Over the Top Roofing & Construction

Founded 1994 • With Angi since January 2007

N59W14464 Bobolink Ave Bobolink Avenue

Menomonee Falls, WI 53051

Over the Top Roofing and Construction was established over a decade ago and have built a reputation for exceptional work and customer satisfaction. We have earned our reputation for excellence by delivering personalized service and expert installations. We can repair any damage to exterior of a home or building and make a difference in the appearance of your home. Over the Top Roofing and Construction has a perfect record with the BBB and we are fully bonded and insured. We know that choosing a contractor is a very important decision that you, the customer, will make because you live with the results of the work for years to come. Our customers know that they will receive outstanding workmanship and value for their dollar. Please note that we do charge credit card fees back to the customer....

roofing (233)gutter repair (65)chimney repair (40)skylight installation (15)woodworking (12)window replacement (8)siding companies (7)door installation (5)tile installation (4)roof cleaning (3)insulation (3)decks & porches (3)

10/13/2021

Gary W.

Ben the Project Estimator came out for a quote and when he was inspecting the areas that needed the repair he just went ahead and pounded the popped out areas into place at no charge what-so-ever. AAAAA+++++ for this company. We will definitely use this company again without question.

Description of Work
3 or 4 vinyl siding panels have popped out at the bottom and needed to be re-inserted back into position.

Category ceramic tile,siding

Work Completed On 10/13/2021

06/21/2021

David K.

Perfectly! Great work and Over-The-Top was responsive and eager to assist with our project.

Description of Work
Removed old concrete asbestos tile roof and new gutters. Also skylight replacement.

Category gutter repair,roofing,skylights

Work Completed On 06/22/2021

03/12/2021

Kathy H.

Work was done quickly. Amazingly quick! Rich was great. DeAnna was very helpful. Workers were professional and made sure they didn’t leave a mess. Highly recommend this business.

Description of Work
Gutter work

Category ceramic tile,gutter repair

Work Completed On 03/12/2021

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you. Please let us know if there is anything we can help with in the future.

10/21/2020

Ryan Z.

We don't know yet. Chris came out to give us a quote on September 23rd and told us what work would be completed and said that they were scheduling 2 weeks out. He also stated that a temporary fix would be put into place. After 2.5 weeks of not hearing from them at all, we decided to call them. Left 2 voicemails on separate days, one during business hours and one off hours. Did not hear back. Decided to call Chris directly and told him about the situation. Still no call back from the scheduling office so we called again during business hours again. This time, someone answered and said we are "in line", but can't put us into the schedule due to the weather. We already put down the 1/2 down payment to get on their schedule and have had no services performed yet. The weather has not been too bad this Fall, and would have expected a more realistic timeframe for repairs right from the start and we would have gotten one more quote before signing the contract. It has now been 4 weeks and have had absolutely NO communication from this company around timing or the temporary fix. We did see a truck pull up into our driveway and someone was on our roof for about 5 minutes, so maybe that was the temporary fix, but whatever they did, sure didn't do anything. It is raining as I type this and we're still getting water in the house where we shouldn't be. At this point I'm very concerned that we will not get our repairs done before winter and will have dripping all season long.

Description of Work
Remove existing flashings around the chimney. Extend Ice & Water Shield up the base of the chimney on all sides of the chimney. Install new metal Step Flashing at the base of the chimney. Install Custom bent 24 gauge leading edge hemmed steel chimney flashing over the step flashings to finish

Category roofing,chimney repair

Work Completed On 10/20/2020

10/05/2020

Andrea R.

I really liked the guy but never heard from him to follow up with a quote.

Description of Work
I needed a quote to replace a window

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

08/18/2020

Nancy L.

Over the Top replaced our 50+year old wood siding on our garage and back porch with SmartSide. They also replaced a garage window. We are SO PLEASED with the result! I thought it was priced very fairly and the crew that worked here were professional and hard workers. I'd definitely call them again! Chris G was GREAT to work with!

Description of Work
Siding and window replacement

Category siding,replacement windows,woodworking

Work Completed On 08/13/2020

Review for Over the Top Roofing & Construction - N59W14464 Bobolink Ave, Menomonee Falls, WI - 38807971

08/15/2020

Pati B.

He came out measured and never got back to us with an estimate. I called twice, 2 days after he measured and was told she would reach out to who measured for him to email the estimate, that was a Friday afternoon. Waited til Monday afternoon, called again and was told it takes 5-7 business days. That was July 29th. Now it's been 12 business days and still nothing. I'm not calling again. If they can't give me an estimate in that amount of time I certainly can't rely on them to get my job started or completed.

