Tony Trapp Remodeling LLC

Founded 2002 • With Angi since February 2007

5610 Medical Cir Suite #7

Madison, WI 53719

Madison, WI based residential home remodeling and repair company. Tony Trapp is a licensed contractor in the state of Wisconsin, and carries full Insurance, Liability and Workman's Comp. Since starting in 2002 Tony Trapp Remodeling LLC has built a network of experienced vendors and professional contacts to most effectively and quickly meet your remodeling and repair needs. Award winning. Additional DBA - Tony Trapp Repairs LLC. Locally owned & operated....

08/10/2019

Greg C.

This company was a bit sad. They were responsive to come over, review my shower remodel. I was told I would get a quote back in around a week. That was a bit over a month ago and after multiple emails asking about the quote I get the standard response it will be there shortly. At this point I would not hire them regardless of their quote. No faith in their committment to their clients.

Description of Work
Shower Remodel

Category home remodeling

Thank you for considering Tony Trapp Remodeling for your project. This summer has been especially busy for us and we have at times been unable to produce estimates promptly. We apologize for this and want you to know that we have improved our internal training and processes to facilitate prompt estimates.

11/20/2018

Greg N.

Very good! They were on time and professional.

Description of Work
They did kitchen remodeling.

05/19/2017

Tracy B.

Like any kitchen remodel it was pretty crazy, and we were confused as to what was happening in what order, but Tony sent in an awesome painter (who helped us destroy three ancient layers of wallpaper!), friendly floor and cabinet guys, and practically had to be our therapist when we were freaking out. He and his design consultant gave us limited options to choose from, and that was great for us, because we needed guidance! Now we have a kitchen that looks up to date instead of battle-scarred old cave. We would definitely hire Tony again.

Description of Work
We needed our kitchen redone but had a tight budget. Tony worked with us to find a solution: reface the sturdy cupboards, add some drawer options, choose reasonably priced flooring and countertop.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

07/09/2015

Leslie C.

I would highly recommend Tony. He and his staff are very professional, punctual and work to get the things done time and on budget. He won't be the cheapest bid that you get, but I think his price is fair for the quality of work that is performed. He and his staff handled all of our subcontractors for the kitchen remodel and energy efficiency improvements. We love our new kitchen and the improvements that made our home more efficient and comfortable to live in. In short, I don't think you could find a more trustworthy, honest, professional and talented contractor in the Madison area. We wouldn't hesitate to use Tony again for projects in our home.

Description of Work
Tony has done several projects for us--installing solatubes, a major kitchen remodel and energy improvements in our home.

06/15/2015

DAVID E.

I bought another house and needed some more work done. I wanted a light fixture changed and a vent and a light from the bathroom wired through the roof. He wanted $3,000 for that work. I found someone else to help me and it was only $200.

Description of Work
They did some work for me a few years ago at the suggestion of another company.

Category electrician, handyman service

We provided the customer with a fixed priced written contract that had 7 different items they could choose from ranging $100 to $4,300 if all items were selected. The contract was hand delivered the next day after seeing the job in person in July 2012 due to the customers tight timeline. We are happy to hear the customer found a solution that worked better for their budget and sorry they have a negative view of our company based solely on price. We track all job cost histories closely and provide the same pricing to all customers regardless of the time of year so we can stay competitive and accurate with our contracts and pricing. This allows us to provide fixed price contracts so customers can know the total cost at the beginning and not have surprises at the end.

05/31/2015

Suzanne D.

Chris and Aaron worked magic on our basement bathroom remodel, and all the sub-contractors were excellent. Paul was very creative in thinking about how to design the job in such a small space with many constraints. Then Chris and Aaron made it all come together, making revisions as needed. Everyone was kind, considerate and professional, with no detail too small for their attention. We highly recommend Tony Trapp.

Description of Work
Remodel Basement Bathroom; add shower Repair Walls in rest of basement

12/16/2014

Meg L.

Everything went extremely smoothly. Paul was a pleasure to deal with and thoughtful about how to approach the problem of getting to the leak (as well as with other projects we discussed but haven't hired anyone to do yet). The work was done carefully, without any damage to the siding.

Description of Work
We needed to get access to a plumbing leak by going in from the outside of the house. They removed a small portion of siding and other material to get to the pipes and then put in insulation and put back the siding.

11/05/2014

Kathryn H.

