THEBCO Windows, Doors & Siding

Founded 1976 • With Angi since December 2009

4126 Robertson Rd

Madison, WI 53714

THEBCO is a locally owned family business serving the Madison area since 1976. We specialize in replacement windows, entry and patio door installation and siding replacement throughout the Madison, WI. We offer excellent customer service and warranty on our products and services. We are experienced

08/11/2018

Ann N.

I liked the company's unpretentious style. They gave me a presentation about their windows at my house but did not "high-pressure sales me" after. I knew I could call my sales representative with questions and visit their showroom, both of which I did. I was excited to learn that their slider windows that I wanted, could be opened from the inside to clean. I did not find any other company whose sliders could do that. I was very impressed with the installation crew. They were hard-working, knowledgeable and personable/friendly. With their 3 person crew, they were able to complete the installation in one day. The communication from the company could have been better. I was a bit frustrated with how the scheduling of the installation was handled. Initially, I was given the days during which my project would be completed. It was getting close to that time so I called them to confirm. I was told that my project would be scheduled 2-3 weeks later. This was a bit frustrating...not because it had to be rescheduled but because I was not kept in the loop regarding the change. Also, a phone call from them after the installation to check-in with me would have been nice. Overall, I am very happy with the windows. They appear to be well built and are beautiful. Their price was lower than another company whose windows were of similar quality.

Description of Work
House window replacement

06/25/2018

Lisa V.

It went great! The guys who put in the windows were hard working, experienced and a pleasure to have around.

Description of Work
twenty new windows

02/09/2018

jim Z.

Went great- no pressure sales and Jason's crew were on time and cleaned up.dded bonus-the patio doors are fantastic looking and glad we made the decision we did- no buyers remorse.

Description of Work
Replace very drafty 40 year old patio doors and one window

02/09/2018

jim Z.

It went smoothly and very happy not to have a wood stick in either window to prevent break-ins and the windows don't leak cold air and open smoothly

Description of Work
replaced two windows

08/09/2017

Julayne J.

Two installers concentrated on the windows in addition to a third employee who installed the entry door over three days. They were very professional, efficient and considerate of my schedule and concerns. They were very conscious of installing a quality product. I am thrilled with my windows and would recommend this company to anyone. Estimates that I received from other companies were higher and I feel I received a better quality window with Thebco.

Description of Work
I had all windows in my house replaced as well as a sliding glass door, and the side entry door to my garage.

03/22/2017

Ron T.

Fantastically well, from the original estimator to the window measurer to ordering the windows to having them installed. The two installers, Mike and Mark, were fantastic: professional, skilled and friendly. The windows look great, and most importantly, I have a very happy wife.

Description of Work
We just replaced all of the original house windows (built 1978).

03/20/2017

elaine B.

I have never seen two harder workers than Justin and Jason. They kept their total attention on their work, never talking about anything other than the job. Total professionalism, very polite, neat and clean. We were so impressed! And we love the windows, too!

Description of Work
We had all seven of our windows replaced.

01/07/2017

M. Rebecca G.

They did a good job on the old siding. They've done all of our works since 2000 when we first started putting in 20 windows. We keep calling them back whenever we're ready for any projects. We always use them.

Description of Work
We had some windows done by THEBCO Windows and Doors. They reconstructed the inside and outside wall. They replaced the siding and put in a casement window.

Category siding, replacement windows

Wow. Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your commitment to working with us! We're here if you need anything down the road. Thanks again!

03/05/2016

Kathleen D.

Installation took a little bit longer (about half a day) than originally estimated. Was satisfied with employees at all levels, from sales, to the guy who came and measured, to the installers. The windows looked great, and all seemed well until it got really cold (below zero plus wind). That's when we noticed air coming in on the sides of some windows. Turns out several were cut 1/16th of an inch too small. We noticed this at 2 separate times. So far we've had some of them relaced and they seem fine--but it really hasn't gotten super cold since then. We are expecting to get the other replacements in a couple of weeks. They didn't give us any flack about our complaint and seemed eager to remedy the situation. Very satisfied with our patio doors. It definitely seems warmer in our living areas because of them.

Description of Work
We got all new triple-paned windows including two large patio doors..

Category replacement windows

Thanks for the review [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate your in depth review of the project. It was great to work with you!

02/01/2016

Bruce H.

Installer was on time and very efficient. Explained use of window features.

Description of Work
Replaced window in shed.

01/29/2016

Christopher B.

