Geek World

Office Equipment Repair

PO Box 259836

Madison, WI 53725

www.geek-world.com

Geek World is a small locally owned onsite computer service of four staff, we don't wear ties, we don't advertise, but we do provide honest, understandable answers for our clients. We work mostly in the Madison area, but now have the ability to do remote work anywhere we're needed. Call 251-5933 for more info....

computer repair (58)

09/01/2020

Henry S.

The Geek came to my office, took the computer to the waiting room and fixed the problem, including working things out with AT&T, my provider, as they typically screwed up. He also updated and cleaned up my system. I'm a regular customer and Geek-World is the best place to get things fix, adjusted, updated and so forth. They have also transferred my data and apps when I've gone to a new computer in 2016. Great price (per hour) and great service. Thank you Geek-World.

Description of Work
Outlook repeatedly demanded my password interfering with my using the computer

Work Completed On 09/12/2018

11/10/2019

Sandra G.

Excellent. Chris quickly set to work on my new and old equipment involving Apple computers, Epson printers and TV steaming. Everything is now working beautifully. In fact I don’t know if it was Chris or the latest printer update, but my primary printer (that is over 10 years old) has never printed so fast. I think it was Chris. Finally my equipment was configured to work at their maximum ability.

Description of Work
New WiFi setup, 2 older printers reconfigured a Fire stick and Fire Cube connected.

Work Completed On 11/10/2019

08/30/2017

Colleen S.

Exceptional work. Stacy was wonderful!! She asked a few questions regarding the account and went to work. She explained everything she was doing, and in terms I could understand, and voila within minutes she had resolved the problem. Geek World will now be my go to for any problems I incur.

Description of Work
Email access had been blocked..message said server password had been changed wasn't changed by me...frustrating and maddening.

Work Completed On 08/30/2017

06/28/2017

Curtis C.

Found out because of its age it wasn't worth fixing. Very prompt service.

Description of Work
Old computer would not start up.

Work Completed On 06/15/2017

06/06/2017

Tim B.

Quick and easy! Very professional. Didn't try and upsell and was very good at making the visit quick and complete.

Description of Work
Clean up computer

Work Completed On 05/09/2017

05/17/2017

Frank H.

Went very well. This is about our 4th year that we had Geek World come and clean up and check out our computers. It is well worth the money.

Description of Work
Clean up our two computer. Updated virus protection. Replaced one hard drive

Work Completed On 12/01/2016

04/12/2017

mark K.

GOOD VERY TIMELY CAME TO HOUSE TO REPAIR

Description of Work
WIDNOWS 10 UPDATES WERE GETTING HELD UP

Work Completed On 03/15/2017

02/17/2017

Amy W.

I had the opportunity to work with Miles and Chris (individually). They both were awesome. Practical, honest and smart. And they were more than fair (actually better than fair!) on their price. I would highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
Laptop repair

Work Completed On 02/17/2017

01/16/2017

Linda M.

Wonderful. I will hire them again in a heart beat!!

Description of Work
Miles was great, so very helpful with my IMac issues.

Work Completed On 11/17/2016

11/21/2016

Robert N.

Great! It turned out that the first fan that was sent to Chris was not the correct one. It worked for only a very short time before producing the same problems as before. Chris took it back, got the correct fan, and replaced it for no charge, even though physically getting to the fan necessitated removing a great deal of the laptop's inner components. It now works great again. Chris followed up to ensure everything was working correctly. Obviously, I would have rather not had to do this, but I would certainly use him again should another problem come up. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
The fan on my laptop needed to be replaced.

Work Completed On 11/18/2016

07/22/2016

Karen K.

Great! He's knowledgeable and listens to what functionality I expected from the PC. He even took a follow-up call the next day!

Description of Work
Chris set up a new PC - involved getting software loaded, everything transferred from the old PC, and the usual tweeks to get the system as similar as the one I had.

Work Completed On 07/07/2017

07/07/2016

Carol W.

I called on a Saturday, when I knew there would not be anyone available, and I left a message. My laptop was not responding. To my surprise, Chris called me back and suggested a fix to try. He also asked me to call back on the next work day, and report the results. The fix worked! and the cost was zero.

Description of Work
I was able to fix the problem for nothing, after performing the suggested task.

Work Completed On 07/02/2016

04/24/2016

David D.

Chris was very good at supplying the technical services required but also went well beyond that in providing quality service to a relative computer neophyte. Really a good guy who made the experience enjoyable. Typically the term computer repairs is NOT synonymous with "fun" in my book!

Description of Work
Helped me set up streaming of Yankee games from computer to my television. Hooked up ancient printer to my current work laptop. Cleaned up my laptop of a large amount of corrupted files and programs and other routine maintenance items I am not capable of doing myself. Additionally, ten days after my service call Chris Leyda kindly walked me through the streaming process again when I forgot how to execute the function.

Work Completed On 04/02/2016

06/18/2015

Brian C.

Geek World is a very unique organization in that they come out to the house, even for a laptop computer. As a result, it was possible to sit next to the technician and observe his work and ask questions. I was amazed at how quickly he worked and how fast thinking he was when a new problem presented itself. I have never had such a great experience with a computer technician and I would ONLY want to use Miles or one of his 3 colleagues in the future.

Description of Work
Everything! Related to getting my laptop computer working like new again!

Work Completed On 06/16/2015

12/23/2014

James B.

