HGS Protective Coatings

Founded 1940 • With Angi since March 2011

HGS was founded in 1940 and specializes in protective coatings. HGSPC focuses on decorative and industrial flooring including stained concrete, polished concrete, epoxy flooring, all resinous flooring, concrete repair and resinous crack injection services. Our highly trained installers focus on quality installations that are designed to last. As a third generation company you can feel secure knowing the pride we feel carrying the name Howard Grote & Sons and bring with us a tradition of excellence and German craftsmanship. We have factory trained installers that excel in creativity should you desire a floor that is unique. Photographs of some of our installations can be found on our facebook page HGS Protective Coatings. Call today for your free estimate!

Amenities

This pro has not provided any licensing information to Angi at this time.All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

3.3

Tim T.
12/15/2017
The epoxy floor installed in my project began failing within 6 months of installation. When I reached out, the owner failed to respond to multiple phone calls and emails for another 6 months. When he responded, he informed me that the only explanation was that I was using improper cleaning chemicals on the floors. It was out of the question that his product failed or that his installation was faulty. He never provided me a list of disapproved chemicals at any time before, during, or after install. The same chemicals are used in all flooring areas. Only some of the areas failed. When I provided a list of the chemicals that I used and they were all perfectly fine, he intimated that I was lying about the list I provided. The "experts" that he say back his story are people that he buys product from, not exactly objective sources. The industry reps that I have had look at this floor have a clearly articulated reason that the installation failed, despite the fact that they have nothing to gain and I have no relationship to them. The owner has simply told me they are wrong. After 18 months of back and forth, it is clear that he never intended to find a solution and was only saying whatever it took to try to get me out of his hair.
Description of Work
Commercial epoxy flooring
Rebecca Z.
12/28/2014
They described their services in great detail and helped me to determine that this was not the best solution for my basement. I appreciate it when people are honest and not just trying to sell their product.
Jean R.
03/25/2013
After realizing that only the more expensive option would look good on our basement floor, we thought things over and decided to go with carpet instead of epoxy. Should we have another project where epoxy flooring might work, we would contact this company for an estimate.
Description of Work
We were considering epoxy flooring for our basement. Met a rep from HGS at a home remodeling show in February 2013 and were favorably impressed. They came promptly to look at our job and gave us an estimate with a couple of options.
allan C.
04/10/2012
They painted my garage epoxy floor. They were punctual and professional. They did an excellent job.
Description of Work
I used Howard Groute and Sons for painting services.
house painters

Phone

4900 Ivywood Trl

MC FARLAND, WI 53558

Other Information

Services offered

Payment options

FAQ

HGS Protective Coatings is currently rated 3.3 overall out of 5.

HGS Protective Coatings is open:

HGS Protective Coatings accepts the following forms of payment: Check

Yes, HGS Protective Coatings offers free project estimates.

No, HGS Protective Coatings does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

No, HGS Protective Coatings does not offer a senior discount.

Yes, HGS Protective Coatings offers emergency services.

Yes, HGS Protective Coatings offers warranties.

HGS Protective Coatings offers the following services: Stained Concrete, Polished Concrete, Sealed Concrete, Concrete Restoration, Epoxy, MMA, Urethane, Metallic FX, One Day Floors, Inset Designs, Epoxy/Urethane Crack Injection

Other Local Pros In Your Area

Ty's Outdoor Cleaning Adventures & Sales Llc

No reviews yet.

Ty's Outdoor Cleaning Adventures & Sales Llc

Future Flooring

(5)

Future Flooring

We specialize in epoxy, polyurethane, polyurea, polyaspartic & metallic floor coating. Great for garage, basement, barber/beauty shops, industrial/commercial, patio, pool, steps and more! Custom colors available upon request. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service. Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Since our founding in 1977, we have tried to make our company the most quality oriented, reliable, and innovative painting, staining, and restoration organization in the Madison area. Over the years, we have tried to incorporate excellent craftsmanship with a progressive approach to painting and restoration. Recognizing the need for a more intelligent, professional approach to residential and commercial painting, we set several guidelines in which to actualize the goal. They include: quality, value, and integrity. These guidelines have become the cornerstone of our operation and have allowed us to become a leader in our field.