We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling

Ganser Co Inc

Founded 1939 • With Angi since June 2007

4.3

1906 W Beltline Hwy

Madison, WI 53713

Full exterior and interior remodeling including Roofs, Windows, Siding, Gutters, Insulation, Bathrooms, Decks, etc. and repair company. License number 12399. Financing options available: 12 Months, 24 Months, 60 Months and Special Offers throughout the year. Repair Division includes small leaks, patching, gutter cleaning, snow removal, ice dam removal, etc. Additional fax - (608)222-8199. Additional DBA - Ganser Exteriors....

02/14/2021

Amy I.

We were very pleased with the work done wrapping our old rotted windows and installing new gutters. Effort was taken to match existing trim and siding. Our only complaint was that we had to wait quite a while for the work to be done, but we are very happy with the finished product.

Description of Work
Gutter installation and window wrapping

Category gutter repair, replacement windows

09/20/2020

Laurel G.

It was discovered during a fireplace insert project that the flashing around my chimney was installed incorrectly and leaked causing the wood to rot. Ganser came, matched the siding and did the work to replace all the wood etc. It looks great and the fireplace insert project commenced without a hitch. They were professional, courteous and, although were booked months out, actually were able to come earlier than expected. THEN Marc came and did an "Aloha" meeting with me to see if I had any questions or concerns. I will definitely call them in the spring to fix some siding problems (not related to their work).

Description of Work
Needed Chimney repaired and siding replaced

Category chimney repair

02/02/2020

Kevin Z.

Everyone was very helpful and willing to answer any questions. We were not expecting to have to make such a large purchase only 18 months after moving into the home. They made the process easy. Patrick was very knowledgeable and has many years experience in the industry. The job was completed in 3 days with a nice size crew. They cleaned up well and luckily had decent weather for a mid December install. We will be keeping them in mind for future home projects.

Description of Work
New roof due to leaking

12/23/2019

Clare G.

We love our new bathroom. Bright, clean, functional, safe and beautiful. We expect many years of enjoyment from this project. Thank you Ganser for making it happen.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category roofing, home remodeling

04/22/2019

Dennis P.

From the first in-home visit to the free estimate to the actual service, everything was professional and top-notch. Maybe not the cheapest option but definitely great communication, fast service, high quality and trustworthy. I'd definitely recommend them...and actually we did...to our neighbors.

Description of Work
We had a new roof installed.

03/01/2019

Patrick M.

We had them installed during the winter during one of the worst weeks of the winter. 6 inches of snow on Monday, and record breaking cold the rest of the week. They flew through the windows while it was snowing. They brought a big crew so some could stay inside and some outside so they wouldn't make a mess in our house. We are very happy with the service and accommodations they made to get the windows installed.

Description of Work
New windows

09/26/2018

Josh P.

We hired Ganser to replace our roof and spruce up our front porch. The project could not have turned out better. Marc from Ganser came to our house to help us make a plan that would be in our budget. Marc majored in art history in college, and it shows. His ideas and recommendations are based in history, so he has wonderful sense of how to bridge the present to the past. Marc listens to peoples ideas and brings other solid ideas to the table. Once we got started, I was totally impressed with the roofing crew. They were polite, courteous, efficient, and their work was top notch. After the roof, the carpenters came. They were like magicians. The quality was 10/10. I could not believe the amount of quality work that was done in just a few days. With both the roofers and carpenters, the work site was left as clean as could be during and upon completion of the project. The whole project stayed on budget and on time. I wasn't expecting to have this reaction after the project, but I literally have fallen more in love with my house. When I am walking my dog and rounding the corner to my house, I can't wait to see it. It a weird feeling to suddenly be significantly more in love with something that I already loved. The materials that they use are state of the art. They have higher cost and lower cost options. Marc visits the project after the project is done to make sure that everything went according to plan. I would definitely suggest to anyone to give Ganser Company a chance when planning a project.

Description of Work
Roof replacement and existing front porch rennovation

Category decks, roofing, siding

03/13/2018

Kevin V.

Extremely happy with the work done by the folks at Ganser. They did a wonderful job replacing our second story master bathroom shower after it began leaking into our living room (originally a tile shower that had not been installed properly by the previous homeowners). Love the results. I want to specifically thank and recommend Jason, the sales person that helped us plan out the project and get the paperwork in order, and Greg (and crew!) that made it a reality. All were professional, friendly, and very easy to work with. We'll certainly use Ganser again in the future (hopefully for something less urgent!)

