HILLESTAD HEATING AND COOLING SYSTEMS

Founded 1988 • With Angi since January 2009

809A Stewart St

Madison, WI 53713

ADDITIONAL ADDRESS - PO BOX 273, LODI, WI 53555. ADDITIONAL CONTACT - TERRY HILLESTAD. ADDITIONAL PHONE #S: (608) 253-4101, (608) 643-8788 & (608) 742-7771.

11/16/2020

Rich C.

The proposal provided (by Jeff) clearly outlined the work which would be done and listed all of the costs. The installation team (Scott & Ken) was professional and demonstrated outstanding craftsmanship as they had a challenging location to work within. The workers were prompt and focused on the tasks completing them well within their time estimate. We highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replaced a residential boiler.

12/27/2017

Sandra R.

Hillestad was great. Wonderful customer service. We are very pleased with our new furnace.

Description of Work
Replace and install furnace

10/09/2017

brian N.

Excellent. Highly professional work and service. These guys are experts and it shows. We feel confident and safe knowing that our heaters were installed by the people of this company. We absolutely recommend them to everyone.

Description of Work
Installed two boiler heaters in our duplex.

09/16/2017

Sabine D.

We've been using them for 25 years. They come by annually and we have purchased two units from them in the past. Their quality is excellent. I have not compared prices. We are very satisfied customers of 25 years.

Description of Work
They did a tune up.

05/24/2017

Mary M.

Great ! Dan and his crew exceeded my expectations.

Description of Work
Install central air conditioning

11/07/2016

Susan B.

Excellent. Very professional, courteous and finished the job faster than I thought. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replace furnace.

10/17/2015

Rachel H.

Excellent! I have a working furnace, and while we were initially worried that it might have finally died, we landed on an assessment that it's actually in surprisingly good shape.

Description of Work
Troubleshooting on my furnace, which wasn't heating the house. Found the issue part and replaced it. Then, offered to open everything up and do an inspection to estimate how much longer my ancient furnace would last.

05/04/2015

Darlene Y.

I've just been satisfied overall. When I call, they are able to get me in fairly quickly. They're professional. They come and do their job. It's fine.

Description of Work
I have them once a year to check my furnace.

04/14/2015

Gail C.

Called Hillested for an estimate on replacing our old, inefficient AC. Jeff M. came to see us the same day. As it turns out, our tiny house had an AC to large for the square footage. Jeff recommended the right sized unit to fit our budget and worked with our schedule when planning the installation. Tom and Scott arrived on time and ready to work. They took care to use ground cloths throughout house. They asked our input for issues that came up and completed the installation within four hours. They even removed the old concrete slab and installed a quality level base made of durable nylon. AC units come in many sizes. As far as AC units go, it's critical to have people who understand the product they work with and how to install it properly. We have confidence in Hillested's installation. They stand by their work.

Description of Work
Replaced existing Central AC with new Bryant 116B

01/28/2015

Brian A.

They seem really good and I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Hillestad Heating. They maintained some of the furnaces.

06/26/2014

Michael C.

Hard to say much, because everything went so smoothly. The biggest reason we chose Hillestad is because they were able to do both the furnace and the water heater. I liked the idea of dealing with just a single company (as opposed to an HVAC company plus a plumbing outfit), and a single install session. I would have been happy with just the agreed-upon job well-done, but this was a nice extra touch: While the guys were getting to work, Jerry noticed that one of our ducts dipped down well below the basement ceiling, right along a walking path. That duct has always been very annoying, but I figured that it was like that because it had to be. But Jerry said that they could alter it, to get it out of the way. I agreed, and he went out to purchase the necessary materials. That duct is now wonderfully out of the way. I of course said that I would be happy to pay whatever was fair for the extra parts and labor, but Jerry declined to add anything to the quoted price for it.

Description of Work
Replaced old furnace and water heater with a high-efficiency furnace and power-vented water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

06/19/2014

Judith K.

The serviceman arrived on time. He completed his work in a professional manner. He answered questions we had about the furnace and air conditioner. He thoroughly checked and, where necessary, cleaned the furnace.

Description of Work
The serviceman checked the furnace and air conditioner for routine maintenance to be sure they were performing properly. He cleaned a hose for the humidifier and replaced a pressure tube. He replaced some damaged insulation on outside air conditioner tubing.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

06/15/2014

Sarah J.

Nick is an awesome guy to call and get info and his team were prompt, on time, and so helpful. I compared to 2 other companies and made the right decision. Just had one year check up and my system is awesome. I had emergency last May in that it was already quite warm, 20 year old system died. I had a complete install within one week of scheduling. Clean workers, took care coming in home and had me up and running within couple days.

Description of Work
Installed complete central air/heating furnace.

06/10/2014

Gretchen H.

Excellent. Prompt. Did what they said they would. Tidy. Didn't try to sell me a new furnace, they advised to just replace the broken air conditioner and added the humidifier as I requested. They also provide annual/bi annual maintenance on the furnace and respond for any emergency repairs.

Description of Work
Installed new air conditioner and humidifier on existing gas furnace.

06/03/2014

Laura M.

We had a great experience with Hillestad. Jeff returned my call within a half an hour and within a day we had a bid. He had a good idea of what we wanted--a basic system with vents in each of the four upstairs units and two vents downstairs. They started promptly and their team of four had our the attic unit, ducts and outside condenser done within two days. Works like a charm! Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Installed central air in our 1923 house.

05/29/2014

Kathleen D.