Everything went smooth! Chris worked quickly to get our network set up. Katie did an amazinb job at listening to what we need for a database. A few days later she installed an awesome database that met all of our needs. Anytime we have need tweeks on the database Katie is able to remote sign in and fix our issues.

Description of Work
Set up our network and designed a custom Access database for our company's specific needs.

Work Completed On 09/03/2014

09/17/2014

Laura Z.

The repair went very well. The repairman Chris was very professional. He listened to what I tried and failed at, and adjusted his deductions to quickly find out the problem. Apparently the problem was a corrupt windows update file. He described what he was doing (and why) as he went along. I also mentioned that I had a cap on how much I was willing to spend and he made it under it. Chris was very personable and he got right down to business.

Description of Work
Took care of issues with mother in law's computer that was freezing up, then cleaned her computer. While he was doing that and waiting for her computer to load, he cleaned mine.

Work Completed On 09/17/2014

08/02/2014

MICHAEL M.

I originally called with one laptop concern that I thought could be a failing hard drive. Before the technician, Miles, arrived, I ran into a desktop printing problem so added that problem upon his arrival. Miles performed several tests on my laptop's hard drive, including a stress test, and was able to satisfy me that the hard drive was in good shape. That testing and my use of the laptop since has eliminated the concern. In re the desktop, he quickly diagnosed the printer problem and made the fix. He also discovered that the slow screen responses I and he encountered, and which had been frustrating me for some time, could be fixed with added RAM. He showed me the screen which quickly illustrated the need for more RAM. He made a second visit with the RAM and quickly installed it. Throughout the two visits -- the second one was confined to installing the RAM -- he was on time for both appointments, very professional, and pleasant to work with. That was consistent with the high quality of past service calls by Miles and others at Geek World. I also much appreciated the person who handled my initial phone call and setting up both appointments. She was a pleasure to work with, as well. I was satisfied, as well, with the service call charge and believe I certainly got my money's worth.. I definitely will continue to relay on Geek World for any future computer service needs I have. Continued A grade performance by Geek World all around.

Description of Work
Solved several frustrating operational concerns/problems with my laptop and desktop.

Work Completed On 08/01/2014

06/14/2014

Cheryl S.

Chris is very professional and really knows his stuff. He worked quickly to maximize the benefit of his billed time. It was very convenient to have the work done in my home and to be able to set an appointment for a specific time. I would definitely use Geek World again!

Description of Work
Long overdue (on my part!) upgrades to Windows 7 operating system and Internet Explorer browser were needed to correct various problems which included lack of audio. Chris set the upgrades up to run and instructed me on how to complete the process. It took the better part of the afternoon for everything to complete, and this was a good cost saver because Chris was able to go to another client while I was running the updates. When everything was done, Chris came back, tested the results, and made some changes that helped the computer run faster and more efficiently. He also answered some miscellaneous questions.

Work Completed On 06/12/2014

09/13/2013

RAY R.

I have been doing business with Geek World for around 10 years, and have never been disappointed. They are very knowledgeable and professional, and they always go the extra mile. In this situation I continued to have some problems after the work was done, so they came over a second time and did additional work at no charge.

Description of Work
Checked out and optimized slow-running computer.

Work Completed On 09/02/2013

03/04/2013

Annette R.

My sons computer had contracted a virus. It had damaged his hard drive and the computer was on the verge of crashing. Geek World was able to save most everything on his computer and installed it on a new hard drive that they ordered for us. The hard drive ended up taking longer to arrive than anticipated, and the Geek World staff went out of their way to work on Friday night, and deliver it back to us on Saturday rather than waiting for the following week! Very impressed with their professionalism. This is our second time using Geek World and they will be the first we call when we need computer help again!

Description of Work
Diagnosed problem with computer, ordered parts and repaired.

Work Completed On 12/08/2012

01/08/2013

James E.

"Doctor" Miles came to my home Friday afternoon, but was a bit late. After testing several hardware and software fixes, Miles took the laptop with him, worked on it over the weekend, and returned it to me Monday in perfect working order. He did a great job and really knows his stuff. Head geek Chris apologized for the lack of punctuality and made things right in the end. I like these guys a lot and will call them again if I need PC repairs.

Description of Work
My laptop computer wouldn't boot Windows 7. Before calling Geek World, I had tried replacing the hard drive and reinstalling the OS, but it still wouldn't boot. As an experienced computer user/fixer myself, this was a difficult case with no obvious solution.

Work Completed On 12/28/2012

12/14/2012

Jerry J.

I had a computer that I simply could not forward e-mails with any pictures or vidios, plus I could not download adobe flash player sometimes it told me I had it, and other times it told me I didn't have it. Well I didn't have it. Chris came in and fixed my problems and uped the speed of my computer by a lot. I am very happy with the results, and I will definately call them again.

Description of Work
E-mail could not forward any pictures or vidios. Had someone else in they did't fix it, and they told me I could make attachments when I sent e-mails. My computer has been cleaned up by Office Depot, and by another computer fix guy I thought it was ok. Well Chris from Geek World came in, he fixed my problems, And then he went through my computer to clean it up and my 4 year old computer is now blazing fast, and it has never been this fast

Work Completed On 12/11/2012

11/19/2012

Frank H.

They spent a lot of time addressing each issue. They had to come back a second time to resolve some issues.

Description of Work
Resolved computer issues. Our two computers were slow and not working properly. Error messages were popping up. Erratic courser movement. Very slow operation. Issues were resolved after two visits. Some issues were resolved the first visit. They came back a second time at no cost to work on additional issues.