Mark's Reddi Rooter & Plumbing

Founded 1970 • With Angi since August 2010

1425 Gilson Street

Madison, WI 53715

Since 1970, Mark's Reddi Rooter & Plumbing has been serving Dane County and South Central Wisconsin. Today, Mark's Reddi Rooter & Plumbing remains a family-owned business, while growing into one of the area's top drain cleaning/plumbing companies. The plumbing professionals at Mark's Reddi Rooter

11/03/2021

Nicholas F.

I had an emergency sewer drain cleaning performed. Basement floor drain had about a half inch of water coming out. Mark's came over for an early evening (~6pm) consultation and was able to clean out the sewer line leading to the street. The team was in and hour within an hour. Took ~45 minutes to arrive. I'm definitely keep their number around in case I need it again and trying to spread the good word to whoever may need their service.

Description of Work
Sewer Line Clearing

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

08/13/2018

joseph K.

Thorough job and done quickly

Description of Work
Basic clearing of sewer line

11/17/2017

John M.

Description of Work

Category sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

09/03/2017

Amie H.

We called Mark's Redi Rooting & Plumbing as soon as we discovered the backup. It was the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, but someone answered the phone right away. She said the on-call plumber would call us shortly, and Dennis called about 20 minutes later. We set up a time window, and he arrived promptly. He got to work right away, and within the hour, he had everything cleared up and the water running smoothly. He even took the time to explain some funky plumbing in our basement, which I really appreciated. We would absolutely use Mark's Redi Rooting & Plumbing again.

Description of Work
Our basement drain backed up due to tree roots in the pipe.

05/24/2017

Paul W.

initial attempt with power snake broke the snake (long run of 70+ feet, and a pretty bad clog of roots towards the end). fortunately they have a high pressure jet system that was able to clear the line and they were able to do that the same day (yay!). cost was more than I hoped, because of the broken snake, but under the circumstances seemed quite reasonable. they were prompt, professional, and courteous

Description of Work
clearing clogged service drain

01/30/2017

David M.

Excellent. He ran 30 feet of snake down the pipe to make sure clog was removed. The job took him approximately 20 minutes. Drain runs fine now.

Description of Work
Unclogged a kitchen sink drain. The clog was located past where the pipe met the wall and could not be moved by plunging the drain myself.

01/10/2017

Randy K.

He did a good job. He was real professional, called me back, explained everything well. He was really personable, clean, and showed up when he said he was going to.

Description of Work
He unclogged the drain.

10/15/2016

Kevin B.

They did the work as described. They showed up with in 3.5 hours of being called. Cleared tree roots in less than 30 mins.

Description of Work
Had sewer blockage on a Sat. Need someone reliable and available. Called at 9:30 AM.

09/08/2016

Lisa K.

Great! They were able to send someone out the same day, which was a huge help. Mark came on time, scoped the job, brought in the equipment, ran the rooter, and we were back in business. Mark was very professional and personable. I'd definitely use them again and recommend to others.

Description of Work
Kitchen drain unclogged

03/24/2016

Phill S.

It went great, Mike was very professional and work quickly and efficiently. He took out my old water heater and had the new one installed in less than three hours. That time also included him having to go back to the shop to get the new water heater after examining mine and letting me know it was not fixable.

Description of Work
Mike came and checked out our leaking water heater and replaced it with a new 40 gallon water heater.

06/08/2015

Joe K.

There were no problems setting the appointment. The plumber, Andy, called the day before to confirm the 8:00 AM appointment. He showed up on time and went to work immediately. He found out that the pipes were reversed, and corrected the input to the valve. He spent two hours working on the replacement in a somewhat confined space and the finished product looked really good. He was very courteous and congenial.

Description of Work
upgraded a shower valve for a bathroom remodel.

12/19/2014

Sherry H.

I called their main office and told them I have a clog, leak or problem with my garbage disposal. The guy they sent was "only [did] clogs." He told me the garbage disposal was leaking, but he could not fix it because he wasn't a plumber, but "only a clog specialist." In the end, he didn't even fully clear the clog, which I discovered in the process of replacing the garbage disposal. Also, he didn't even clean up after himself! We had to go out and buy a garbage disposal and have someone else install it. It is ridiculous to send a person who can only do one thing, rather than a fully trained plumber, when the cause of the problem was not clear. And to charge $130 to clear one sink drain and leave a mess behind is not worthy of being on Angie's List. I will not use this company again and do not recommend them.

Description of Work
Unclogged kitchen sink drain.

12/08/2014

Joe V.

I called Mark on recommendation of another local plumber. It was an after hour emergency and he sent the next available man which was within 1 1/2 hours - excellent window in an emergency situation. He went right to work never wasted a second. Very knowledgeable and within an hour the drain was clean & clear. Mark (the service Tech) was on his way to the next call. Very easy to talk with and pleasant and don't mind wading through 1 inch of backed-up water. I would recommend this company to anyone who would be in need and certainly would hire him again if the need arose.

Description of Work
Cleared Tree Roots from main drain 45 feet from house

10/10/2014

Mary Lou R.

