D & J Heating & Air Conditioning

Founded 1975 • With Angi since February 2011

Madison, WI 53713

Located in McFarland, Wisconsin with over 40 years of experience, D & J knows the heating and cooling business inside and out. We are dedicated to providing you with quality repair, installation and replacement of your furnace or air conditioner and bring

09/28/2017

Jeffrey L.

Jessie came out and in 10 minutes figured out what the other guy couldn't. My pilot was clogged. Jessie cleared the clog and I had heat immediately. Jessie said it is a common problem with rooftop units. The other guy wanted me to install a whole new unit at a cost of around $10,000. Jessie charged me a very reasonable rate and I had D and J come out again for regular maintenance.

Description of Work
My roof top unit was giving me a headache. I called the wrong company first, then I called D and J Heating.

09/28/2017

Jeffrey L.

Great job!. Jessie and his crew were on time, professional and overall excellent.

Description of Work
New Furnace

08/27/2017

randall B.

Excellent! D & J installed new furnace / ac a few years ago. Have always been very helpful & professional. Jesse took extra steps to make recommendations & set thermostat for optimal comfort & efficiency.

Description of Work
Furnace & AC check - adjust. Replaced filter / water panel.

08/26/2017

LACINDA S.

Very happy! Jese arrived on time, quickly diagnosed issue and made necessary repairs. We've used D & J in the past and always happy with service and price.

Description of Work
Repaired AC - replaced capacitor, washed condenser, changed filter & replaced drain fitting.

08/25/2017

William & Chris R.

Jesse was service rep. Went right to work. Listened to our observations. Was timely & thorough. Polite.

Description of Work
Serviced AC which this same firm installed previous years.

08/13/2017

Paula H.

Nate was on time and fast. I haven't compared prices with other firms, so I don't know where this firm stands.

Description of Work
Air conditioner preparation for the cooling season.

08/09/2017

Jan B.

Excellent service!!!!! Wonderful company, Jesse is awesome!

Description of Work
Problems with central air not cooling- came out right away- fit us in busy schedule.

06/07/2016

Kathleen S.

Description of Work
Installed new furnace, central air, and added a vent into master bedroom.

10/22/2015

Kimberly A.

I've had a lot of issues with my HVAC unit in my new house. I've had a couple different contractors our at different time (mainly whoever I could get out first). D&J came out today because they were contracted by a contractor I was using to do drywall and other repairs. Jesse was very polite and diagnosed the issue within a few minutes. He was very helpful and got everything back to working quickly. Plus he didn't make me feel like an idiot (the issue was really something I should have caught). I will definitely use them again--hard to find trustworthy folks nowadays.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and fixed non starting heater

08/23/2014

Rick H.

Our experience with Dand J Heating and Air Conditioning was great. Dennis and quot;Dennyand quot; Frank was very helpful in helping us to understand the use of heat pumps during the summer months, but also how they can help to heat our home during the winter, reducing our propane fuel use. He also explained carefully why we needed a larger blower motor. He was very friendly. Jesse, along with another employee, installed our unit. They started early and worked all day. Jesse explained how to use our state-of-the-art thermostat, and programed in some standard settings. The two men were very polite, professional, and tidy. They removed all the debris before they left, leaving us with our beautiful new unit and the instructions. They even were very tolerant of our Corgi, who was constantly trying to make new friends. We are very happy with our unit, especially today with the humidity at about 85% (August 23, 2014). I would recommend Dand J Heating and Air Conditioning to anyone looking for a new heating and cooling system.

Description of Work
Installed a split air source Bryant heat pump with a Bryant five ton aluminum N coil, new line set, and Bryant thermostat. They also replaced our blower motor. The cost reflects our choice of heat pump, labor and materials, and removal and disposal of our old unit.

04/28/2014

Brett O.

Our furnace would stop working occasionally, but then kick back in after turning off and on. One time I couldn't get it back on and called Dand J to come take a look. It was working fine when they reset it. The problem came back within a few days and they stopped out again and tried some things and got it going. Then it happened again and they tore into the furnace and found a blown gasket or something like that on the heat exchanger. The furnace warranty covered the parts, but I had to pay the labor. I was very happy with my service and my experience with Dand J. If I remember right, they didn't charge me for at least one of the trips since they didn't solve the problem. These days it is nice to find an honest contractor who is interested in providing quality service and isn't going to try and squeeze you for every single penny they can. I would recommend these guys to anyone.

