Geek World

Founded 1993 • With Angi since December 2006

Office Equipment Repair

PO Box 259836

Madison, WI 53725

Geek World is a small locally owned onsite computer service of four staff, we don't wear ties, we don't advertise, but we do provide honest, understandable answers for our clients. We work mostly in the Madison area, but now have the ability to do remote work anywhere we're needed. Call 251-5933 for more info....

computer repair (58)

09/01/2020

The Geek came to my office, took the computer to the waiting room and fixed the problem, including working things out with AT&T, my provider, as they typically screwed up. He also updated and cleaned up my system. I'm a regular customer and Geek-World is the best place to get things fix, adjusted, updated and so forth. They have also transferred my data and apps when I've gone to a new computer in...

Description of Work
Outlook repeatedly demanded my password interfering with my using the computer

Work Completed On 09/12/2018

11/10/2019

Excellent. Chris quickly set to work on my new and old equipment involving Apple computers, Epson printers and TV steaming. Everything is now working beautifully. In fact I don’t know if it was Chris or the latest printer update, but my primary printer (that is over 10 years old) has never printed so fast. I think it was Chris. Finally my equipment was configured to work at their maximum ability.

Description of Work
New WiFi setup, 2 older printers reconfigured a Fire stick and Fire Cube connected.

Work Completed On 11/10/2019

08/30/2017

Exceptional work. Stacy was wonderful!! She asked a few questions regarding the account and went to work. She explained everything she was doing, and in terms I could understand, and voila within minutes she had resolved the problem. Geek World will now be my go to for any problems I incur.

Description of Work
Email access had been blocked..message said server password had been changed wasn't changed by me...frustrating and maddening.

Work Completed On 08/30/2017

06/28/2017

Found out because of its age it wasn't worth fixing. Very prompt service.

Description of Work
Old computer would not start up.

Work Completed On 06/15/2017

06/06/2017

Quick and easy! Very professional. Didn't try and upsell and was very good at making the visit quick and complete.

Description of Work
Clean up computer

Work Completed On 05/09/2017

05/17/2017

Went very well. This is about our 4th year that we had Geek World come and clean up and check out our computers. It is well worth the money.

Description of Work
Clean up our two computer. Updated virus protection. Replaced one hard drive

Work Completed On 12/01/2016

04/12/2017

GOOD VERY TIMELY CAME TO HOUSE TO REPAIR

Description of Work
WIDNOWS 10 UPDATES WERE GETTING HELD UP

Work Completed On 03/15/2017

02/17/2017

I had the opportunity to work with Miles and Chris (individually). They both were awesome. Practical, honest and smart. And they were more than fair (actually better than fair!) on their price. I would highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
Laptop repair

Work Completed On 02/17/2017

01/16/2017

Wonderful. I will hire them again in a heart beat!!

Description of Work
Miles was great, so very helpful with my IMac issues.

Work Completed On 11/17/2016

11/21/2016

Great! It turned out that the first fan that was sent to Chris was not the correct one. It worked for only a very short time before producing the same problems as before. Chris took it back, got the correct fan, and replaced it for no charge, even though physically getting to the fan necessitated removing a great deal of the laptop's inner components. It now works great again. Chris followed up to...

Description of Work
The fan on my laptop needed to be replaced.

Work Completed On 11/18/2016

COMPUTER SERVICE & MAINTENANCE. WINDOWS & MAC NETWORKS, APPS, OPERATING SYSTEMS, WEBSITE & DATABASE PROGRAMMING. Virus removal, home networking, custom apps, saving bacon

Check, PayPal