Dave's Appliance Service

Founded 1963 • With Angi since May 2000

Dave’s Appliance Service is proud to provide superior customer service and appliance repair to clients in Milwaukee, Waukesha and surrounding counties. Specializing in all major appliance repair, including refrigerator repair and washer repair, the experts at Dave’s appliance service can fix any

appliance repair (261)small appliance repair (11)dryer vent cleaning (2)

05/23/2022

Elad E.

Ridicules the Technition couldn’t find parking so he left !!!! Shame on you ! We waited two weeks for service the Technition couldn’t wait 2 min to meet the maintenance man , Not recommended !!!!

Description of Work
Washing machine repair

Work Completed On 05/23/2022

We called ahead of time 1/2 hour before to make sure some one was available ( because your company is a business) when the technician got to the location no one was waiting and absolutely no parking was available.. We did have to reschedule from the previous week because of COVID.. Sorry for the inconvenience but we need to know someone is available .. We have done work for you previously and someone was meeting us to do the work.. you must have been happy with the previous work because you called us back .. thanks

04/07/2022

Matthew O.

Very happy with Dave's Appliance. Tech was on time, friendly and got the job done. Would recommend!

Description of Work
Ice maker replacement

Work Completed On 10/01/2021

Thank you for taking the time to post a review!!! Please call us again

01/28/2021

Gregory T.

Gave them a call as my ice maker on my Samsung fridge stopped working and needed it fixed or replaced. I explained my issue and all they kept saying was to call Samsung. Then they asked for pics and said they would get back to me and never did. Just tell customers you arent capable of something, dont ignore and lead them on.

Description of Work
Needed new ice maker for fridge

Work Completed On 12/29/2020

Sorry we are not working on Samsung products . They are having a lot of issues with them . We recommend calling Samsung to see if they have a recall on your unit ... sorry for the I convenience .... we would never ask for pickoff the unit because we do not work on them ( I’m not sure you have the correct company. )

11/21/2020

Debra K.

He could have made more money if he had fixed the dryer but he was very honest about telling me that because of the age if the dryer I would be better off getting a new one. The estimate for the repair was already up to half the price of a new one and he also said that there would be other repairs needed down the road that would exceed the cost of the new one. Thanks to his honesty it made my decision an easy one.

Description of Work
Called for a dryer repair

Work Completed On 11/21/2020

Thanks for posting a review..Please call us again for any questions or concerns!!!! thanks again

10/30/2020

It is working fine. Fast and efficient

Description of Work
Dryer was noisy I thought it was rollers it was something else needed two parts and replaced lint screen also. Cleaned the inside of dryer

Work Completed On 10/26/2020

Thanks for taking the time to post a review... please call us again... thanks again

10/20/2020

Laurie K.

Fast and professional. Had the part in his truck.

Description of Work
Freezer leak and Oven ignitor needed to be replaced

Work Completed On 10/20/2020

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review! Please call us again for any questions or concerns!!!! Thanks again

10/17/2020

Barbara S.

Capacitor was on back order, so I was without a washing machine for 10 days, but it worked fine when it did come in and it was promptly replaced.

Description of Work
Replaced capacitor on Kenmore HE washing machine 8 yrs old.

Work Completed On 10/09/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. Please call us again for any questions or concerns.... Thanks again

09/01/2020

Kenneth S.

Dave was on time and had the problem diagnosed in a matter of an hour. The part was ordered an Dave returned to finish the repair of the dryer. Dave was professional, he was on time for the time quoted. I would recommend Dave to anyone who had need of his services.

Description of Work
Dryer wouldn't start

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

Thank you for taking the time to post a review... please call us again for any questions or concerns... Thanks again

08/05/2020

Bette L.

when I made the appt I was quoted $20 for service call. Repair guy was there for approx 5 minutes and said it was just what he thought it was going to be. Needed a new part that isn't available and cant be fixed. Charged me $70 for 5 minutes .