They do good work and they're responsive. They do it when they say they're going to do it. They respond to emails and calls. None of the companies that listed themselves as doing decks and porches were willing to do my work. I've used Tony for years and so he was willing to do it.

Description of Work
I used Tony Trapp to rebuild my front steps. I've used them for years and I've used them for handymen services as well.

Category decks, handyman service, remodeling

06/13/2014

Kathryn H.

The repairman showed up on time and did the work efficiently. The price was quite reasonable.

Description of Work
They repaired a gap in my fence. I've also used them for a variety of other small projects in the past.

05/15/2014

james O.

We called for bid and they promptly responded. We scheduled work and they performed it as/when requested. Everyone was courteous and professional. Repairs were relatively minor but outside our capabilities. Bill was exactly what we were quoted. Will use again.

Description of Work
Patched foundation and repaired siding.

05/05/2014

betsy S.

He is known for very good work. I personally have not used his services yet. But he was thorough and he responded quickly when I asked for an estimate. He is very expensive. He came to do the estimate. He has perfect in terms of professionalism. I decided not to go ahead with the project. But I thought he would have been very good to work with. He was perfect and wonderful. He was very prompt and professional.

Description of Work
Tony Trapp Remodelling and Repair gave me an estimate but I ended up not using him. The estimate was for installing bookshelves in the study.

Category architect

01/01/2014

Laurie D.

Tony Trapp did a variety of excellent work on my old home - windows, counters, sinks. The work was excellent, especially considering it was on an older home. The counters were odd shapes and put in without a fuss. The storm windows were a recommendation from Paul and something I hadn't considered when considering how to deal with my old home's windows. The new storms let me keep the old beautiful woodwork while still upgrading the house's energy efficiency and appearance. Communication with Paul was profesional and straightforward - email and phone calls were answered quickly.

Description of Work
Replaced a kitchen counter and sink, replaced a bathroom counter and sink, replaced all of my old storm windows with high efficiency storm windows, and repaired the weights and sash cords in nearly all house windows.

Category handyman service

Thank you for your continued business and trust!

09/24/2013

Vivian S.

First, I must say it is a pleasure to do business with a company that actually answers their phones calls and reliably shows up for an appointment as promised. Secondly, I was impressed with the advice I was given and the honesty with which it was given. I thought I had an issue with some wood around my front door, but was told that some caulk would most likely solve my problem for the foreseeable future. At this moment in time, I did not require any further services from this company, but will definitely use them in the future for whatever may arise, and highly recommend giving them a chance to help you out. It has been my experience as of late that many businesses are lacking customer service skills and any integrity, but Tony Trapp and his co-workers seems to have both.

Description of Work
A representative from the company promptly came out the day after I phoned for an estimate regarding an issue I thought I had with my front door.

Category handyman service

Thank you for the positive feed back!

05/22/2013

Nancy F.

He's done a really wide-range of things. He's very responsive, personable and trustworthy. He makes you feel like he's personally interested in what you need to have done. He's a bit pricey, but I don't think he's unfair. We're calling him today.

Description of Work
We've used a repair guy here in town, Tony Trapp Remodeling & Repairs. He's done all kinds of handyman things for us.

05/06/2013

ellen B.

perfect work and very speedy

Description of Work
installation of curtain rods

12/20/2012

jonathan F.

Tony was very responsive in getting a bid to me immediately. He had one of his handymen come and do some minor repairs in my home. He was excellent and on time.

Description of Work
I asked for an estimate on remodeling a bathroom approximately 6'x10'. I wanted a new counter top,replacement of handles on the vanity, sink, faucet, toilet and caulking between the tiles in the shower. I also wanted the vanity raised three inches with a new tile floor put in (approximately 10 tiles 12" in size).

Category handyman service

We have tried to contact this client multiple times and have no response. Our detailed contract for the bathroom remodel included a rough timeline, all materials, subcontractors, permits and labor. The scope of work requested by the client at the time of walk-through was reflected carefully in the contract and is more extensive then the scope listed in the review. Allowances for materials were clearly broken out and clearly stated that they were included in the total contract price. The client’s interpretations of our labor costs, scope of work and time line are very misleading and incomplete. I believe if we had been giving the opportunity to review the contract with the client it would addressed their concerns. We would be happy to meet with this client if they would call us back.

