We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

Helping Hands Electric LLC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since September 2008

6725 Seybold Rd Suite B

Madison, WI 53719

Owner-operated. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply. Service fees apply. May contact by email. Extra charge for after hours & Emergency service....

10/01/2021

Patrick M.

I scheduled an electrician from Helping Hands to come out to my house to give me a quote and hook up 5 new electrical outlets. They gave me a 2 hour window to wait for them; from 8-10AM. I take off the time from work and wait for them until 10AM rolls around with no word from them. I call their main office, only to be given the excuse that they got caught up on their first job of the day. What is the point of giving a 2 hour window if you are not even going to text or call me to let me know you're going to be late or have to reschedule? I just wasted a half day of work for nothing. Would not recommend this company as they don't seem to care about their customers time.

Description of Work
Hook up 5 electrical outlets

07/18/2018

Jackie K.

He seemed like a nice guy, but he was 45 min. late in coming out for the estimate and didn't contact me that he was late. I never received an estimate. Too bad since they had gotten a lot of good reviews

Description of Work
Replace knob and tube wiring

03/28/2018

Renee C.

Very responsive. Efficient and professional. Very reasonably priced. Explained what they had to do for my needs.

Description of Work
Burned out lights and electrical. Add outlet for freezer

08/11/2017

Michael M.

It went very well! Ader was on time, very efficient, and did high quality work. I will definitely call them again for future work!

Description of Work
Replace two outdoor electrical boxes.

05/26/2017

Suchitra K.

Ader was friendly and was very efficient.

Description of Work
Replaced an existing switch with a smart switch.

04/17/2017

Bruce G.

Okay. There were a couple unexpected screw bottoms extending from the fixture that weren't noticed initially. Not that big an issue but they should have been snipped off.

Description of Work
Replaced under-cabinet lighting fixture

03/29/2017

Michael C.

It went very well. Ader estimated 1-2 hours, but it took less than an hour. Really nice guy.

Description of Work
We just moved into a new house, and there were some double taps in the breaker box. Also, the air conditioner breaker was 50 amp though the condenser is rated at only 45.

12/27/2016

Michael D.

I had a breaker that was switching off unexpectedly in the basement after adding a new pinball machine. I called Helping Hands to see if they could come check things out. They did a very comprehensive evaluation over the phone and were able to diagnose the likely cause and gave me suggestions for mitigating the problem without doing any new electrical work. I have a lot of toys in the basement, and will likely need to hire an electrician to add some dedicated breakers in the future - Helping Hands will definitely get the call when that time comes and for any other electrical work I need.

Description of Work
Evaluation of electrical work in the basement.

12/22/2016

Vivian S.

Great ! See above description of my interaction with Helping Hands

Description of Work
I had a minor electrical issue in the kitchen and called Helping Hands since they did work for us before. When they called back Ader asked me a few questions regarding my problem and was able to diagnose and solve my problem over the phone, there by saving me a service call and fee. I have always appreciated his good work ethic and honesty. I highly recommend this company.

11/02/2016

Lisa B.

They did a great job. Good communication, responsive, punctual and reasonably priced. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
We needed multiple light fixtures installed, plus additional canned lighting.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

10/11/2016

James A.

It went very well. John, who did the work was punctual - early actually, which was fine. He was pleasant to work with, professional and did the work in half the time that it was estimated to take.

Description of Work
Replaced two ceiling fans.

09/22/2016

Donna T.

great! The owner methodically figured out the problem and let me know along the way what he was doing. I have called three different electricians he was able to come out that day did the job and I was very satisfied .

Description of Work
circuit breaker fail

09/22/2016

Loren P.

Ader did an excellent job and was a pleasure to work with. Even though I made things inconvenient for him by changing the specifications and making him wait a long time for me between the rough in and final installation, he took care of everything in a very professional manner. Ader also paid considerable attention to detail, for example by aligning pendant lighting perfectly above the island. Pricing was fair and was actually lower than a few other quotes I had received. Thanks Ader!

Description of Work
Re-wire kitchen for remodel and install fixtures

12/02/2015

Charles W.

Helping Hands Electric staff were very professional and timely with their work; professional advice related to lighting options was provided. We were very pleased with the work they did. The new lighting is a great addition to our home.

Description of Work
Installed new lighting and wiring in our home.

09/02/2015

Dee A G.

I submitted a review shortly after the service and don't know why you don't have it on record already. I don't remember how much it cost, but it wasn't free (as I typed in the box now). It was over four years ago and I don't remember all the details, just that he did what was necessary and we are pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Installed an extra electric line to an existing plug so the breaker wouldn't flip when we turned on two appliances at the same time.

05/16/2015

Kristi H.

He would have been lost without his manual

Description of Work
installed additional outlets, etc switched a pull light to a switch

04/21/2015

Melissa K.

Helping Hands Electric was very responsive. I had contacted three other electricians and did not receive a return call. Helping Hands was on time, neat, and efficient. I would HIGHLY recommend their services.

Description of Work
Installed a new line for my recently purchased stove.

04/18/2015

Grzegorz S.

Second job done for me and continuing great service, fabulous professional interaction and quite reasonable price for work conducted.

Description of Work
Replacement of main electric panel and meter box outside.

04/06/2015

Lee G.

Working with Helping Hands is a great experience. Ader and his team kept in excellent communication on the progress of the work completed throughout the process. This was a large and complicated project and the strategic planning both before and during the process was done remarkably well. Both units were occupied during the project, they did an impressive job of cleaning up after themselves daily. I developed a great working relationship with Ader and Raphael, couldn't have asked for better service and quality of work. I highly recommend this company and will continue using them in the future.