Description of Work
Getting an estimate to replace all our entry doors.

Category woodworking,doors

Work Completed On 07/29/2020

07/27/2020

CHRIS K.

We had water leaking at the chimney point and sewer vents. We got quotes for a couple of companies and chose Over the Top Roofing. Their quote was in-line/better than the others, they pointed out details that others did not and included work that the others did not. Dan from Over the Top Roofing came out to do the repairs. He did a high quality job and kept me informed on the progress of the work. I would definitely recommend and hire Over the Top Roofing again

Description of Work
Crown coat on Chimney, replace chimney flashing, install 2 new lead boots, replace sewer vent flashing

Category roofing,woodworking

Work Completed On 07/24/2020

06/16/2020

Timothy S.

Worst customer service I have ever experienced. I used Angie's List to get some quotes on a small chimney brick replacement job. This contractor responded and came out to give me an estimate. While at the house, I was told the job would cost no more than $800 and I said that was reasonable and let's get it scheduled. I was told that he would send me the proposal which I needed to sign and send in a deposit. However, the proposal came with the price greatly increased to $1865. I emailed them and repeatedly called to try to talk about the proposal and my calls and emails were not returned. Lousy customer service. And, of course, I selected another company to do the work!

Description of Work
small chimney brick replacement job

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 06/16/2020

06/10/2020

Judy M.

This company was a huge disappointment. The good news is the appointment was scheduled, and he arrived on time. However the downside is that he only spent less than 5 minutes at my house. He looked at the pitch of the roof from the outside but didn’t even come inside to look at the room where I’d like the skylight. He was very vague explaining the installation process. I told him we were getting a new roof and would need to coordinate both projects. He said that they also do roofing. I explained that we all ready had a roofer lined up. He said he would get back to me with an estimate and I never heard from him.

Description of Work
I wanted a skylight installed

Category skylights

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

04/03/2020

Dennis O.

They did an excellent job. Chris came and understood the problem right away. He called back and said they could get a skylight in a few days, they did and Vince and Dante installed it. Vince noticed a chimney problem. Chris came back, gave an estimate and it was fixed the following day, again by Vince and a partner. We would have them again any time.

Description of Work
Skylight replacement and they found chimney problems

Category chimney repair,skylights

Work Completed On 04/03/2020

02/11/2020

Robert P.

My wife and are delighted to have worked with Rick as well as Aaron and his crew on the replacement of our home's roof. They were good listeners, punctual, focused, and highly professional. We also developed a deep appreciation for the hard work of roofing, but the Over the Top folks worked with a care-do attitude.

Description of Work
Replaced rook for house and garage

Category roofing,chimney repair

Work Completed On 02/11/2020

Dear Member, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your roofing and chimney project. We are so happy to hear that your project exceeded your expectations. Our goal is to deliver unmatched quality and customer service to every customer. We will be sure to share your feedback to our employees in the field. This review will surely make their day.

11/13/2019

Mary B.

Darren was awesome. He came to assess my gutter system and told me they were fine, but pointed out a needed roof repair. It was done within two days of meeting him!

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 11/13/2019

10/31/2019

Bill O.

It started out great. Darren came out, pleasant, knowledgeable. I had a ceiling/roof leak and some damaged wood siding. He said he would have the estimate to me the next day and I confirmed he had the right contact info. I followed up after a week of not hearing back. He said he'd send it out that night. Nothing. Once a week for the next few weeks, I'd try again, even escalating to the manager, each time someone promised to get an estimate to me by the end of that day. I finally decided if they can't even get around to my estimate, they probably are going to approach working on my project the same way.

Description of Work
Roofing and siding repair

Category roofing,siding

Work Completed On 10/31/2019

10/30/2019

JEFF A.

Work done fine in timely manner...satisfied !

Description of Work
Half of roof repaired and reshingled , new skylight put in and chimney flashing redone

Category roofing,chimney repair,skylights

Work Completed On 10/30/2019

10/29/2019

Noah H.

Inspector came out to inspect my roof leak and gutters but never got back to me with a quote. I called him directly multiple times to remind him to send me the quote, always with "I'll get right on it", but I never received it. Called the head office to remind them and still never got it. I guess they just didn't want my business. If they are that bad a sending quotes, I wouldn't trust them with doing the work.

