Aluma- Trim Of America

Founded 1947 • With Angi since May 2000

10134 N Port Washington Rd

Mequon, WI 53092

Family owned & operated. Since 1947, Aluma Trim of America has treated our customers with the same care we would want for ourselves. Through three generations we've taken great pleasure providing siding, window installation, trim, roofing and gutters. Free estimates are available for all services.

06/17/2020

Lori E.

In 2019, we had our roof replaced. I appreciated the straightforward, interview process. Terri's suggestions were right on. The job proceeded on schedule and Terri visited the site regularly. Terri listened to any questions or concerns promptly and respectfully. His crew was conscientious, considerate and skilled. Our home had complicated flashing issues, as we have irregular lannon stone. This was where craftsmanship and care really showed through. In 2020 we needed 14 new windows. After researching extensively, I determined that the best windows are worthless, if the install is not done with expertise. So, we turned to Terri. He guided us to a good window company choice and good window-style solutions. Again, he was on site routinely. His installers, Keith and Ron, come with decades of experience, and pride in their work. We love our new windows and have just contracted for 2 new garage windows. Terri's prices are very reasonable, especially when you realize that you get peace of mind, in addition to a significant improvement to your home.

Description of Work
Roof replaced in 2019 and 14 windows replaced in 2020

Category contractors, roofing, replacement windows

09/04/2019

DANIEL W.

Aluma-Trim of America installed vinyl siding and aluminum trim on my house. The price was competitive and they were a pleasure to do business with. Terry led our project and delivered a great result. His install team (Keith and Ron) are experienced craftsmen. They did quality work and were pleasant to work with. We're very satisfied with the finished product and highly recommend Aluma-Trim of America.

Description of Work
Vinyl Siding and Aluminum Trim

Category siding

09/10/2018

Margaret D.

This was the best experience we have had in homeownership. Michael was extremely knowledgable from the beginning, answered all of our questions without pressuring us to make a decision immediately. He is a very honest contractor as well. Our windows were quoted, ordered, received in on the date expected, installed over a few days and cleaned up immediately. Without knowing we had windows replaced, you could not tell because it was SO clean afterwards. Windows themselves are excellent quality. Price was exactly what we expected to pay based on averages in the area. We had one company come in 3 times as expensive and then two that were right in the same range. The superior service level promised, and research backed up that promise through reviews online, are why we went with Aluma Trim originally. Overall, we are extremely happy with this experience and will use Aluma Trim in the future for all of our needs they provide.

Description of Work
Window Replacement - Whole House

08/17/2018

Arielle B.

Went great! Would use this company again.

Description of Work
A new front window

08/17/2018

Arielle B.

Terry and his team were great! Best price and service hands down. I will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Picture window with two side windows

08/14/2018

john S.

A fantastic company . Everyone from the salesperson to the installers was professional, knowledgeable, friendly and on-time. They took time to explain the options available. The product we chose was reasonably priced, looks great and functions very well. We're very happy and would wholeheartedly recommend this company for your window needs.

Description of Work
Replaced a number of our duplex windows with double-hung windows.

02/19/2018

Ali L.

Fantastic! Great employees, fair price and made any hiccups go smoothly by taking responsibility and delivering quality customer service : really! Not many companies left like this one: fair prices , great quality and accountable for whole process...I could have paid more or less but I could not have found better!

Description of Work
Window replacement 1/2 of home

05/31/2017

Terry S.

Terry, the President of Aluma-Trim, assessed the work that needed to be done in an earlier visit, then showed up with his crew to explain to them what needed to be completed. Upon removal of the old facia, it was determined rotten boards and trim needed to be torn out and replaced before new facia could be installed. The gentlemen did an excellent job of replacing the rotten wood and then fabricating new facia, installing it, and then caulking. The weather stripping was then replaced. The crew was very professional, as well as personable, answering any questions I had. The work site was returned to it's original condition. Would not hesitate to utilize their services again as well as referring them to others. I was kept apprized as to what was going on by Terry, from my initial contact through the completion of the job.

Description of Work
Replacement of the aluminum facia around the garage door, along with new weather stripping.

Category garage doors, roofing

05/08/2017

Leslie or David R.

Good! Once window was measured and ordered, installation was about a week later and only took a few hours.

Description of Work
Installed new window

05/06/2017

Ross S.

The quotation process went well. Terry Grossman called back promptly after my initial inquiry. He came out as scheduled and got back to me promptly with a quote. He presented it very professionally. No scare tactics, no high pressure, no gimmicks. All in all, Terry was very pleasant to deal with. While I'm still deciding if the work quoted fits into my budget, I would definitely consider Aluma-trim to perform this work.

Description of Work
Received siding quote

Category insulation, siding

04/18/2017

Gary W.

It went very well. Small delay because of weather, but overall excellent job and we are very happy with the results. Very responsive and excellent quality, pleased with Luma Trim and would recommend them for other jobs. No pressure during pre sales discussion which was great. Assisted with color and other details, very easy and enjoyed working with them.

