Walgenmeyer's Carpet & Tile

Founded 1985 • With Angi since December 2010

2014 S Stoughton Rd

Madison, WI 53716

www.walgenmeyers.com

Full service, local family owned floorcovering store where you can buy quality flooring and quality installation for a fair price....

flooring (30)carpet installation (20)hardwood floors (8)tile installation (7)floor cleaning (1)

07/26/2020

Kevin L.

My elderly neighbor called in a panic because her handy man walked off the job and left her hanging with her floor project. I sent a request thru Angie's List on her behalf and she received a phone call later the same day. Jeremiah showed up the next day and completed the project to her satisfaction. I got a thank you call from my neighbor saying that "....(Jeremiah) did a beautiful job on my kitchen, dining and bathroom floor." "Thank you for putting me in touch with (Walgenmeyer's) as it looks really really nice and I'm really really happy."

Description of Work
Urgent need for a kitchen, dining and bath floor install

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Work Completed On 07/23/2020

carol V.

We can’t say enough good things about Walgenmeyer’s! We did our whole house with ceramic tile. The owner, Erik, helped us find the perfect southwestern tile for our house. This company is nothing short of a pleasure to work with. I was so pleased with the whole procedure and my floors look AMAZING!!! It was beyond a wonderful experience. It was sit back and let Walgenmeyer’s do the driving!!!!

Description of Work
Ceramic Tile

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor

Work Completed On 10/05/2019

Jodi K.

Great work! Completed on time! Very easy to work with. Worked the schedule around ours. Highly recommend. We always buy our flooring through walgenmeyer's

Description of Work
Hardwood Flooring Sales/Installation/Refinishing

Category hardwood floor

Work Completed On 10/04/2019

Adam E.

Always professional, timely, and respectful of my homeowners time and house.

Description of Work
Flooring Sales/Installation/Repair

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor

Work Completed On 10/04/2019

07/17/2019

Teri C.

They couldn’t commit to a date to be finished so I had to move on and find someone else that would give me a date, any date that would be a finished date.

Description of Work
Wood floors refinished

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor,floor cleaning

Work Completed On 06/20/2019

It’s unfortunate that a review can be listed when all the facts are not stated.... We did not enter into a contract with customer based on timelines that we were not in control of. The customer was asked to confirm color, by the time it was confirmed it had missed being able to make the next truck from the manufacturer to the distributor. We checked on availability of the product selected, it would be a tight schedule to meet customers requirements. The customer asked us to sign saying if not done by their date, that we would discount 10%. We declined the sale as we were relying on people outside our company, like the manufacturer to ship on time, the truck from the east coast to the Midwest to have no issues, then the distributor to deliver to us on time. To close to meet their deadline so we passed. All of this does not even go into the onsite issues in their floors that needed to be dealt with. Major uneven floors. There were just too many issues that would of been out of our control to guarantee an exact date to be complete in a short time frame we were not in control of. So I believe the customer did not get their way and are not used to people declining their work with unreasonable restrictions. We’ve done work for them previously and they were completely happy and that’s why they were back. Thank you.

11/01/2018

Martin P.

Everything went very well and when I had a concern about the flooring that was installed without hesitation they came back and corrected the issue.

Description of Work
Hardwood flooring installation

Category carpet installation,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 08/20/2018

02/09/2018

Andrea K.

Very well. Our kitchen is a little more challenging because of all the angles, but Jerry, our installer, was very meticulous and did an excellent job. Because of some of the issues with our old flooring, they had to reschedule and were very accommodating in meeting our needs. The price was reasonable and we highly recommend Walgenmeyer's.

Description of Work
Installed Luxury vinyl in kitchen

Work Completed On 02/07/2018

12/20/2017

Pam M.

I needed some carpet re-stretched on our second floor (I believe due to poor original install). I sent them a message and they responded right away. I sent them pic's and they got me a quote the next day (so that saved me from having to have them come out for an estimate). The job was finished by the end of the week. They were very prompt and professional and did a great job. They called to let me know when they would arriving. I even added a small job (couple steps) to the job that I noticed the night before and they did that too. Final bill came under what they estimated. I would not hesitate to hire them and would do so myself!

Description of Work
Carpet restretched

Work Completed On 12/08/2017

11/14/2017

Nancy D.

Installer was late. He did not show up until after 12 noon, and did not leave until after 5:30 p.m. That is unacceptable.

Description of Work
Carpet installation

Category carpet installation

09/28/2017

Judy B.

Jerry worked all weekend to get my floor in before my move in. Really appreciated it. What a hard worker.

Description of Work
I needed to have floors in 2 rooms replaced and some closets too. They worked on the weekend to get my floors in before the movers came with furniture. I very much appreciated their efforts to get my floors in. Great job on the floors too! Thanks so much.

Work Completed On 07/20/2017

Carpeting, ceramic, porcelain, natural stone, laminate, vinyl, resilient, luxury vinyl plank/tile & wood flooring.

Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, Financing Available, American Express