Majestic Wood Floors Inc

Founded 2003 • With Angi since September 2007

4.2

Alexandria Ln

Madison, WI 53718

Majestic Wood Floors is dedicated to providing every customer with flooring that enhances their homes and businesses with attention to detail, quality products, and excellent customer service. Our contractors possess more than 30 years of experience in the industry, so you can count on us to

09/30/2020

James H.

Our experience with Josh and Majestic Wood Floors was overwhelmingly positive. Josh was the first to respond to our request, he came over within a day and submitted his bid that same day. His price was fair, and he and his brother Nick did excellent work — right on time. Their work as neat — they cleaned up at the end of each day and kept us informed of their progress. We couldn’t be happier with our refinished floors. They even recommended the best color stain to go with our rooms, and it looks beautiful. They worked hard every day, and their approach to the job was bothyb

Description of Work
Complete refinishing of maple floors throughout our home.

07/23/2020

Aneesh A.

From quote to the completion of the job, they did an amazing job. Josh was always available for answering queries and clarifying queries. Sergio was the guy who did the work. Throughout the work, he was laser-focused, giving attention to every detail. He approached the wood floor like a piece of art. Excellent craftsmanship. I am beyond satisfied with the final outcome. I wish I had more $ and more floor to fix just to witness the transformation.

Description of Work
Wooden floor refinishing

10/14/2019

Nancy C.

The worker was knowledgeable and efficient, the floors are very old, and they are now beautiful. The work was completed on time!

Description of Work
N/A

10/14/2019

Charles C.

They were absolutely fantastic! I recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
N/A

06/25/2018

Michael B.

Work was sloppy and much of it had to be redone. Overall poor craftsmanship, would not hire again.

Description of Work
Hard wood flooring installation

07/11/2017

Cathy H.

Not well. Several things were done incorrectly. The wood dust from sanding was EVERYWHERE in our home. Apparently nothing was done to prevent that. The person that was sent to do this job was uneducated on how to perform step removal and replacement, as the side wood was completely damaged/heavy scratches from incorrect replacement. I even know steps should be pulled out straight, not at the sides where it causes damage to the wall side wood trim. I do have photos of the damage. In addition, even a basically educated wood worker, knows to use only one type of corner joint. Ours have different types of corner joints, where one joint would have worked for all corners. The woodwork on the center landing of the stair case was another extremely poor job. The baseboard on one side is noticeably shorter than the adjoining side. The worker also took out about a 6 x 4 or 5 inch piece of wall, replaced it with a PURPLE piece of drywall. Our walls are plain ivory....and left it that way. That is not the job we paid for, to come and wreck our house. They also took advantage of the my husband, who knows nothing about woodworking or any other kind of home repair. Not the kind of business I would let anywhere near any home. I do have photos of the damage. Continued 7-11-17 In addition, I did call the owner and he was willing to send someone. Due to a legal issue with an accepted offer on our home, it would not have been correct to have this fixed. I would not have this business "fix" it though, I would have hired a much better and experienced company. I do have several more pictures, there was an issued uploading the ones on here already.

Description of Work
The kitchen/dining floor was sanded, the steps replaced between the lower and upper level, baseboard on the lower level of our home.

09/24/2016

ANGELA W.

Ok. Floors are better then the gypcrete, but they are flawed and it looks as though the glue was washed on the floor. Overall dissatisfied that the floor finish is uneven. Had Molly maids come and do a hand wash and still look bad

Description of Work
Leveling of gypcrete floors and installation of luxury vinyl tile approximately 750 sq ft

07/29/2016

Donna M.

Terrible. Do not use Majestic Wood Flooring. They strung us along for two days and then did not get the work done in the promised time period.

