OVERHEAD DOOR COMPANY OF MADISON INC

Founded 1957 • With Angi since December 2007

Sales, installation, and service of garage doors, operators, dock equipment and rolling steel doors....

Jordan Exteriors

10 Consecutive Year Super Service Award Winner in Doors, Siding and Windows! We are a home exterior remodeling company that specializes in vinyl replacement windows, siding and doors. Our window installers are from the Amish community and are craftsmen with over 23 year of experience. We offer free estimates and a lifetime warranty on all window, siding, and door products. Customer Service, Satisfaction and communication is our main goal at a fair price.

Offers by Jordan Exteriors on Angi
Northland Door Systems

We sell and install garage doors, garage door openers, central vacuums. We service all makes and brands of garage doors, garage door openers and central vacuums.

Meinholz Overhead Door

Locally owned & operated by someone that grew up in the Madison area. At this point, I am a one man crew. I own the business, take the calls, and do all the service and installation myself. This gives you a much more personal experience. My goal with this business is to leave you with a lasting impression. One that you would be happy to tell your family and friends about.

Offers by Meinholz Overhead Door on Angi

05/01/2017

Bill S.

Very well. Installer was very professional.

Description of Work
New garage door.

10/17/2016

Bernadette R.

Repair done within 2 hours of phone call. Owner was within a couple of miles from my house. Showed me how and what to oil to keep chain in good working condition for years to come. Would recommend him.

Description of Work
Chain on garage door replaced.

06/09/2014

Mary K.

We had two phone conversations with them, in one they said they would come for an estimate on Tuesday of that week, they did not show up. Someone appeared the following tuesday to give an estimate, by then we had moved on. It was hard to communicate with this company, perhaps their work is fine, we will never know.

Description of Work
we were looking for an estimate to replace garage door and opener.

11/12/2013

Gary J.

I left the Service?/Parts? area with a very poor impression of the Overhead Door Company....will not consider them should I need any of the services they may offer....I will not recommend them to any of my friends...I will shop on-line as they appear not to want my business

Description of Work
There was an individual seated behind the Service?/Parts? desk who did not even greet me....I asked him if I could purchase a replacement button for the remote I showed him....he said no, they don't have them.....silence....then he stated that the unit I had was obsolete anyway...I asked him how much a new remote would cost....he said $34.00....acted aloof, did not offer any suggestions...could care less...

09/05/2013

Dave J.

I called Overhead Door on a Wednesday and they were out bright and early on Thursday. I had broken springs on my door so the opener wouldn't work and it was too heavy to lift. I asked for a quick estimate over the phone and the price was better than two other compnaies so I went with them. Brice showed up and was very courtous and polite. He replaced both springs, installed the remote and did a quick lubrication of all moveing parts in less than 45 minutes. I can't think of a thing to complain about and will reccommend them to others.

Description of Work
Replace springs and install remote entry.

08/23/2013

carin I.

This place doesn't even want your business, but they just don't have the balls to say so. I called them and asked them to come out and give an estimate. They came while I wasn't home so I assumed they would call me, wrong. I then called a few days later and they said they would email me an estimate., WRONG. Lame as h***.

Description of Work
Couldn't even get them to give me an estimate.

07/30/2013

Kevin R.

We called Overhead Door on Thursday morning telling them that the cables on each side of the double door were sagging. A repair person came during my lunch hour and gave us an estimate to replace the garage door opener, garage door or just fix the spring and an approximate time length of repair. We scheduled an appointment for the next day Friday, July 17. John the repairmen called before he came and showed up on time. He assessed the problem and said he would simply replace the spring versus installing a new door and garage opener as they both still worked fine. In addition one of the numbers on the outside keypad didn't work so he reprogrammed the keypad with a new code. He also noticed the bottom cushion was not sealed properly to the floor when the door was closed. He put in some sort of cushioning/padding in the end so the door would be sealed on the bottom. He also framed up the door so light didn't show through on both sides of the door (which was not done by the original installer). John was done in about 1/3 of the time quoted the day before. He was very knowledgeable and professional and knew exactly what to do. Very nice man. We've never had garage door repairs done before so we can't compare the cost to anything. We did not shop around either. We just called Overhead Door to get the repair done promptly. We are not sure if the cost of the spring, labor and trip charge is equal to what we were charged or not.

Description of Work
Replaced broken original spring on double garage door. Framed up door so you couldn't see any daylight through the sides, this was not done with original installer 12 years ago. Put in cushioning in baffle at bottom of door so rain and snow would not come in.

02/17/2013

Adrienne N.

I already knew what brand and style garage door plus garage door opener that I wanted. I contacted them to see what their price was, as they were an official dealer of the garage door company I liked, and their price was less expensive than the other quote that I got, by $700. I never went into the shop. I did everything by phone. Dennis, the residential contact, was almost always available. He was professional, patient, returned calls promptly, and happy to keep adjusting the order with the upgrades that I eventually requested. The only downside was that he did not ask questions or make me aware of the options that turned out to be important to me, like how important is it to have a quiet garage door opener (and then recommend options to make it especially quiet, like with nylon rollers) or the latest options in garage door opener technology (like opening the garage door with smart phone instead of buying extra openers), or how often we opened the garage door (affected the spring we ordered). He came by to check on the specs of the door opening and space, but not until after the door had already been ordered. Luckily, everything was good. The installers were pleasant and easy to work with. They were able to answer my questions and appeared to know what they were doing. The garage door and opener have been in use for three months now, and everything is working perfectly.

Description of Work
A new garage door and garage door opener were installed.

09/10/2012

Robert D.

The actual replacement and install went without a hitch. The person who installed the door was very professional, and exuded confidence. They even came back to help me program the garage door opener to my car, and to fix the programming of the opener when my attempts to program the Homelink system in my car met with failure. (I would suggest, if at all possible, have your cars there when they finish with the installation as the programming is simple to them, but trying to figure it out from the manual is very difficult.) I gave them a B on punctuality for the simple reason that they don't return phone calls as quickly as some companies with which I have dealt. They also don't seem to be big into using voice mail. But once you get someone to talk to, they do a good job of taking care of you. The price was competitive with other places I checked out. I would recommend these people to anyone needing a garage door replaced or repaired. They will give you an honest opinion of what work needs to be done, and do not push you at all. In fact, even though my original garage door (also an Overhead Door) was 20 years old, they said it would easily last a few more years. I just decided to do the whole thing at once.

Description of Work
Replace and remove original garage door and opener

07/05/2012

Beverly H.

They are professional and efficient. They have always done a good job for me. I have been happy with their work.

Description of Work
I used Overhead Door Maintenance of Madison to replace a cable on one of my garage doors.

OVERHEAD DOOR COMPANY OF MADISON INC

Founded 1957 • With Angi since December 2007

917 WATSON AVE

Madison, WI 53713

RESIDENTIAL: BANNER COLLECTION, THERMACORE, COURTYARD COLLECTION, RIBBON V12, TRADITIONAL STEEL DOORS, RANCH HOUSE COLLECTION, WOOD GARAGE DOORS, GARAGE DOOR OPENERS. COMMERCIAL: SECTIONAL STEEL: THERMACORE, STEEL, ALUMINUM. ROLLING SERVICE, COUNTER, SHEET. HIGH PERFORMANCE: INTERIOR/EXTERIOR, EXTREME INTERIOR/EXTERIOR, SPECIALTY. FIRE DOORS: ROLLING FIRE, COUNTER FIRE, INTEGRAL FRAME/SILL. ADDITIONAL SERVICES OFFERED LISTED ON WEBSITE.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover