BARLOW BUILDERS INC

Founded 2000 • With Angi since August 2010

4.2

1844 BOYD AVE

Madison, WI 53704

Since 2000, the professionals at Barlow Builders have been providing superior quality home services to residential clients. Our Madison remodeling contractors services are dedicated to creating beautiful living space for your family with Home Additions, Siding, Roofing, Kitchen Remodeling, Bathroom Remodeling, Windows, Doors, Patios, and Decks. Barlow Builders, Inc. is a locally owned full-service residential remodeling contractor in Madison, WI. We are dedicated to the evaluation, installation and maintenance of your home. Our professional staff is qualified to evaluate your needs and will assist you in making the appropriate choice of materials and applications. Our Madison remodeling contractors service all types of residential homes with complete knowledge and expertise. Our experience and craftsmanship set us apart from our competition. We specialize in home additions from the ground up, roofing. siding, windows, doors, garages, kitchens, bathrooms, basements and more! For a complete list of what we offer please visit our remodeling services page. Barlow Builders, Inc. is committed to providing our clients with the finest quality service with professionalism and attention to detail. We take care of each client’s needs from start to finish and are available around the clock to answer any questions you may have or clarify anything about your project. We are there for you throughout the entire process. Barlow Builders, Inc. is your #1 Madison residential remodeling specialist. Please take a look at our photo gallery or feel free to read the testimonials from several of our most satisfied clients. Barlow Builders, Inc. is a locally owned full-service residential remodeling contractor in Madison, WI. We are dedicated to the evaluation, installation and maintenance of your home. Our professional staff is qualified to evaluate your needs and will assist you in making the appropriate choice of materials and applications. Our Madison remodeling contractors service all types of residential homes with complete knowledge and expertise. Our experience and craftsmanship set us apart from our competition. We specialize in home additions from the ground up, roofing. siding, windows, doors, garages, kitchens, bathrooms, basements and more! For a complete list of what we offer please visit our remodeling services page. Barlow Builders, Inc. is committed to providing our clients with the finest quality service with professionalism and attention to detail. We take care of each client’s needs from start to finish and are available around the clock to answer any questions you may have or clarify anything about your project. We are there for you throughout the entire process. Barlow Builders, Inc. is your #1 Madison residential remodeling specialist. Please take a look at our photo gallery or feel free to read the testimonials from several of our most satisfied clients. Contact us today for a no-obligation consultation or request a quote! Have you outgrown your home, and need to find a bigger home in Madison? Then maybe you should consider expanding your current home by adding a room addition. Why buy a new house when you can build out and up? Our Madison remodeling contractors are experienced in room additions to complete second story house additions, bathroom additions to kitchen extensions, sunrooms to garages. If it can be expanded, we can build it....

10/18/2016

Eleanor O.

I don't know who did the work for the other reviewers but the ones that came to our house were terrible. The workers did not have the tools they needed for the job at hand, which was the least of the problems. We should have known better when the plasterer bragged about how great he was. Not even close. My husband has had to redo a lot of the work we paid for. Even installing the doors was a challenge and new holes have to be drilled and the doors rehung. A jig that would have helped line up the hinges correctly was not part of their tools. This outfit appears to rely on the homeowner to have tools and not to know anything about construction or plumbing. Unfortunately for them, my husband appeared to be more knowledgeable then them. However he is disabled and we were hoping to save him some physical pain by getting this work done. We paid a lot of money for shoddy work. Perhaps Brad's other workers are better.

Description of Work
Remodeled bathroom, installed flooring, doors, fixed a wall and a few other misc. items. They were hired to do the bath and finish up remodeling job.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, remodeling, home remodeling, doors

07/30/2015

Evan A.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodeling. Considering this was my first remodeling project, things went well. When describing the process, Brad explained that once things began to move ahead, there would be periods when his crew was here consistently followed by times when they couldn't be due to subcontractors getting held up with other projects. I appreciated Brad keeping me in the loop on essentially all aspects of the work. If something unforeseen happened, he'd let me know immediately so I'd be able to plan accordingly. His staff worked efficiently when in the house. I felt comfortable leaving home for extended periods while they continued with the remodeling. The finished product exceeded my expectations. Brad worked very well with the other vendors related to the cabinets, countertop and appliance delivery. I'm also planning to have a new deck built and have asked Brad to provide me with a bid for that project as well.

Category countertops, decks, remodeling, home remodeling

04/17/2015

Chad G.

Project went well & took about 8 hrs total. We initially were to have two guys for 4 hrs, but the day of the job Brad gave us Dave for 8 hrs instead who was great to work with. We stayed home & helped out to expedite our project list which became quite extensive after our original purchase of the Angie's list deal. Our home is older & every update we've attempted turns into a challenge because of it's original construction. The things we were able to wipe off our long list already look SO much better. We will continue to use Brad & his friendly crew on future projects. Brad has been very responsive throughout the planning & aims to please. THANK YOU :)

Description of Work
removed old caulk from upper kitchen cupboards, raised sagging kitchen cabinets & caulked. Skimmed bathroom walls to prep for orange peel texture. Installed a new granite bathroom vanity. Re-caulked and older bathroom vanity, and other areas of the bathroom that needed updating. Replaced old wood door between house & garage with new steel door.

Category countertops, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

02/17/2015

Mary Lou N.

All the details of what Barlow Builders Inc did are listed above.

Description of Work
Brad Barlow went to my daughter's house because of a water leak in the basement. He immediately realized there was a serious problem. He contacted two of his crew members to come over and start removing the ceiling and the drywall on the side walls looking for the source of the leak. In the meantime he contacted a plumber to come over and check in the kitchen to see where the leak was coming from. They identified it immediately. Brad also rented equipment from A-Z Rental to dry up the water and the wood affected by the leak. Everyone was very professional and friendly and did a great job. He worked very well with the insurance company also. This is just the beginning of the restoration process but we have total confidence in Barlow Builders Inc. to complete the job in a timely fashion. We would highly recommend his company for any construction work, big or small, that you want done.

