Floor Coverings International Of Madison

Founded 2011 • With Angi since February 2012

6524 Seybold Rd Suite A

Madison, WI 53719

Whether you are looking for new carpet, tile, stone, vinyl, laminate or hardwood floors, and our expert staff are ready to help you every step of the way. Our mobile show room allows you to schedule a design consultant to come to your home and help you pick out the floors of your dreams. From design, to consultation on products and budget, through to installation, let the professionals at Floor Coverings International of Madison help you beautify your home swiftly and within your budget. If you're ready to get the floors of your dreams, we're ready to help you reach that goal. ...

12/27/2021

Debra H.

The owner brings samples to your home which is excellent. Great selection of both flooring and carpet. Product arrived quickly and installation timely and perfect. Owner stopped 2X during and again after installation. We are having the rest of our house done in carpet by them as we’re so happy with them. They even have carpet made just for pet owners which doesn’t allow liquid from accidents to soak through to the pad! Very reasonable prices too.

Description of Work
Luxury vinyl flooring in living room and hall

10/28/2019

Nichole M.

The job went great. The guys did a very thorough and detailed job, taking care of installing the flooring well and cleaning up afterward. They came back to adjust anything that wasn't quite right quickly, and did a great job with that too. It was a pleasure to work with them.

Description of Work
Replace flooring throughout first floor, with Pryzm rigid core

12/27/2017

amber S.

This should have been a very simple job of installing sheet vinyl in our ajoining kitchen and laundry room but it turned into a 2.5 year long nightmare that recently ended in small claims court. They didn't glue our floor properly, refused to accept responsibility, and wouldn't fix it after it started bubbling and warping. Only after we won in court did the owner admitted fault. I'm glad so many others are happy with them, but I would never call them again.

Description of Work
Sheet vinyl installation

Category flooring contractor

As you mentioned we have many satisfied customers. On Angie's list, 49 "A's", 5 "B's" and a couple C's. Along with thousands of other satisfied customers and many repeat customers.

09/06/2017

jim Z.

Hubie,Kevin, and Craig caught a problem before the carpet was installed and still competed the project before we moved in.

Description of Work
We bought a condo and the previous owners had a car and poorly installed kitchen floor. We replaced the carpeting and the kitchen floor.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you for the review. It was a pleasure to help with your new home. Hubie

09/04/2017

Joseph L.

A couple of issues popped up - for example, the boards began to chip soon after being installed. But, Hubie at International Flooring worked with the manufacturer to correct the problem by refinishing the floors. He even put us up in a hotel while the work was being done. It took a while to get it just right, but the floor looks great now.

Description of Work
Installed wood floors on first floor of our home.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Thank you for the review, We work with very good flooring companies, but sometimes it does take awhile to get warranty issues resolved. I'm glad your happy with the results. Hubie

04/10/2017

Justin L.

From start to finish, Hubie responded to our, sometimes difficult, requests with professionalism and promptness.

Description of Work
Great company to do business with. You can trust them, completely.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

10/26/2016

Ellen C.

Excellent service: attention to detail including transitions and the remodeling schedule.

Description of Work
New kitchen floor.

Thanks for the review.

06/28/2016

Jody L.

GREAT. What a wonderful team to work with. They truly listened to our wants and needs and worked within our budget to find us the best results. They never tried to oversell us on any products outside of our budget. Their entire staff was extremely friendly and professional and their service team carefully worked as not interrupt our staff. Overall, we could not be happier with the finished product. I know who to contact for my next flooring job.

Description of Work
New carpet purchased and installed

06/10/2016

Gary M.

We were very impressed with this vendor, from the initial sales contact with Kevin (awesome guy) through the installation (Richard/TJ/Scott) through contract w/ the Manager, Hubie. The job took several days. The installers cleaned up each night before leaving. I'd hire them again in a New York Minute!

Description of Work
Replaced carpeting in the dining room & up/down stairs. Replaced old ceramic tile with new deluxe vinyl tiles in the entryway, closet, kitchen, bathroom, and dining room.

04/12/2016

Brenda M.

Kevin the sales person was pleasant, helpful and had excellent recommendations. The installers were precise & cleaned up after the job. More was an issue however Hubie made sureit was resolved to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Replaced carpet in 2 bedrooms with hardwood floors

Category carpet installation

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We sincerely appreciate you taking the tie to do it. Hubie

01/04/2016

Terri Z.

It went fine and great they did a good job, finished when they said they would, polite and friendly and very hard workers. We are very satisfied will all communication and the price was fair. I would recommend and use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They took up our old carpeting in our basement and applied new vinyl in the hallway and part of the floor and new carpeting in the main area of the basement.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for the review. Your new carpet looks great. Hubie

12/29/2015

Wesley H.

