Let Mikey Do It

Founded 2000 • With Angi since July 2009

5114 Butterfield Dr

Madison, WI 53704

"Let Mikey Do It" is your one-stop solution for all your homes air sealing/insulation needs, as well as all types of remodeling projects. We specialize in installing residential insulation & air sealing work. We also provide ventilation fan installation in bathrooms & kitchens, along with many other energy saving improvements. We are partnered with the Focus on Energy program, using a whole house approach. As a fully insured company, we provide services for a wide range of projects that are a little too much trouble to do on your own. We make it easy to modernize the kitchen or restore siding. From remodeling & carpentry to siding, roofing, flooring, bathrooms, decks & more, we do it all. Don’t mess with the hassle of falling ladders & missing tools – Let Mikey Do It!...

09/21/2020

grandma B.

It took several weeks of postponement to have 'handyman' show up. Contract price was $350 to install. The young man who showed up was pleasant enough. However, one door either did not latch or took your heels off--no in between. The other had no weatherstripping/sweep on the bottom and raw wood on the bottom was left exposed. No resolution to this problem after several emails to find the stripping that came with the door. We later learned the closer arm on the first door was not installed correctly, and the door manufacturer would send us replacement stripping. He wanted $300 for the shoddy work done which I paid because I had signed a contract earlier. I recently hired another handyman to finish Mikey's poor work

Description of Work
replace two storm doors

Category contractors, handyman service, doors

08/18/2020

Lesley A.

Great, Mike did a perfect job for his services, would hire him again! Lesley Alcorn

Description of Work
weather stripping/installing bed frame

Category contractors, handyman service

04/24/2020

Morgan M.

Excellent: prompt, efficient, knowledgeable and professional repairs and service.

Description of Work
Door adjustment, bifold closet doors realigned, pet house assembly, woodpecker holes filled and stained, cedar trim replaced and stained, deck holes filled in, shower floor caulk removed and replaced.

Category contractors, doors

09/01/2019

Lynn S.

Just moved in and had several projects that needed attention. It was a little hard to get anyone to respond to my attempts to hire, but I persisted. Garrett took care of everything we needed help with and worked quickly and efficiently. I would recommend and will hire again when I need a custom cabinet built for my bar.

Description of Work
Bath tub holes patched, TVs mounted on wall, flashing installed on roof, cabinet door rehung, faucet pipe moved

07/25/2019

Justin S.

I ordered quite a few pieces of furniture (Dining Table, TV Stand, Dresser, End Table, Desk, and Bed Frame) online and found out quite quickly that I do not have the patience to put these together, so I put out some quote requests to a few different places. Mikey was the first to respond and was very upfront of the costs. He was extremely professional and punctual. I had absolutely no issues and was able to go about my day as he was working. Not all my pieces came in when he was here and will be hiring him again for the last couple of pieces! EXTREMELY RECOMMENDED!

Description of Work
Furniture Assembly

07/12/2019

diane J.

Excellent. Michael was PROMPT, PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONABLE. He completed the job perfectly ,in a timely manner with no mess. I would highly recommend (and will hire again).

Description of Work
bi-fold door repair

Category handyman service, doors

05/06/2019

Jennifer L.

Handymen arrived one hour late. This wasn’t necessarily their fault because they were told by their boss to go to the same address in a different town. It would’ve been nice to receive a call though. I had four minor repair projects for them to them to complete. They were able to fix the lock on my sliding glass door without problem. They opted to cut the bottom of my fence gate to help it swing better, which was done very poorly and crookedly. I will now have to replace the entire fence gate. They also attempted to fix the blinds in a bedroom, but they are now entirely broken instead. after working for about 20 minutes they were ready to leave. They did indicate that I would be billed for a full hour and they could complete other projects for me if I had any. I appreciated their honesty. Overall,I would not recommend this company.

Description of Work
General around the house repairs

01/06/2019

JoAnn N.

Work was done in a professional and courteous manner. Arrived on time and did a good job of clean-up. The job took approximately 4 hours.

Description of Work
Had bathroom fan installed with timer. Used 6" insulated venting through attic to the outside. Repair of small area of ceiling above bathtub where ceiling paint had begun to peel.

Category handyman service, ceiling fans

11/02/2018

diane J.

