PETERS PAINTING CONTRACTORS

Founded 1977 • With Angi since November 2006

Since our founding in 1977, we have tried to make our company the most quality oriented, reliable, and innovative painting, staining, and restoration organization in the Madison area. Over the years, we have tried to incorporate excellent craftsmanship with a progressive approach to painting and restoration. Recognizing the need for a more intelligent, professional approach to residential and commercial painting, we set several guidelines in which to actualize the goal. They include: quality, value, and integrity. These guidelines have become the cornerstone of our operation and have allowed us to become a leader in our field....

A Service Provider's profile image

+55 more images

interior painting (62)house painting (33)drywall (9)deck cleaning (7)pressure washing (5)wallpaper removal (1)

12/02/2021

Andy K.

We currently have Peters Painting doing interior painting of a large part of our house including cabinets. In 40 years with multiple painters we have never had such a great experience, Eric was so helpful in arranging the painting and making sure this complex job was done correctly, The crew of Steve, Reggie, and Jason were compulsive about detail work and did an amazing job and were so pleasant to deal with, This company is top-of-the line quality but reasonably priced, I would recommend them to anyone. They are a community treasure,

Description of Work
Interior painting including cabinets

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/02/2021

07/11/2019

Ann L.

Fast and easy - quick response to inquiry, job done well and in great time.

Description of Work
outside house painting

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 07/11/2019

07/02/2019

Jane M.

Erik is the "go to guy" in the Madison area for painting. Well known and loved by those of us who have used him. We had him paint our exterior 10 years ago and it still looks good. Had him back this past spring to do interior work. His team is professional, and top notch when it comes to prep work and attention to detail. Steve and his crew were prompt and considerate and left everything spotless after each working day. We had them paint our family room which is paneled with built ins, (required extra time and attention), kitchen and mudroom. They also did an excellent job fixing plaster issues with the ceiling due to water damage. Can't say enough good things about this company. Great to work with! Thanks guys!

Description of Work
Family room , kitchen and ceiling repaired due to water damage

Work Completed On 03/15/2019

12/09/2018

Patricia H.

This is long overdue but wanted to say that Eric and his crew, particularly Steve, did an exceptional job painting the exterior of my house in the summer of 2018. They were very professional, paying attention to detail, on schedule, perform a clean job and pleasant to the dogs. It's not often that one comes across painters who really care about their work but Eric and his crew stand out in many respects going out of their way to do the very best they can.

Description of Work
Painting the exterior of house

Work Completed On 06/12/2018

07/09/2018

Philip C.

Great. Eric Peters is very knowledgeable and a joy to work with. They use the best products to assure a long lasting finish, and applied very carefully to avoid splashing stain on siding. I would trust them with any painting project. I couldn't be happier with the result.

Description of Work
Deck stained and sealed.

Category deck cleaning

Work Completed On 07/06/2018

07/06/2018

jim Z.

Turned out great and received lots of complements

Description of Work
interior painting of bathroom,two hallways, living and dining room but had to also fix some wall damage

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/09/2018

05/30/2018

Suzanne H.

I loved working with Eric and his crew. He was well worth the wait. He has hired folks that are fussy, professional, kind and careful. They went over every surface of the project, finding any rotten boards that needed repair, and worked to ensure they didn’t miss any little area to be painted. They used a product that was good for the wood, would seal it well and keep it from molding. When the crew came early, they were quiet and respectful. Super friendly and awesome folks, and Eric is the kind of contractor that makes sure you get the best service. I highly recommend Peters Painting.

Description of Work
I needed the exterior of my cedar sided house painted, including the trim.

05/14/2018

tom S.

This was a big job, requiring lots of repairing, patching & surface preparation. I wanted both ceilings & walls painted throughout, as well as the fireplace and one interior door. Eric came out and gave me a realistic quote for the job. He kept me updated as the work progressed, and I am extremely happy with the results. What they delivered was exceptional. The walls are beautiful, and the condo was clean when the crew packed-up and left. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Painting interior of condo unit

Work Completed On 05/14/2018

07/27/2017

Mary M.

Eric Peters was terrific in keeping us informed and letting us know what we needed to do (cut back some plants touching the house) ahead of time. He put us in touch with a color consultant who came up with a subtle color scheme that makes the house look much better, makes it blend into its environment (good since its shape is utilitarian) and makes it distinctive at the same time. The crew was efficient and quiet. When there was one mistake in starting to paint shutters the wrong color, they quickly corrected it when we spoke to them. Every one was pleasant and friendly to deal with. We had a positive experience start to finish and the house looks great.

Description of Work
We had our whole house painted. Shutters and front door were different colors. Gutters and storms were white.

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 07/20/2017

06/28/2017

Brooke F.

I didn't end up having work performed by Peters Painting Contractors, but I was so impressed with Eric that I had to write this review. We had just purchased a house and wanted to get the exterior repainted since it was starting to peel pretty badly. Eric swung by today to take a look at our situation and called me at work to tell me that our fiberboard siding was failing and paying anyone to paint it would be a waste of money. He flat-out refused to do the work, losing a potential job rather than misleading a customer. That is integrity in a nutshell, and I would not hesitate to call Eric again for another painting project.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of our home

Work Completed On 06/28/2017

11/21/2016

Robert D.

We have used Peters Painting several times now and have always been very satisfied. We especially appreciate the close attention given to proper preparation, the emphasis on care and quality, and the overall professionalism and friendliness of Eric and his crew.