They told us they thought it would be a 3-4 day job but took 6 days or more. They worked hard, didn't take any breaks except lunch and cleaned up after each day. they arrived promptly when they said they would. We were impressed by how nice the floors look and their definite work ethic.

Description of Work
Tore out rugs except bathrooms throughout entire house. In living room, family room, dining room and computer room, took out sub floors and put in plywood. Installed hickory diagonal floors. In bedroom (3 of them) installed floating hickory floors in closets.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you very much for the review. Daniel and his crew are great installers and we are fortunate to work with them. Enjoy your new floors. Hubie

12/28/2015

jim Z.

It went great. This is the second time we've used them and have been impressed with the quality of work.

Description of Work
Replaced worn out vinyl flooring with new vinyl flooring

Category flooring contractor

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the review. It has been a pleasure to work with you on your flooring projects. Hubie

08/20/2015

Dan W.

I was under a strict timeline, no one else could find me the product and install it in the short window I had. Floor Coverings did and I am glad I found them!

Description of Work
Installed vinyl floor covering in a timely and professional manner.

Category flooring contractor

[member name removed], Thank you for the review. We try to be flexible to accommodate all customers and their time frames. Hubie

08/19/2015

Benjamin F.

Floor Coverings International was best for our service from start to finish. Of all the places I spoke to, they were responsive and prompt with phone calls and appointments. Although it wasn't the lowest quote, we choose F.L. Inc for their professionalism. Our project turned out perfect and our installer was thorough and did an amazing job while being respectful of my curious children.

Description of Work
Large faux wood floor tiles installed as a kitchen back splash.

07/22/2015

Christian J.

The best thing was their ability to get the job installed in my short timeframe. There were communication problems, however with instructions to let the guys in as well as more work I needed to fix my bedroom floor. They use contractors and some information was not communicated to them a couple of times. Once, the carpet installers were locked out of my home and we had to reschedule. I thought the price was high, but I was in a bind with my schedule. I needed the job done within one week and they got it done. One thing that I was a little annoyed with was their final "walk through" Basically, they were looking for their money. I believed that I could pay a little later after receiving the bill, but no. I did call the owners, asking them to keep my check a while and not deposit it. She said ok and to call her and let her know when it was ok. Well, they didn't wait until I called and they deposited it today. I'm not too happy about that. I had to ask a couple different people about my master floor and basically, they could not fix it.

Description of Work
Install carpeting in two bedrooms. Installed Kitchen floor

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for the review. We try to give our installers the full instructions for each job. Unfortunately with your job one of the guys on the first crew forgot to leave the inside garage door unlocked for the carpet crew. We always stress making sure the homes are locked when they leave. I appreciate knowing what happened so we can correct any issues. Our contracts are written so a 50% deposit is required at signing and the remaining balance due upon completion. I thought you asked Carla to hold the check for 2 days which I believe she did. I want to thank you for your business and your review. Hubie

07/20/2015

James H.

Workers were punctual and attentive to job. Did great job with installation. Company has wide variety of wood flooring's and carpeting.

Description of Work
Removed old carpeting and wood floor, installed new wood floor and trim in kitchen, dining and family room.

Category carpet installation, hardwood floor

07/20/2015

Debra F.

The installers were wonderful and displayed knowledge of there job. to them I give an A. The designer who came in the beginning to help with choices-to her she gets A+. BUT the owners of this establishment get a C minus.. They took the order for our flooring and from then on it was like wading thru molasses. Very poor communication skills between owners,installers and us. Phone calls and emails to owners were frustrating . The transition piece that was to be placed between hardwood and kit floor,for instance,the owner came to the house. observed what was needed. it was written in detail in the contract. it was discussed. pictures sent to him AND STILL when wood installers came he had not provided them with the right piece!! the installers were embarrassed and frustrated and the owner was not answering their phone calls ,as they were trying and trying to reach him while at my home. Then the owner tells us ,"oh it had to be reordered". Delay after delay after delay. so what was started in the last of may was finally accomplished in mid july. then the final walk thru I handed the final check and he for got to give me a copy. this was a saturday. I quickly phoned him and his reply was I will turn it over to Carla(office help). almost another week. I guess it was too hard to place it in an envelope and mail it the next day!!!!! The floors look beautiful BUT if they want to have return customers they need to get organized and handle things with more professionalism. no I will not use them again. If I had not been assertive with them this job might have taken till who knows when..I will stay local from now on. If you go to the Madison Home show and they are there Please ask many many questions. If the designer was the one who followed this whole project thru then it would have been done the right way. She was really on the ball. Unfortunatley she left them.I saved all texts and emails as I was not confident in this project so I kept meticulous records.

Description of Work
Provider to install great room carpet and dining room hardwood.

