in the concrete where the well connects into the house near the water tank and how difficult that will be to repair and that the well which is under a deck (with access) will need to be all torn out and we are looking at a 4k to 5k bill. Jeremy is the professional, I need to rely on him. I have to trust what he's telling me is true so ok if it needs to be done, I better start saving up for this huge bill come spring. then it dawns on me ( yea I'm slow) the water in the pipe was pouring away from the house, going out of the house so I ask him why do I not have water if it's going away from the water tank and his reply I swear I couldn't understand. I ask again and again. I even say to him " we are not connecting I'm not understanding what you're saying" and I'm sorry I don't recall I really don't what he was saying here but then he turns more knobs on the water tank and it starts to fill up? then Jeremy says well you'll have water but your pump will burn out soon. it's overheating then shutting down to cool so it will burn out but this just doesn't wash for me. I mean ok that may be true but you had just said I will need to bathe elsewhere until the weather gets warmer and why didn't you just say to me in plain English, "dude you left the water on to the back and that pipe burst as a result. nope, not once did he mention that or clarify the issue. remember I'm just a dumb customer who is trusting this man to be ethical. so we crawl back out and he gives me a 308.00 dollar bill. like I said I know this costs on a sunday at 6pm but this was perhaps 30 minutes and he turned off the faucet that feeds water to the back of the house. 300 bucks....... ok. this morning, I had a well specialist (Liebau-Laun) look at the issue and it was his opinion that yes you'll need to repair the burst pipe in spring but I'm fine, that it is possible the pump will burn out but that is not a big deal and that the crack in the concrete floor where water was coming out needs to be dried up and patched not to worry about powering out concrete to repair and a patch will do fine. not to worry about tearing out my deck to mess with the well. ( he left and charged me nothing) I called Bergin and spoke to mr. Bergin and explain to him my position here. his response was, "I'm sorry, I'll need to talk to Jeremy about this". NEVER TOOK MY NUMBER, NEVER SAID, "LET ME GET BACK TO YOU", OFFERED NO CREDIT BACK. so I said, ok thank you and that was it. very disappointing on so many levels.

Description of Work
pipe burst

Category plumbing, wells

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Plumbing and HVAC problems are not something that irritate our team; we offer emergency service because we're happy to help when you need it most. In this case, however, Jeremy was not comfortable with you following him into the crawlspace where he was working, something that compromised his safety and yours. Nevertheless, our plumber did resolve your immediate issue and communicated the same diagnosis on the well pump as you received from Liebau Laun, all while handling your personal comments like a true professional. We strive to provide great service, but also make every effort to be respectful of clients and hope they will do the same for our employees.

09/18/2018

James A S.

They did a good job. They did a nice job but they're a bit expensive.

Description of Work
They replaced 2 faucets.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review. Please note that according to our service history, we did replace two faucets for you and in addition, performed a variety of other plumbing repairs. (checked over sump discharge and installed water supply valves under both sinks). We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

09/18/2018

James A S.

They came here and worked all day. I am forever grateful. Pricing was reasonable.

Description of Work
They did my drainage from my house.

Category drain pipe

Thank you for your review. We are happy to be able to serve our friends and neighbors in Cedarburg!

07/02/2018

DIANE N.

The proposal by Bergin was one of the lowest we received, and the work went exactly as planned. The installation team was friendly, professional, and completed the work ahead of schedule.

Description of Work
Replace two furnaces

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you, [Member Name Removed] for the kind review. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and your neighbors in [Member Information Removed]

02/14/2018

Nancy B.

It went very well and we are pleased with our new furnace.

Description of Work
We have a new Carrier furnace installed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the positive review. We certainly appreciate your business!

02/09/2018

DAN D.

So, the super clogged kitchen drain got taken care of yesterday. Today I wanted to load the dishwasher and, CRAP, it was full of water and obviously clogged. Called Cliff Bergin and they sent Chuck out within the hour. Chuck is a great guy, saw the problem and replaced the clogged vent to the dishwasher. He then took the time to give me three "household kitchen plumbing maintenance tips" which I will use henceforth. This followup call was NO CHARGE....I'll definitely be using C-B again and will refer them to anyone that asks!

