Cruz Roofing & Construction

Madison, WI 53713

None

05/09/2017

Barb S.

They removed the old roof and put on a new roof. Work was done quickly and efficiently and clean up was excellent! Courteous and respectful workers.

Description of Work
New Roof

09/19/2016

Andrew F.

I received and estimate but the work was not completed, This process dragged on for weeks and the work was never completed.

Description of Work
Chimney flashing repair

06/29/2014

chuck C.

All went great. On time and quality work. One year later and the roof has no leaks and looks great.

Description of Work
Reroof a flat roof of a business

05/23/2014

Xin Z.

The insurance asked for invoice including the description of the work to be done and materials (name, make, size, capacity, type, grade, quality, size of quantity) principally used which were not shown clearly in their invoice. I kept contacting them for the invoice that can be accepted by the insurance for more than one year by phone calls and by emails, but failed to get their actual response. During this time, the and quot;Better Business Bureauand quot; and and quot;Department of Agriculture, Trade and consumer Protectionand quot; contacted them for this, none of them get success to resolve the issue. They simply did not response at all. It has been more than one year, the insurance is not paying the coverage because of their invoice not acceptable and is not paying the rest of damage caused by the storm because their invoice block any further payment. There are a lot stress for the house owner to keep contacting the contractor and finding the authorities to contact them for such a long time. Not to say, all the tries failed to get proper response.I wrote this review after such a long time stress from them and would like share with others.

Description of Work
They repaired the damaged roof and gutter from the storm in December 2012, and collected the cost immediately after the work. The invoice they gave me is not accepted by the insurance when I sent to the insurance company. They just roughly wrote some work done and the price and date it, but not detailed enough to be accepted.

Category gutter repair, roofing

04/22/2014

Wesley H.

They were good. It was a good price because they had it done in early winter. There was even snow one day so they had to brush up the roof because of the snow. They did what they said they were gonna do and they said they were gonna come at a certain day and be done on the next day and they were done even though they had to wait for the snow to melt. The only thing, though it wasn't their fault, was that there were nails that we found on the ground. They did come back later after the snow was gone and tried to come through with the magnet and tried to pick them up. Their price were excellent because I compared it with a couple of companies and theirs was a lot cheaper. We haven't had any problem with our roof. I'd recommend them to other people.

Description of Work
Cruz Roofing and Construction did our roof.

04/22/2014

Jamie C.

We have a flat rubber roof on an addition we had built 5 years ago. About year 2 the roof began to leak inside the house. I ignored it for a while as it was small but it did become more and more of a problem, to the point water was dripping from the ceiling fan. It turned out it was very, very difficult to find someone who could repair a rubber roof. The builder who did the addition refused to come and look and gave me a referral instead. This guy came out, took a look, gave me an estimate and I never heard from him again despite numerous calls. After a year of finding no one, I turned to Angie's list and discovered Cruz Roofing. Mr. Cruz came immediately after I called and gave me a very detailed description of what needed doing and what had been done wrong (no surprise as there were many other problems with the addition. He sent a very reasonable estimate (half what I thought it would be). He came when he said he would and worked along with a few of his men. They were done in a few hours and did a great job. He's a great guy and I would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Repaired a flat rubber roof on an addition we had done. It was built incorrectly and leaked constantly.

03/17/2014

BILL B.

The experience was very fine; it was excellent. I liked their attention to detail. They did quality work and cleaned up well afterwards. They explained things well. They are a quality roofer. They give a straight story and they are trustworthy. The pricing was reasonable.

Description of Work
I used Cruz Roofing & Construction to replace a roof.

10/03/2013

Melissa W.

The wet area with the wet insulation was purposely left there , and only repair the outside pretending to have a good repair work done. In this way, reduce the work need to repair, and giving you a comparative quote, not doing the actual work, the problem is still there, make it worse. Although they promissed to take a photo for the work, but did not, even on the site reminded them for that. Of couse, they do not want to let you see they did not actually do the job. In the end, they quickly ask you to pay them on site. And they will never be able to be reached after getting paid. Even sometimes accidently take the phone, they keep lying. No responsibility at all. Do not ever use them! To avoid more trouble.

Description of Work
They simply replaced some shingles. It seems OK from outside. But they did not check the actual leakage.

We warranty all our work we have no record or contract with this person. We never got a phone call from this person and I get all the messages. Thanks Cruz's roofing

09/13/2013

pamela W.

Went well, fast, no problems, crew cleaned up and so far no leaks.

Description of Work
replaced rubber flat roof over our sunroom.

05/17/2013

JAMES S.

The roof had been damaged during a recent storm. Because of the success we had with the provider on our dining room roof two years ago, we called back to see if he could do an estimate on the storage shed. Since it's not part of the house, we were very flexible and not in a hurry to have the work done, but Cruz's surprised and came out to do the repairs on a day when they had a few hours to do the work. We were very happy with what they did and it matched very well with the shingles that stayed on the roof (ones undamaged in the storm). We had to decide between repairing the roof and replacing the shed, obviously the price they gave was reasonable enough to make it easy to decide on replacing the roof. Repairs went quickly, work was done very well and we're very happy with the result.

Description of Work
Replaced the plywood roof and shingles on our storage shed.

12/21/2012

Craig M.

Cruz had been out and completely resided our home and put a new roof on after a hail storm last year. Due to the great experience at that time, we called him to give him the job on the addition we were building onto our home. The roof was put on and then they were not able to get the siding job done. I do not know if there was a personal matter or problem with Rick. This job, however did not go well. The quality of the roof seems to be good. The problems we had were with responsiveness and getting him to call back when they did not show up as promised. I was reluctant to leave any feedback, however, this experience was opposite of the first review where I probably gave Cruz straight A's. I don't feel like it does this site justice if the best information is not put out there for other members. When Cruz did not show up to side the addition, we had to bring in someone new to finish the job. They had to order additional siding to complete an entire side of the addition because Cruz did not have the correct amount ordered. Fortuntately, we had the contractor our builder had originally lined up available for the job so we only had the delay of waiting on Cruz, but it was frustrating. So, one positive and now one-- not so much.

Description of Work
The service performed was placing a new roof on an addition to our home. They were supposed to side the addition but were unable to complete the task.

Category roofing, siding

09/25/2012

Joan P.

He told us he really didn't need to hire him. He actually showed us how to fix it ourselves. He is a four-star guy.

Description of Work
He came out to assess our roof

07/19/2012

Scott A.

I signed a contract with Rick Cruz in mid-April, 2012, with a 50% down payment Windows and skylights (one was special order) took longer than expected to arrive from the manufacturers so work did not begin until mid-July. Total installation from start to finish took four days, due to a blistering heatwave. Rick's original estimate on the time was three days. Rick's crew, who are all his employees, were hardworking, efficient, and friendly. Installation and workmanship was excellent. One of the skylights was slightly larger than the original which required some additional interior work. I am very pleased with the results of this project.

Description of Work
I received bids from five Madison contractors (all listed on Angie's) for a one-layer roof tear-off and replacement, three replacement skylights, and two double hung replacement windows. Cruz Roofing was the lowest bid (highest was $14,500). Bid included quality shingles (GAF Timberline), Velux skylights and Kolbe & Kolbe double hung windows. The contact included a 15 year workmanship guarantee on the roof. I was really impressed with Rick Cruz. He was very responsive. This is a local family owned business that has been in the Madison area for many years. The higher bids were from several of the "big guys" in the Madison area, who have fancy showrooms and high overhead.

Category roofing, replacement windows, skylights

05/22/2012

Gilead M.

We were very pleased with the service and the work provided by Cruz's roofing. Rick Cruz, who did the estimate and supervised the project, was pleasant, professional and much more informative that the other contractors we talked to. He quickly understood our requirements, came up with useful suggestions and presented a clear schedule and plan of action. The time allotted to the project was a little longer than usual, which was fine with us because it was clear that he cared more about craftsmanship than about speed. The project began and ended on schedule. The roofers were very professional.Communication with Rick and his brothers was excellent and we were very pleased with the results as well as with the way they responded to our request for changing the color of the chimney flashing after the work on it was completed. Rick cheerfully agreed to the change, which required several hours of additional work, at no extra charge. the cleanup was very thorough and the experience was positive from start to finish.