An overall fantastic experience. Mikey immediately responded to my inquiry, was able to schedule an appointment the next day and work our small project into his schedule the same day, He completed the project in a timely manner and thoroughly cleaned up when he was done. He was professional and personable. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
assemble a computer table

10/16/2018

Renee H.

Mike was nice guy -- came over for an estimate of work I needed done around my home. Gave me reasonable estimates. Working from home, I'm very flexible with my time so he said he had time on Oct. 2 or 3 and I said "anytime." He never showed up. I emailed and he apologized and asked if I had time the following week. I said "yes - anytime." He never responded again or showed up.

Description of Work
Minor household repairs

06/21/2018

April W.

I called the first time and got him, he said he was busy, call back & leave my number on the voice mail and he would return it. I did this, no return call. Called two other times, never received a reply.

Description of Work
repair of deck

Category contractors, decks, handyman service

06/13/2018

Mario G.

On the recommendation of the energy inspector, I was redoing the wall between my garage and house. So I needed it to be air sealed and insulated, and then drywalled. In addition I had them insulate above my garage, to try to help out with heat loss in the winter given that heat wouldn't be leaking into the garage from the house anymore. As usual they did a great job. There were a few days where they had to show up late, but they kept me informed about when they would arrive. They were friendly and kept me informed about what they were doing. I was very happy with the work and have no complaints. I will definitely hire them again for any future insulation / air sealing projects!

Description of Work
Air sealing a wall cavity, adding insulation and drywall, plus insulating above a garage.

Category drywall, insulation

05/30/2018

Jane F.

Excelllent....prompt, professional,thorough.

Description of Work
Bathroom ceiling fans and. Lights

Category handyman service, lighting, ceiling fans

02/26/2018

Shannon K.

My husband called numerous times and scheduled appointments with him three times. He no showed each time and never called to reschedule.

Description of Work
Small jobs for the house.

02/11/2018

Karen S.

He found a third outlet that was causing my problem right away and replaced it quickly. Then he did a nice job of caulking the windows. He cleaned up nicely after each project. You do need to use his cell phone to confirm appointment time, so get it when you talk to him.

Description of Work
I had two kitchen outlets that were inoperable and needed two windows caulked.

Category electrician, handyman service

01/03/2018

Tom S.

Mike and his team did an excellent job in all aspects of the project. They sealed the attic and replaced the insulation in adverse (i.e. very cold) weather conditions, as well as coordinating the installation of the ventilation system and bathroom fan with the HVAC people and the electrician. They finished all work on schedule and did a very good job of cleaning up after completion. Finally, they were all very professional and helpful in explaining what they did and how to operate the new system and fan. We would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Removal of existing attic insulation, air sealing of attic, blowing in new insulation, insulating basement box sills, install a ventilation system, and installing a bathroom fan.

Category insulation

12/19/2017

Trish O.

The crew was friendly and professional. They did a thorough and expert job in matching the paint as well as replacing some rotted boards on the deck. I was very happy with the work that they did so had them do some work at a duplex that we own. I'm planning on having them fix our "new" deck in our new home next spring. It's hard to find professional handymen but this company fills the bill!!

Description of Work
We were selling our house and needed our deck repaired and painted as well as some interior painting which required matching paint in the kitchen.

09/13/2017

David O.

,.bnfxdjlkbvh.xgmnjlch.dfmlkxc .vmdff

Description of Work
d.jlghlktjgldsjfhl;slgdf

Category handyman service, replacement windows

08/25/2017

Judy B.

They were proactive checking to see if I needed anything more done as they looked through the house. They presented me with options on how to do things and asked me many questions to make sure that I got what I wanted. I bought a kit to reinforce my front door but Justin saw how secure it was already and that saved me a lot of money in labor and $20. for the kit. They were eager to make sure that I was happy with their work. A great team.

Description of Work
Mikey's crew Justin and Kody did a variety of jobs for me from insulation on the perimeter of my house to rebuilding a closet for me.

Category contractors, handyman service, insulation, lighting, doors

07/20/2017

Beth W.

I wasn't very impressed. I had to ask them to help with a toilet that had been leaking that I had replaced and they were not able to help me and I had to call a plumber. I had one other thing that I wanted them to help with but they didn't do it. I did not have very good business with them I should say. I didn't feel it was worth my while. They were not able to help me. Part of it was not their problem but the other part I did not understand why they would not help me. I would not recommend them. The staff was very friendly they were just not able to help me.Part of that I understand, the other part I just don't understand why they wouldn't help me do what I needed to do. I had rubber molding for the bathroom where the toilet was the issue I wanted that installed and I thought that would be a good way to do it while the toilet wasn't there. Its very small, its a quarter bathroom. And they said they would rather do it when the toilet was in. That made no sense to me. They never called or anything. I was a little bit disappointed.