Category carpet installation

Thank you for the review and we are working at correcting the problems that arose during your install. Hubie

06/11/2015

Jennifer O.

We called Floor Coverings International based on positive reviews on Angie?s List. Our experience was also very positive. FCI has no showroom. Instead, a representative brings samples to your home. They specialize in Shaw carpeting, although they also offer limited lines from a few other suppliers. Friendly Kevin Vondrasek brought numerous samples to our house and helped us select carpeting for all the above grade rooms of our house. This assistance was based on OUR preferences in regard to quality, style, color, fiber, and stain and soil resistance. He was also helpful in selecting the appropriate padding for the carpet and our carpet traffic circumstances. We felt no pressure to pick any particular carpet. We were not steered toward the more expensive offerings. We also discussed warranty and carpet care issues. An important feature of FCI?s service is that you have a single person as your contact from the beginning to the end of the process. We felt free to call Kevin with questions about the product, installation or post-installation issues. He was prompt in responding to our input. As proper installation is as important as the carpet itself, we were happy to find that FCI uses a well experienced team who have been with the company for several years. They arrived on time and installed the entire 200 yards in about a day and a half. Another positive about this outfit is that they do everything relating to the job that you want done. In our case, they moved (and replaced) the furniture from each room, removed and disposed of the old carpeting and padding, installed new padding and carpeting according to Carpet and Rug Institute approved methods (I actually printed out the latest standards and watched for compliance during installation). This was followed by a walk-through with Kevin. In our case, we noticed a carpet-to-flooring transition that we felt could be improved. The installation team returned within a day or so to rectify the problem. A final point is pricing. The price quoted was competitive and was based on a detailed printed breakout of the cost of each aspect of the process. This included the cost of the carpet and pad, product freight and local delivery, removal and disposal of existing carpet and pad, disposal environmental fee, furniture removal and replacement, and installation of carpet and pad in rooms and on stairs. There were no ?surprise? charges. Indeed, their estimate of the amount of carpet needed was short by about $400, yet they ate the cost themselves and refused our offer to pay half the cost overrun! We are very pleased with the whole experience and with the carpeting. We highly recommend FCI to you for carpet work. They also do other flooring products. Although we have no direct experience with them for these products, it seems likely they would do an excellent job.

Description of Work
Remove existing carpet and install 200 square yards of new carpeting in our home.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you very much for the review. Our goal is to leave the home with everything neat, clean and furniture back in it's original locations and happy home owners. Hubie Durst

06/08/2015

Joe K.

We set up the preliminary contact through Angie's list, were contacted from the front office within 24 hours to set up an appointment with their field representative, Kevin. Kevin showed up exactly on time, discussed with me exactly what I wanted, taking notes as we talked. He then measured both bathrooms and some further discussion regarding the finer points of the installation. He then provided me with an estimate, left contact information and left = absolutely no pressure - no special deals if you purchase today - as I appreciate. We determined this was the best estimate of the 5 we had, Others weren't sure of the work and all were at least #200 higher on their bids. I sent an email on Saturday AM to have them contact me. To my surprise Kevin called around 4PM that day (I was expecting them to call on Monday). We set an approximate date for the work to be done. On Monday I was contacted by the installation foreman that they had a job cancellation and would we want the work done starting on Tuesday? We agreed, on a 9AM start but there was an issue and they couldn't start until after lunch. The flooring Techs arrived at 1:45, one started unloading the trailer while the other came in and examined the bathrooms. He also asked questions regarding his portion of the job and explained what they would be doing. They set to work removing the toilets (I was replacing one with a more efficient one). I had previously removed the trim as I wanted to refinish it, and I would reinstall it when they were done. They worked until 6:30 PM (with our permission) to make sure they would complete the job. Even then they asked if I needed them to do any other work while they were there (reinstall the trim, etc.). Overall, I would say this was a very good experience, an I will definitely utilize them in the future.

Description of Work
Placed a laminate floor in two bathrooms.

03/29/2015

Robert P.

They showed up with the wrong color carpet twice, and didn't have enough to finish the job on a third visit.

Description of Work
Installed carpet.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you for the review. Our issue was getting the same dye lot. Due to the fact we purchase your carpet from the seconds that Shaw had, in order to save money, it was extremely difficult to get the same dye lot. In the end we did find the correct carpet and honored our quote. Hubie Durst Floor Coverings International of Madison

12/10/2014

Julie K.

I've used them a couple of times. He's also put carpet in my hallway and hardwood floors in my living room. He's got a great service. The only problem is that the billing has been a little bit of a problem for us. I've had to stay on top of their quotes, because their quotes are different from what the pricing comes through. I've had to go back at them a couple of times and say, "This isn't what the quote said." They've always corrected it, but I've had to stay on top of it. The work is quality and they're very attentive to what our needs are. We get responses right away if we have a need or if something's not right or if installation dates aren't right or whatever. They respond right away. They appear to have very high quality products. We have more flooring to do in the future and we'll be using them.