Description of Work
super clogged kitchen sink....with subsequent dishwasher clog the very next day

Category plumbing

Thank you for the kind review and vote of confidence in our service! We look forward to serving you in the future.

10/23/2017

Michael V.

Kelly was very professional and gave me some general maintenance tips that I could do myself to prevent issues in the future. Replaced the Ignitor which was past due.

Description of Work
Annual furnace cleaning and check.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our service, we certainly appreciate your business and look forward to serving your hvac and plumbing needs in the future.

10/19/2017

Yuriy E.

They are pretty reasonable on the price. Everything was done nice. The only concern that I have an issue with was with my furnaces, the air vent. The guy that was doing it, did do everything and fixed the problem and showed me, but the problem came back 6 months after the visit. He did show me where the problem was but didn't fix the problem to it wouldn't exist. He did a perfect job cleaning furnace but didn't offer me a solution to fix the problem. I would give them a "B" for professionalism, because they could have offered to fix the problem, cause 6 months later I had to fix it myself. I would use them again if they are competitive with the price.

Description of Work
2 furnaces cleaning.

10/13/2017

Ruth S. A.

Our Old House was built in 1952, and the plumbing was not up to date. We had Cliff Bergin to work on our plumbing problem, They send Jeremy to our home, and Jeremy replaced the pipes under the kitchen sink so that the drain water from the right hand side will not back up to the left side of the sink, and also the dishwasher drain water will not back up to the kitchen sink. He also replaced pipes on the basement. I was very impressed with the calmness & knowledge of Jeremy, because he was able to explain to me what needs to be done & why is it needed.

Description of Work
Plumbing Service

Category plumbing

Thank you, [Member Name Removed] for the great review! We take pride in performing high quality workmanship at a fair price. We look forward to serving your plumbing and hvac needs in the future.

08/14/2017

Janice W.

He came out on a timely basis. He communicated well and solved the problem.

Description of Work
Our A/C went out. The young man took the cover off of my A/C unit and showed my husband a birds nest had been built in our unit. He showed my husband a better way to clean the unit. He also installed a new part.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve your plumbing and hvac needs.

08/09/2017

Russell S.

slow and the price was high - they didn't follow up and we finished with another company

Description of Work
ac repair for leak

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mr. [Member Name Removed], We apologize that your experience was less than expected. Our records indicate that our technician was at your home on 07/25/17 for a no air conditioning call. He found the unit low on refrigerant, charged up the unit and added dye for future leak detection. Two days later, on 07/27/17, we were at your home for an unrelated repair and our technician noticed that there was dye in the drain line and diagnosed the evaporator coil as needing replacement. Our notes indicate a price to replace the coil was given on 07/31/17. (Also, please note that the address listed above is not the address where we show the work was performed.) Please accept our apologies if we did not get the quotation to you as quickly as you anticipated.

08/09/2017

Kaye V.

Prompt response and problem was fixed.

Description of Work
Plumbing: backups in bathroom pipes.

Category plumbing

Thank you, Ms. [Member Name Removed] for the great review! We appreciate serving you and your neighbors and look forward to working with you in the future.

04/10/2017

CHERYL M.

I could smell gas almost immediately. I called them and the technician came back right away, spent a significant amount of time, said he fixed it and left. It got a little better but I definitely could still smell gas. So then I called We Energies, who sent a tech out and verified that indeed there continued to be a gas leak from the new line. When I called Cliff Bergen back a second time, they questioned whether there was really a gas leak. But they came out again and finally fixed it.

Description of Work
Run a gas line from the source in the basement to the kitchen for a gas stove. (Previous stove was electric)

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, gas leak repair

03/29/2017

Kaylyn K.

I called and they were able to fit me in the same day. The price quoted was in line with what I paid. Adam provided me with answers to all my questions. He was very professional and did an excellent job in a very timely manner. Thank you.

Description of Work
Our sump pump stopped working. I was able to rig it so that it functioned but not well.