From the minute we walked out of THEBCO after our first meeting, we knew this was going to be a good experience. We had 5 estimates done on the house, and with THEBCO being the last, they were THE only company that also didn't ask what other companies we were looking at in order to jab at their credibility or product. Instead, Steve came out to the house and talked about our house, our windows, and their product (which we also did our research on). The Sunrise window ratings are comparable and even better than their competition, and are also quite beautiful. THEBCO was not pushy in sales either. They listened to us and worked with us before, during, and after the process of window-by-window hardware and finish decisions. Steve had good insight and advice as we went, and personally was in contact with us as we waited on our windows. When Mike came out to measure, he spent a lot of time at each window detailing the size, but also the surroundings (trim/baseboards, etc) to make sure that we could install exactly what we wanted at each window. By the end of measuring, we had a great idea of what each window would look like and felt comfortable waiting on the windows to be ordered. We waited quite a while on the windows to come in, but THEBCO communicated along the way, informing us of the progress from factory-to-paint/staining. As for the installation, the crew of Matt, Adam, and Mark was extremely professional and personable. They showed up the first day and walked through the house while we discussed where would be best for them to be able to set up each day. They took care of each construction site by adding drop cloths and were careful with things like the washer which I decided not to move out of the way. Between our prep (moving and covering furniture - Home Depot has $2 plastic drop cloths that worked great!) and their work ethic, the installation process was minimally intrusive for them being in the house for three days. Each day they would clean up and remove their equipment enough for us to shift furniture around and get our house back to the original configuration as the rooms were completed. They finished 8-9 windows a day and by the third day they were ahead of schedule. We noted things like scratches on one sliding window, missing/loose screens on two, and dinged up hardware on one. Each of the things that we had noticed at the end of the day had already been noticed, recorded, and noted by Matt and his team. The items we needed were all put on order and scheduled to be fixed when they came in. We had snow two of the three days and the crew took their time to cover areas that they were working on as to minimize any cold/snow that might be blowing around the inside part of the site. The crew works great together, genuinely enjoys one another, and being around them for three days was a pleasure. As for the windows, they look fantastic inside and out. The Brazilian Pecan finish on the inside looks extremely authentic (and matches the other oak we have in the house well), and the white finish on our upstairs windows also looks fresh and clean. The brick molding on the outside looks great as well. The windows are all extremely functional, work well, and we can tell already that the temperature of the house is more constant throughout the day/night. After months of consideration and tough decisions, I couldn't be more happy with the product, and this company as a whole. I have nothing but good things to say about this company and the professionalism yet personable approach that everyone we dealt with had. It made other companies that we had out for quotes look extremely distrustful. The phone calls to each letting them know we weren't going with their services proved that we made the right decision with THEBCO. Thank you Steve, Mike, Matt, Adam, and Mark for transforming our new windows into a great investment for our house. I would HIGHLY recommend this company for any window improvements you are considering in your home.

Description of Work
Installed replacement windows on entire house

12/10/2015

Edward P.

The whole process went very smooth. They are very professional and punctual. We had a slight problem with the latching of the storm doors after the install and they quickly responded and corrected the problem. They also cam back and re-keyed the storm door deadbolts so that the same key could be used on both doors (the entry doors were keyed the same, but not the storm doors). The doors look great. We would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed 2 new entry doors and storm doors on our house.

06/29/2015

Thomas R.

It went well. I think the windows are great but the final bill was a bit pricy.

Description of Work
Installed six windows.

04/30/2015

Dennis D.

They went fine. There is nothing they could have done differently. They were very prompt. I took them about three days to complete the work. I would recommend them to friends and family. In fact, one of the installer bought our old refrigerator. The price was fair. In the old patio door, you could feel the wind come in and now the dog lays down right next to the door. I’ve used them in the past. We had all of our windows replaced and front and back door.

Description of Work
We replaced our patio door. We used THEBCO Windows, Doors & Sliding.

12/26/2014

Randal K.