Description of Work
They installed my new bathroom floor.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Thank you for the review. I do apologize for the Invoicing. We get busy and try to make sure the customers are happy with their new floors and sometimes don't pay attention to the invoicing as we should. Hubie.

12/08/2014

Diane B.

We want to thank Hubie Durst, owner of Flooring Coverings International, Kevin Vondrasek, salesman, and Daniel Calvillo and his crew, installers, for their time and efforts, and most importantly, their work ethic. Hubie and his team stepped in to complete the installation work in our house when our original installer left without notice after just starting the work. At the time, we were concerned that no one would be able to start the work for several months. Kevin came to our house within a couple of days to give us an estimate and to talk with us about how the work would be done. He raised issues that the original installer did not and how they would be handled. He told us that his company could start the work in a couple of weeks and that it would only take a few days to complete. While Kevin was on travel, Hubie took over the lead. He answered all of our questions during installation and allow us to change the tile that was to be installed in the entrance way. Daniel and his crew did an excellent job installing the wood floor and steps and the ceramic tile. The crew had the proper tools from the beginning to do the job. They installed the floors and steps within three days even when problems needed to be solved. Daniel also kept us informed of what he was doing and why he was doing it. Everyone treated us professionally and responded to us when we had questions. We are completely satisfied and would use the company for other flooring projects.

Description of Work
Installer wood flooring and steps, and ceramic floor

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

[Member name removed], Thank you for the very nice review. It was our pleasure to help you out of your situation and get the new flooring in before Thanksgiving so you could entertain as desired. Hubie

10/23/2014

Stephen C.

I received an in-home consultation from Mary on about August 4, 2014. Originally, the work was to begin on August 18 but was changed to September 2. The porcelain tile was installed in the bathroom over the course of 2 days. Because the wood had not arrived yet, the installation of the hardwood began on September 12,. They began installation of the hardwood on the stairs, but because there was a mismatch in some of the coloring on the bullnose, the stairs were completed when the order of the new bullnose arrived. I am glad that they did not use the originally shipped mismatched bullnose but reordered some. Jason and his crew did a nice job on the installation. They also cleaned up the job site very thoroughly every day. There were professional and pleasant to work with as were Hubie and Mary.

Description of Work
I had maple hardwood installed in 2 rooms and porcelain tile installed in 2 bathrooms. The stairs to the basement were also covered with maple hardwood. The job included the removal of carpet from 2 rooms and the stairs.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for the very nice review. The stair nosing was very discolored and would have looked terrible. Thank you for being patient with us so we could get the job done correctly. Hubie

10/02/2014

Vassil P.

My experience with them was pretty good. It was not stellar, but it was okay. I decided to go with them because they agreed to do the flooring without removing the furniture from that room, just moving it around from room to room. It took a little bit longer than I expected. There were some leftover from food left around and things like that. So, they did not quite cleaned up after themselves, but other than that it was okay.

Description of Work
Floor Coverings International Of Madison installed the hardwood floors in the house.

Category hardwood floor

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. I wish you had told me about the food being left. I will talk with the installers so it doesn't happen again. It was a pleasure working with you. Hubie

Fulmer Ceramic Tile, Marble and Stone

Our installation service is the best in Madison, WI and we stand by all of our work. We will not disappoint nor surprise you with the services we offer. We are always straightforward with our customers and provide trustworthy services. We can help you get the tile installation project you have always dreamt about! With a decade of experience in the tile industry, we have been providing our clients with the quality service they deserve and expect. You deserve a tile installer and home remodeling contractor that knows their craft. To accept anything less will be to do your property a disservice. An important factor to always consider when looking for the right company is to ensure that their services will be a right fit for your residential or commercial property and your budget. Fulmer Ceramic Tile, Marble and Stone installers has the services that you are looking for! If you are a residential or commercial client living in the surrounding Madison, WI area and you need professional interior and exterior tile and stone installation, then Fulmer Ceramic Tile, Marble and Stone installers are the perfect company for you! We have cultivated over 20 years of experience helping customers renew the beauty in their properties. When it is time for a makeover at your place, we are the only contractors you can trust in the region to offer you great service, quality, and exceptional value! Let us help you today!

Walgenmeyer's Carpet & Tile

Full service, local family owned floorcovering store where you can buy quality flooring and quality installation for a fair price.

Tony exteriors

General construction business. Mainly roofing but can and will do any job. General construction crew and roofing crew at the ready to tackle any job.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

Carpeting, hardwood flooring, laminate, stone, tile & flooring, luxury vinyl tile & planks

Carpet cleaning