Category wells

Thank you, [Member Name Removed] for your kind review. We certainly appreciate your business and would love for you to share your experience with your neighbors and friends. We look forward to serving you in the future!

11/24/2016

JENNIFER G.

I was disappointed in their service once I had the village inspector come to clear the permit they had pulled. The inspector explained that we needed to have a chimney liner installed and this was for safety reasons. I called Bergin and asked why the plumber who came did not inform us of this and offer to do it or at least offer to help us find someone to do this, and they told me that sometimes they don't have to depending on the municipality. (I would expect if they pulled a permit, they would know what my municipality requires.) I have since checked and found that is quite standard for all water heater replacements as it is a now required safety feature across the country. It will cost me an additional $500 to have them install this chimney liner, and I am disappointed that I need to pay this additional fee when they were here and could have possibly done it or helped us line up someone else. This has pushed the cost of a replacement water heater way out of the acceptable cost range and has put us in a bind, having to find someone else to do it. Had I known about this chimney liner issue, I could have made a more informed decision about the water heater replacement. I am really disappointed this has happened.

Description of Work
We had our hot water heater go out the day before Thanksgiving. We needed it replaced.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Thank you for taking the time to review our services; we appreciate your business! ~Cliff Bergin & Associates, Inc.

11/16/2016

Steve D.

This review would be much more favorable if the work that Cliff Bergin and Associates did for me ended as well as it started. This company has many good reviews, so hopefully for the rest of you current and future customers, this was an isolated occurrence. In summary, the quoting and scheduling process went well, most of the technicians’ work was good and professional, and the price for the work fit my budget. However, the technicians did not install the final few feet of the gas line and corresponding components and fittings as required by my inspector, which was explained to them prior to the work beginning. After three weeks of trying to work with them to finish the job, I ended up fixing the installation error myself, which required a new piece of siding, disassembly of numerous components, shortening of the gas line and reinstallation of that entire end in a different location. I also caulked several holes and painted exposed pipe which were supposed to be done by them. I finally just paid the initial bill after receiving a second one with a finance charge that I refused to pay. I’ve voiced three complaints to the company since I finished the job, and all of them have been ignored. I don’t let poor customer service go without at least calling out the company. Maybe there are some reasonable explanations, but I’ve been given none, and I’m very disappointed in the way Cliff Bergin and Associates let this service end.

Description of Work
I needed a natural gas line installed between my house and new detached garage.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

10/10/2016

Susan L.

Bergin gives consistently excellent service. Plumbers are knowledgeable and professional. I have used Bergin plumbing for over twenty years for both HVAC and plumbing. I have Never had a bad experience.

Description of Work
Anode replaced on water heater, parts replaced on shower plumbing.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

09/11/2016

DALE M.

Couldn't have been happier with the job, promptness, friendliness and professionalism. The need for an emergency call on a holiday understandably made it more expensive than it would otherwise have been. But we've never had a bad experience with this company, and this was another example.

Description of Work
Replaced water heater -- emergency holiday service

Category water heater repair

07/02/2016

Christopher G.

Great! The plumber from Bergin arrived on time, worked quickly, and installed the new toilet with no problems - everything is A-OK. In addition, he was meticulous, put "booties" on before coming indoors, was very neat and efficient. Bergin has always done great work for me, this time and in the past!

Description of Work
install new toilet

06/04/2016

Deepak S.

It was very good. They were professional and courteous. I had a good experience. They do not have a fixed rate for projects, they only offer hourly services.

Description of Work
They repaired a leaking sink in my half bath.

06/03/2016

monica L.

plumber was good but i think way overpriced for the work. i know 2 service calls were involved but it seems other providers are far more competitive now. we had used bergin for years and never bothered to get addl quotes.

Description of Work
disconnected and reconnected kitchen faucet and garbage disposal to allow for new countertop installation

02/17/2016

Stacey W.

They were great. We called for an appointment and had a service provider the next day. The price was right, the plumber was courteous, and the job was well-done.

Description of Work
Installed new faucet and caulked sink

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

11/06/2015

Richard M.