Description of Work
We contacted Majestic Wood Floors to refinish the wood floors in our dining room, kitchen, sitting room and entryway. The estimate we received was competitive and they SAID they were able to accommodate our desired timeline for the work to be done. That did not happen. With our home in disarray, our kitchen appliances unplugged and moved to a carpeted area, furniture moved etc. we waited for Josh and his crew to arrive. We were told they would show at 8am. They did not show up. No show, no call. We attempted to contact him and finally at nearly 11am, 3 hours after their confirmed time to start work, I received a text that they would not be there that day but would show up the next day at 8am. Day 2: 8am, again no show, no call. My husband took time off work for nothing. No response to our calls and texts until 2:30 pm (6.5 hours after their committed start time) when he tells me via text that they cannot complete the service in the time period they had committed to us. We went two days without a refrigerator, stove etc and then he tells us they are "down a guy" and can't do it. Do not use Majestic flooring. There is no excuse for not communicating in a timely manner with your customers. We definitely felt he made promises that he knew he could not fullfill to get our business and strung us along. Terrible customer service. Don't be lured in by their competitive estimates. Spend a little more to get quality service from a trustworthy and reputable company.

02/07/2016

Robert C.

All went well until they finished the project. After they had completed the project, we found a number of nail head spaced on the floor that had been scalped and when we asked about filling in the gaps, they explained they would be back to address our concerns. Unfortunately, all went dark.

Description of Work
Refinished our wooden floors.

10/15/2014

HOWARD E.

I had used MWF maybe five years ago for a complete refinishing of our floors, and they did a great job. Now it was time for a touchup, including filling and camouflage of a couple of very noticeable gashes . The Angle's List big deal was just the ticket. They worked within our schedule, and were very clean and efficient. The gashes are gone, unless you look up close -- a 98% improvement, which is all you can ask for in a situation like this.

Description of Work
Buff and recoat kitchen floor, repair some gashes.

08/28/2014

Robin H.

They’re wonderful and great to work with. All the people I had contact with were great. I had them do work in my son's room for about 4 hours and I'll be having them back for some additional work. I had to leave and I felt confident leaving.

Description of Work
I bought a big deal for $99 for $400 worth of flooring and installation.

08/06/2014

Jeff N.

He was very nice and friendly, when it comes down to it he was way too expensive.

Description of Work
$99 for 250 Square Feet of Hardwood Floor Refinishing

08/01/2014

Chad G.

The project started off being pushed back a week due to Majestic Flooring advising they were delayed on another job. Worked out well with us at the time, so we rescheduled for them to start days later. Our quoted 2 day project turned into 4 days. Majestic didn't coordinate the job well at all once it started & even pulled a "no show" one afternoon when they told us they were to return. Left a message for the owner, Josh who decided to turn his phone off that. We were told by the crew they were out of town on other jobs, and could not get to us after all. Days later still no call back or apology from Josh, the owner who was left a message to call us back about some concerns. Very disappointed in the communication level at the end & how the owner fell short. Would have appreciated him to be upfront with us about any further delays vs. being left in the basement waiting in fumes with a stressed out pet. Putting people out for additional meals because their kitchen is in their living room, and having to miss additional work days with no notice is just not considerate, and no way to run a business. No excuses. On a positive note the finished floors look beautiful! The crew that performed the work were very nice & professional.

Description of Work
Sanded & finished kitchen oak flooring

07/13/2014

Lois M.

In reviewing the big deal description, it appeared that $99 would cover cost of refinishing up to 250 sq. ft. flooring. When estimator arrived, he explained the $99 was a "gift card" toward whole deal. Estimate was $525. I tried hard to budget and utilize the offer, but it just wasn't possible to pay the difference now. (It's tax time!) Only contact I had personally was with estimator, who was polite, and said other people had also misunderstood the big deal. My contacts via e-mail with Mr. Plaszynski were courteous and satisfactory.

06/13/2014

Kim N.

Purchased a coupon on Angie's list for floor refinishing. First contact his voice mailbox was full so I had to contact him via Angie's list email. He came out an gave us a quote for some work. Since then he hasn't been returning phone calls.

Description of Work
Nothing

06/04/2014

Sue M.

I set up the appointment and they never showed up. I took off work for them to come out. The staff did not seem too professional over the phone.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for 250 Square Feet of Hardwood Floor Refinishing.

04/30/2014

Sarah B.

The contractor never showed up, did not call to say he would be late or unable to come, did not respond to my calls. I don't suppose I will see the money without considerable hassle. I have since contacted the contractor twice, once via the messaging on Angie's List and once one the phone. He promised to send a refund when I spoke to him but I have not seen it.