Description of Work
Remove old roofing (asbestos shingles) and replace with new architectual shingles

05/03/2012

JL B.

Cruz Roofing and Construction did a roofing job that included removing old 20 year shingles, replacing rotted sheets of plywood, and re-shingling with 50 year impact resistant shingles, which they did not suggest in their initial quote but rather I requested and for which they researched three options from which I would choose. They did a great job of rehanging the gutters and updating the vent hardware and were careful around the chimney (a necessary note since the chimney is being rebuilt soon and has significant decay). They were nice to my dog! Ok, they didn't personally greet my dog but were punctual on the promised date and finished when they said they would, which meant I could reliably make plans to relocate my dog during the days when they were working. I was always able to reach the construction supervisor on the phone during the day and often during the evening. I would use this company again and I would recommend it. This roofing job was on a single story ranch style home.

Description of Work
Re-shingle a ranch home roof in December.

05/01/2012

mary K.

Cruz crew arrived as planned, tore down and re-shingled the roof within the week. Cleaned up very nicely. Professional and courteous crew.

Description of Work
This was a hail damaged roof from the storm last year. While many roofers stopped by, I decided to go with Cruz roofing bc of Rick's knowledge and family history of experience. Once he started the job, his crew was efficient and effective in completing the job. We had no problem whatsoever with left over materials in planters or lawn. We had no problem with payments. Yes I would hire Cruz roofing again

03/17/2012

Chris H.

Made an initial direct contact by phone about getting an estimate for our roof and was told that he was near our home and would swing by to take a look and get back with me. I never heard back and made a follow up call leaving a message a couple weeks after that and didn't get any response whatsoever. Decided at that point it was getting too late in the season and realized I did not want to work with a business that couldn't even return a phone call.

Description of Work
No actual services were performed. Only a conversation to get an estimate for repairing a roof and an estimate for a new roof.

03/03/2012

Eric H.

The Cruz's did a great job. Nice, friendly, knowledgeable, honest. Gave what seemed be be a fair estimate. I liked that they were easy to work with and good at communicating with me and returning phone calls when needed. They were familiar with the insurance process and were quite willing to work through those channels. I had a previous experience with a roofer who did an ok job, but came in with a huge crew and was completely done in about 6 hours, with mediocre results. The Cruz's seemed to use a smaller crew, took a little longer, and payed a little more attention to detail, with a nice looking roof as a result.

Description of Work
Replaced hail-damaged shingles on our house and garage.

01/09/2012

Jean V.

They were efficient in coming out. Their crew was very friendly and straightforward. They completed the job as promised. They cleaned up after the job was finished.

Description of Work
We used Cruz Roofing & Construction in November 2011, for roofing.

11/18/2011

Craig M.

The Cruz brothers came to our home promptly after our home had been damaged by hail. The builder of our home, who is extremely fastidious, had Cruz Roofing replace her roof and recommended Cruz to us. All concerns and questions were answered quickly and completely. The crew came to roof and side our home promptly. We had a high grade roof placed, which required some different finishing work and it looks great. The siding work they did was better than the original job. The original finishing work around the windows was poor and Rick showed us how it would be done to look more and quot;finished.and quot; Attention to detail could not have been better. They were effficient, clean and respectful to our home and to us. The house looks beautiful and everything went smoothly. We had many roofing contactors, many from out of the area, knock on our door in search of work. Cruz Roofing is a local established business. Months after the job was complete, we had a new deck put on our home. The deck contractor caused some minor damage to the siding. Rick Cruz came out and personally replaced the piece of siding and, did not even charge us! I would never have anyone else do roofing or siding work on our home-- fair price, excellent job!