Description of Work
Repair automatic oven cleaner

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

Sorry!!!! We NEVER said $20.00 dollars for a service call ( NO one charges that!!! Maybe 30 years ago)You miss understood me. I’m VERY clear what are the charges. We have an excellent rating with Angie’s List and also the BBB we take pride of our work.We have been a Super service award winning with Angie’s List for over 5 years . I’m sorry for the confusion!!!!! Thanks

07/05/2020

Randolph S.

very well, he got here on time and performed the services requested.

Description of Work
replaced a switch and resolved a problem

Work Completed On 07/05/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review.... please call us again for any questions or concerns !!!! Thanks again

06/04/2020

Meg W.

He looked over my entire system and adjusted a few things and everything seemed to be working. He also readjusted the doors so they looked better and advised me to get new filters.

Description of Work
The icemaker in my freezer wasn't working

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review!!!!please give us a call anytime you have a ? Or concern !!! Thanks again

05/23/2020

MARSHA K.

We were very pleased with the service from Dave. He came on a Monday and figured out right away what the issue was. Ordered the needed parts and came back 4 days later to put them in. Our dishwasher is now running just like new. We will definitely call him again if we have any issues with any of our appliances.

Description of Work
Our dishwasher was not running.

Work Completed On 05/11/2020

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Please call us again for any questions or concerns. Thanks again

05/10/2020

Bobbi H.

Went well. Dave arrived promptly, assessed the problem, and replaced the part. He was professional yet personable. I would use his services again.

Description of Work
Oven igniter replacement

Work Completed On 05/10/2020

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Please call again for any questions or concerns... thanks again

04/28/2020

Danielle C.

The company did a great job at communicating timely with me. The repairman showed up on the day he was supposed to for the initial visit. A part was ordered immediately and they were able to repair within 2 business days. The repair itself was quick and our repairman was friendly and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Replace shorted circuit

Work Completed On 04/29/2020

Thank you for taking the time to post a review... please give us a call for any questions or concerns. Thanks again

04/16/2020

Al C.

Took too long to call back. I found another repair service om my own.

Description of Work
Dryer repair

Work Completed On 03/30/2020

I’m so sorry that you experienced a call back problem. We were having computer issues and did not receive our messages from Angie’s List... I’m sorry for the inconvenience... We never received your information

04/15/2020

Steve S.

The repair was quick and Dave gave us his opinion on fix vs replace. He fixed which was his recommendation and less expensive than replacement. Well done Dave!

Description of Work
A burner was not functioning on our electric range

Work Completed On 04/15/2020

03/22/2020

Dena R.

Dave quickly diagnosed the problem , ordered the parts, picked them up and returned shortly to complete the repair. He was friendly, skilled and fair in his pricing. I would definitely call him again for appliance repair.

Description of Work
My dryer began making noises.

Work Completed On 03/11/2020

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Please call again for any questions or concerns. Thanks again

03/14/2020

Richard M.

Very well. Dave came as requested, analyzed the problem & ordered the necessary part. He returned as scheduled & completed the repair in a timely manner. He was very professional & I would recommend him to anyone needing an appliance repair.

Description of Work
Repair water leak in dishwasher.

Work Completed On 03/09/2020

Thank you for posting a review!!!! Please call us again for any questions or concerns!!! Thanks again

02/12/2020

Sue S.

Found out it wasn’t worth fixing. Replacement part cost more than a new micro

Description of Work
Microwave not working at all

Work Completed On 02/11/2020

Thank you for taking the time to post a review .please call us again!!!!! Thanks 😊

12/11/2019

Rosie J.

Waiting on the gasket, but they did level the door efficiently.

Description of Work
The refrigerator door had to be leveled and the gasket replaced.

Work Completed On 12/11/2019

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Please call us again for an question or concerns. Thanks

10/09/2019

Sandy S.

He couldn’t fix it as it needed to be replaced. He gave us good advice and bandaged it to buy us time to look for a new one.

Description of Work
Refrigerator

Work Completed On 10/01/2019

10/06/2019

Karen B.

Needed a new transmission. Decided to get a new washer

Description of Work
Repair washer