Warren Heating & Air Conditioning

Founded 1946 • With Angi since October 2007

1741 Commercial Ave Ste 100

Madison, WI 53704

. Award winning. In 1946 Warren Heating & Air Conditioning began providing residential and commercial customers with affordable comfort thanks to high quality heating and Air Conditioning systems from Bryant. For 65 years, Warren Heating & Air Conditioning has been the name that home owners and

10/11/2017

Michaela A.

Communication wasn't the greatest. Sales didn't tell installer details of the order. I needed to follow up multiple times to get it how it was supposed to be. Seemed more hassle than it was worth. Might have gone smoother with a different sales person.

Description of Work
Furnace & A/C

07/10/2017

Michael C.

Scott was very professional installing them. He hooked up the air conditioner late Friday and came back the next week to tie in the furnace. Their pricing was very competitive.

Description of Work
Replaced furnace and air conditioner.

05/11/2017

Ray O.

Decision was made on May 1. Furnace installed May 2. Warren was prompt and very expert. They were careful about integrating the new furnace with my existing system. Told me all the information I needed. Warren again affirmed their excellence by all measurements I know of. They also helped me make the choice of what furnace to purchase.

Description of Work
My 32 year-old furnace needed replacement. Warren Heating has serviced our furnace and air conditioner for nearly 40 years. Consistently excellent.

07/07/2016

john B.

I needed to retuck or replace the chimney on my garage. Warren offered to enclose the chimney n a metal case, instead of taking down the top brick layers to rebuild the chimney. Scott came, took measurements, went back to his shop, made the casing, went on the roof, installed the casing. Fantastic work, done below the estimated costs and it looks freat.

Description of Work
Warren fitted a metal case around the garage chimney

Category chimney caps

03/19/2016

Kathleen T.

They did a great job! They were so much less expensive then the other people I called. They were very fast and came the next day! They were very professional and detail oriented. The work was quick and they were happy to install the humidifier i had instead of pushing theirs. I was very happy with my expedience.

Description of Work
They installed a whole house humidifier for us.

01/12/2016

Robert F.

Second time we've used this company to install a new furnace in different properties and we wouldn't go to anyone else now! Cathy and Randy are very responsive and friendly. The person on site was very polite and nice. Scheduling was a breeze. Questions answered. They never pressure us or try to upsell. People on site are neat. Great company to work with!

Description of Work
Tried to repair the icky old furnace, but then we just asked them to put a new one in instead. The scheduled us immediately.

10/26/2015

Connie K.

We purchased an air conditioner 3 years ago from Warren heating. The unit didn't work right the first year so he came back .and fixed it, or so we thought. The next year in the summer it began to leak again and he had to go into the wall to try and fix it a different way. He said if you have more problems we will get you a new unit. Well the next year we did have problems and true to his word he replaced the unit with a different model and it seems to be working like a charm. He never charged us an additional penny for the return visits. Not sure if it was a defective unit or improper installation but Randy was always available to help rectify the problem. Very honest businessman! I plan on taking advantage of the furnace inspection discount that is offered now with Warren Heating and will use them in the future for any other heating or cooling problems.

Description of Work
Replaced an air conditioner free of charge.

10/26/2015

Kent B.

The job went great! Scott and Randy installed the Aprilaire in the perfect location on the ducting, keeping the install compact and neat. This was an unusual installation, most Aprilaires are used with forced-air heating systems. I certainly could not have performed the installation myself, as it required tapping into the wiring for the A/C system to activate its fan when the Aprilaire humidistat determines the air needs humidification. The net result is that humidification is fully automatic and hands-free, and more effective because humidified air is coming out of multiple floor vents on the first floor of our house. Anyone who has radiators for heat and has subsequently installed a central A/C system for cooling should really look into this Aprilaire setup, it makes humidification of your house SO MUCH EASIER! We had previously used Warren for annual checkups of our boiler, and I was so impressed with their knowledge and honesty. When we eventually need to replace the boiler Warren will be the first place I call. They did a fantastic job on the Aprilaire installation and I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Warren installed an Aprilaire humidification kit on my existing central A/C system; my house uses hot-water radiators for heat, so the Aprilaire enables me to humidify my house in the winter by taking advantage of the A/C ducting/fan and eliminates the hassle of constantly filling up portable humidifiers.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

07/28/2015

christopher M.