Description of Work
After our home suffered major hail damage, the Cruz "Crew" put a new roof and resided our entire home. From beginning to end, we could not be more satisfied. Any questions or concerns were quickly responded to. The completed job was excellent. The crew was tidy, respectful and friendly. We later had a a new deck put on our home and Rick was kind enough to personally come out and replace a replace a piece that had been damaged-- at no charge! They truly appreciated the business and we were very glad that we found them to do the job. We highly recommend Cruz Roofing.

Category contractors, remodeling

11/08/2011

McKinney A.

.The roof/workmanship was excellent. They were also very clean and did not leave much debris behind. They protected the plants around the garage during tear-off. We had a little bit of trouble getting it scheduled, but that may have been unusual--my job was very small and Rick was out of town for a portion of the communication. Once we were scheduled, the crew showed up exactly as scheduled. They did stay pretty late. They also left behind some supplies that Rick had to pick up a few days later. Overall, they were nice, easy to work with people, the work quality was top notch, and their price was very reasonable. I would absolutely use them in the future and I would recommend them to friends.

Description of Work
Cruz Roofing put a new roof on our garage, tearing off the old shingles and adding new plywood and felt underneath.

10/26/2011

Rosalie Maria M.

They are a local company and have been in town for many years. They seem to have a reasonable price and I am considering the offer. I have between quoted in between $12000 to $14000, which depends on the quality of tiles. My overall experience was very good and I am considering using them.

Description of Work
I received an estimate from Cruz Roofing & Construction for roofing and chimney removal, in July, 2011.

10/03/2011

John K.

Completed job on short notice (within 3 weeks) and job completed in one half day. Arrived early and finished early. Fast and thorough.

Description of Work
Replaced roof on house and garage.

09/21/2011

Jim F.

Very fast -- finished in under 8 hours. Did a good job cleaning up afterwards. Had a couple of window screens that got torn, which the company fixed after the tears were pointed out.

Description of Work
Roof tear-off and new roof installed.

09/02/2011

Jeff R.

I called this comapny to get an estimate/inspection of hail damage to my property and it took weeks for them to respond to me. I am not sure if they even came out. I asked for documentation on the inspection and and estimate to be mailed back in July and it is now Sept and still nothing. I would not recommend them to do any job if it takes over two months to give some feedback.

Category roofing, siding

Hensen Masonry LLC

Hensen Masonry, LLC is a family owned and operated business. Run by and Tony Hensen.

Next Door & Window

Here at Next Door and Window, we a ready to bring you the best options for your new window and home door project. Next Door and Window has the best windows by Marvin, Integrity, Marvin Infinity and Sunrise. Wood Clad, Vinyl and Fiberglass Windows and Entry and Patio Doors by Albany and Provia. Next Door and Window will have one of their highly trained professionals meet with you and discuss all the possible options for your window and door project, they will then provide you with a FREE NO OBLIGATION quote for your project. Best of all, Next Door and Window will paint or stain your window and trim to match any color you need with our paint match program. Most others leave the project for you to finish with paint or stain, but, at Next Door and Window we do that for you! Next Door and Window also provides the best installation procedures and materials to make certain your project is done right and we back it with the industries best warranties. We have a full team of installation and service professionals to answer your questions…fast! If a visit is necessary to your home we will work around your schedule within a half-hour window of time to handle your issue quickly, often within 24 hours. We have over 25 trucks in the field to serve you fast. We are there when you need us. Additional DBA - Wolt Window & Door. Additional showroom addresses: 815 E. Ogden Ave, Naperville, IL 60563, & 718 E Rand Rd Arlington Heights, IL 60004.

Offers Coupon

Arrow Exterior Design

At Arrow Exterior Design we offer roofing, siding, windows and decking. We don't believe in high pressure sales to get you to work with us. We want you to be comfortable in trusting Arrow Exterior Design with your home and help you get your job done. We have been in business for 4 years, but combine for many years of experience in this business. We are family owned and Russ, the owner is a veteran. Evenings, Saturdays's and Sunday's by appointment only.

Offers Coupon

Roofing, shingles & rubber roofing, gutter repair and replacement, chimney repair, skylights, siding, window replacement, carpentry, woodshakes, roof repitching & drainage.