12/11/2012

Danielle T.

Tony and his team were very professional and responsive. We had severe water damage to some of our bathroom drywall so had a partial bath remodel. I was always impressed with their knowledge and the comprehensive approach they took toward the remodel (e.g., addressing the venting in the bathroom to reduce problems in the future). When issues did arise, they always took responsibility for making sure it was fixed to our satisfaction. The cost was more than other estimates I had received, but I felt it was worth it for the expert advice and wonderful customer service.

Description of Work
Partial bathroom remodel including drywall work to replace wet and damaged walls, new cabinetry, and bath tile.

Category drywall, handyman service, home remodeling

06/04/2012

Ambrose O.

.There was some communication error before the work could get started but once we got over this, everything else was okay. We were impressed with the excellent job done. Those who did a similar job on their house said the cost was good. I will not hesitate to recommend Tony Trapp to any other person

Description of Work
The hinges of our Storm Door were ripping off the plank to which they were attached and needed to be repaired. I looked up Angie's List for a Handyman and came up with Tony Trapp Remodeling & Repairs, LLC.

01/16/2012

DAVID E.

He was good and we were satisfied with him. He did a good job and cleaned up after himself. The price was competitive. I would use Tony again.

Description of Work
Tony Trapp Repairs replaced the fan in our bathroom and ran a conduit out of the back to the peak of the roof.

Category handyman service, ceiling fans

12/02/2011

Carrie M.

They were very responsive when I called them initially. They showed up on time and completed the work within the estimate.

Description of Work
I used Tony Trapp Repairs LLC a year ago to install a door and a window.

Category replacement windows, doors

11/08/2011

Lynn J.

Made useful suggestions for me in terms of types of finishes etc. The door frame needed rebuilding as well. The results are perfect. Looks great and does not leak cold air like the last door did. They even took the extra step of getting the key to our front door so the back door key could be matched with the front.

Description of Work
Removed old door and storm door and replaced.

Category handyman service, woodworking

08/09/2011

Kim and Rob P.

We contacted Tony based on the very high recommendations of a neighbor. He came over to the house on April 21 to look at our problem and said he would be in touch with an estimate in a couple of weeks. We never heard from him and after two months, I called Tony to see what had happened. He indicated that he had gotten busy and some of his contractors/employees had sufferred serious health issues. He said we could wait to see if we heard from him or try someone else. We went in another direction. As far as I can tell, Tony is a good guy with a company that does good work but who has let his business get out of control. Even so, I expected a lot more professionalism and the communication was terrible.

Description of Work
No services were performed because Tony didn't follow through.

Category handyman service

I’m sorry that I was unable to completely follow through on this job. Had I realized how long it would take us to catch up after our key employee had to leave, I would have told you we couldn’t do your job right away. I’m also sorry to the people who referred me to you, not only did we lose your trust but theirs as well. We have worked very hard to earn our customers trust and build a reputable company the past 9 years; this has been the most challenging season by far. I take responsibility for this situation and I have made significant changes to help spread the job load throughout out the company more evenly. I do not want to make excuses but the member is correct, we suddenly lost our 1 and only full time lead carpenter at the start of a very busy season. He had to completely quit with less than 2 weeks’ notice so he could start chemo therapy to treat cancer. It took longer than I had anticipated finding, hiring and training two more full time carpenters to replace him so we could keep up with the jobs that we had scheduled. This all happened shortly after I looked at your job and I was overwhelmed getting thing back on track. We now have a project manager which has helped and have been working very hard at staying on schedule while still offering high quality work with great customer service.

04/12/2011

Richard T.

It went great. Tony was very informative about what the work we needed would entail. His carpenter made several excellant suggestions including closing up the area above the bay window and filling it with insulation, which makes our living room much warmer and we would have never thought of. Most of the cost of the project was for the actual door and window so the labor charge was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Various projects on the exterior of the house to prepare it for painting including, re-skinning a big bay window and adding insulation which it didn't have. Repair work on the wood surrounding the garage door. And other repair around the windows. Installing a new front door with sidelights and a new window.

Category handyman service, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking

04/07/2011

Emil T.

The part of the project they took care of was done promptly. I was very impressed with the quality of the work and plan to use them to repair similar type of work in the future.