Air conditioner suddenly stopped working. Called Warren and they stated someone could be here within the hour! How awesome is that?!! Provider showed up in less than 30 minutes and immediately fixed our air conditioner. I'm extra grateful on this extremely hot and humid day! Technician was extremely polite and efficient. Thank you over and over!

Description of Work
Fixed and replaced part on our air conditioner.

07/20/2015

Fred V.

Very fair price and same day service.

Description of Work
Replacement of control board.

06/24/2015

Alison R.

Our tech was very professional. He did tell me that the noise I was concerned about was "typical" but I'm not sure that my A/C should really sound like a plane taking off when it starts up.

Description of Work
We used Warren for an A/C tune up.

06/24/2015

Margitta T.

Everything went well as expected. The chimney liner could not be installed at the same time that the new Furnace was installed due to ice and snow on the roof. Had to wait until spring.

Description of Work
Install a chimney liner for a new furnace in winter.

06/18/2015

John M.

It went well, the service was done in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Air conditioner check

04/17/2015

nancy F.

Very well. This was the second time I used them. They are excellent in all areas. .

08/04/2014

Kathy K.

As above, another provider had been in twice but could not fix the problem with the furnace shutting off for long periods. We then called Warren Heating: two experienced men from Warren Heating came in, figured out the problem, and fixed it! Very professional, courteous, and knowledgeable,

Description of Work
Furnace kept shutting off and sometimes wouldn't come back on for a whole day. Another provider had been in twice to fix the problem but couldn't figure it out; even had put in a new thermostat to no avail. We then called Warren Heating-- two experienced men came in, figured out the problem and fixed it immediately.

07/13/2014

WILLIAM J.

My air conditioning condensing unit fan stopped working on Friday, July 4, and with it being a holiday weekend I didn't expect getting a service call until the following week. I called the first thing Monday morning, and was pleased to find that their scheduler, Kathy, had set aside a couple of service slots for people with holiday breakdowns like me. I took the first opening available, and less than an hour later, Paul, the technician, arrived and began diagnosing the unit. He repaired and cleaned the condensing unit, and then installed a setback thermostat for me as a last minute request. These people are a prime example of what it is to provide superior customer service. They are courteous, professional, thorough, and a great service provider. I will definitely use them in the future for any of my heating and air conditioning needs.

Description of Work
Repaired a broken air conditioning unit

06/24/2014

Benjamin G.

It went well, the reception staff on the phone was very kind to me even though I had to call back several times to juggle my schedule. Jason came out and was very professional and efficient. Overall it was a great experience and I would do business with them again!

Description of Work
Came out and assessed the situation, identified the problem quickly. Added refridgerant and replaced loose caps. Gave me some good information about my furnace and offered some quotes on replacement costs.

06/23/2014

Bob J.

They showed up on time if not a bit early. I added on to the deal for tha A/C and had them perform the same tune-up and inspection for the furnace. The price was excellent. The work performed was complete and thorough. I am very happy with their services.

Description of Work
Inspect and tune-up of A/C system.

06/18/2014

Rebecca H.

Great service! They were able to schedule me for a same-day appointment, and arrived on time, fixed the problem (contactor burned out) quickly. Jason clearly explained the repair issue, and did a quick check-up to make sure there were no other pending maintenance issues, including checking the refridgerent levels, filter, etc. (as I hadn't had my spring maintenance appointment yet). We will definitely use them again. Cost included repair, parts, and spring tune-up.

Description of Work
Our A/C stopped working during a streak of hot, rainy weather.

06/17/2014

Craig S.

It went great. Tech arrived exactly when he said he would and went right to work. Within 15 minutes or so, the house had cold air again. Very reasonable price to top it off. I've tried a few other local heating and cooling companies, but was never really impressed with any of them. This was the first time I've received service from Warren, but I'll be calling them for all my future heating and cooling needs.

Description of Work
AC wasn't cooling in the house. Tech replaced the capacitor that assists in starting the compressor and fan in the outdoor unit.

05/15/2014

Jerry A.

Installation of new furnace went well. The crew was finished in a few hours and it worked great from the start. Randy was helpful and gave me good advice on which furnace model to choose.

Description of Work
Install new furnace

04/24/2014

Tim K.