Fast, efficient, friendly serviceman.

Description of Work
He unclogged a drain.

09/26/2014

Saundra D S.

Very dissatisfied as plumber left master bath handle very lose after attempting to remove handle to rebuild. It remains very loose. He discovered that the salt has solidified at the top of tank but I was the one that broke it loose. I am happy that water softener is now working and that it was simply solved. I was not happy that he could not get my dishwasher running but as it turned out, I called someone else and he recommended that I check the valve on top of counter that it might be plugged. I could not tell if it was it was plugged, but it is now working. I was not happy to be charged for an additional 25 min when he was not even working or at my house for the full 2 hours. He was honest as to what he charged for beyond the 2 hours. Overall, although he was a pleasant man, I would not use him again. I had fairly simple tasks and he did not meet expectations.

Description of Work
Caulked tub on faucet end of master bath tub. It is starting to come apart. Replaced the valve in guest bathroom toilet as there was a continuous whistle. Identified problem with water softener not running through cycle due to salt that had solidified. Attempted to rebuild 3 bathroom sink faucets but could not get handles off due to calcification. Was going to order new sprayer for kitchen sink faucet but it was VERY expensive so I cancelled the order.

09/09/2014

Jeff B.

Everything turned out well. The plumber arrived promptly, did a good job with the faucets, and was pleasant when interacting with me.

Description of Work
They installed faucets as part of a deal.

09/04/2014

Jeanne W.

The employee that came and performed the service was great. He was personable and willing to give me every minute I paid them for. Since he cleaned the drains it has been working great and more freely. Thank you for the great service!

Description of Work
Cleaned a drain in the bathroom and one in the kitchen.

08/07/2014

Judith L.

I would use this service again if I could afford the full price, and that's why the 'B' overall . The other reason I rank them a 'B' on professionalism, and this is true of many kinds of repair/remodel people that come into your home, is their boots are dirty from other jobs, etc., and they don't put covers on them or take them off. So that is a general comment, not just this service. Once they've cleaned a drain, they are standing in the shower running water to make sure everything works, what do you think is going to happen next? The floors and carpets get dirty from the wet, dirty boots and then it's clean up time for you. That's exactly what happened. My hallway carpet has to replaced because of a bathroom remodel. Be sure to ask them when they arrive, most have the boot covers in their trucks. Otherwise they are professional.

Description of Work
The provider under a special Angie's List deal cleaned one drain. I had them do the shower drain. They were prompt, called ahead, and courteous. The drain was augered is still running quite well. I would easily use them again except that drain cleaners in general have gotten so expensive for a very basic task that takes about 10 minutes. Check around for competitive pricing. At $49, I was more than welcome to have them clean a drain, but at $139.00 I would probably go to the hardware store, buy a hand auger for $12.00 and do it myself.

04/15/2014

Craig M.

Service technicians were extremely clean and professional in what could be a very dirty job. Two other companies were unable to fix the problem, but Mark's Reddi Rooter said they would not give up until it was solved. Due to the nature of the clog, they returned with a licensed plumber so they could have all work completed as required. I cannot recommend Mark's Reddi Rooter highly enough, would certainly use them again, and would be loathe to call anyone else.

Description of Work
Cleared clog in stack of home.

05/29/2013

david l H.

After taking a shower, I went downstairs and found the basement floor drain had backed up. At 12 noon I called Mark's and they said someone would be out between 2 and 4 pm. At 3pm repairman arrived and when to work. In minutes after using the machine auger, the blockage cleared and the floor drain drained clear. Ran water to the drain and it continued to drain completely. Great job. Repair guy was professional, new what he was doing and suggested things that people often toss into the toilet that should not be tossed in. Although I thought at first that the bill was a little high I changed my mind when I realized how much a house depends in so may ways on a reliable drain system. I'm satisfied.

Description of Work
Power spun an auger through the sewer pipe from the house clear to the street main. Found a clog and cleared it, found tree roots and cleared them. Service was done in 30 minutes.

05/22/2013

Dianne S.

Reddi Rooter were recommended to me by the city when they came to inspect the problem that I had. It was a difficult job it didn't clear for a while but he eventually got it. He ran a cable out to 140feet! He was really nice and competent and the receptionist was also nice.

Description of Work
I used Reddi Rooter. I had a sewer back up and he came and cleared it.

04/15/2013

Rosalie Maria M.

A basic problem of roots. They cleared the pipe. End of story.

Description of Work
The owner and his son came to take care of a backed up drain. They were prompt and efficient. No problems and took care of the problem easily.

03/07/2013

carol D.

While it took a couple of visits to the rental unit to rectify the situation after the initial service date, I found the owner's willingness to right any wrongs handled in record time. I've used this company before and so my experience with work on 2/23 wasn't what I was used to. Mark, the owner, got another technician out to the rental unit and corrected the problem. I was more than pleased with his professionalism and willingness to do what is necessary in order to keep his customers.

Description of Work
Back-up of septic in a rental unit.

11/26/2012

Douglas K.