Description of Work
Roof leak repair and new gutters

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

10/25/2019

Arthur A.

We have used this company now for two jobs. I couldn't be more pleased with the quality of their work each time we have used them. Rick does a terrific job of helping you to understand what needs to be done when he come to the house. The members of the work crew are all highly experienced and talented and produce great work. Highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
They put aluminum siding on the soffit and facia.

Category siding

Work Completed On 09/23/2019

10/14/2019

Lynn A.

I was very impressed with the promptness,professionalism and pleasantness of Darren my estimator from over the top today. Darron came prepared, assessed my roofing situation and went about the business of correcting the leak that had caused damage in my front foyer. Under no uncertain term i will recommend this company to my family and friends and will use them when my roof needs to be replaced. Thank you Darren!!!

Description of Work
Repair on my roof

Work Completed On 10/14/2019

09/26/2019

Robert S.

5 year old house. Had estimator, Darren Farmer, show up within a couple of days. Very quick compared to other roofers that were taking weeks to even come out. Darren came out and asked for a few days to provide the quote. When I didn't receive a quote after a week, I called and followed up. Darren picked up and told me I'd have it later that day. I called and spoke to Darren on no less than 4 separate occasions where he told me he would have it to me later that day. To date, I still don't have a quote. A different roofer came out and inspected the roof. The other roofer was kind enough to caulk the holes in the roofer to ensure no further water damage would occur. I can understand that this job may not be what Over the Top wants to do however would expect the professionalism to tell me that vs just blowing me off, telling me to hold on.

Description of Work
Leak in roof fixed.

Work Completed On 09/13/2019

09/19/2019

Denise T.

the workers showed up on the day we were quoted, however, work was delayed for 3 days due to rain. they came back on Friday and completed the complete roof in 1 day. They showed up the next business day to complete the gutters and downspouts. Nancy, the person who does the scheduling of the work crews was in contact during the whole project. Aaron's quote and the billing matched exactly , there were no surprises or unexpected charges, added to the billing

Description of Work
complete roof replacement, some wood under replaced, new gutters and down spouts

Category gutter repair,roofing

Work Completed On 09/19/2019

04/08/2019

Jay S.

Over The Top Roofing's performance was exceptional. Quality of workmanship was outstanding and price was very fair. Of greatest note, there was a minor issue with the initial work on my detached garage. I contacted them regarding the issue, and within two days, rather than simply correcting the small area involved, they completely replaced the roof. It now looks terrific. This is a company with high integrity. I can't overstate how pleased I am and would hire them again in a minute.

Description of Work
Re-roof house and detached garage

Work Completed On 03/15/2019

Dear Customer: We are so very happy to hear that you were pleased with your work. We appreciate the kind review and we look forward to working with you again in the future.

03/15/2019

Noreen H.

I had my roof replaced in the fall of 2017. It is both a peaked roof and a low slope roof. Since January of 2018, I have had water coming into my home after ice damming on the low slope roof. Once that was resolved and all of the damage fixed, water continued to come into my home from the top of my windows and also under the siding in the front of my house. The siding was replaced at a cost of $3800.00 by me, and roofing company was trying to help with solutions but none worked. After looking into this more, I contacted owens-corning shingles and they informed me that low slope roofs that are under a 2-12 slope ( 2 inches for every foot) are not to covered by shingles and if used, it voids their warranty. Rick the owner even sent me their guidelines that expressly states the same. I measured the roof and the slope pitch is 1.5-12. Rick stated to me that he will take no responsibility for this as he uses shingles on low slope roofs all the time and has no problem. In his warranty information it specifically states that they follow all manufacturers guidelines. My interior wallboard and also all the new siding continues to get wet from both the draining water inside my house and also outside under my cedar planking. I understand that mistakes do occur and I had asked Rick if he would consider putting a claim in with his insurance company for the damage that was both done in the past and the damage that is currently happening right now. He stated NO. He has no explanation for the water coming in and just says it is not the roof. I need to first get the water stopped for coming into both my home and also under my siding. I am not sure of what that damage looks like at this time under the siding outside. . Would you use this company/individual again in the future? Yes, but only if they fix my problem and take responsibility for the damage that has occurred and continues to occur

Description of Work
New Roof, Complete tear off, siding on north and south sides of house and installation of 2 windows with aluminum trim around those windows and 4 others .

Work Completed On 11/15/2017