First, a disclaimer: My sweetie and I rehab homes, so we are very familiar with contractor and trades practices, and we know what to look for and watch for. From start through finish, working with THEBCO has been by far the cleanest, easiest, most exceptional experience that we've ever had. Owner Steve explained every possible option and process with solid knowledge and understanding of his industry, suppliers, and his crew. Mike who measures windows spent about 2 hours with us taking what I would classify as 'extreme' measurements. The installers joked that as a result, windows seem to go into the openings with kind of a suction noise. As it turns out, they were not kidding. I have never seen an after-market product fit with such accuracy - AND - the first time. The bow window itself is a work of craftsmanship beyond what we could have imagined, although exactly as promised. After prepping the rough opening to perfect plumb and level, they installed ice and water shield, and stuffed insulation in areas that were not previously insulated. It took a crew of 5 to carry and install the unit in place, then secure it to the rafters with stainless cables. After that, the main crew of 2 guys finished the 7 double hungs and large slider over the next two days. They had to significantly rebuild framing and replace rotted sills and sub-flooring from the old slider. They re-set the slider in deeper to eliminate the water-catching that was happening with the old unit. Of course everything was flashed and caulked to perfection. And all of the THEBCO suppliers are providing top-notch product, which helps the situation. The work required 3 full days to complete, exactly as promised, and the jobsite was kept exceptionally clean inside and out during the whole process. It's obvious that everyone involved in this company enjoys what they do, and they do it with outstanding craftsmanship and professionalism. Kudos to Steve for creating an environment that works and where people can express their considerable talents as well as they do. I just cannot express the extreme satisfaction that we have with this job. It's been almost 4 weeks since the install, and everything is setting perfect. And, OMG - we can actually see through all the windows again. If you're considering windows and doors in the Madison, WI area, look no further.

Description of Work
Replaced one very large 6-pane bow window, one sliding patio door, and 7 double-hung windows.

Category replacement windows, doors

[member name removed], Thank you so much for your review. It was a real pleasure to work with you. What gives us the most satisfaction is to hear back from our customers about their experience with Thebco. We will continue to strive to provide the best quality products and services in the Madison area. Sincerely, Steven Bobeck

12/15/2014

Carla F.

Decided to go with someone else less expensive.

Description of Work
Quote for sliding patio door replacement and window.

08/27/2014

Connie M.

The salesman was pleasant, made suggestions for saving money and modifying a huge living room window. No hard sell. Installers experience, pleasant, and I agreed to job. They also cleaned up and washed windows.

Description of Work
New living room, 3 bedrooms and basement windows and interior and exterior trim.

08/27/2014

KAYE C.

I needed to replace an aging front door on the home (the original from the late 1950s). Initially, the THECO sale person cam to the house to premeasure the door fram and door space. They have a large selection of samples, catalogs and a nice showroom for further inquiries regarding, door handle and lock possibilities. All Thebco staff were very careful regarding measurements. The original door measurements were remeasured for exact measurements by production mgr. The quality, secure and energy efficient door was ordered by Thebco. The installers fo an efficient, careful removal of the door frame, installing the new strong door frame for energy efficient fit. The door sweep at the bottom of the door is also speacial adjustable fit that the installers customize dor the specific door and home. All staff were knowledgeable, experienced and very nice to worek with. I have had numerous compliments on this very nice, strong, energy efficient front door.

Description of Work
Replaced a door.

Category doors

08/06/2014

M. Rebecca G.

The Carpentry artist that did the work on our windows and doors was respectful, friendly and tidy. He protected my floors with mats and throws and cleaned up after himself regularly. He was efficient and accurate with his measurements and cuts with the results of a beautiful front door and 2 awesome windows. We were very happy with the work done. We chose to use Thebco because their price was competitive and we'd had work done by them before and were happy. They also stand behind their work as we've experienced also. Yes. Definitely call them.

Description of Work
Replaces our front door, jam and 2 windows. Aluminum trimmed all to match the existing trim, and caulked. Beautiful, balanced work.

01/20/2014

Sarah S.

Very professional and polite. Good work/value/product for the money.

10/29/2013

Ray K.

Super responsive, informative salespeople, not pushy. The quote seemed reasonable, not the cheapest, but not the most expensive. Jason performed the job. He was punctual, friendly, and explained all the details. Delighted with the results.

Description of Work
Replacement of front door, fascia repair

09/21/2013

Douglas T.

Jason was prompt and courteous. The job was completed to my satisfaction. I was very pleased with the attention to detail Jason insisted on.

Description of Work
Replaced our patio sliding door.

Category doors

06/27/2013

Denise M.

Nice guy, good product, gave a lot of information on windows but price was VERY high compared to others that I contacted off Angie's list. Maybe commission? Went with other provider for 9 triple panes for less than half and I'm very happy. Believe they have a great product but cost not acceptable

Description of Work
Window replacement sales

05/30/2013

Corrine C.