06/16/2017

Kristina S.

Why doesn't everyone just "let Mikey to do it"? Fantastic service, responsive, courteous, professional, DONE!

Description of Work
Interior painting of my apartment

Category interior painters

06/12/2017

Trish O.

While he did respond right away to my inquiry, he made 2 separate appointments and never showed for either of them!! Definitely not professional.......

Description of Work
General handyman service.

06/06/2017

MaryAnne T.

SUPER! Mikey set up a time and the process ran like clockwork. the job required electrical work, drywall in and plaster skim-coating. the gents who worked on the project were prompt, neat, quick and pleasant. Let Mikey Do It is my go-to business for the jobs around my house!

Description of Work
hang a chandelier in the bathroom

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting

06/06/2017

MaryAnne T.

super! fair quote, timely, professional, tidy, trustworthy.

Description of Work
miscellaneous home repair: carpentry, electrical, magic

06/05/2017

Kristin M.

Mikey was easy to schedule with and I trusted him and his workers. They ended up needing to run additional electrical to the 2nd floor, which added significant drywall cost. After getting a closer look at the initial roof leakage location (my house is a unique, tricky layout), it turned out I had a leak in my roof. Mikey called me and let me know this, and he was able to line up his roofing guy to give me an estimate. They came out quickly to get it fixed. There were extra costs to the project, but Mikey was fair and took on some of the overage. After completion, we noticed a couple small gaps in the drywall around the bathroom fans. Mikey had his drywall guy come back out and take care of it, which I appreciated. Overall my house is in better condition for the long haul. I would, and likely will soon, hire Mikey again.

Description of Work
While tackling our first house project (installing laminate floors) my roof started leaking. I called Mikey for an estimate on fixing my ceiling drywall. He came out the day after. Mikey identified that the root cause wasn't just an ice dam, but that my house wasn't operating as efficiently due to lack of ventilation and inadequate insulation. He set me up with the "Focus on energy" program, in which your house undergoes an efficiency assessment and you can get money back for making repairs based on the amount of efficiency you stand to gain. You do have to pay for the home assessment, but our potential savings was high enough to give us a good return. The Focus on Energy evaluation gave me a long list of updates. Both Mikey and Scott Sailor (who performed the assessment) came over after and went through each change, what was needed, and helped me prioritize. Based on initial cost and expected savings, we decided on: - Replace master bathroom fan. Bonus, the bathroom fan included a heater element, so my bathroom isn't as freezing :) - Install AprilAire ventilation system, put on a timer. - Remove and replace attic insulation - Air sealing - Dense pack two locations where cold air was being pulled in - Re-route dryer vent out to side of house instead of roof (this was separate from the efficiency updates, but a top priority for me)

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, insulation

Vanguard Roofing

Here at Vanguard Roofing, we sustain our business on quality and integrity. We are experts in Roofing installation and are certified, highly-trained, and known for top-quality work. We look forward to earning your business.

JC Premier Seal

super service award winner contractor, we provide quality work with craftsmanship, we have the highest quality of materials made locally in Wisconsin, 22 years in the business says we are local and hear to stay, protect your investment, preserve the asphalt, with a liquid layer of asphalt seal coating, this will keep your asphalt from oxidizing and turning gray caused by UV rays from the sun, this will help snow melt in the winter month, helps with smoother shoveling, keep the pores of your asphalt seal coated and this helps with debris and water staying out of the asphalt pores,sealcoat your asphalt and seal the cracks with hot rubber crack sealant , preserve your driveway or parking lot by calling us, we also have infrared heat patching available for your sinking asphalt where it meets the garage concrete, pot holes, or crumbling asphalt, call JC Premier Seal.

USA Insulation of Madison

Check, Visa, MasterCard

One-stop solution for all your homes air sealing/insulation needs, Flooring, bath fans, insulation, roofing, pressure washing, air sealing, doors, electrical work, remodeling, bathrooms, basements, decks, carpentry, plumbing, drywall, painting, tile work.

Gutter's and Gutter Cleaning