Description of Work
Remove Existing Knob & Tube and Re-wire entire downtown 2-flat. Also added several additional outlets.

Category electrician, plumbing

03/08/2015

Daniel F.

We called Ader when we were in a pinch - last minute decision to add some outlets and lighting before the drywall went into our remodeled family room. He came promptly and spent so many hours doing what turned out to be a complete re-wire. He worked into the evening on a couple of occasions so we'd be ready before the next contractors came, but he didn't charge us any extra for the inconvenience to him. He and his brother were always polite and easy to work with. He also communicated by text, which I really appreciated! We felt the work was high quality and the price was reasonable. We'd definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Re-wiring of basement family room, installation of new light fixtures, additional circuits and outlets.

Category drywall, electrician, lighting, remodeling

02/18/2015

Adam W.

Ader was very responsive with my initial contact. He even talked to me about what I wanted while grocery shopping! On the day of the appointment he called earlier in the morning to let me know that his appointment before mine had ended early and that he could come earlier if I wanted. I initially purchased the special deal for two hours of work because I thought all that we needed to do was to change the way the outlet was wired to accommodate our dishwasher, and I wanted to tack on the light fixture if he had time. Unfortunately my initial guess on the work was wrong and it ended up being a bit more complicated. While Ader was there he kept me informed of everything he was doing and made sure I was ok with it before proceeding. He was very nice to stay much longer than either of us had anticipated to get the work done. He also did a very good job of cleaning up after the work was completed. I asked for input on any red flags he might see that may need to be fixed in the future which is when he mentioned the outlets by the sink. I decided to have him take care of it while he was there. He also suggested that in the future we would need to switch to a larger electrical panel. I intend on calling Ader when we are ready to do that! Overall the work was excellent and Ader was very professional! The only issue I had was a miscommunication of sorts where he didn't relay the prices and his hourly rate before continuing with the work outside of the deal, and I didn't think to ask. The rates were not outrageous, we just didn't intend on paying that much at that time. In the end it all worked out and we are very happy with the work that was done!

Description of Work
Ader moved an outlet for our dishwasher and put it on it's own circuit. He also upgraded our outlets by the kitchen sink, and he installed a light fixture in our dining room.

Category electrician, lighting, plumbing

09/17/2014

GLENDA K F.

They were on time,worked quickly, did a great job & respectful. Hire them again? Absolutely, already have.

Description of Work
Installed several wall lights, 1ceiling fan & 1 hall light

09/05/2014

Paige J.

Ader was very polite. He listened to what we wanted to have done and had VERY good prices. The only minor complaint was that we asked for everything to be separated price-wise and the quote we received had everything lumped together. I'm sure he would have separated it if we had asked, but we had already decided to use another contractor which had similar prices.

Description of Work
Ader came out and gave us an estimate for various work we wanted to do around the house.

08/29/2014

Travis P.

Got a response a week after inquiring, responded back with no estimate (just saying that that is a service that they can do) and we have not heard anything since. No service, Horrible communication. Looking for someone else.

Description of Work
Was trying to get an estimate on how much it would cost to install a light/wiring in a basement bedroom.

08/26/2014

John O.

This contractor was by far the best of them all through rebuilding after the tragedy of a fire. We had some limits on access to the home and he respected it completely. Some of my own wiring needed to be replaced and his customer care is exceptional. I always knew when he was coming, what he was coming to do, and he danced well with plumbers, insulating crew and drywall installers and painters. I had no need to coordinate these as he did it so well. Probably the most noteworthy was his communicating with throughout the project progression. I hope his company prospers.

Description of Work
After a fire several circuits needed to be rewired. While remediating fire damage I took the opportunity to upgraded by adding more kitchen lights. Contractors suggestions on switches and placement was spot on!

Category electrician, lighting, home remodeling

Driftless Irrigation & Lighting, LLC

We are a professional lawn irrigation and landscape lighting company serving all of SW Wisconsin and Dubuque, IA. We provide quality irrigation systems to efficiently water your lawn to keep it green and thriving! We aren't just "pipe fitters" but are skilled technicians who ensure even water coverage for a uniformly watered, and green, lawn. For those in need of repairs, we are able to take on repairs of all sizes from a small line leak to the more skilled art of finding and repairing electrical problems. We service all customers from small residential to large commercial properties, and we service all areas in SW Wisconsin and Dubuque, IA that is within a 70 mile range of Dodgeville. We aim to impress, and always do a quality job! Give us a call today.

Dinsart Design

Providing sustainable remodel design solutions by sourcing items from local small businesses, and repurposing furniture to provide unique design alternatives. We have a community of local makers who are exceptional at their craft. We partner with them to build pieces designed for your home, without relying on big box stores for materials. We have a supply of finishings, and are capable of sourcing nearly any item through our ethical sourcing practices. We manage the design, space planning, and sourcing of finish materials for remodels. Approach to Design: I try to imagine that there isn’t already a playbook in place in terms of what function each piece serves. I like to look at a space to understand the need, and come up with solutions which make sense functionally, while aligning that with the aesthetic goals. Walking into a bathroom or kitchen tells me storage is needed, but what that storage solution looks like does not have limitations. My unique design solutions are often pulled from the years I lived in Europe. I was able to take home ideas I hadn't yet seen locally, and bring them to life in unexpected spaces.

BJ Electric

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an free estimate today!

WISCONSIN
    Department of commerce
    06/30/2023
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check

Residential and commercial electrical.

N/A