Let Mikey Do It

Founded 2000 • With Angi since July 2009

5114 Butterfield Dr

Madison, WI 53704

"Let Mikey Do It" is your one-stop solution for all your homes air sealing/insulation needs, as well as all types of remodeling projects. We specialize in installing residential insulation & air sealing work. We also provide ventilation fan installation in bathrooms & kitchens, along with many other energy saving improvements. We are partnered with the Focus on Energy program, using a whole house approach. As a fully insured company, we provide services for a wide range of projects that are a little too much trouble to do on your own. We make it easy to modernize the kitchen or restore siding. From remodeling & carpentry to siding, roofing, flooring, bathrooms, decks & more, we do it all. Don’t mess with the hassle of falling ladders & missing tools – Let Mikey Do It!...

09/21/2020

grandma B.

It took several weeks of postponement to have 'handyman' show up. Contract price was $350 to install. The young man who showed up was pleasant enough. However, one door either did not latch or took your heels off--no in between. The other had no weatherstripping/sweep on the bottom and raw wood on the bottom was left exposed. No resolution to this problem after several emails to find the stripping that came with the door. We later learned the closer arm on the first door was not installed correctly, and the door manufacturer would send us replacement stripping. He wanted $300 for the shoddy work done which I paid because I had signed a contract earlier. I recently hired another handyman to finish Mikey's poor work

Description of Work
replace two storm doors

Category contractors,handyman service,doors

08/18/2020

Lesley A.

Great, Mike did a perfect job for his services, would hire him again! Lesley Alcorn

Description of Work
weather stripping/installing bed frame

Category contractors,handyman service

04/24/2020

Morgan M.

Excellent: prompt, efficient, knowledgeable and professional repairs and service.

Description of Work
Door adjustment, bifold closet doors realigned, pet house assembly, woodpecker holes filled and stained, cedar trim replaced and stained, deck holes filled in, shower floor caulk removed and replaced.

Category contractors,doors

09/01/2019

Lynn S.

Just moved in and had several projects that needed attention. It was a little hard to get anyone to respond to my attempts to hire, but I persisted. Garrett took care of everything we needed help with and worked quickly and efficiently. I would recommend and will hire again when I need a custom cabinet built for my bar.

Description of Work
Bath tub holes patched, TVs mounted on wall, flashing installed on roof, cabinet door rehung, faucet pipe moved

07/25/2019

Justin S.

I ordered quite a few pieces of furniture (Dining Table, TV Stand, Dresser, End Table, Desk, and Bed Frame) online and found out quite quickly that I do not have the patience to put these together, so I put out some quote requests to a few different places. Mikey was the first to respond and was very upfront of the costs. He was extremely professional and punctual. I had absolutely no issues and was able to go about my day as he was working. Not all my pieces came in when he was here and will be hiring him again for the last couple of pieces! EXTREMELY RECOMMENDED!

Description of Work
Furniture Assembly

07/12/2019

diane J.

Excellent. Michael was PROMPT, PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONABLE. He completed the job perfectly ,in a timely manner with no mess. I would highly recommend (and will hire again).

Description of Work
bi-fold door repair

Category handyman service,doors

05/06/2019

Jennifer L.

Handymen arrived one hour late. This wasn’t necessarily their fault because they were told by their boss to go to the same address in a different town. It would’ve been nice to receive a call though. I had four minor repair projects for them to them to complete. They were able to fix the lock on my sliding glass door without problem. They opted to cut the bottom of my fence gate to help it swing better, which was done very poorly and crookedly. I will now have to replace the entire fence gate. They also attempted to fix the blinds in a bedroom, but they are now entirely broken instead. after working for about 20 minutes they were ready to leave. They did indicate that I would be billed for a full hour and they could complete other projects for me if I had any. I appreciated their honesty. Overall,I would not recommend this company.

Description of Work
General around the house repairs

01/06/2019

JoAnn N.

Work was done in a professional and courteous manner. Arrived on time and did a good job of clean-up. The job took approximately 4 hours.

Description of Work
Had bathroom fan installed with timer. Used 6" insulated venting through attic to the outside. Repair of small area of ceiling above bathtub where ceiling paint had begun to peel.

Category handyman service,ceiling fans

11/02/2018

diane J.

An overall fantastic experience. Mikey immediately responded to my inquiry, was able to schedule an appointment the next day and work our small project into his schedule the same day, He completed the project in a timely manner and thoroughly cleaned up when he was done. He was professional and personable. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
assemble a computer table

10/16/2018

Renee H.

Mike was nice guy -- came over for an estimate of work I needed done around my home. Gave me reasonable estimates. Working from home, I'm very flexible with my time so he said he had time on Oct. 2 or 3 and I said "anytime." He never showed up. I emailed and he apologized and asked if I had time the following week. I said "yes - anytime." He never responded again or showed up.

Description of Work
Minor household repairs

Clearview Sunrooms & Windows

Locally owned and operated home improvement company by Ben Kripps. ClearView's showroom is located in Madison. Showroom is open for browsing during normal business hours. Pricing is done by showroom or home appointments only at anytime with Ben Kripps.

New Vision Painting

Specializing in exterior and interior painting! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

PETERS PAINTING CONTRACTORS

Since our founding in 1977, we have tried to make our company the most quality oriented, reliable, and innovative painting, staining, and restoration organization in the Madison area. Over the years, we have tried to incorporate excellent craftsmanship with a progressive approach to painting and restoration. Recognizing the need for a more intelligent, professional approach to residential and commercial painting, we set several guidelines in which to actualize the goal. They include: quality, value, and integrity. These guidelines have become the cornerstone of our operation and have allowed us to become a leader in our field.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

One-stop solution for all your homes air sealing/insulation needs, Flooring, bath fans, insulation, roofing, pressure washing, air sealing, doors, electrical work, remodeling, bathrooms, basements, decks, carpentry, plumbing, drywall, painting, tile work.

Gutter's and Gutter Cleaning