Description of Work
Tony Trapp Repairs, LLC was recommended for a Insulating Project by the Contactor I had contacted. Several Ceiling fixtures had to be replaced with new ones that had protective housings that could have insulation blown around them. They repaired damaged drywall and prepared it for painting. Damage caused was necessitated by replacement of old ceiling fixtures with new ones and filling opennings vacated by fixtures that were not replace. Two bathrooms and two halls had the recessed fixtures. Lights and exhaust fans. I plan to use them again and have recommended them to my friends and neighbors.

Category drywall, handyman service

03/14/2011

DAVID E.

His professionalism was beyond what I had expected in good way and makes you comfortable. He does what he says he is going to do and he was very thorough in explaining things what needed to be done and what are the other options As far as the work and the pricing we are very happy with him. He is excellent and his people work is very comfortable. He is very professional himself and the way he handled the situation was wonderful. I will use him in future.

Description of Work
I used Tony Trapp Repairs last May for changing the bathroom sand and the way it had been wired through the addict so we needed the addict work to be done for installation.

Next Door & Window

Here at Next Door and Window, we a ready to bring you the best options for your new window and home door project. Next Door and Window has the best windows by Marvin, Integrity, Marvin Infinity and Sunrise. Wood Clad, Vinyl and Fiberglass Windows and Entry and Patio Doors by Albany and Provia. Next Door and Window will have one of their highly trained professionals meet with you and discuss all the possible options for your window and door project, they will then provide you with a FREE NO OBLIGATION quote for your project. Best of all, Next Door and Window will paint or stain your window and trim to match any color you need with our paint match program. Most others leave the project for you to finish with paint or stain, but, at Next Door and Window we do that for you! Next Door and Window also provides the best installation procedures and materials to make certain your project is done right and we back it with the industries best warranties. We have a full team of installation and service professionals to answer your questions…fast! If a visit is necessary to your home we will work around your schedule within a half-hour window of time to handle your issue quickly, often within 24 hours. We have over 25 trucks in the field to serve you fast. We are there when you need us. Additional DBA - Wolt Window & Door. Additional showroom addresses: 815 E. Ogden Ave, Naperville, IL 60563, & 718 E Rand Rd Arlington Heights, IL 60004.

Offers by Next Door & Window on Angi
    The Electrician Inc

We are a growing, local contractor with several field technicians, including several State Certified Master Electricians and Journeyman Electricians on staff at all times. We are a training organization and a member of Associated Builders and Contractors of Wisconsin. We are also a member of the BBB with an A+ rating. Our service area includes, but is not limited to Sauk, Columbia, Dane, northern Green, northern Rock and Western Iowa counties. We are pleased to provide service to Baraboo, Reedsburg, Portage, Lake Delton, Wisconsin Dells, Sauk City, Black Earth, Cross Plains, Spring Green, Mount Horeb, Verona, Fitchburg, Dodgeville, New Glarus, Monona, Madison, McFarland, Cottage Grove, Sun Prairie, DeForest and many surrounding communities. We provide free estimates upon request. Some work may allow for an estimate to be provided over the phone, but it is generally better for us to see the work that needs to be done in order to give an accurate estimate of the cost. We provide T&M services at a reduced rate for our Angie's List customers. Our first hour is billed at $129/hr, and time begins once we arrive at your home. We do not charge any additional fees or rates for travel time or trip charges within our service areas described above, however our first hour rate is also our minimum labor charge. After the first hour of work, we bill at a rate of $99/hr for work performed by each technician on site, and we bill out their time in 15 minute increments. One example would be; 2 technicians perform 1.5 hours of work at your home, for a total of 3 labor hours. You would be billed $129 for the first labor hour, then $99/e for the 2nd and 3rd labor hours. We are happy to provide references from past customers and contractors we work with. We perform most residential, commercial & industrial electrical services.

Complete Handyman

My name is Mark Schwebach. I am the owner of Complete Handyman as a division of Dream Homes LLC. I founded the company in 2004. I am 100% involved with day to day activities. I specialize in finishing basements. When it comes to basements, I will be involved in every aspect of the job. I will be hands on from the initial design process, the bidding process, acquiring permits, doing the actual construction, overseeing sub-contractors, through to the completion of the finished basement. I personally guarantee the highest level of attention to quality and detail throughout the entire project.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Home Repair, Kitchen Remodeling, Bathroom Remodeling, Basement Finishing, Historic Renovations, Energy Retrofits