Description of Work
Shower removal + installation

Category home remodeling

03/07/2018

deb N.

The crew were extremely professional, courteous and efficient. I would definitely hire them again. The end result was beautiful! The wait was a bit long, but well worth it because of the quality of the work.

Description of Work
New windows

12/11/2017

Dan S.

The work was done as agreed. I'm happy with the job done.

Description of Work
Replaces skylight.

Category roofing, skylights

11/23/2017

Ann B.

I must admit that I was disappointed to turn away the Ganser sales rep when he informed us that it would take 4-5 months to complete our small project. The sales rep's explanation: they have a limited highly skilled staff (do not out-source, which I consider a positive) and there is only so much coffee they can pour into their workers ... Lesson learned. If you want one of the best in town, plan your time accordingly.

Description of Work
We wanted to have 4 replacement Marvin insert double hung windows installed.

09/21/2017

Kathleen M.

This is 3rd time we've used this company and past experiences were excellent. But there has been a major decline in the scheduling and communication systems within this organization. The estimator/assessor and the installation crews were professional and efficient and good to work with. However the phone communications system and office staff responsible for follow through and coordination with clients on schedules and times repeatedly provided a lot of misinformation and excuses in responses to our queries about scheduling. In the end, the work we were told would be done about 3 weeks after signing the contract, was postponed without notice 3 times and took almost 3 months to be completed . In the end we received no notice (on phones or email) that the crews were coming on the two days they showed. The excellent work crews were as frustrated as we were about that. The weak link in this organization at this point seems to be in the scheduling and communication with the clients. If you are easily frustrated with contractors over such communication issues, we would not recommend them to you unless there is evidence that they've improved this .

Description of Work
1. Addition of a downspout and replacement of two other (2 hours work) 2. Replace shingles on peaks ,hips and valleys due to inferior shingle deterioration (A repair job taking less than a day)

Category gutter repair, roofing

09/15/2017

Kathleen F.

The crews worked hard and cleaned up after themselves. I believe Marc Ganser knows what he is talking about. Significant rains happened after the work, and the roof and gutters worked well.

Description of Work
Replaced shingled portion of roof and replaced gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing

07/27/2017

Lauren B.

It was a pretty negative experience. We had some of our windows replaced and we wanted to do the sunroom, but because they are the only people in this area that sells this particular window, and I wanted those windows. They are a bunch of a**holes. Not the whole company, but the owners are jerks. I think they installed the windows properly, but I'm not happy that they got stain on the window shades. The price was a "C" considering the windows I was buying were really expensive. It's not their fault that the windows were expensive. It was hell working with them. When they showed up the second time, I didn't want anything to do with them. My husband talked to them. I wanted to distance myself.

Description of Work
They converted our screened porch into a four season sunroom.

Category remodeling

06/26/2017

Kevin M.

Ganser took my information, asked whether or not it was an "emergency", and never called back again.

Description of Work
Restoration of a 400 sq. ft. deck.

Category decks

06/12/2017

Chantel S.

It went great. Install ended up happening sooner than expected and it only took about 5 hours to replace the windows and the back door. Our sales representative wanted to make sure we were fully educated in order to feel comfortable in our decision. The new windows make the house look brand new. The lead technician was also very helpful and went above and beyond what was needed to make us happy :) Great company!

Description of Work
We needed our living room windows replaced and rear sliding glass door to our patio/deck. Our living room windows were three side-by-side windows that slid up. We designed the windows to have a large bay view to open up the space. We also decided to go with white even though we have brown trim, it looks gorgeous together.

Category replacement windows, doors

06/10/2017

Mark M.

Ganser HAS the answer ! By 2014-15, our house needed an attic ventilation problem corrected, and drafty windows also needed replacing. Decided to replace siding and doors, as well. Mike Fuchs was very, very helpful and knowledgable, and Ganser's commitment to the right products for customers, such as Marvin Infinity Windows with Everwood, and LP Smart Siding, reflects a better value for your remodeling investment. Ganser also sent over the right size work crew to get the job done efficiently, and the right products made the crew's job easier. Draftiness is gone, energy costs are down, and the house looks wonderful ! Some hail damage was sustained in 2016, and it's great to be able to call on a local company that you know and trust to listen to your concerns, identify your needs, and fix things right for the long run. In 2017, it was time to remodel the bathrooms, and Ganser had the right product with Bath Planet shower/tub wall surrounds, and collaborated effectively with other solutions from the owner.