Description of Work
Painted dormers and two sides of house plus some additional prep and touch-up

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 11/09/2016

02/25/2016

Robert P.

I used an Angies list coupon to initiate some interior work which included fixing a plaster wall that had some water damage. This was in the fall of 2014. He did a great job. It was done in a timely fashion, professional. I decided to get quote for exterior work. Touching up trim that had been exposed due to re-siding. he gave me an estimate and we agreed to have the work done in the spring before my garden plants started coming up. I think he may have underestimated the job. The painter he put on this job was very thorough and did a nice job with the detailed work, but some of the work definitely should've been primed first, but Eric said he didn't account for that. So the coverage isn't as good as it should've been. All the trim will need to be redone a few years down the road, so this will do until then.That being said, I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Interior hallway, plaster repair, exterior trim cleanup.

Work Completed On 05/01/2015

02/24/2016

Joe A.

Extremely great!! Was in and out while we were at work and would never be able to tell someone was there except the walls being a different color. Looks great!! Would highly recommend and use again. Thanks!

Description of Work
Painted multi-level entry way.

Work Completed On 05/13/2013

02/09/2016

Arthur D.

Excellent. I've used Eric Peters for three projects in the past 8 years. They've all been excellent experiences, timely, courteous, very helpful in discussing options, great painting crews who were neat and cleaned up completely.

Description of Work
Painted walls & ceiling of basement rooms

Work Completed On 01/01/2016

01/30/2016

Marie Y.

The project was finished in two days. They did a perfect job, and they cleaned up after themselves. Excellent service. Will use again.

Description of Work
The provider came out and did some painting for me.

Work Completed On 09/15/2015

12/05/2015

Ray A.

It went extremely well. Our house looks new again!! We've gotten very positive comments from our neighbors. Eric Peters (owner) and his staff were very professional. I requested additional chalking during the job and this was completed at a very acceptable price. We provided restroom facilities and they didn't make a mess! At the end of each and every day everything was cleaned up and you wouldn't have known they were there except for the new paint applied. At end of each day, one of the crew let us know when they planned to arrive the next day which was very nice to know for our planning purposes and they did arrive as planned. There was a gutter/ladder mishap and Eric immediately brought this to my attention without me asking and he had a new gutter installed. We are very pleased and definitely recommend Eric Peters/Peters Painting Contractors and his staff to anyone. The Anderson's

Description of Work
Arrived on time to review work and provided timely project proposal. Provided clear, understandable proposal. Provided estimated start date depending upon weather which was met. Called ahead to arrange preparation and installation work. Eric Peters provided me with references for carpenter, roofer and gutter contacts which proved to be excellent resources.

Work Completed On 10/12/2015

11/10/2015

Thomas S.

.Eric arrived as agreed and did the work quickly with excellent results. He was very helpful and made suggestions for resolving the probable root cause of the problem...a leaky gutter.

Description of Work
Repaired blistering/peeling paint on small section of roof facia and soffit. This was a very small job and I wanted it done before winter. I left a message which responded to the same day and within a week the work was done.I was amazed that he would take the time during a busy season to do my job but he did.

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/10/2015

08/24/2015

Leigh C.

Scheduling the actual start of this work was a little challenging due to the uncertain timing of completing other jobs and having suitable weather, but once underway Eric and his team were consistently timely, communicated with us frequently, and did an excellent job. We are very pleased with the results and would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Preparation and staining of exterior cedar siding and trim on two sides of our home.

Work Completed On 08/10/2015

03/05/2015

DONNA O.

This work is beautiful. Eric came in with two painters ( Jason and Jason subsequently known as Jason 1 and Jason 2) explained what needed to be done which was to paint my living room, bedroom, hallway and ceilings and let them have at it. Both Jason's spent a long morning taping the rooms to insure perfection. Once that was done, they also retextured the walls in my bedroom which had been damaged by a bad paint job done by myself. (in my defense, feathering was a fad at one time) Both Jason's spent the rest of their time here just really making everything perfect, even if it meant seeing problems they might have missed and redoing it again.They were both wonderful and the work is beautiful. I would call them again and would/will refer them to anyone I know who is looking for painting work.

Description of Work
painted my bedroom, hallway, living room and ceilings.

Work Completed On 02/18/2015

08/20/2014

Heather A.

The painters were prompt, reliable, friendly and talented!

Description of Work
repaired plaster and painted walls, ceiling and trim.

Work Completed On 04/01/2013

08/04/2014

Tiffany R.

We purchased a day of painting from Angie's "big deals"" and used it to have the walls repainted with the existing color (no ceiling or trim). End results look good.

Description of Work
Painted entryway.

Work Completed On 05/01/2014

06/06/2014

Katherine G.

Great job! The painting was done perfect and we were happy with the cleanliness.

Description of Work
Painted bedroom, hallway and bathroom ceiling.

Work Completed On 04/01/2014

05/30/2014

Kathleen B.

I can't say enough good things about this company. We purchased an Angie's List deal for work to be performed during the winter. Due to health issues, we had to postpone until the warm weather, when Peters Painting has converted to exterior work for the season. However, they were able to fit us in promptly, the work was done very well, and we are completely delighted with the job. Eric came by to do our estimate, worked with the painter to get set up on Day 1, and came by on Day 2 to make sure everything was going well. I call that great service! We would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Painted our kitchen, primed and painted two exterior doors, grouted the sink.

Category house painters, interior painters