We had a big living room window and kitchen window replaced by Thebco 2 years ago. They just replaced the others on May 6th this year. I tell you, I would highly recommend their service. Steve the owner is a delight to work with. He came out to the house and thoroughly educated us on our window selections. He was very professional and really showed concern for our needs. He explained everything and worked with us on the price. Mike was our installer. He did a fantastic job!! He was on time every day (being that he was a one man show) it took 2 1/2 days for 7 windows, plus he framed our bathroom window. He had covered everything in each room, cleaned every window and vacuumed every room that he was in. the outside was left spotless!!! It was like he was never there.except for the beautiful windows that he installed to prove his presence. We went with the EnviroDesign Double Hung windows. They are the best. When we had them installed previously, my heating bill dropped. We are very pleased and have recommended Thebco to all we know. It really is not necessary to go through the hassle of getting prices from other window businesses. We did do our homewrok 2 years ago and it took weeks, then we went to Thebco and it was the best decision we made. You will receive: Excellent service, beautiful windows, great price, and NO headaches or disappointment when it comes to service. It is a big decision, but not when you have reviews like this. They are a great family owned business that cares about you and treating you right. Thank you Steve and Mike, we love our windows and really respect you and your business. Corrine & Mike

Description of Work
We had 7 replacement windows put in.

Category replacement windows

Dear (deleted member name), Thank you very much for your recent review. We are able to grow and improve our services thanks to the customers like you. It was a real pleasure working with the both of you! Sincerely, Steve Bobeck

05/19/2013

Jan G.

They called to tell me the windows were in and asked if they could start 3 days later. It was fine with me. One guy did all the windows and cladded the outside, too. It took him only 4 days. The job was done neatly and everything was cleaned up when I got home from work. Beautiful windows, easy to open and close and will be so easy to wash. I cannot wait to see my fuel bills go down this fall. They are the best windows I have ever seen. I compared with several local contractors and Thebco had the best windows around, and the best price. I LOVE MY NEW WINDOWS!

Description of Work
Installed all new windows for the whole house.

Next Door & Window

Here at Next Door and Window, we a ready to bring you the best options for your new window and home door project. Next Door and Window has the best windows by Marvin, Integrity, Marvin Infinity and Sunrise. Wood Clad, Vinyl and Fiberglass Windows and Entry and Patio Doors by Albany and Provia. Next Door and Window will have one of their highly trained professionals meet with you and discuss all the possible options for your window and door project, they will then provide you with a FREE NO OBLIGATION quote for your project. Best of all, Next Door and Window will paint or stain your window and trim to match any color you need with our paint match program. Most others leave the project for you to finish with paint or stain, but, at Next Door and Window we do that for you! Next Door and Window also provides the best installation procedures and materials to make certain your project is done right and we back it with the industries best warranties. We have a full team of installation and service professionals to answer your questions…fast! If a visit is necessary to your home we will work around your schedule within a half-hour window of time to handle your issue quickly, often within 24 hours. We have over 25 trucks in the field to serve you fast. We are there when you need us. Additional DBA - Wolt Window & Door. Additional showroom addresses: 815 E. Ogden Ave, Naperville, IL 60563, & 718 E Rand Rd Arlington Heights, IL 60004.

Offers Coupon

Clearview Sunrooms & Windows

Locally owned and operated home improvement company by Ben Kripps. ClearView's showroom is located in Madison. Showroom is open for browsing during normal business hours. Pricing is done by showroom or home appointments only at anytime with Ben Kripps.

TruHome Inc

TruHome specializes in offering our customers superior products at an affordable price. We specialize in stone-coated steel and asphalt roofing, energy-efficient windows, safe and maintenance-free tub/shower systems, and siding. We offer limited to lifetime transferable warranties on our products. We also offer financing, which makes us unique. Our company was established in 2016. TruHome Inc began offering only roofs and windows and have since expanded our products to bath/shower systems and siding. Even though TruHome Inc has grown, we still are a family owned-operated business with the same values. Our everyday goal is to provide our customers with superior products at an affordable price that will last them many years.

Offers Coupon

Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, Financing Available

We are a full service Replacement Window, Doors and Siding Company. THEBCO will educate the consumer on all aspects of the product and project. We always do a final material check before ordering any product. Our in-house installers are assigned specifically to accommodate each project. THEBCO does not sub-contract any part of our installation. All service issues are handled in a timely manner by our service manager of 20 years.

We will not perform service work on products that we have not installed.