Description of Work
Removed existing siding and hauled away. Tynek on outer walls, installed insulated vinyl siding. Trimed soffit, and fascia with double baked alum. Installed rain drip leaf guard on all gutters, installed new cutters. Trim over head garage door, insulated patio door and trim.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

07/21/2016

Shirley H.

Terry was able to come out the next day as he was going to be in the neighborhood. He seemed to be in a hurry while I walked him around the house, we eventually settled on doing just the 3 sections at the front of the house and two sections in the back where the paint is mostly chipping. We are looking at 1 /3 of the surrounding area of a 2000 square foot ranch house and 4 front posts (he said they will do the repair of the wood post), he quoted me $3900 verbally without giving me any details or paper estmate. I thought it was so odd, while he was working the #'s, he was umming and sighing left and right. He didn't seem to want to do the job as he just complained about some of the work he may have to do to get around, maybe they are already too busy and could care less if they get the job or not. When I responded the estimate is a lot more than what I expected. He seemed to be agree with how expensive it is as well and turned around and got in the car. It is not a positive customer friendly experience. Of course I did not hire them because he did not make me want to even hire them.

Description of Work
I called Aluma out to get an estimate to wrap the soffit and fascia and the 4 front posts with aluminum as the existing paint is chipping.

Category roofing, siding

06/30/2016

Melanie B.

Great work!! Keith is a perfectionist, which is exactly what I wanted. Love the work and will call again if needed. As far as price, I wish I would have known there was a coupon on Angie's list. Terry never mentioned this as we spoke about price and where I found out about the company.... But, the quote was competitive and Terry responded to ALL my calls and concerns. This was most important to me, as well as quality work. Thanks Aluma-Trim!

Description of Work
Siding repair and replacement, gutter replacement and trim work.

Category gutter repair, siding

06/21/2016

Troy H.

Aluma-Trim was the first company I called and the first to respond. Which is rare when trying to get to get quotes. I explained to Terry that it was my first time getting siding on anything and had no clue on what to get, He explained that he would bring some samples and give me some general ideas on what to look for. I was very pleased on our first meeting, not only did he explain my options, but he explained to me what would be done and even gave me a quote on the spot. I decided to go with this company because the price was fair and Terry was the only salesman that took the time to explain things to me. I am very grateful for that. I also liked how I met the guy who was going to do the job before he started. While my garage was being worked on Terry came by and checked on how things were going. I also really appreciated on how the sider was kind enough to move when we needed to get out of our garage. I have to say that having one guy work on my garage was well worth it. Not only did the garage turn out great but you can tell how much experience and skill went into the work. I have to say that true craftsmanship is getting harder to find, but Aluma-Trim provided me that service. I plan to use this company when I get the house sided in the next two years. I would like to say thanks for the great service and the time you took to explain this to me.

Description of Work
Removed old and damaged siding and gutters on the garage. Trimmed soffit, fascia, service door, and overhead door with double baked aluminum. Installed seamless alum gutters and downspouts. Resealed and insulated garage walls. Installation of double four vinyl. Also extra carpentry on damaged and rotted wood.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

06/06/2016

WILLIE M.

The roof of my house has a 3’ overhang that is flat and surrounds the entire house. A room addition (10 x 11), also has a flat roof. The roof has no gutters, only down spouts. The problem was twofold: (1); water was puddling in a number of places and was not draining to the downspouts; (2) downspout openings were above the level of the roof and water reaching the openings could not always drain. I contracted with Aluma-Trim in June, 2014 to fix these problems. They agreed to repitch the roof and re set downspout openings. That would have fixed both problems. The work was completed in October. After the first rain, water was cascading over the roof edges. Neither problem was fixed. More water than ever was still standing in places around the roof, and downspout openings were still too high for standing water to drain. In addition, roofing rubber used inside the openings was not glued properly, came loose and shrank the openings themselves to less than half normal size. All in all, it was a poor job. I contacted Mike Grossman soon afterwards and he and his roofing guy came out to take a look. They promised corrections would be made. Did not hear anything else from Mike. In early summer 2015, I called Mike and reminded him of the problem. He said he had spoken to the roofing guy and they would take care of it. It is now October 2015, a full year after notifying them of the problem, and I have heard nothing from Aluma-Trim. As part of this job aluminum soffit and facia was also installed. The facia has waves in a number of places (does not lie flat). Because shorter pieces of material were used across the front of the house, it is unappealing.

Description of Work
Repitched roof overhang and installed rubber roofing. Removed old aluminum soffit & facia and replaced with new.

06/06/2016

WILLIE M.

Description of Work
Repitched & recovered a 3ft wide roof overhang that surrounds the house. Removed old facia & soffit and replaced with new.

01/06/2016

Scott G.

Project well well with one hitch which Alumatrim promptly took care of. Windows in the living room would not close properly after installation. Terry took care of the problem and the window manufacturer came out, checked the windows and determined they needed to be replaced. They re-manufactured those three windows and installed them. Alumatrim wouldn't take a penny for the project until we were completely satisfied.