Description of Work
Attic ventilation repair; window, soffit, siding and door replacement. Hail damage repair Bathroom remodel

Category bathtub refinishing, egress windows, garage doors, gutter repair, handyman service, insulation, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

05/04/2017

curtis S.

very helpful. They cleaned up better than we did. On time and no extra charges

Description of Work
We had our old tub removed and a shower put in.

Category bathtub refinishing

01/21/2017

Thomas M.

The expertise and experience of the Ganser personnel is excellent. As in all structural maintenance and repair there are always unique problems which must be addressed. Ganser handled every aspect splendidlyon both projects. Marc Ganser provided full and transparent quotations and was always available to answer questions or attend to details. The work was completed on time. Great care was taken to protect shrubbery and landscaping. Jobsites were clean upon completion. Without hesitation I would recommend Ganser Company.

Description of Work
Gander has done two projects for me on two separate buildings. The first was roofing replacement, chimney repair, attic insulation, and gutters & downspouts. This was done in 2011. In 2017, Ganser repaired storm damage from a wind felled tree. The storm damage required a structural repair, roofing replacement, soffit replacement and gutter replacement.

Category gutter repair, insulation, roofing, siding, chimney repair, woodworking

12/03/2016

Lauren B.

It didn't ! See picture below. It's a doozy! Here is an email exchange with this company: Hi Lauren, I wanted to reach out to you and apologize myself about this whole situation, as you know September was all rain which slowed our production team down on jobs that we were currently working on plus the hail didn’t help in the slightest. We are getting to your job as fast as possible, Melissa will call you tomorrow to give you an estimated start date. If there is anything I can do for you let me know. Thanks, Matthew Mortimer From: Front Desk Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:48 AM To: Matt Mortimer Subject: FW: Feedback Requested Hi Matt, Can you please call your customer, put on your charm and give her a little smooth over? From: Lauren Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:44 AM To: Front Desk Subject: Re: Feedback Requested You do realize that none of the work has been done yet, right? You've been delaying our job for months and we are beyond dissatisfied with the Ganser company. Lauren

Description of Work
New windows

11/27/2016

Diane N.

Very S-L-O-W ... signed contract early July for a replacement exterior door. I was told it would take 6-8 weeks to get the door from the manufacturer. Every week or so someone called and left a message that they "were on schedule" for the door install the first week of October. Then, after the door arrived in their warehouse early in September, the install date was moved up one week -- and all communication from them ceased. A couple of weeks later I received an email thanking me now that the "project was complete." I responded that they were very mistaken -- no work had been done! It took a couple more emails, phone calls, and prodding on my part, but the door was finally installed at the end of October. It took 3 separate visits from 2 different people at Ganser to measure for the door when it was ordered, but when it was finally at my house ready to be installed, it was bigger than the original opening. And again, more issues -- the moulding ordered with the door was not included; the hinges are the wrong finish; and the white framing around the door does not match the stained wood moulding or the stained finish on the door (no one mentioned there would be a white band around a stained door when I ordered the door!). It is now the end of November (a month later) and I have heard nothing from Ganser regarding when the hinges will be replaced or what they are going to do about the white frame. But Ganser has asked me via email twice to write them a review of their work! (I hope they like my review...) Good thing I have only paid 50% of the agreed amount to date! The installer was very professional and worked hard. However, the sales team and their follow up leave a lot of room for improvement. It is now days short of 5 months since I placed the order for the door and it is still not finished -- nor have I heard anything from anyone about the items to be corrected -- but they are anxious for me to provide them with a "good" review.

Description of Work
Exterior door replacement.

Category doors

11/24/2016

robert K.

Appears to be excellent; only time will tell if there are any issues with leaks. Wound up with open valley joints vs. the closed ones we had before. Got a ridge vent where we didn't have one before (but should have). A particularly tricky piece of flashing is clearly better than the original was. Job was totally complete and done in only 2-1/4 days. Job site absolutely spotless when they finished. None of my neighbors were as fortunate; none. If everything holds up I will be very impressed.

Description of Work
Complete re-roofing due to hail damage.

11/06/2016

Ann E.

We were very pleased with the professionalism of the installers as well as the quality of our replaced Windows. We have used Ganser for other home projects and have been very satisfied! We will continue to rely on Ganser for future projects!

Description of Work
Replaced 9 Windows!