Excellent service. The furnace was out overnight (during this crazy-cold winter) and Jason came over immediately after I called in the morning. He determined that the motor had died and he couldn't repair it. He picked up a new one and installed it right away. We felt that we received excellent service and will definitely use Warren Heating & A/C in the future.

Description of Work
Checked furnace, determined that motor had failed and could not be saved. Installed new motor.

04/15/2014

Heather O.

Our furnace stopped working during a recent cold snap, and we'd initially called another provider to perform the work. However, after receiving their initial quote for the repair ($1000), my husband called Warren to see if they could perform the work today, and at a better price. They were here within half an hour of our call- phenomenal response time!-and were able to complete the work for $400, for a savings of $600. Additionally, the repairman, Jason, was extremely professional and helpful, examining our 15 year old furnace and assuring us that it had many years of life left in it. He also took the time to point out elements that might fail in the future, assuring us that none of those repairs would be more than a couple of hundred dollars. To seal the deal, Jason crafted a simple shield out of sheet metal scraps that will keep the furnace fan from interfering with the pilot- getting us a better flame- at no charge. My husband is a huge skeptic, and even he admits that Warren was the right choice for our needs!

Description of Work
Replace furnace motherboard

03/12/2014

Trevor K.

Came out and tuned-up our AC and checked it out. Measured the freon levels and pressure. Did not have any insulation on the truck to replace rotting insulation on the coolant lines.

Description of Work
Tuned up our AC

02/05/2014

Tara B.

I decided on Warren Heating & Cooling based on the reviews found online, the price quote I received and the honesty of the person I spoke to. I was told by other companies that I needed to update the lining of our flue as it would create issues in the future with moisture. I informed them that we would most likely be replacing our water heater in the near future and was told ONLY by Warren Heating that it was unnecessary then. That is what sold me on this company. Great work!

Description of Work
We purchased our first home in April 2013 and found that we had to replace the furnace before winter 2013 started. I received up to 7 quotes of HVAC contractors in the area at this time.

Arrow Exterior Design

At Arrow Exterior Design we offer roofing, siding, windows and decking. We don't believe in high pressure sales to get you to work with us. We want you to be comfortable in trusting Arrow Exterior Design with your home and help you get your job done. We have been in business for 4 years, but combine for many years of experience in this business. We are family owned and Russ, the owner is a veteran. Evenings, Saturdays's and Sunday's by appointment only.

Offers Coupon

The Electrician Inc

We are a growing, local contractor with several field technicians, including several State Certified Master Electricians and Journeyman Electricians on staff at all times. We are a training organization and a member of Associated Builders and Contractors of Wisconsin. We are also a member of the BBB with an A+ rating. Our service area includes, but is not limited to Sauk, Columbia, Dane, northern Green, northern Rock and Western Iowa counties. We are pleased to provide service to Baraboo, Reedsburg, Portage, Lake Delton, Wisconsin Dells, Sauk City, Black Earth, Cross Plains, Spring Green, Mount Horeb, Verona, Fitchburg, Dodgeville, New Glarus, Monona, Madison, McFarland, Cottage Grove, Sun Prairie, DeForest and many surrounding communities. We provide free estimates upon request. Some work may allow for an estimate to be provided over the phone, but it is generally better for us to see the work that needs to be done in order to give an accurate estimate of the cost. We provide T&M services at a reduced rate for our Angie's List customers. Our first hour is billed at $129/hr, and time begins once we arrive at your home. We do not charge any additional fees or rates for travel time or trip charges within our service areas described above, however our first hour rate is also our minimum labor charge. After the first hour of work, we bill at a rate of $99/hr for work performed by each technician on site, and we bill out their time in 15 minute increments. One example would be; 2 technicians perform 1.5 hours of work at your home, for a total of 3 labor hours. You would be billed $129 for the first labor hour, then $99/e for the 2nd and 3rd labor hours. We are happy to provide references from past customers and contractors we work with. We perform most residential, commercial & industrial electrical services.

Excel Electric

Since 1994, we have given the best quality service for your electrical needs. We go above and beyond for all of our clients. You will never be disappointed when you work with Excel Electric, Inc. Ask us about our daily service. We look forward to working with you.

Offers Coupon

Residential and commercial installation and repair of HVAC systems, new construction, air conditioning & furnaces, remodeling, rooftop, custom homes, boilers, radiant, duct, duct work, air purification, humidifiers & filters.

Hot water heaters or plumbing other then radiant and boilers