Not only did Hillestad replace the furnace (quick), they waived my repair fee from the original. Now That Is Customer Service!

Description of Work
My 22 year old furnace started going on the blink during the crummy winter we had. I had Hillestad come out and the repairman had me remove the filter because the fan was just too weak to handle the energy efficient filter (I could blow through it). I had enough. I got an estimate for replacement.

05/08/2014

Art W.

Excellent job! Replaced the low water cutoff under warranty

Description of Work
Gas Boiler repair

02/20/2014

Torrance K.

Fabulous! They were very professional, very knowledgeable, didn't try to over sell and tried to get me the service and product I was looking for. They were awesome.

Description of Work
Hillestad Heating and Cooling Systems did tune up and cleaning of the furnace and they also a couple of years ago installed furnace on my house.

02/19/2014

Jean W.

I like Hillestad. Hillestad is good. They installed furnace my furnace years ago and they came out to the service call. They service my furnace every year and then I had a service call last winter where they had to replace the chlorine water. I had a problem with the heater one day and they called me back that night and tried to walk me through with some stuff and then they came out the next day and fixed it. They are just prompt and courteous. I give them "A" in everything I have used them for the last since they installed the furnace. I am very happy with them.

Description of Work
Hillestad Heating and Cooling Systems installed my furnace years ago, water chlorination system replacement and a service call where they fixed my heater.

02/16/2014

Daniel K.

As above, they were responsive and professional. It seems that in the original design of the house an output vent was close to an intake. The heat from the output vent helped generate ice that clogged the input. After clearing the input vent, the first person separated the vents with a cardboard divider, secured it in place and turned on our furnace. The workman showed me the problem, went through the furnace with me and the relevant pressure sensors. He explained the problem in detail. A day or so after another person came and put extenders on our vent system such that the problem will not recur. Nice work! I don't remember the actual cost and do not have access to my checkbook... I'm only guessing at $225.00

Description of Work
Our furnace stopped during a storm, they came out on a Sunday, diagnosed a vent problem and got the furnace going. The temporary repair was quickly followed up with a final solution and the vent system was revised.

02/11/2014

jeff J.

We had an issue with our air conditioner and they were able to come out on a Sunday. The air conditioner had quit cooling. It was a fair price for them coming out on a Sunday. They did a really good job. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Hillestad Heating and Cooling Systems fixed our air conditioner.

01/15/2014

Gina S.

Great customer service!! Installation good.

Description of Work
New furnace and AC.

01/10/2014

Josh M.

I contacted Hillestad because the boiler in my building was not working. I received a call back from the on-call repair person within 10 minutes. Jason was working on another call, but he was able to call me after about 20 minutes to say he could meet me at the building. He diagnosed the problem (Theromcouple needed replacement), cleaned the burners and checked the system in half an hour. The heat was restored within an hour of my first call. Jason was friendly and professional. Despite a hectic schedule he was cheerful and informative. The cost, approximately $240.00, comparable with my expectation and the service was excellent.

Description of Work
Emergency repair to restore heat.

01/08/2014

Mary M.

In effect, we got a same day, complimentary service call for a furnace that Hillstead installed 15 years ago. That is excellent service.

Description of Work
Our pipes were frozen, so we called Hillstead, who had intalled our boiler back in 1999. They came out the same day, adjusted the heat output on the boiler. Then they did a complete audit of the house and called back later that day to say we did not need a new boiler. The old one, with heat output raise, would work fine, if we gave it time. They were right.

01/06/2014

Sally G.

We have used Hillestad for 30 years at our home that had a steam furnace. We've always been impressed with their knowledge. This time we used them for a new forced air furnace and AC for our condo.. We spent lots of time discussing alternatives to replacing the electric hot water heater present in the condo. They do a very good job.

Description of Work
New furnace, AC, hot water heater

Seasonal Survival

$75.00 trip fee Regular or Weekend Veteran owned Family Business Senior and Veteran discount 35 years in HVAC trade.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Clark Heating & Cooling

Clark Heating & Cooling offers American standard & Bryant heating & cooling products. We could offer many other brands but we feel these two offer the best balance of features, benefits, reliability, warranty coverage and overall value. As we say, the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten. We are an American standard customer care dealer which means we go above & beyond to ensure a great experience with Clark heating. We have many times been recognized as "dealer of the year" for providing unmatched service. We've accomplished this by maintaining customer satisfaction rating of over 98%. Contact us today, we'd love to make you a satisfied customer too.

Aqua Well & Pump Systems Inc

Aqua Well & Pump Systems, Inc., is a 3rd generation; family owned & operated, well and pump service company, serving all of Southeastern Wisconsin. Our mission at Aqua is to provide our customers with a safe, reliable water supply, while safe guarding & promoting the protection of our most precious resource. To accomplish this mission, Aqua is dedicated to investing in promotion, equipment, & most of all people who share the same core values of knowledge, integrity, hard work, & honesty. Aqua provides pump & well drilling service for residential, industrial, commercial, & farm applications. services.

Visa, MasterCard, Check

FURNACES, AIR CONDITIONERS, BOILERS, HOT WATER HEATERS, IN-FLOOR HEAT, AIR PURIFIERS, & THERMOSTATS. Madison's most experienced and respected installation, maintenance and repair of air conditioning, heating and HVAC systems. We offer free estimates and emergency service. We'll be there right away! AC Repair, Heating Repair, HVAC Repair, Commercial HVAC, Air Conditioning Contractor

NA