Description of Work
I purchased a coupon for floor refinishing as a "Big Deal" and set up a date for the company to stop by to give me an estimate of the total job

04/29/2013

DAVID E.

They did a good job. They sanded the floor then put a natural finish on it. A few days after I got the job done I walked on it in bare feet. The floor felt a little rough. I called the company to see if this was an issue. They said it could have been from a change of humidity in the house.

Description of Work
Refinished flooring.

11/05/2012

Brian D.

Things went well, and I'm very happy with the results. Josh did a great job start to finish. The only minor setbacks were the loss of a couple of work days due to personal problems by one of his crew. Also, I wouldn't have minded a few additional phone calls and/or emails to let me know each day's schedule of events. But the finished product is wonderful, and there were no bad surprises. His estimate beat all others, and the floor looks like a wooden skating rink. Just what I'd hoped for.

Description of Work
Installation of a hardwood floor in the living room and adjoining hallway. I pulled out the old carpet, pad, tack strips and staples. Josh and his crew installed 3/4 inch Brazilian Cherry hardwood. Additionally I had a small amount of porcelain tile installed by the front door and as a fireplace hearth.

10/29/2012

Russell W.

The finished job is excellent.

Description of Work
I had a single room hardwood floor installation. I had already purchased the hardwood and underlay and was looking for installers to do the job. I had several installers come to my home and provide an estimate. The guys at Majestic did a really great job. The came and cleaned and prepared the room for the install and then laid out the timber on the first day and then returned the next day to nail and complete the job. We are very happy with their work and we would gladly recommend them to folks. Cheers and thanks to Majestic Wood Floors.

01/17/2011

Wayne P.

I thought they were very good and they did just fine. They did good work, they were punctual, they cleaned up well, and the price was good.

Description of Work
Majestic Wood Floors refinished some floors for me.

09/02/2010

Andrew S.

Called & made an appointment for an estimate. He did not make the agreed upon time & rescheduled. Did measuring & said he would send a quote. Never did submit a quote or call back. Poor customer service.

Description of Work
Did not make scheduled appointment.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

I have no idea who this person is. I have no record of his name in my system. Could they possibly have the wrong person?

08/14/2010

Louis W.

Josh provided a very competitive estimate and peformed the work exactly as he stated during the estimate. This was a large resanding/refinishing job of a 8 year old maple hardwood floor. We also had Josh install a new maple hardwood floor into the living room which required the new floor to be integrated with the existing flooring. No one can tell the difference between the new flooring and the refinished flooring. Both floors look great. The overall job for both floors took about 5 days. We would use Josh again if needed.

Description of Work
1st floor maple hardwood floor installation to a living room and resanding/refinishing of the existing maple hardwood flooring on the first floor

05/17/2010

Craig S.

Josh did a fantastic job and was very timely. He did what he said he would do at a price that was great. The quality of the work was exceptional and I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Installed and finished 1,100 SF of hickory wood flooring.

06/10/2009

janet S.

I'm very happy with the results- I only wish I'd had it done sooner! Josh was able to begin the project pretty quickly after the estimate. On the first day he and an assistant showed up at the prearranged 7 a.m. time, and began sanding the floors. Later that day they put in the wood stain. I had two choices of stain; light, or medium/dark and a couple of choices for the finish (dull/shiny and less/more durable). The next day they returned to put down the finish. Throughout the project Josh kept me apprised of the progress and of anything I needed to do. An example... they used cloth rags in the staining process, and left those drying in the back yard overnight- I was told not to put them immediately into the trash because of the flammable substance. When the project was completed all that was left two neat medium sized bags of trash on the curb. One complaint - Josh did forget our first appointment. I was a bit concerned this would happen since other reviews claimed a similar issue. I called him after waiting about 20 minutes and he was apologetic and came over right away, and very quickly provided an estimate. My floors now look fantastic! My friends have been very complimentary, and one remarked that they looked like brand new floors, which is true. I had no idea I has such a treasure hiding underneath the dark, scratched up, stained floors!

Description of Work
The floors were sanded, stained, and polished in 3 rooms and one hallway. He also put in a wood "shoe" around the edges of the rooms.