I am recommending these guys to everyone. When I called the person answering the phone understood what I was talking about. We diagnosed the problem by looking at the septic system level, which turned out to be low so there was no problem with the tank. I said our house was built within the last 16 years so we had PVC sewer line and I did not want to risk carving it up with a large machine that is used to cut tree roots etc. like Roto Rooter and some others have. So they sent two machines, one small one with a small cutter head and one larger one with a bigger cutter head. They tried the small one first so as not to do damage. It worked. I called several other companies and they all said either they only had one machine or they only had one size cutter head. Several of them would not guarantee that they would damage the PVC. This company assured me they would not. When the technician arrived he selected from a set of cutters. I needed same day service due to company coming for dinner. The technician arrived on time as promised. He was clean, neat, polite and personable. He worked very carefully so as not to damage anything nearby. He also kept the job he was doing clean and neat and he even cleaned up everything after he was done with some spray cleaner and washed off the floor and the drain. He was a credit to the company and a delight to do business with. Just the kind of person you'd want showing up at your house for this kind of job. The cost was very reasonable: $150 for about an hour which included a $20 trip charge to come out from Madison to our place in the country south of Mount Horeb. I couldn't be happier with this experience both in terms of talking to them about what to do, and the person doing the work, and the way the work was done. They are an excellent company.

Description of Work
We called them to unplug a floor drain in our basement that was backing up every time we ran water anywhere in the house. The floor drain was connected to the sewer under the concrete floor going out of our house to our septic system. It turned out the sewer line was clogged. They brought in a machine with a long rotary snake and fixed the problem in one hour.

02/07/2012

Elaine P.

First, let me say that I am thoroughly disgusted with this company, and hope others will take heed of this review. Pros: The technician they sent was very nice, communicated well about the problem, and was professional-- except about one thing.... Cons: He used my salad spinner as a catch bucket for pipe sludge. The full story: I took him down to the kitchen and turned on the light. Asked him if he needed anything--he declined, though I wish he had said, "A bucket!" (He's a plumber, shouldn't he have had one in his truck?) I didn't want to loom over him and make him feel all weird, and I was in the middle of doing my taxes anyway, so I came back up the 6 or so stairs to the main level. He (and the sink, and under the sink) was clearly visible from the top of the stairs, and every so often I would take a break and wander over and peek down, see if everything was going okay. About halfway through, I noticed he was using a clear bucket to hold that dark gray, nearly opaque, murky water coming out of the pipes. I thought, 'That looks an awful lot like the bowl on my OXO salad spinner,' at which point my eyes traveled up to find my salad spinner basket and lid sitting on the opposite side of the sink from where I normally store my salad spinner. Mortified. Too late to do anything about it. Just made a mental note of it and waited to see if he would say anything to me about it. I think I could have forgiven him if he had come up and said, "I'm so sorry, in a panic I grabbed this bowl off your counter and used it to catch the pipe grease. So I wanted to let you know it needs to be cleaned before it is used again." He didn't. Nothing like that happened. Instead, he re-assembled the now feculent salad spinner-- put the basket back in it and the lid back on-- and put it back where he found it originally, on the other side of the sink on the kitchen counter. Even setting it in the sink, a pretty universal sign of a dirty dish, would have been preferable to what he did. The clear outer bowl was now cloudy with grime and grit, flecked with large black greasy specks. It was vile. What if it had been a clean soup pot on the counter and I didn't see the gross on the metal? What if I hadn't been home to take notice, completely oblivious that I should be scrutinizing my cookware? Just take a moment to imagine the kind of bacteria that lives in the trap of your kitchen sink, and ask yourself if you want that black greasy slime poured into something you prepare food in. I spent the first hour of the next day disinfecting and wiping down my kitchen. Of course I was thoroughly paranoid after he used one of my cooking utensils as a sludge bucket! I also washed the salad spinner three times, with an added disinfect cycle. It is still brown and greasy on the bottom. Hot water and soap goes down the sink all the time and that stuff persists in the pipes, so I am not surprised that the dishwasher seems impotent against that sludge. I had to buy a replacement salad spinner. I've called the owner of the company-- Mark-- three times, left my name and number with his receptionist, with his answering service, and on his cell voicemail. I made it clear each time (and cheerfully, I might add! I am not the type to make a fuss and enter into confrontation over any little thing) that I had a complaint about a service I had received, and wanted to discuss it with him. I intended to make him aware of this grievous error and bill him for the replacement salad spinner (a measly $30, I'm obviously not trying to rip the guy off, I just want wrongs righted). He hasn't gotten in contact, and I am writing this a good two weeks after the incident, to make sure it wasn't just a matter of being back-burnered. Good customer service means attending to customers when they have complaints. No, it isn't fun, and yes, we're all busy. But it is a surefire way to avoid reviews like this one and assure continued business. Needless to say, we'll not be using their services ever again.

Description of Work
A plumber from Mark's Reddi Rooter came out and attended to a backed up kitchen sink. This included the disassembly of the drain pipes underneath the sink and a roto-rooter type tool used to snake the pipes back into the walls.