Description of Work
Replacement windows for entire house.

01/04/2016

Scot H.

I have used this company a few times for siding and roofing work. Terry is a man with high standards, and also has had the integrity to tell me when he thought siding on part of a building was in good shape and really didn't need to be replaced.

Description of Work
Wrapped window trim in aluminum.

Category roofing, replacement windows

12/08/2015

Holly B.

Michael was very courteous. He discussed options with me which would cost less than my original thoughts, and his recommendations were great. He was very communicative and professional in all interactions and the work was performed in a timely manner.

Description of Work
I needed new siding on my garage and a replacement trim piece on my house.

12/08/2015

Laurel M.

excellent craftmen and willing to customize for no additional money - e.g., they wrapped white trim on the corner upright of the garage and finished it in the same gray as the shingles next to it I have recommended them to others in the neighborhood.

Description of Work
installed aluminum trim on all wood trim for house and garage

12/06/2015

Diane J.

We originally hired AlumaTrim for an emergency siding repair, and they were very responsive. We then hired them for additional work with gutters and such and found them to be professional and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Replaced some windows and a door. Extended gutters. Repaired siding.

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows, doors

11/30/2015

Katie M.

They do tend to run a little late, otherwise they get straight A's from me. They're busy too but in my case, it was worth the wait, a couple weeks. They diagnosed and corrected siding installed wrong and tyvec taped around windows solving all water issues except one. They finally took out the window with the last stubborn leak only to find a hole drilled in the top of the almost new window frame inadvertently caused by a different company who installed them. They reinstalled and capped the window top with siding trim/diverter, solving all water issues. They came back three times, until the pesky last problem was fixed, so happy they stuck with me!

Description of Work
Diagnosed and fixed siding and window issues causing weather related water/leaking problems.

08/08/2015

Nancy S.

Contacted Aluma Trim for proposal about February as one of four contractors. Came out right away and gave estimate. Contacted Terry around end of April and signed contract; I went with Aluma Trim (all were using the same siding) as he explained everything, and his quote was what I asked for, not what he wanted to sell me on.There was no pressure to sign now for better price, like some, and was the most cordial and respectful. Contact me in June and said would start that coming Thursday and that there would be a dumpster in driveway. As driveway is quite narrow could not put too far back. Started to remove siding Thursday and actually sided part of the back of the house. Each day could see the progress they were making and had an opportunity to speak with the person who appeared to be foreman (don't recall his name) if there was anything I needed to do to protect all the plants around the house. Also talked about what was the best for the front door trim area as if put up to storm frame siding would stick out and insulation under siding would be visible. This had to do with the way the door was designed and the wood trim that was on the front area around the door. Came to a decision on what to do knowing there would be an additional cost. As they needed to get black trim also had them trim out one window that had not been done previously. They also needed to replace trim on one side of a kitchen window as it was cut when the siding was removed. The job was completed within a week, dumpster removed and house looked wonderful. They also cleaned up every evening when they left, but did explain they had a tool to pick up nails but they used aluminum nails so wasn't too effective. They had some tight areas to work in due to this being an old neighborhood with houses fairly close. I lost two newly planted rosebushes as it was a close area ( I have since reordered from supplier) and hostas on the southside of the house were crushed, however they are coming back. Southside of house also has rock bedding for plants and to minimize weeds, close to neighbor and have picked up over 50 nails out of the flower beds but as noted before they had a lot to work around, close house on south side and flower beds east & west sides. These were minimal issues and were not of too much concern. I would not hesitate to recommend this company for siding replacement.

Description of Work
Replaced siding on house, did some trim work.

Category contractors, insulation, replacement windows, doors

07/28/2015

Dennis B.

Aluma-trim's worker showed up on time and worked consistently until the job was done. The worker was professional and efficient informing us of any changes that had to be made as he worked. He always cleaned up after himself at the end of the day. Most of all, the work is beautiful and adds great value to our home and neighborhood. We are repeat customers of Aluma-trim and wouldn't hesitate to use them again or recommend them to others. If you need siding or windows, use Aluma-trim.

Description of Work
We had the trim, soffits, fascia, overhead garage door frames, and gutters framed and/or replaced.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

06/08/2015

Troy B.

I had damage to a few pieces of siding around my service door and i had replaced some old windows and needed the outside trim updated to match the rest of the house. I was contacted very quickly by Michael and he dropped by and took a look and wrote me a quote to reflect what i thought would be a very easy job. He scheduled me in very quickly and he guys came out to do the job. The job turned out to be a bit more than what was expected yet he and his crew went above and beyond to get it done right. He even pulled old siding out of some old personal inventory to match my crazy out of date older siding that isn't available any longer. All without driving the price up even after have to come back a second day. I can't say enough good things about these guys, professional all the way and the work they did looks awesome! Highly recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
Siding repair, and wrap on three updated windows.

Category siding, replacement windows