Excellent service. Arrived on time, performed above and beyond expectation. Recommended further work and discussed options before going ahead and performing the work. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Furnace cleaning and service.

07/25/2015

Mary M.

After coping with an annoying plumbing problem for over a year I contacted Bergin to look into it. On the first day they identified the problem as broken pipes under a den floor. The pipes carried waste and water from a second floor bathroom. Gary Bergin advised me to contact my insurance carrier and recommended Kelmann restoration to come in to de-contaminate the area. For 10 days I had to use a rented porta potty and take bucket baths. There being only a crawl space under the den Kelmann came in to remove the floor completely. They brought in contamination equipment and removed the soil. After the soil was removed they filled the area with gravel. The house was vacated for 24 hours so the air could be cleansed. Now it was back to Bergin to remove the faulty pipes and install new pvc. A crew of two came in to do the work. Concern was that the pipes between the house and the septic would be in bad condition. Replacement would entail disassembling a deck and tearing through a flower garden. The Bergin crew cleaned out the pipe and sent a camera down the pipe between the house and tank. They pronounced it in fine condition. Besides--while a small amount of work needed to be done at the side of the house they were very careful not to disturb the plants. Kelmann came back to put in a sub floor and we are now awaiting a new maple floor to be installed in early August. I want to thank Gary Bergin for his management of the project, good advice and sensitivity to my distress. Thanks to the staff member who cleverly identified a problem that was complex. Thanks to the two crew members who did the pipe replacement and saved me from an even more expensive procedure. Bergin has been a life-saver--helping me deal with an extremely stressful situation.

Description of Work
Identified persistent problem; advised on scope of project and recommended Kelmann for needed restoration; performed pipe replacement under floor with no basement; saved my extensive garden and deck by identifying sound pipes outside;

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, remodeling, septic tank, drain cleaning

(Removed member name), Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the services we provided for you! We will be certain to pass along your kind words to all involved in your project. Thank you very much for your business!

07/23/2015

Danette C.

We bought our house when it was about 13 years old. Very shortly after moving in, the HVAC system started falling apart piece by piece, usually on the coldest day in winter or the hottest day in summer. While it took a week or so to schedule an apt for a new A/C, all our little crisis in the winter were taken care of same day. Whether working inside or out, things were always left neat and clean.

Description of Work
We have used this provider many times for furnace repair/replacement and air conditioner repair/replacement . They are a bit pricier than some competitors but the work is done quickly and well with high quality equipment/parts. Everyone from the receptionist to the technicians to the owners are friendly and professional.

KruseScape

Family ran and locally owned company, specializing in all your land management needs, including excavation, exterior piping, land clearing, demolition, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

TJ's Hauling Service Inc

We are a hauling company that offers a variety of different services, will haul away 1 item to as many as you have. For more information please call or visit or website www.tjshaulingservice.com.

Award 2022
    Totally Clean

Totally Clean is a small family owned and operated air duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning company. We pride our selves on providing an exceptional service from beginning to end. Our company only uses the best air duct cleaning technology to get your ductwork properly cleaned. Our air duct cleaning company services Southeast Wisconsin. Primarily we work a lot in Milwaukee County, Ozaukee County, Racine County, and Waukesha County. We have developed a streamlined process and our customers love us for it. You can count on us to be honest, transparent, and up front about our pricing. We do not have any hidden fees, nor do we try to upsell you on services that we know you do not need! Therefore, our company is highly rated on Google and Facebook. We look forward to working with you whether you need your air ducts cleaned and/or your dryer vent cleaned. You will want to leave us another 5-star review when you work with us! Totally Clean loves our customers and it shows!

Award 2022
    Offers by Totally Clean on Angi

Ask for details / Sr. Discount on service only
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Plumbing & Remodeling, Water Heaters, Water Conditioning & Testing, Well Pumps, Heating, Air Conditioning, Indoor Air Quality, Generators, Service & Sales

We have the ability to perform a total bathroom or kitchen remodel, bringing in contractors for tiling, electrical and carpentry work.