Category remodeling

08/19/2014

Jamie R.

Barlow Builders/Brad Barlow was recommended to me by a trusted vendor after I'd expressed frustration with the bid process and cost associated with another firm (whose estimate turned out to be 3x the finished cost with Barlow). She advised that Brad was honest, trustworthy, pleasant to work with, and did quality work at reasonable cost. I found this to be true--and additionally, he would discuss different options and associated costs for my consideration along the way, mindful of the original estimate he provided. He was cautious to warn that until complete tear-out, he wouldn't be able to precisely know what issues might lie beneath--but always had an eye to cost efficiences while knowing I didn't want to sacrifice quality, still in keeping with my modest home. Though a small shop, Brad was sufficiently timely for my purposes (I had a second bathroom to use). I provided a deposit late April, took about a month to choose and have ordered tile/grout/trim arrive, got past Memorial Day holiday, and he was able to start the project mid June. (He's since taken on an additional worker). He communicated regularly regarding timing updates and project status--and if I ever had a question or needed to reach him, he eithered answered his phone right away or called back within the same business day. His employee, Jim, was very meticulous, attentive to detail, and pleasant to deal with. The work site was cleaned up every day before they left. They essentially treated my home with the care they would their own. One day when I was delayed getting home, the temperature outside had heated up, and the AC came on, Jim was kind enough to make sure all my windows were closed before he left--a courtesy that reflects who they are and how they operate. Two things didn't work in their favor on the project, and yet they compensated fairly well. First, given that I wanted a decorative border with small insets, I should have employed a designer to create a detailed drawing to scale. Additionally, as the house was built in the 60's, there were a few "out of square" challenges. Both of these factors required in-process creativity on Brad's part which we negotiated to mutual satisfaction. With my own lessons learned from the project, I wouldn't hesitate to hire Barlow Builders again.

Description of Work
Installed new shower stall in 3/4 2nd floor bathroom. Tear-out and disposal of existing sliding, two-wall glass (corner entry) doors, tile, and fiberglass base. Framed in solid wall (drywalled, texture, paint--painted ceiling as well, where joined); served as general contractor (arranged for plumber to re-route pipe fixtures to new solid wall) and framed in square space to hold soaps; installed/mudded new base, tiled wall per client's design, and sealed grout. Installed permanent shower rod. Replaced adjacent heat vent and baseboard.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, glass repair, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

03/08/2014

Cheryl J.

Brad does very good work and at a very affordable rate. Brad is knowledgeable, honest, and upfront about what he is capable/comfortable doing and what is recommended. He won't suggest repairs that aren't needed. After no shows from other contractors, Brad came in and did a great job repairing a plaster wall, installing a vanity, and retrofitting the heat duct in an old 1930's bathroom. Brad was very patient and understanding after my having to purchase and return three vanities before I found one that would work. Brad is punctual and always returns my calls promptly. I have been impressed with the time Brad spends during the estimating process, listening to my ideas, and explaining the work he will do. Now that the weather is warming up, I have several things I need fixed/replaced outside and will, without hesitation, have Brad do this work. I definitely would recommend his services.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel encompassing repairing a plaster wall, installing a vanity and sink and heat duct work, installed a storm door, add flashing around porch roof, and installed new outside steps to back door.

Category countertops, decks, drywall, heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling, roofing, home remodeling, doors

New Vision Painting

Specializing in exterior and interior painting! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Next Door & Window

Here at Next Door and Window, we a ready to bring you the best options for your new window and home door project. Next Door and Window has the best windows by Marvin, Integrity, Marvin Infinity and Sunrise. Wood Clad, Vinyl and Fiberglass Windows and Entry and Patio Doors by Albany and Provia. Next Door and Window will have one of their highly trained professionals meet with you and discuss all the possible options for your window and door project, they will then provide you with a FREE NO OBLIGATION quote for your project. Best of all, Next Door and Window will paint or stain your window and trim to match any color you need with our paint match program. Most others leave the project for you to finish with paint or stain, but, at Next Door and Window we do that for you! Next Door and Window also provides the best installation procedures and materials to make certain your project is done right and we back it with the industries best warranties. We have a full team of installation and service professionals to answer your questions…fast! If a visit is necessary to your home we will work around your schedule within a half-hour window of time to handle your issue quickly, often within 24 hours. We have over 25 trucks in the field to serve you fast. We are there when you need us. Additional DBA - Wolt Window & Door. Additional showroom addresses: 815 E. Ogden Ave, Naperville, IL 60563, & 718 E Rand Rd Arlington Heights, IL 60004.

Offers by Next Door & Window on Angi
    Pickett Painting, L.L.C.

Keeping Your Home or Office Looking Brand New! With more than 30 years of combined experience, we have developed a strong reputation as a family-owned-and-operated business that puts your needs first. We pay extremely close attention to detail and always maintain a clean, safe, and friendly work environment. Pickett Painting, L.L.C., in Verona, WI, is the area's leading painting company serving Columbia, Dane, Green, Jefferson, Iowa, Rock and Sauk counties since 2011. We specialize in interior and exterior painting, drywall repair and deck staining. For all your painting and drywall needs, contact Pickett Painting, L.L.C. in Verona.

Madison Remodeling Contractors, Home Additions, Siding, Roofing, Kitchen Remodeling, Bathroom Remodeling, Windows, Doors, Patios, Decks, Home Remodeling, Barlow Builders Inc