Description of Work
Diagnosed problem and then repaired furnace.

11/05/2013

maureen M.

They replaced our furnace last year and were wonderful - went through all the options and we feel they were honest and wonderful to work with. We called to have our annual furnace clean and check this year. They arrived exactly on time - EXACTLY, cleaned and checked it, found sawdust inside (my husband's shop is in the same room) - so they cleaned that out and sealed seams where it could get in. Were here for over an hour and when I asked how much so I could write out a check - they said $0. The first year after a new furnace is free. I told the guy I wanted to pay for the extra stuff he did and he refused to take it. How much more can you ask for? Great personalty, reliable and honest. Love this company. We will never use another one

Description of Work
furnace clean and check

04/08/2013

Lillian R.

Overall it went extremely well. All options were explained to me, all rebate forms were filled out and mailed by the company. Workmen extremely professional. Did a beautiful job and very cute!

Description of Work
Replacement of furnace and humidifier.

11/27/2012

Robert P.

We called Dand J for an estimate on a new A/C and furnace. They came in at a very reasonable rate and had a good deal for a high efficiency furnace if bundled with a new A/C. Since we were in the market for both, we jumped on it and have been extremely satisfied with our purchase ever since. They were very professional and cleaned up after themselves nicely. They thoroughly explained how to use the new touch-screen thermostat which was also very helpful. Very satisfied with the overall process.

Description of Work
We had a new A/C and furnace installed.

10/07/2012

David H.

Great!! Found the problems, checked over both A/C and furnace, unplugged drain on furnace, cleaned filters and fans. Everything working great!! Recommended to neighbor and brother.

Description of Work
A/C making noises and water leak around furnace.

06/05/2012

Jennifer B.

Mr. Jesse and Mr. Denny are great to work with. They are efficient, clean up well and explain all the details thoroughly. This is the second time we have had the HVAC installed by them and will continue!

Description of Work
New furnace installed. Additional duct work added to one room of our home. Added very nice programmable thermostat.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

01/16/2012

DAVID E.

They were good and we were satisfied. They were friendly guys. They did the job. They set everything up and we have had no problems with it since. I think that the price was competitive. They actually came out when the heater malfunctioned. They actually came out on a Sunday afternoon and got it going again just enough until we got it replaced, and I don't think they charged us for that.

Description of Work
D&J Heating and Air Conditioning replaced our furnace.

02/02/2011

maureen M.

Would use them everytime we have a problem and we have recommended them to our neighbors.

Description of Work
Big Snowstorm, furnace went out. They came as fast as possible, got the furnace started. They replaced our air conditioner last year and after that service, we didn't hesitate to call them about the furnace. They are the nicest, most professional people we have ever used.

Seasonal Survival

$75.00 trip fee Regular or Weekend Veteran owned Family Business Senior and Veteran discount 35 years in HVAC trade.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Clark Heating & Cooling

Clark Heating & Cooling offers American standard & Bryant heating & cooling products. We could offer many other brands but we feel these two offer the best balance of features, benefits, reliability, warranty coverage and overall value. As we say, the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten. We are an American standard customer care dealer which means we go above & beyond to ensure a great experience with Clark heating. We have many times been recognized as "dealer of the year" for providing unmatched service. We've accomplished this by maintaining customer satisfaction rating of over 98%. Contact us today, we'd love to make you a satisfied customer too.

Cardinal Heating & Air Conditioning

Since 1984, Cardinal Heating & Air Conditioning has provided the Sun Prairie, WI area exceptional heating, air conditioning, Electrical and plumbing services; it’s no wonder they were voted Best Heating and Cooling company in Sun Prairie for 6 years straight! Offering professional technicians, same day installations and 24 hour service among other things make them the right choice for any HVAC or plumbing job. Call today to schedule your next appointment!

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Hardware & Home Improvement Stores
    Check, MasterCard, Visa, Financing Available

Air Conditioning Service & Repair,Boiler Dealers,Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems,Heating Contractors & Specialties