Category gutter repair, replacement windows

10/24/2016

Mavis E.

Ganser arrived on the day and time planned. They are a quiet, considerate, and organized crew. From the moment they arrived, they were busy. You never heard them yell, just doing their work. It was very interesting to watch the crew, each person had a job and they just kept on moving. The leader, Jesus, was working right along with them and you could tell he was experienced and very picky as to how the job was done. We had several questions as the time went and Jesus was very good at explaining what they were doing. The flashing around the chimney was beautiful, looks very professional. The chimney also needed repair and when the roof was done, the gentleman came and put new brick on the chimney. A week later, the electrician came to put in the bathroom fans. This was a separate company and had nothing but praise for the Ganser company and their work. I would not hesitate to use Ganser. They do a very professional job and I never worry about the quality of their work. I certainly feel that this will be a big plus when I go to sell my home.

Description of Work
From the very beginning, Ganser did an outstanding job of checking the roof for hidden problems. You will find they are very good at listening to your concerns and offering solutions to the problem. They will also point out areas that could become a problem and how they could remedy the situation. One of the problems they pointed out was that the gutters that were on ,were not wide enough. They replaced the gutters and now we do not have the overflowing we had before. They also installed more vents in the roof . I also wanted to replace my bathroom fan with a new heated light and fan and also put a light and heated fan in the small bathroom.

Category roofing, roof snow removal

09/27/2016

Dave H.

this summer my wife and I decided to fix the appearance of our home. we got quotes from 4 companies and almost cancelled #5 (Ganser Company) because we had made a choice. We did keep the Ganser appt and are very happy we did. Marc Ganser came out and not only walked around the home like everyone else, he crawled into the attic and went up on the roof. He pointed out the things I knew were bad but also pointed out why, along with a couple up coming problems. The price was higher than the other 4 but covered more because of underlying problems found in the inspection that needed to be addressed to do the job correctly. We decided to go with Ganser and the work occurred in 2 stages, roof first then siding/trim and attic. Both crews were prompt, efficient, and very courteous. We liked that all work was handled by one company especially when 2 appearance problems came up. While they had nothing to do with integrity of the finished product we just did not like them as they appeared. Both items were quickly remedied to our needs. The crews did a great job cleaning up every day and even went as far as putting our patio furniture back in place before leaving. Workmanship was very good and I did not see any corners cut to save time or money. Great company and PEOPLE at all levels to work with

Description of Work
New asphalt shingle roof, gutters, attic ventilation and insulation, siding, and trim

Category gutter repair, insulation, roofing, siding

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for the business and for taking the time to let others know about your experience with Ganser. We sincerely appreciate it! Please let us know how we can be of further assistance in the future! Sincerely, Carolyn office manager

USA Insulation of Madison

USA Insulation of Madison is a locally owned and operated company that values honesty and integrity in all aspects of our business. Our dedicated team of professionals have over 26 years of hands-on experience, to provide innovative ideas and suggestions tailored to your projects. Our services are customized to your individual needs, paying close attention to the details of each project that we are involved with. Please feel free to contact us today!

Next Door & Window

Here at Next Door and Window, we a ready to bring you the best options for your new window and home door project. Next Door and Window has the best windows by Marvin, Integrity, Marvin Infinity and Sunrise. Wood Clad, Vinyl and Fiberglass Windows and Entry and Patio Doors by Albany and Provia. Next Door and Window will have one of their highly trained professionals meet with you and discuss all the possible options for your window and door project, they will then provide you with a FREE NO OBLIGATION quote for your project. Best of all, Next Door and Window will paint or stain your window and trim to match any color you need with our paint match program. Most others leave the project for you to finish with paint or stain, but, at Next Door and Window we do that for you! Next Door and Window also provides the best installation procedures and materials to make certain your project is done right and we back it with the industries best warranties. We have a full team of installation and service professionals to answer your questions…fast! If a visit is necessary to your home we will work around your schedule within a half-hour window of time to handle your issue quickly, often within 24 hours. We have over 25 trucks in the field to serve you fast. We are there when you need us. Additional DBA - Wolt Window & Door. Additional showroom addresses: 815 E. Ogden Ave, Naperville, IL 60563, & 718 E Rand Rd Arlington Heights, IL 60004.

Offers by Next Door & Window on Angi
    BJ Electric

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an free estimate today!

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available, American Express

Roofing, Windows, Remodeling Bathrooms, Decks, Siding, Doors, Gutters & exterior accessories.